Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 30, 2011, 07:59:35 PM
Haxorus

Default R/B/Y Trainer Midi Remix

Hey guys. I made a midi remix of the Kanto Wild Pokemon battle theme a while ago, and would like some feedback on it. It is my first 100% custom midi sequence. Tell me what you think of the arrangement. Any feedback is welcome, including negative.
Attached Files
File Type: mid Kanto Wild REMIX.mid (28.6 KB, 581 views)
Old October 17, 2011, 03:49:16 AM
Kyurem

Overall, pretty nice. But there seems to be some kind of volume balance issue... The trumpets seem to be too quiet in the beginning part of the music. Also, some of the music sound like it's going off-key. Is it just me?

That said, I wonder what's up next?
Old October 19, 2011, 07:08:43 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
Overall, pretty nice. But there seems to be some kind of volume balance issue... The trumpets seem to be too quiet in the beginning part of the music. Also, some of the music sound like it's going off-key. Is it just me?

That said, I wonder what's up next?
Thanks.
What part sounds off key? I don't really hear it.
Old October 20, 2011, 07:21:51 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshizard View Post
Thanks.
What part sounds off key? I don't really hear it.
I think I'll just tell you my full opinion about your remix.

Great choice of instruments, but don't you think that marimba could be substituted for something with a little bit more... "oomph"?

The quieter part is quite jarring...

The bass sounds disappointing. I think synth bass isn't quite suitable for this kind of song, if you're going to use trumpets.

The trumpets, as I said, are too quiet. Also, I wonder whether you could make it go with the main melody?

The percussion is good, but... I wonder whether you have tried having the percussion change positions?

I see that there seems to be a lot of instruments used in the MIDI file, but some of them seem to be underused. The French horn, English horn, rock organ and orchestra hit seem to be the underdogs of this song.

...You're right, nothing's off-key. Maybe I'm just too used to official remixes.

(Seems like the whole song is mono...)

Last edited by Twiggy; October 20, 2011 at 07:22:25 AM.
Old October 20, 2011, 03:03:18 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
I think I'll just tell you my full opinion about your remix.

Great choice of instruments, but don't you think that marimba could be substituted for something with a little bit more... "oomph"?

The quieter part is quite jarring...

The bass sounds disappointing. I think synth bass isn't quite suitable for this kind of song, if you're going to use trumpets.

The trumpets, as I said, are too quiet. Also, I wonder whether you could make it go with the main melody?

The percussion is good, but... I wonder whether you have tried having the percussion change positions?

I see that there seems to be a lot of instruments used in the MIDI file, but some of them seem to be underused. The French horn, English horn, rock organ and orchestra hit seem to be the underdogs of this song.

...You're right, nothing's off-key. Maybe I'm just too used to official remixes.

(Seems like the whole song is mono...)
Oh wow! Thank you!
This is the kind of feedback I need. Everybody is too afraid to tell me what they really think. I'm going to go work on it.