Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 25, 2012, 12:14:47 PM
Cyndaquil

Default Favorite spin-off?

PMD2 is definitely my favorite. Closely followed by the first PMD, I think the plots are really good and I enjoy the games. I loved the plot in PMD2 it was so unexpected and interesting, although I wish they'd make the main story go on for longer because after I finish the main story I lose interest in playing the game.

So I was wondering... what's your favorite spin-off? (ranger, trozei, PMD etc.)
Old July 25, 2012, 12:20:50 PM
Rayquaza

I would have to say PMD. Ranger wasn't exciting and Conquest was too boring. You can actually enjoy PMD.
Old July 25, 2012, 12:26:52 PM
Cyndaquil

Ranger is my least favorite spin-off, I don't know why I just hate the whole 'draw rings around the Pokemon' business, it's too repetitive. I never played conquest, I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend it?
Old July 25, 2012, 01:07:13 PM
Shaymin

Mystery Dungeon was probably my favorite. I just love the adventure it had.
Ranger was good, but not my forte.
Conquest I actually found really enjoyable... I guess it's cause I like that style of game play.
Pokepark is an odd series, which I actually get lots of enjoyment out of.
Old July 25, 2012, 01:15:48 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Ranger is my least favorite spin-off, I don't know why I just hate the whole 'draw rings around the Pokemon' business, it's too repetitive. I never played conquest, I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend it?
The gaming system is slow and and there isn't much broadness when it comes to choosing your Pokémon. The game wasn't simple to understand; it is unnecessarily complicated. Furthermore, the story is boring and too predictable.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; July 25, 2012 at 01:15:57 PM.
Old July 25, 2012, 03:57:24 PM
Giratina

*Looks at his own name* I have to go with Mystery Dungeon 100% of the way. I love it more than the main series. It has the second most touching stories I've seen and the endings always make me cry. Most of my imagination and TurtwigX persona is based solely off my PMD events.
Old July 25, 2012, 05:00:30 PM
Kyurem

Well, I've only played a few spin-offs, so I guess I'll just list them all and my opinions.

PMD Blue Rescue Team - OH GOD. THIS GAME. I CRIED WATERFALLS. Then the post-story came, and I was bent on getting through those Level 1 and 99 floor dungeons, but never could, despite my efforts.

Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia - ...meh, it wasn't great. I didn't like the soundtrack that much, and I really didn't like the story that much. At least they were able to keep you occupied with quests after the main game.

Pokemon Dash - I haven't played it in so long I've pretty much forgot about it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that great anyways and I remember winning every race by a landslide.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - MORE TORRENTIAL TEARS! Frankly, I think I sobbed more on the first one than this one. Still, it was a very nice ending and had a much better (and easier) post-game.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky - I didn't cry because it was more or less the same as Time...WHO AM I KIDDING, THE FIFTH SPECIAL EPISODE...MORE TEARS. But I liked the inclusion of more special episodes, along with the Shaymin side-quest.

Pokemon Battle Revolution - Again, it'd be great if I were actually good at competitive battling...those Masters Battles...this game has a really nice soundtrack, though. Mysterial's theme...epic.