Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 5, 2011, 05:07:25 PM
Cyndaquil

Default Anything wrong in my team?

I have a Dragonite,Lucario,Blaziken,Vaporeon,Mewtwo,and Zoroark,I'm training them all to be at least Level Seventy,that is my current milestone,are the type match-ups well? Anything I need to change? Please tell me! Thanks.
Old May 5, 2011, 08:15:44 PM
Keldeo

mayhaps provide movesets as well? '3'

but yea. Its a good balance of types, special attacks, physical attackers, and walls if this is just for in game. =w= Also +20 style points to you for choosing perhaps the most badass team design wise.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:12:40 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
mayhaps provide movesets as well? '3'

but yea. Its a good balance of types, special attacks, physical attackers, and walls if this is just for in game. =w= Also +20 style points to you for choosing perhaps the most badass team design wise.
Dragonite's: Drago Meteor, Dragon Rush, Giga Impact, and Fly
Mewtwo's: Physic,Ice Beam,Power Swap, and Guard Swap.
Blaziken's: Brave Bird, Flame Wheel, Quick Attack, and Peck (Still working on it..)
Vaporeon: Ice Beam,Surf,Dig, and Echoed Voice (Looking for a move to replace Ice Beam)
Lucario: Shadow Claw, Close Combat, Extremespeed, and Dig (I think, I lost my 3DS. )
Zoroark (Still working on moveset):Foul Play, Taunt, Fury Swipes, and Shadow Ball.

*Puts style points in style points folder* Thanks!

Last edited by Andeal; May 6, 2011 at 12:13:16 PM. Reason: Stupid smilleys...
Old May 6, 2011, 04:48:17 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andeal View Post
Dragonite's: Drago Meteor, Dragon Rush, Giga Impact, and Fly
Mewtwo's: Physic,Ice Beam,Power Swap, and Guard Swap.
Blaziken's: Brave Bird, Flame Wheel, Quick Attack, and Peck (Still working on it..)
Vaporeon: Ice Beam,Surf,Dig, and Echoed Voice (Looking for a move to replace Ice Beam)
Lucario: Shadow Claw, Close Combat, Extremespeed, and Dig (I think, I lost my 3DS. )
Zoroark (Still working on moveset):Foul Play, Taunt, Fury Swipes, and Shadow Ball.

*Puts style points in style points folder* Thanks!
In regards to movesets, my take on them (which may end up differing from Sunny's, in which case choose from either based on what you prefer).

Mewtwo: Give it Psystrike, Ice Beam, Aura Sphere, and Calm Mind. Psystrike allows for STAB Physical Attack, while taking advantage of it's huge Special Attack stat. Aura Sphere and Ice Beam are for additional coverage, and Calm Mind is for extra power.

Blaziken: High Jump Kick is a great Fighting STAB Attack if you're willing to risk the recoil, and Flare Blitz is the same for the Fire-type side of the spectrum. Add in Stone Edge for Flying coverage and Swords Dance for increased power.

Vaporeon: Scald works well, since Vaporeon will be very difficult to KO if the opponent is Physical Attacker and gets Burned. Wish provides decent recovery and allows you to heal allies as well. Protect can be combined with Wish for guaranteed recovery, and Roar is usable if you have entry hazards out, otherwise the final move (instead of Roar) could either be an Electric Hidden Power, or Ice Beam, for additional coverage.

Lucario: Lucario is an extremely versatile Pokemon. Depending on if you want it to be a Physical, Special, or Mixed Attacker, you could give it Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, or Work Up for a stat-boosting move. ExtremeSpeed is a rare move due to the number of Pokemon able to use it being relatively low, and it has +2 Priority in Generation V. Aura Sphere is great for consistent STAB Fighting for a Special Move, and the last move could vary. If it's meant to be Physical, give it Close Combat instead of Aura Sphere, and Crunch. If it's Special, keep Aura Sphere and give it Nasty Plot, as well as Dark Pulse. And if it's mixed, give it Work Up, Aura Sphere, and Crunch.

Zoroark: Also a very unique and versatile Pokemon, like Zoroark. Give it Flamethrower to take advantage of it's great Special Attack, along with Night Daze for the same reason plus STAB and Accuracy reduction. Focus Blast is also great, and you could throw in Nasty Plot for stat boosting.
Old May 7, 2011, 01:23:05 PM
Kyurem

@Aura:

I think that this is an in-game team, since it has an Uber and the level aimed for is 70.

As such, my advice stands like this:

Dragonite: I would say to replace Dragon Rush with Dragon Claw or Outrage, since the low accuracy of Dragon Rush can be very frustrating, and it is useful to have a reliable move. Draco Meteor can work for hitting Pokemon weak to special attacks, but you may want to try out Flamethrower or Thunderbolt to get hits on Steel, Grass, Flying, or Water-types. Giga Impact is strong, but it doesn't hit anything super-effectively, and is often out-powered by Dragon moves because of Same Type Attack Bonus. I would say something like Earthquake could fit the bill.

Mewtwo: What Aura said fits the bill perfectly. Setting up a little before you tear things apart works very well, and Psystrike, Ice Beam, and Aura Sphere all work amazingly. However, Psystrike takes ages to learn, so until then Psychic is a perfectly acceptable substitute.

Blaziken: Aura got this one well too. The only possible replacement I could even think of it putting in Earthquake over Swords Dance, simply because Blaziken could be a little too frail to set up on a stronger target.

Vaporeon: DO NOT GET RID OF ICE BEAM. Vaporeon has a marvelous Special Attack that you could be completely wasting by dropping Ice Beam. If anything, drop Dig. Vaporeon has an awful Attack stat, and the move itself is not especially powerful. Eeveelutions generally have pretty shallow movepools, and since most of the moves they get are egg moves (which you obviously can't get without getting a new Eevee) I have some suggestions. Keep Surf and Ice Beam. Shadow Ball is another impressive Special Attack that Vaporeon gets access to, and for a final move something like Toxic could work, since Vaporeon is very bulky and can stall out foes.

Lucario: You seem to be keen on using a physical Lucario (and you need one) so I shall only give two suggestions. Replace Shadow Claw with Crunch for its higher base power, and the final move (Dig) should be either Stone Edge, Earthquake, or even Rock Slide for more reliable accuracy.

Zoroark: Going Special probably works best with this guy. Ignore Shadow Ball, since it hits the same Pokemon as Dark-type moves but gets no Same Type Attack Bonus. Use Night Daze, possible partnered up with Nasty Plot, For the final two moves, Psychic, Flamethrower, and Focus Blast all work spectacularly.

Also, none of the moves I listed are egg moves, so you don't need to worry about those. Good luck

Last edited by Alakazamaster; May 7, 2011 at 01:23:51 PM.