Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 18, 2011, 05:24:07 PM
Mudkip

Default A Mono Team? Shocker...

As the name (may) suggest depending on how you read it, this is my Mono-Electric team.

Dhalism (Thundurus) (M) @ Red Card
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Taunt
~ Focus Blast
~ Thunderbolt
~ Nasty Plot

This is my lead. Well, an Anti-Lead. Taunt is your basic anti setup. Focus Blastchecks Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and any other rocks/steels.. Thunderbolt is an additional form of damage and Nasty Plot boosts its attacks to high amounts. Prankster is Sublime on this set. It gives Taunt and NP priority to utterly destroy almost every lead.

Hotennany (Galvantula) (F) @ Charti Berry
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~ Thunder
~ Bug Buzz
~ Agility
~ Energy Ball

Speed up then hit hard is the mind-set for this move set. I can Agility just once to outrun most sweepers. Thunder has 100% accuracy with compound eyes. 120 Base power and STAB makes it powerful. Bug Buzz is just about the same. 90 base power, and a 30% chance to lower the opponents Sp.Def. Energy Ball is there to cover the Rock weakness and any Ground types. The Charti Berry softens any hits from rrock types.

Bug Swatta (Electivire) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly (+ Spd, -SpAtk)
~ Earthquake
~ Brick Break
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder Punch

This is your classic off-the-mill physical sweeper. Earthquake is Earthquake. I prefer Brick Break over Cross Chop for the Accuracy and Screen Breaking. Ice punch is for grounds and Dragons, and Thunder Punch is STAB. I chose Thunder Punch over Wild Charge because of the recoil Wild Charge gives. Motor Drive is used for the speed boost on the random Electric move. And Expert belt is there for any supers.

Kitty-Kat (Raikou) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash (+SpAtk, -SpDef)
~ Calm Mind
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Aura Sphere

Life Orb Raikou is a public menace. Calm Mind boosts you up to massive power, giving you major sweeping ability. Thunderbolt is... yeah, Raikou's best move by far. Shadow Ball takes care of would-be counters for Raikou, such as Rotom-a and Celebi. Aura Sphere handles Tyranitar, hits Blissey hard, and is a great move in general.

What Neck? (Eelektross) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 Def
Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
~ Hidden Power (Ice)
~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot
~ Thunderbolt

This was interesting to conjure up. You have no weaknesses, three resistances, and an immunity. But a shallow move-pool IMO. Anyhow, HP Ice is for coverage. Thunderbolt is my main form of damage. Flamethrower is for grass types and the all dreaded Ferrathorn. Grass Knot is good against Rock types that otherwise wall.

Pot-Luck (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~ Hydro Pump
~ Pain Split
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Thunderbolt

Rotom-W has a lot of resistances and only one weakness. It makes for a great bulky Pokemon. Hydro Pump is obvious; it hits like a truck and provides useful coverage. Thunderbolt is my main attack. Pain Split keeps you healthy, and Shadow Ball gives coverage over Grass Types that would otherwise wall me.

Or this might work...    

EZ-Bake (Rotom-H) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

Will-O-Wisp burns and cripples physical sweepers. Pain Split keeps me healthy as it heals amazingly with Rotom's awful HP. Thunderbolt is STAB, 95 base, plus a paralysis chance. While overheat is the signature move (I'm a sucker for them) and just destroys almost anything.

----------------------------
So, thoughts? Opinions?

I know some of you have experience with Electric types, and any constructive criticism is highly appreciated. If you found this team pathetic, I hope you enjoyed your laugh...

Last edited by littlea53; July 26, 2011 at 12:09:07 PM. Reason: Adding pictures to make it purty.