Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How limited should any Rotom Form be?
Legal 3 42.86%
Limit One 2 28.57%
Banned 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old April 29, 2010, 11:30:35 AM
Kyurem

Default May 4th-Gen Exclusive Tournament: Disscussion and Rules

The time has come for another tournament! This one will be hosted by both Alakazamaster (me) and The Spirit of Time! This tourney will be following suit with the past two tourneys, and will be formatted in such a way that only 4th Generation Pokemon are allowed! In other words, most anything from 387-493 (with certain banned Pokemon of course). Without further ado, here are the main rules that have been set up! Feel free to comment or question certain rules so that this tourney can be the best that it can!

1. Battle Formatting: Battles will be conducted under a 6 vs. 6 Single Level 100 Formatting style. Pokemon will be automatically raised to Level 100.

2. List of Eligible Pokemon: Only Pokemon that were introduced in Sinnoh are allowed, but some of these Pokemon are still banned (see below).

3. Banned Pokemon: The following Pokemon are banned; NO exceptions.
(both formes) (both formes)

4. Limit One Pokemon: You may only use ONE of these Pokemon per team! Par example, if you want to use Regigigas, you can't use Uxie.

5. Species Clause: You may only use one of any Pokemon per team. In other words, a team full of Infernapes is not allowed.

6. Sleep Clause: Only one of the foe's Pokemon can be put to sleep with a move like Sleep Powder or Hypnosis. Self-inflicted sleep does not count.

7. OHKO Clause: The moves Guillotine, Seer Cold, Horn Drill, and Fissure are all banned.

8. Hack Clause: This is obvious. No hacked Pokemon. *******e is strictly prohibited, and only 2 RNG-Abused Pokemon are allowed per team.

9. Evasion Clause: Moves or items that up evasion are not allowed, such as Double Team or Bright Powder. Acupressure is also banned, because it may raise the evasion stat. Accuracy lowering moves, such as Mud Slap and Smokescreen, are NOT banned.

10. Hax Items Clause: The following items are considered "hax items" because they are luck-based and thus could unfairly turn the tide of battle based on chance:
Spoiler Alert:    
BrightPowder, Dire Hit, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lansat Berry, Lucky Punch, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, and Stick.

Those are the current rules. As previously stated, feel free to discuss or question any of these rules, or comment on the tourney in general.

Special thanks to Sunny for providing the Action Replay code necessary to use a Rotom Form over Wi-Fi:
Spoiler Alert:    
Platinum code
921F6CFA 00002870
121F6CFA 000028FF
D2000000 00000000
921F6D7C 000001DF
121F6D7C 000001EE
D2000000 00000000
921F6D48 0000217B
121F6D48 0000217C
D2000000 00000000

HG/SS

92200766 00002870
12200766 000028FF
D2000000 00000000
922007E8 000001DF
122007E8 000001EE
D2000000 00000000
922007B4 0000217B
122007B4 0000217C
D2000000 00000000

Last edited by Alakazamaster; May 11, 2010 at 12:08:07 PM.
Old April 29, 2010, 12:19:32 PM
Giratina

Wow, now I have to transport everything from Platinum to HG. Again. :3

Count me in, I'll train earlier this time.. Hopefully.

1v1 right?

Last edited by SK; April 29, 2010 at 12:25:07 PM.
Old April 29, 2010, 12:31:57 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
Wow, now I have to transport everything from Platinum to HG. Again. :3

Count me in, I'll train earlier this time.. Hopefully.

1v1 right?
Oh dear, thank you for pointing that out. I have added the fact that it is a Single Battle.
Old April 29, 2010, 12:35:46 PM
Zoroark

What day it it?
Old April 29, 2010, 12:59:33 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuildmasterWigglytuff View Post
What day it it?
Either May 29th or May 30th. Tourneys are always the last day of a month.
Old April 29, 2010, 01:29:57 PM
Zoroark

I won't be in the tourney. :*(
Old April 29, 2010, 01:50:41 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Oh dear, thank you for pointing that out. I have added the fact that it is a Single Battle.
You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuildmasterWigglytuff View Post
What day it it?
Quote:
Either May 29th or May 30th. Tourneys are always the last day of a month.
Last Sunday of the month, I thought..
Old April 29, 2010, 02:11:09 PM
Haxorus

THIS TIME i'm in! In fact, I'm training my team right now. (expect to see them PorygonZ and others when facing me) All I need to know is what TIME?

Last edited by RK-9; April 29, 2010 at 02:11:54 PM.
Old April 29, 2010, 02:30:06 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeveee View Post
THIS TIME i'm in! In fact, I'm training my team right now. (expect to see them PorygonZ and others when facing me) All I need to know is what TIME?
Tourneys are always at 12 Noon Pacific Time.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; April 29, 2010 at 02:30:59 PM.
Old April 29, 2010, 02:56:10 PM
Shaymin

Ala, you really thought this through! I don't really see any problems with these rules here. I'm open if you want to bounce any suggestions off of me however.

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; April 29, 2010 at 02:56:32 PM.
Old April 29, 2010, 04:02:43 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Ala, you really thought this through! I don't really see any problems with these rules here. I'm open if you want to bounce any suggestions off of me however.
Haha oh my I'm flattered. I am somewhat of a perfectionist, and I discussed with The Spirit of Time the main rules for this tourney, so our two super-brains gave birth to this tourney, our intellectual love-child so to speak!
Old April 30, 2010, 10:03:04 AM
Rayquaza

I was thinking of changing the time of the tournament. I really wanted to participate in this tournament, but 12 noon means midnight for me, and I will be sleeping as I will have school next day.

I was thinking of making it four hours earlier, 8 AM at the morning, or extending the tournament to the last 3 days. I think we need to discuss about it, shouldn't we?
Old April 30, 2010, 12:03:49 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I was thinking of changing the time of the tournament. I really wanted to participate in this tournament, but 12 noon means midnight for me, and I will be sleeping as I will have school next day.

I was thinking of making it four hours earlier, 8 AM at the morning, or extending the tournament to the last 3 days. I think we need to discuss about it, shouldn't we?
That sounds reasonable. I just think it may be a bit of a stretch for the majority of the tourney participants to get up that early, but it does make sense to discuss it.
Old May 1, 2010, 04:08:44 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
That sounds reasonable. I just think it may be a bit of a stretch for the majority of the tourney participants to get up that early, but it does make sense to discuss it.
I understand that, and that's why I never participated in any tournament till now. I blame timezones. I'm 12 hours ahead of you guys, and that's not helpful. If we can make it 9 AM in the Pacific, i.e, 9 PM in my country, then it would be fine.

Hey members! Do you think this is a good idea? Do you agree to wake up at 9?
Old May 1, 2010, 06:51:30 AM
Charizard

Fine with me. 9 AM PST is 12 PM EST.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:38:40 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I agree with you on that; so far I've only participated in one tournament, and that was because I was in my mid-term break. Therefore, I really think the time should be changed to suit us all.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:20:52 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I agree with you on that; so far I've only participated in one tournament, and that was because I was in my mid-term break. Therefore, I really think the time should be changed to suit us all.
I have put up a poll asking if people would be willing to deal with the time change. I hope that it goes in your favor, so that you and Spirit can participate.
Old May 1, 2010, 12:13:30 PM
Haxorus

Considering I'm in EST, sure why not. As long as my parents don't send me to the--- OH, CRAP! THE COTTAGE! I might not be able to come! Count me in, still, though
Old May 1, 2010, 12:28:05 PM
Giratina

9 AM Pacific is 11 Central? That will be fine if I go to early church.
Old May 1, 2010, 01:05:04 PM
Giratina

Let me see... That's 5PM my time. So that's fine! The rules are fine, as far as I can see. Now I just need to get around THAT restriction and I'm fine...
Old May 1, 2010, 01:06:18 PM
Giratina

Wow guys, I think I might not be able to make it until 12 CST or later on May 30 if that's when the tourney is, maybe we could do it a week earlier?
Old May 1, 2010, 01:37:38 PM
Shaymin

I'm never awake at 9 AM PST on weekends because I enjoy sleeping in. But I don't mind waking up early.
Old May 1, 2010, 02:38:52 PM
Rayquaza

The latest I've ever woken up is 9AM
Old May 1, 2010, 04:22:41 PM
Kyurem

Thanks guys, your being really flexible about this to help our buddies on the other side of the world!

And I'm very sorry SK, but I do not think we could move the tourney one week forward. People need lots of time to make teams, and tourneys are by tradition held on the last weekend of a month. D: Once again, tender apologies!
Old May 1, 2010, 06:02:45 PM
Giratina

Fine then, I'm not in this one..

Last edited by SK; May 1, 2010 at 06:03:07 PM.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:18:57 PM
Keldeo

I hate waking up early. Especially on a weekend. But if I must~! =w=
Also is it necessary to have regigigas in the limited list? ,:3

I never used one before, but its ability gives it a major handy cap.

Last edited by Sunny; May 1, 2010 at 06:20:33 PM.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:36:18 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
I hate waking up early. Especially on a weekend. But if I must~! =w=
Also is it necessary to have regigigas in the limited list? ,:3

I never used one before, but its ability gives it a major handy cap.
Thank you for raising this topic! Me and Spirit discussed it, and while Regigias' ability DOES hamper its sweeping ability, it has sturdy 110/110/110 HP and Defenses, and with Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray he can become a haxy stall machine! He also gets Knock Off which can seriously cripple walls and the like, and he may even make it 5 turns and shed his useless ability off.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:36:27 PM
Regigigas

Well, I'll TRY to join this one. My record hasn't been great with these things.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:57:21 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Thank you for raising this topic! Me and Spirit discussed it, and while Regigias' ability DOES hamper its sweeping ability, it has sturdy 110/110/110 HP and Defenses, and with Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray he can become a haxy stall machine! He also gets Knock Off which can seriously cripple walls and the like, and he may even make it 5 turns and shed his useless ability off.
Then again he does not get protect, detect, or endure to get rid of his ability. His ability makes him near useless halfing both attack and speed making him only a support pokemon, that can't even heal with wish or cure statuses. He also has no way of curing hiself other then rest. Its nearly impossible for him to outlast those 5 turns, and if he does, most of his moveset will be dedicated to helping him get that far leaving probably 1 move to sweep with. He also has no resistances other then ghost, and sweepers in 4th gen like lucario, infernape, gallade, and toxicroak tend to carry close combat making his semi bulky stats not as useful. In short he can't do much other then cause hax. He reminds me of spiritomb, only with less resistances and less versatility. If hax are what your worried about spiritomb outclasses him at everything. No weakness, more resistances, stronger attacking stats, pain split, wil-o-wisp, and the ability to attack with both special attack and attack. Hes much more versatile staller. Only thing regigigas can do that spiritomb can't is knock off. Which spiritomb makes up for with trick, which hinders walls even worse then knock off if you have a choice item. =w= Regigigas is only up there because of his legendary status I think. Mesprit probably doesn't belong up there either just because of how normal it is.

Last edited by Sunny; May 1, 2010 at 06:59:11 PM.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:07:20 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Then again he does not get protect, detect, or endure to get rid of his ability. His ability makes him near useless halfing both attack and speed making him only a support pokemon, that can't even heal with wish or cure statuses. He also has no way of curing hiself other then rest. Its nearly impossible for him to outlast those 5 turns, and if he does, most of his moveset will be dedicated to helping him get that far leaving probably 1 move to sweep with. He also has no resistances other then ghost, and sweepers in 4th gen like lucario, infernape, gallade, and toxicroak tend to carry close combat making his semi bulky stats not as useful. In short he can't do much other then cause hax. He reminds me of spiritomb, only with less resistances and less versatility. If hax are what your worried about spiritomb outclasses him at everything. No weakness, more resistances, stronger attacking stats, pain split, wil-o-wisp, and the ability to attack with both special attack and attack. Hes much more versatile staller. Only thing regigigas can do that spiritomb can't is knock off. Which spiritomb makes up for with trick, which hinders walls even worse then knock off if you have a choice item. =w= Regigigas is only up there because of his legendary status I think. Mesprit probably doesn't belong up there either just because of how normal it is.
It is true what you say about not being able to Protect a Pokemon out, but when you think about it Regigigas could make an excellent Fighting-type sweeper counter. Just slap a Chople Berry on it and it can take a Close Combat with ease. Then, you can Thunderwave back to ruin the sweeping. Earthquake conveniently rips apart the defensively unimpressive Lucario, Infernape, and Toxicroak, even if you are running off of a base 80 Atk. Gallade will also take quite a beating because of it's somehwhat low defense. IN FACT, Earthquake will nearly always OHKO because of the Defense drop provided by Close Combat! That is, if the oponnent is dense enough to stay in. If you expect a switch, Confuse Ray can ruin ANY Pokemon, and many people such as myself hate risking hitting yourself, especially when it brings Regigigas one step closer to losing Slow Start. Regigigas is unimpressive in the current metagame because of Pokemon like Metagross, Skarmory, Machamp, and Gyarados, but with all of these guys out of the picture Regigias may be able to stand out a bit.

By the way, Mesprit is actually pretty good because of its incredible movepool and generally ok stats. She can do alot, even if some people may do it a little better. She is like a wild card.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:19:34 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
It is true what you say about not being able to Protect a Pokemon out, but when you think about it Regigigas could make an excellent Fighting-type sweeper counter. Just slap a Chople Berry on it and it can take a Close Combat with ease. Then, you can Thunderwave back to ruin the sweeping. Earthquake conveniently rips apart the defensively unimpressive Lucario, Infernape, and Toxicroak, even if you are running off of a base 80 Atk. Gallade will also take quite a beating because of it's somehwhat low defense. IN FACT, Earthquake will nearly always OHKO because of the Defense drop provided by Close Combat! That is, if the oponnent is dense enough to stay in. If you expect a switch, Confuse Ray can ruin ANY Pokemon, and many people such as myself hate risking hitting yourself, especially when it brings Regigigas one step closer to losing Slow Start. Regigigas is unimpressive in the current metagame because of Pokemon like Metagross, Skarmory, Machamp, and Gyarados, but with all of these guys out of the picture Regigias may be able to stand out a bit.

By the way, Mesprit is actually pretty good because of its incredible movepool and generally ok stats. She can do alot, even if some people may do it a little better. She is like a wild card.
If regigigas IS running a earthquake on a haxxy moveset, hes completely shut down by taunters
Its also not worthy that alot of sweepers run sashes and carry priority moves. Extreme speed and mach punch, both which spiritomb completely resist. Of course rapid spin support will be needed. What im saying is in 4th gen, spiritomb outclasses regigigas as a staller. He resist most sweepers STAB moves letting him get a free switch in, and can cripple them with either burn, or thunder wave. More versatile, and better option is what im saying with spiritomb. Its not that regigigas is bad, its just that hes outclasses at what he does. If anything spiritomb should be up there instead. =w=
Old May 1, 2010, 07:42:07 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
If regigigas IS running a earthquake on a haxxy moveset, hes completely shut down by taunters
Its also not worthy that alot of sweepers run sashes and carry priority moves. Extreme speed and mach punch, both which spiritomb completely resist. Of course rapid spin support will be needed. What im saying is in 4th gen, spiritomb outclasses regigigas as a staller. He resist most sweepers STAB moves letting him get a free switch in, and can cripple them with either burn, or thunder wave. More versatile, and better option is what im saying with spiritomb. Its not that regigigas is bad, its just that hes outclasses at what he does. If anything spiritomb should be up there instead. =w=
Sashes are usually used only on leads, because of entry hazards and possible hail in this case. Regigigas would typically not go against a lead, so that does not concern him. Priority is a problem, and Spiritomb does indeed beat Regiggas in the regard. Now, on the matter of Taunt...

The following fully evolved Pokemon learn Taunt in Gen. 4:

The following Pokemon are the only Taunt users that will probably be actually used:
(maybe)

The following Pokemon are the only Pokemon that learn Taunt that are actually likely to run a set that uses it:

The following Pokemon are the only Pokemon that would run Taunt IF THEY ARE NOT A LEAD:

Regigigas had 6 Taunt users to actually be aware of when not facing a lead.

and are slower than Regigigas during his ability, so he could Earthquake and confuse (sure the latter is haxy, but it is something.) Is probably the best counter to Regigigas with Will-O-Wisp. Outspeeds and typically Taunts, but Regigigas can fire off more Earthquakes. He can also run Ice Punch to knock out in one hit (sometimes), but it is usually still a clean 2HKO. Ice Punch also handles , who likes to set up Substitutes and will not find a time to Nasty Plot or Calm Mind while being attack physcially. In fact, Substituting would just help Regigigas lose its ability! does not always run Taunt, especially on the sweeper sets. Thus Regigigas is free to paralyze! Should it be Taunted though, Ice Punch deals moderate damage, and Azelf will not be able to OHKO without a stat boost.

So in conclusion, Spiritomb IS better in a quite a few ways, but Regigigas can still hold it's own.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; May 1, 2010 at 07:52:38 PM.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:58:01 PM
Haxorus

I'm not in either. My mom (and, unfortunately) and I have to go to the cottage
Old May 1, 2010, 08:28:24 PM
Giratina

If I can get Wi-Fi at my dad's house, then I will definitely join!

Also, why does it matter if the time is 12 Pacific or 9 A.m Pacific?
Old May 1, 2010, 08:31:31 PM
Keldeo

Me and kaz have agreed that spiritomb does regigigas's job better when it comes to hax. Spiritomb will be limited instead of regi. =w=
Old May 1, 2010, 08:47:58 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
If I can get Wi-Fi at my dad's house, then I will definitely join!

Also, why does it matter if the time is 12 Pacific or 9 A.m Pacific?
If it is 9 AM, then Shadow and The Spirit of Time can join the tourney. They live in Dubai, so this would really help them not play at midnight.

Quote:
Me and kaz have agreed that spiritomb does regigigas's job better when it comes to hax. Spiritomb will be limited instead of regi. =w=
Not yet Sunny. I am mulling it over with The Spirit of Time.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; May 1, 2010 at 08:48:57 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 05:11:44 AM
Floatzel

OOH!~ I shall enter. I am avalible at all those times.
Alakazamaster, I will also PM you about this tourney. There are a couple rules that I could add.
Old May 2, 2010, 07:36:49 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRayquaza View Post
OOH!~ I shall enter. I am avalible at all those times.
Alakazamaster, I will also PM you about this tourney. There are a couple rules that I could add.
We would like to hear them here so we can discuss them, as this can take us to better decisions.

First of all, I'd like to thank all those who agreed to move the tournament's time to 9 am Pacific. This really allows me to take part in the tournament for once. Thanks a lot.

Regarding the Regi/Spiritomb thing:

In the first place, I wanted Regigigas to be in the limited list because his stats make him a beast. The only drawback is his stupid ability. If you guys find that having an unlimited monster within the teams is okay, then I don't mind removing him from the list. Of course, Spiritomb is much better, but I was afraid that if I put piritomb in the limited list, people will start coming and asking to put other normal Pokemon as well, like Lucario for example. I don't mind adding Spirtomb to the limited list, but if we do so, then no other OU sweeper is supposed to be in. Mesprit must be in the limited list, as it is very strong if used fairly. I battled Mesprit before, and it is really powerful.
Old May 2, 2010, 09:09:54 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
We would like to hear them here so we can discuss them, as this can take us to better decisions.

First of all, I'd like to thank all those who agreed to move the tournament's time to 9 am Pacific. This really allows me to take part in the tournament for once. Thanks a lot.

Regarding the Regi/Spiritomb thing:

In the first place, I wanted Regigigas to be in the limited list because his stats make him a beast. The only drawback is his stupid ability. If you guys find that having an unlimited monster within the teams is okay, then I don't mind removing him from the list. Of course, Spiritomb is much better, but I was afraid that if I put piritomb in the limited list, people will start coming and asking to put other normal Pokemon as well, like Lucario for example. I don't mind adding Spirtomb to the limited list, but if we do so, then no other OU sweeper is supposed to be in. Mesprit must be in the limited list, as it is very strong if used fairly. I battled Mesprit before, and it is really powerful.
I suggested both Regigigas AND Spiritomb should be in Limit One, because both of them make fantastic walls, as Sunny and I proved above. Since we can't choose which one to place, why not both?

Also, the issue of possible adding others to the Limit One is a reasonable worry. For the moment I think it would be wise to just add Spiritomb, because certain other Gen. 4's have actual counters, while Spiritomb is nearly impossible to OHKO with stat boosts and the like.

EDIT: It seems that the idea of changing the time is viewed upon positively, I will add to the rules the NEW time. Thank you to all who voted.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; May 2, 2010 at 04:01:05 PM.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:06:12 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Let me see... That's 5PM my time. So that's fine! The rules are fine, as far as I can see. Now I just need to get around THAT restriction and I'm fine...
Yeah this is perfect for me aswell, was hoping i wouldn't have to be up at a silly hour.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:17:36 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
I'm not in either. My mom (and, unfortunately) and I have to go to the cottage
Scratch that. I MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME. Depends, my mom doesn't know yet.
Old May 3, 2010, 02:38:44 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Scratch that. I MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME. Depends, my mom doesn't know yet.
How about you just tell us when the sign-ups begin?
Old May 4, 2010, 06:24:23 AM
Rayquaza

I agree of having both of them in the limited section.
Old May 4, 2010, 08:22:50 AM
Giratina

I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but I don't think I'll be able to participate in this tournament (again). The reason behind this is because my final exams start on May 27, which is twenty three days away, and end on June 10. During this period, I'll be leaving the forums and quitting all forms of video games, since my exams are pretty hard and need a lot of studying
I really wanted to take part in this tournament and show you all what I'm made of, but I guess I can't :/

Last edited by Shadow; May 4, 2010 at 09:01:41 AM.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:00:07 AM
Zoroark

Not cool dude, i have exams soon but just means no practice time. Just have it as your break. x
Old May 4, 2010, 10:49:33 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but I don't think I'll be able to participate in this tournament (again). The reason behind this is because my final exams start on May 27, which is twenty three days away, and end on June 10. During this period, I'll be leaving the forums and quitting all forms of video games, since my exams are pretty hard and need a lot of studying
I really wanted to take part in this tournament and show you all what I'm made of, but I guess I can't :/
I was actually expecting something like this to happen. I'm sorry you can't participate, but I knew in the back of my head it would be hard for people to join due to exams. I am trying to get in as much studying as possible now so that I can afford a rest day on the day of the tourney. In fact, I am also trying to make my tourney team before work starts piling on.

Once again, sorry you can't participate. :'O
Old May 4, 2010, 12:25:27 PM
Giratina

Spirit will participate but not Shadow? :O
Old May 4, 2010, 12:36:08 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
Spirit will participate but not Shadow? :O
That's what it's looking like.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:50:36 AM
Kyurem

Apologies for the double post, but I feel the bump was necessary.

Sadly, Spirit has told me that he will not be able to participate. Ergo, making the tourney a few hours earlier would be useless.

THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD 12 NOON PACIFIC TIME, JUST AS ALL OF THE OTHER PAST TOURNEYS.

That is all.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:55:32 AM
Giratina

Grr... I wont be able to join this one because I will be at my Dad's.

I wont be able to join a tourney until July
Old May 6, 2010, 11:00:08 AM
Giratina

Sorry for asking you all to make the tournament take place earlier uselessly. I didn't remember that I had exams on the day of the tournament until later on :/

EDIT: Hey Quadcentruo, I won't be able to participate in a tournament until August...

Last edited by Shadow; May 6, 2010 at 11:00:57 AM.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:04:11 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Sorry for asking you all to make the tournament take place earlier uselessly. I didn't remember that I had exams on the day of the tournament until later on :/

EDIT: Hey Quadcentruo, I won't be able to participate in a tournament until August...
It is quite all right. If anything, it showed how flexible people here are willing to be. Also, it is a pity that you two will have to wait a long time for future tourneys. :(
Old May 6, 2010, 12:55:21 PM
Giratina

12 Pacific! I can join!

*trains early*

Last edited by SK; May 6, 2010 at 12:55:45 PM.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:15:27 AM
Kyurem

Update: All of the Rotom Forms have been added to the "Limit One" category.
Old May 9, 2010, 01:24:23 PM
Keldeo

Oh! I should probably post these here.

In order to fix the bug that doesn't allow rotom forms online put these codes into your action replay.

Platinum code
921F6CFA 00002870
121F6CFA 000028FF
D2000000 00000000
921F6D7C 000001DF
121F6D7C 000001EE
D2000000 00000000
921F6D48 0000217B
121F6D48 0000217C
D2000000 00000000

HG/SS

92200766 00002870
12200766 000028FF
D2000000 00000000
922007E8 000001DF
122007E8 000001EE
D2000000 00000000
922007B4 0000217B
122007B4 0000217C
D2000000 00000000

I don't think it works for pearl or diamond though. These are the ONLY codes you may use. The rotoms cannot be hacked.
Old May 9, 2010, 02:28:32 PM
Regigigas

There's no option in the poll for it, but I think all of rotom's special forms should be banned and regular rotom should be free use.
Old May 9, 2010, 02:31:57 PM
Keldeo

The poll was in a separate thread.

Normal rotom is allowed without any limits regardless but the results were heavily weighted towards rotom forms being limited.
Old May 9, 2010, 03:58:16 PM
Kyurem

Thanks Sunny!! Those codes are extremely useful. I will copy and paste them to the main rules post at once.
Old May 13, 2010, 06:28:16 PM
Charizard

Can I legally hack? Like say, using a Pokemon made by ******* that can be obtained normally?
Old May 13, 2010, 06:36:05 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy 2 View Post
Can I legally hack? Like say, using a Pokemon made by ******* that can be obtained normally?
No. Any use of ******* is banned. Regardless, are you entering the tourney?

Last edited by Alakazamaster; May 13, 2010 at 06:36:59 PM.
Old May 13, 2010, 07:58:09 PM
Pikachu

Okay, so I've never done one of these tourneys before, but I want to enter. Can someone please explain how they are done? Are they via wi-fi and how do you find your opponent and set up the battle? Also, do your pokemon have to be on level 100? And are there any moves, aside from the stat changing ones, that are not allowed or only limited to one?

Last edited by kaorusquee; May 13, 2010 at 08:03:25 PM. Reason: Added another question
Old May 14, 2010, 12:31:34 AM
Zoroark

Pretty simple, we are matched up with an opponent by Alaka, he will tell us who we are playing. You add them, they add you. Battle and both report the result. Regarding the rules read the first page. You won't win without a level 100 Pokemon.
Old May 14, 2010, 09:41:27 AM
Keldeo

Wowowow wait!
Theres a setting on wifi that auto sets your pokemon to level 100. So no you don't need level 100 pokes. The setting will make all your pokemon level 100 automatically. =w=
Old May 14, 2010, 09:55:51 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Wowowow wait!
Theres a setting on wifi that auto sets your pokemon to level 100. So no you don't need level 100 pokes. The setting will make all your pokemon level 100 automatically. =w=
Really?? Yay, then I will be able to enter. Thanks!
Old May 14, 2010, 10:12:45 AM
Keldeo

No problem~!
Old May 14, 2010, 10:33:59 AM
Kyurem

Thank you Falco and Sunny for clarifying things while I was gone.

Also kaorusquee, be sure to read the main rules thoroughly to see what is banned and limited. It is very important that you do not break any rules accidentally.
Old May 14, 2010, 03:26:32 PM
Charizard

Quote:
No. Any use of ******* is banned. Regardless, are you entering the tourney?
In that case, no
Old May 14, 2010, 03:29:28 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy 2 View Post
In that case, no
I dislike you now.