Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 18, 2010, 07:09:24 PM
Kyurem

Default July Tournament Discussion: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

How goes it everyone? 7 months ago this site had its first Brawl tournament, and now the Wii fighter game is rearing its head back for Round 2!! I am Alakazamaster, and I am co-hosting this tournament with the dashing Ayunnuya, and we intend on making this tournament a roaring success! I joined this site thanks to the glorious tourney held back in December, and as such I will do justice to this very tournament. The tournament shall take place on July 31st at 12 Noon Pacific Time. Now, enough babbling and rambling, what say you to the idea of laying down the basic rules?

Type of Battles: One vs. one. Not a lot to say here.

Items off. No items are to be allowed whatsoever. This rule is incredibly important, as not abiding by this rule will result in an automatic disqualification.

Number of Battles: Best two out of three. To avoid possible flukes, three [3] battles will be played. Whomever win two [2] of the three [3] will be declared victor.

Time and Stock: Three [3] stock, and eight [8] minutes. This ensures that there will not be any foolish stalling. If time runs out, however, then whomever had fewer lives and more damage dealt will be declared loser.

No Hacks or Glitches: This should be clear. Hack and you are out.

No Stalling: Jumping and running away without dealing damage is prohibited. Naturally there are characters such as Olimar whom excel at camping, but there is a fine line between that and stalling. Planking/Scrooging is also banned.

Suicide Rules: All suicide techniques are allowed and valid.

Is Switching Characters Allowed: YES.

Stages:
Stages Allowed    
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium (Melee), Brinstar (Melee), Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes (Melee), Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise (Melee).

Super Nice Bonus Rule: If people taunt after a kill, do not kill them! Let them taunt once and THEN press on the fight!

Welp, those are the rules. More likely than not, some of you may have a few questions. Go ahead and ask them, as that is the reason that this thread was invented! I hope that you did not find anything TOO outrageous or scandalous, and that any conflicts are meager at best.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; July 27, 2010 at 09:03:43 PM.
Old June 19, 2010, 12:27:16 AM
Shaymin

Back to the topic:
Ohlookatourneytardtourney. :V
1) I think any stage should be allowed.
2) Suicide rules. No. No way. That's completely unfair. Either everybody can use suicide moves or none of them can use them. I get what you mean with the sword move and the jump move, but instead, rephrase it somehow, because that's unfair and biased. Which moves do you mean that they(Kirby and Dedede) can use exactly?

Last edited by Luxray13579; June 19, 2010 at 08:18:40 AM. Reason: You don't want me to delete Kazam 's post too do you? Fixed.
Old June 19, 2010, 01:08:40 AM
Shaymin

We can't even have the brawl ball? It's called super smash bros. brawl, so I think we should at least have that.
Old June 19, 2010, 01:45:10 AM
Volcarona

I can't wait.
Old June 19, 2010, 02:15:26 AM
Giratina

No items?

Not interested. Kthnx.
Old June 19, 2010, 07:56:15 AM
Administrator

Turn on items and any stage kthxbai
Old June 19, 2010, 09:18:57 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Back to the topic:
Ohlookatourneytardtourney. :V
1) I think any stage should be allowed.
2) Suicide rules. No. No way. That's completely unfair. Either everybody can use suicide moves or none of them can use them. I get what you mean with the sword move and the jump move, but instead, rephrase it somehow, because that's unfair and biased. Which moves do you mean that they(Kirby and Dedede) can use exactly?
1) If enough people back you up with this statement, I would be more than happy to allow all of the stages. Some are banned simply because certain characters have drastic disadvantages there (Ivysaur uses tether recovery and on Summit the edge can not be grabbed), or have a luck element which can cause a victory caused by sheer chance (becoming invincible on Wario Ware to win, or randomly being electrocuted by the surges of energy on Spear Pillar.)

2) There is a reason certain characters are banned from using suicide moves and some are not. Bowser and Ganondorf have moves that are literally IMPOSSIBLE to escape from, a they will always win while performing them because they are on top when the two characters fall off the stage. King Dedede and Kirby's suicide moves involve sucking up the foe and jumping off of the edge. First of all, this move is far harder to perform correctly, as when a foe is sucked up they, can move their control stick back and forth and escape with relative ease. However, if the suicide move is completed and both players have 1 life left, then the two will enter Sudden Death Mode.

Basically, Ganondorf and Bowser have moves that are impossible to stop and essentially provide free wins, as opposed to Dedede and Kirby's which are harder to perform, easier to escape from, and don't even ensure a victory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
We can't even have the brawl ball? It's called super smash bros. brawl, so I think we should at least have that.
Do you mean the Smash Ball? Yeah, that could end up being just a tad unfair when used by characters like Sonic, which are pretty much guaranteed to get a kill with it.
Old June 19, 2010, 10:01:33 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
HEY GUYS IM NOT JOINING, PAY ATTENTION TO ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
DEMANDING THINGS WITHOUT GIVING ANY REASON WHY kthxbai

Perhaps you should provide some reasoning as to why they should do what you're asking instead of making snide comments and demands. JADs the only one that provided some reasoning along with his suggestions. Please if you want the rules changed provide reasoning. :V Kaz really had his heart set on making a traditional "tourneytard" tourney wear there is no item hax too hinder anyones ability so everyone may have an equal chance.

Last edited by Sunny; June 19, 2010 at 10:03:12 AM.
Old June 19, 2010, 03:51:17 PM
Kyurem

if me and my cusion join this can we both use the same game to brawl in the tournament? like if i was to brawl someone and used his game and won, and if he also had a brawl with someone after that, can we use the same game to brawl with as long as we use different names when we pick our characters?
Cause i dont have a wii and this game, but my cusion always brings his game over to my house to play it.
Old June 19, 2010, 05:18:28 PM
Haxorus

Woot, can't wait for the tournament, though the rules suck (specifically turning off items), but I'll do it. Oh and Sunny your Sesame pic is creepy.....
Old June 19, 2010, 05:43:30 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
if me and my cusion join this can we both use the same game to brawl in the tournament? like if i was to brawl someone and used his game and won, and if he also had a brawl with someone after that, can we use the same game to brawl with as long as we use different names when we pick our characters?
Cause i dont have a wii and this game, but my cusion always brings his game over to my house to play it.
Well your cousin would have to make an account on the site to take part, but I don't mind how you were playing, as long as you could. If he made an account, he could take part.
Old June 19, 2010, 07:38:58 PM
Kyurem

oh ok ala i'll make sure he makes a account on here so he can take part.
Old June 20, 2010, 05:14:15 AM
Regigigas

I'm probably gonna join this, but can you allow the stage Corneria? It's one of my favourites, and I don't think anyone gets an unfair advantage.
Old June 20, 2010, 07:35:47 AM
Charizard

Just a statement because I'm finding inconsistencies.

The below two numbers are on the account that both characters are on their final lives.

1) Ganoncides count as Ganondorf's victory if it says he is first-place in the final result, if both characters are equally placed in the final result screen, Ganoncide results in a loss.

2) Same goes for Bowsercides.

Continuing on the topic of cides, tournaments allow these cides because you truly have to be blind to not see the tactic coming.

Even moreso, Bowser and Ganondorf require grabs, very close proximity. Dedede has a different sucking mechanic than kirby in the brawl coding, and also uses SUCKING. Which has MORE range than the two in discussion.

(However, on the above notes and the fact that you can't see final result screens, it should be all cides allowed, or no cides allowed, personally, I go with the no cides allowed.)

3) Time limit should be five minutes, but because I doubt everyone here has the same code that I do to remove recording limits in Brawl, it should have NO time limit. Time limits are installed in tournaments to prevent overtime. It should not be installed in online non-pro matches unless all recipients(spellfail) can commit to coding.

Last edited by KrayzeeGuy; June 20, 2010 at 07:43:49 AM.
Old June 23, 2010, 01:41:11 PM
Volcarona

I will join the tournament.Will we able to change the rules? I was thinking there could be a few more stages as long it doesn't have luck or have any hazards in it.Otherwise I am fine with the rules.
Old June 23, 2010, 03:31:29 PM
Floatzel

I support this tournament completely, and I will participate in it.

When will it be held?
Old June 23, 2010, 05:08:56 PM
Regigigas

I think we ought to include all stages unless there is one in particular someone objects to. I also think that we should include Smash Balls and Pokeballs on LOW, because smash balls are a main part of the game and pokeballs because WE'RE A POKEMON WEBSITE.
Old June 24, 2010, 05:44:33 PM
Regigigas

I might join, providing you kick my ass and I don't make it past the first round.
Old June 26, 2010, 06:21:49 PM
Regigigas

First off, I'd like to say thanks to Kaz for getting this started for me. We discussed these prior to making these threads and tried to reduce every bit of hax possible (however, thanks to Brawl's TERRIBLE wifi, lag will be near inevitable.) So, I'm here to check a few questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby-Chan View Post
Will we able to change the rules? I was thinking there could be a few more stages as long it doesn't have luck or have any hazards in it.
As mentioned before, we're trying to avoid being haxxed over by random stage deaths and easy item kills.

If anyone has any extra stages in mind, Kaz and I would like to hear them and explain why we excluded them from the touney. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
I'm probably gonna join this, but can you allow the stage Corneria? It's one of my favourites, and I don't think anyone gets an unfair advantage.
Corneria is a really campy stage. Although camping is technically allowed, it's a bit cheap and detrimental to showing true skill. Also, Arwings like to fly in and blast people, occasionally resulting in stage deaths, which we really don't want.

Oh yeah, and comments from item lovers to "tourney tards" like me, I don't hate items. I brawl with them to have a good time. But this is a more serious tourney. So go ahead. Hate on the no items clause. Won't change my mind. But don't worry. We'll probably have another items tourney in the near future...

Anymore comments, questions, or suggestions?
Old June 26, 2010, 07:32:22 PM
Kyurem

What happens if my opponet taunts but im attacking before the taunt is even used is that ok about that taunt rule? Like say if i attacked kirby my opponet hit the taunt button my attack is still doing the attack and kirby does the taunt right before being hit. how will that work.
Old June 26, 2010, 08:24:02 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
What happens if my opponet taunts but im attacking before the taunt is even used is that ok about that taunt rule? Like say if i attacked kirby my opponet hit the taunt button my attack is still doing the attack and kirby does the taunt right before being hit. how will that work.
I think I get what your asking. If your killed by someone, give 'em a sec to taunt. If they continue fighting, then you may continue as well.

Field Example:
Mario smashes Bowser off of the stage, resulting in Bowser losing one life. Mario may then taunt once. If Mario taunts, Bowser may not sneak in a free hit. Fighting resumes after the taunt is complete and the taunter resumes basic brawling action.

BUT, if Mario KO's Bowser and makes no attempt to taunt after he respawns, basic brawl ensues.

So in short, if you want to taunt after a KO, do it quickly so you can continue the fight.

Hope it helps!!!
Old June 27, 2010, 06:40:26 AM
Volcarona

I'm in. Nice to see that switching characters is allowed.

Quote:
Super Nice Bonus Rule: If people taunt after a kill, do not kill them! Let them taunt once and THEN press on the fight!
This would sum up my reaction to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWizDna1XO4

That's all.
Old June 27, 2010, 12:50:41 PM
Servine

I think the rules now are perfect
Old June 27, 2010, 02:24:32 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsaberslash View Post
I'm in. Nice to see that switching characters is allowed.

This would sum up my reaction to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWizDna1XO4

That's all.
Thank you. Sunny suggested I put that rule in, since he and I often play by said rule when we Brawl.
Old June 28, 2010, 02:36:19 AM
Charizard

I don't really care whether items are on or not.

The official "high level tournament" play guide allows suicide kills from all characters. If Bowser's Over B ends the match, then Bowser is considered to win regardless of whether it goes to sudden death or not. It's not like the suicide kills are that broken, as characters that use such things are generally considered "bad" anyway. Of course, I don't plan on using Bowser in a tournament.

Also, due to personal bias, I don't like Jungle Japes or Pirate Ship being unbanned. I personally find both stages to be unfair and rather luck based. Of course, if people want to keep them, that's fine. (You hear that people? Use those stages as counterpicks against me. xD)

Last edited by Amir; June 28, 2010 at 02:37:25 AM.
Old June 28, 2010, 09:50:24 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
I don't really care whether items are on or not.

The official "high level tournament" play guide allows suicide kills from all characters. If Bowser's Over B ends the match, then Bowser is considered to win regardless of whether it goes to sudden death or not. It's not like the suicide kills are that broken, as characters that use such things are generally considered "bad" anyway. Of course, I don't plan on using Bowser in a tournament.

Also, due to personal bias, I don't like Jungle Japes or Pirate Ship being unbanned. I personally find both stages to be unfair and rather luck based. Of course, if people want to keep them, that's fine. (You hear that people? Use those stages as counterpicks against me. xD)
Yes, I found it to be a bit unfair to allow certain Counter-Pick stages, so as such I have added all counter-pick stages to the list. Thank you for commenting on this.

I have also allowed the use of all suicide moves, since both you and Krayzee have brought this up.
Old June 28, 2010, 10:13:38 AM
Regigigas

Stages that seem okay:
Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Shadow Moses Island, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Onett (Melee), Corneria (Melee)
Old June 28, 2010, 11:08:36 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
Stages that seem okay:
Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Shadow Moses Island, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Onett (Melee), Corneria (Melee)
Bridge of Eldin is banned due to the excessive camping game that can easily be played there, as well as the walk-off edges. Distant Planet also has the walk off edge, as well as the Bulborb and the rain. The checkpoints in Green Hill Zone make camping much easier, and, like the other two, there are walk-off edges. Luigi's Mansion has some very fine reasons for banning, but the main one is the fact that the pillars block projectiles. Mario Circuit has more walk-off edges and karts, while Shadow Moses Island's walls allow for easy infinites. Yoshi's Island is banned because the blocks ruin many KO's, and the center area makes certain recoveries impossible to perform. Corneria allows for camping in the area to the left, and the stage favors characters with vertical KO's. Finally, Onett's size is quite small, and the walls allow for infinites.

Hope this cleared things up.
Old June 29, 2010, 02:40:13 PM
Banned

hey you erased my posts??? well im gonna brawl with u guys
Old June 29, 2010, 03:55:56 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Stages that seem okay:
Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Shadow Moses Island, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Onett (Melee), Corneria (Melee)
Distant Planet has walkoffs and the Bulborb, too many stage kills.
Green Hill Zone has walkoffs.
Luigi's Mansion can turn into Final Destination if you Brawl hard enough.
Mario Circuit has walkoffs as well, and can result in too many stage kills due to the karts.
Shadow Moses Island relies too much on the breakaway walls IMO. It also has the rare occurrence of getting a Metal Gear to bust in and kill you.
Melee stages have too many stage kills as well.
Quote:
Bridge of Eldin
FEEBAS NO
Literally every single character can glitch out Bridge of Eldin due to the broken bridge. Examples include (but are not limited to):
  • Giga-lypuff
  • Unable to spawn Smash Balls due to characters keeping them indefinitely
  • Characters using their Final Smash endlessly (ROB, for example)
Old June 30, 2010, 07:59:57 AM
Kyurem

I will not join because I don't have WiFi at house.
Old June 30, 2010, 09:02:14 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotblast64 View Post
I will not join because I don't have WiFi at house.
Thanks for telling me ahead of time. This was really necessary for me to know.
Old June 30, 2010, 12:04:07 PM
Volcarona

I would of joined if there's a Smash ball and low items >:C
Old June 30, 2010, 12:52:34 PM
Banned

then dont join items are cheap... no real brawler uses them... and smash balls are too un-fair at times for instance:
you are on a small stage
you are bowser your opponet is ike one final smash from ike means you lost
Old June 30, 2010, 04:13:41 PM
Volcarona

Hmmm, what would I say that would be too simple, if no Smash ball, I would've say Enable 1 item, nuff said, Leafy
Old June 30, 2010, 08:41:26 PM
Banned

items=luck
luck=not learning
not learning=sucking
Old June 30, 2010, 11:27:51 PM
Kyurem

This tourney is meant to be a more official one, with rules banning items and certain stages and so forth. There will probably be a tourney in the future that allows items, so please stop complaining about items being banned.
Old July 1, 2010, 02:44:52 PM
Volcarona

I'll probably join. It all depends on when the tournament will be held. If I'm with my dad when we do it, I won't be able to use Wi-Fi.
Old July 1, 2010, 05:01:19 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbragg View Post
I'll probably join. It all depends on when the tournament will be held. If I'm with my dad when we do it, I won't be able to use Wi-Fi.
More than likely on the last saturday in July.
Old July 1, 2010, 06:23:43 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayunnuya View Post
More than likely on the last saturday in July.
Good! I'm with my dad every other weekend due to a recent divorce between my parents. That weekend is one I'm with my mom, so I can use Wi-Fi at my house. Now I need to remember if I've posted my FC on my profile.

EDIT: Profile now updated with Brawl FC.

EDIT 2: After checking a calendar, turns out the 31st is a dad weekend. Oops.

Last edited by isbragg; July 2, 2010 at 09:03:13 AM.
Old July 2, 2010, 06:54:37 AM
Volcarona

I might be able to join. July is my crunch month, though. If I can or can't join I'll tell ya. When's it gonna be?
Old July 2, 2010, 07:08:42 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
I might be able to join. July is my crunch month, though. If I can or can't join I'll tell ya. When's it gonna be?
The plan is for it to be around 12 PST, Saturday, July 31.
Old July 2, 2010, 05:00:21 PM
Joltik

I think I should be able to participate, as long as it's on the 31st. The only thing is that I'm not completely sure if I'll have Wi-Fi, but I most likely will.
Old July 8, 2010, 06:42:14 PM
Haxorus

The last brawl tournament sucked though

What if there's a tie between all of them? (Also, I'm joining but I might have to forfeit, my brawl disk isn't very trustful)
Old July 8, 2010, 06:52:17 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buizel456 View Post
The last brawl tournament sucked though

What if there's a tie between all of them? (Also, I'm joining but I might have to forfeit, my brawl disk isn't very trustful)
A tie? I don't understand. It will be 1 on 1 matches, and the best of 3 moves on.
Old July 8, 2010, 07:14:38 PM
Keldeo

Best of 3? Hell yea~! I was gonna suggest that but ya got too it already~! :3

AND BUI YOUR TOURNEMENT WAS JUST FINE~ !:>
Old July 14, 2010, 10:08:02 AM
Haxorus

i'm in! i love a challenge! 8D
Old July 14, 2010, 10:25:55 AM
Regigigas

I'm joining, but WHEN IS IT?
Old July 14, 2010, 10:59:52 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
I'm joining, but WHEN IS IT?
The tournament will be July 31 at 12 PST.
Old July 14, 2010, 11:08:04 AM
Kyurem

Nice to know that you are joining, but I must remind you all that this is NOT the sign-up thread. The tourney will take place on the 31st of July, at 12 PM Pacific Time. This information has also been added to the main post.
Old July 17, 2010, 12:36:18 PM
Kyurem

I think Castle Siege should be banned. Not only does it sometimes have walk-off edges, but when you're going in-between areas, you could walk to one side and then find out that you've gone too far, and you die off the edge.
Old July 17, 2010, 01:38:16 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I think Castle Siege should be banned. Not only does it sometimes have walk-off edges, but when you're going in-between areas, you could walk to one side and then find out that you've gone too far, and you die off the edge.
Castle Siege is considered a legal counter-pick stage, and as such is not banned nor will it be banned.
Old July 18, 2010, 07:29:54 PM
Haxorus

so how do we sign up?
Old July 18, 2010, 07:49:19 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreon7 View Post
so how do we sign up?
By replying to this thread: http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=4285

Last edited by Alakazamaster; July 18, 2010 at 07:49:53 PM.
Old July 20, 2010, 12:55:46 PM
Volcarona

Ok, I regret not saying this earlier, but i've never been in a tourney before. ;( Can someone please explain it me?
Old July 20, 2010, 04:11:15 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
Ok, I regret not saying this earlier, but i've never been in a tourney before. ;( Can someone please explain it me?
Sure. Basically, you head on to the site the day of the tourney and there will be a check-in thread where all combatants must reply to, saying that they are present and available. Next, head on over to the chatbox since that will be the main area for anything tourney-related. Try to download the Chat Program, since there is a tab on the program specifically for tourneys. Next, check the brackets to see who you are up against. The brackets will be posted when sign-ups close. You must then contact the person you are up against, either through the chatbox, private messaging, or visitor messaging. Once you have each others' Friend Codes, you can battle. Whomever comes out victorious should post on the thread where wins and losses are to be posted. This way, I can keep track of who won and who is out. If you make it to the next round, fight the next person in the brackets and so forth until you either win or lose.

And that's it!
Old July 21, 2010, 01:12:46 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post

AND BUI YOUR TOURNEMENT WAS JUST FINE~ !:>
No it wasn't >:V Also, my new brawl disc isn't working D:<
Old July 22, 2010, 06:51:05 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Try to download the Chat Program
About that... It doesn't work on XP Service Pack 3, the only version of Windows that I have. D:
Old July 22, 2010, 07:03:12 PM
Regigigas

It's generally difficult to tell whether a person is "stalling" or not.
Old July 22, 2010, 08:29:52 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
It's generally difficult to tell whether a person is "stalling" or not.
Running away to get a better position to use projectiles or a long range attack = camping

Running away constantly like a pansy trying to avoid all contact with the opponent = stalling

Its ok to try and time out the clock, but you have to be doing something like camping with a projectile.

Also I think the ledgegrab limit rule should be added....FOR METAKNIGHT ONLY!

The ledgegrab rule states that the player cannot grab the ledge 40 times. This rule was inforced due to metaknights perfect planking abilitys. He can't camp on the ledge with his shutter loop attack and be perfectly safe. he litteraly has no frames wear he can be hit while hes doing that. Either that or just inforce metaknight not being able to shutter loop camp on the ledge.
Old July 23, 2010, 05:43:58 AM
Landorus

Heh. I don't really care If we can't use some characters or stages or items. Makes my job easier.
However, Items are fun and so are some of the stages mentioned, but whatever. It's fine with me.

and LEAF? Shut it. No one wants to listen to you.

Last edited by Idno58; July 23, 2010 at 05:51:57 AM.
Old July 24, 2010, 08:41:19 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Running away to get a better position to use projectiles or a long range attack = camping

Running away constantly like a pansy trying to avoid all contact with the opponent = stalling

Its ok to try and time out the clock, but you have to be doing something like camping with a projectile.
PK FIRE. Enough said.
Old July 24, 2010, 09:43:11 AM
Keldeo

PK fire isn't very campy, but you can try. ;3;
Old July 24, 2010, 11:07:14 AM
Landorus

Now PK thunder is Campy.
Old July 26, 2010, 04:30:29 PM
Joltik

Quote:
No Stalling: Jumping and running away without dealing damage is prohibited. Naturally there are characters such as Olimar whom excel at camping, but there is a fine line between that and stalling.
Add Planking/Scrooging. I was gonna failplank in this tourney when I read that.
Old July 26, 2010, 08:35:08 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
PK fire isn't very campy, but you can try. ;3;
Quote:
In battle with multiple fighters, waiting until the enemies have taken more damage.
I won't be here anyways, I thought I'd help though. I played a certain person and it got really annoying to hear PEEKAY FIER repeadtedly. It's like saying camping with a nuke is a tactic, and it's not.
Old July 26, 2010, 09:42:16 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
I won't be here anyways, I thought I'd help though. I played a certain person and it got really annoying to hear PEEKAY FIER repeadtedly. It's like saying camping with a nuke is a tactic, and it's not.
PK FIRE is useless when spammed. xD All ya gotta do is shield it. I mean its incredibly predictable when ness starts shouting PK FIYAH. Sure it can lead to a grab if it actually hits, but it won't ever against anyone that knows how to shield or roll properly. =w= Ness can't camp because his long ranged moves are easily shielded or leave him helpless. A good example of a campy character is falco or pikachu. Especially falco. :V

Just saying if your fighting a spammy player just walk up to em, shield there projectile then punish them....unless its falco. :C Everyone can be punished for spamming with by shielding and slowly advancing or punishing depending on how far away they are!....except that jerk falco. :V

Last edited by Sunny; July 26, 2010 at 10:05:23 PM.