Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 7, 2011, 02:50:03 PM
Haxorus

Post Aura is With Me - Original Composition by Seiji Konokama

Aura is With Me, a song composed by yours truly, Seiji J. Konokama. On a synthesizer, cross modulation and white noise were used to create the Aura Sphere sound, as heard in the opening of the song.

The song was inspired in part by:
- The original motion picture soundtrack of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
- "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" by Journey
- Exodus From The Underground Fortress from the anime film, Akira

Download link: http://db.tt/vuVw7ldY
Be sure to right-click the link and choose "Save Link As..." instead of left-clicking, and let me know what you guys think. :3

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; November 21, 2011 at 09:21:51 PM. Reason: Adding some notes
Old November 7, 2011, 06:39:14 PM
Volcarona

Ohh this is a different style OC than what I've been hearing from others recently so it's rather lovely to hear. I must say that I like the short staccato synth you use as your lead in this and the backing string as well of course. The only nit pick I can find is that the bass could use a bit more low end or perhaps be lowered a bit to get a nice bass sound perhaps. Otherwise I like what you have here! I don't know if this is your first OC posted or not, I'm kind of slow about that kind of thing, but it's really good, hope to hear more! :3
Old November 21, 2011, 09:24:37 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
Ohh this is a different style OC than what I've been hearing from others recently so it's rather lovely to hear. I must say that I like the short staccato synth you use as your lead in this and the backing string as well of course. The only nit pick I can find is that the bass could use a bit more low end or perhaps be lowered a bit to get a nice bass sound perhaps. Otherwise I like what you have here! I don't know if this is your first OC posted or not, I'm kind of slow about that kind of thing, but it's really good, hope to hear more! :3
Thank you for the feedback. :3

Indeed, this is the first OC I've ever posted here on Victory Road, and as you can hear, I'm definitely a sucker for synths and drum machines from the 1980's. XD

When using my FM synthesizer as a synth bass in future projects, I'll definitely keep that in mind about dropping the pitch and/or volume. I think I should also try to make the drums a little louder without overpowering the other instruments, just as a note to myself. :3