Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 26, 2013, 09:17:24 PM
Zoroark

Default Why does Genwunning exist?

Hey everybody! Most of you probably don't remember me, but I'm writing a research paper on Pokémon, and I'm hoping some of you would like to participate. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the trend known as "genwunning." I'm looking for people on both sides of the debate, or neutral parties, to give me testimonies or examples of genwunning.

So, for example, if you're a genwunner, I'd like to know why. What draws you to the first generation over the others? What about the newer games has alienated you? Where do you draw the line between Pokémon games you like and Pokémon games you don't—is that "line" blurry, or is it very distinct? How do you feel about the newer designs of the monsters, characters, or regions in contrast to the older ones? Do you notice much of a difference? Furthermore, do you think you're a genwunner simply because you "are," or is there a discernible reason that you're able to relay for disliking the newer games?

If you're not a genwunner, what do you think about the phenomenon? Do you think it has legitimate backing and simply don't associate yourself with it, or do you think it's just a load of nonsense? What potential reasons do you see for and against it?

You don't need to answer all or even any of these questions, this is just to get you thinking. If anybody just has some words to share about why you do or don't think genwunning has any valid reasoning behind it, or your personal experiences or beliefs surrounding the phenomenon would be very much appreciated.

So answers to these questions, or other thoughts that haven't been prompted are all welcome! I'm trying to get as much information from every perspective as I can, so for the sake of all that is PokéScholarly, please talk away!

Last edited by pokemoneinstein; June 16, 2013 at 09:47:45 AM.