Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 2, 2013, 07:54:39 AM
Regigigas

Default Bad Eggs Spotted

Bad eggs are starting to pop up; no one knows exactly how. About a minute into this video, a guy showcases his bad eggs, and they seem to spread and infect Pokemon in that box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bad eggs.png
Views:	716
Size:	821.8 KB
ID:	5766  
Old November 2, 2013, 08:48:36 AM
Kyurem

Oddly enough, it's not labelled as "Bad Egg". Has the term changed for them?
Old November 2, 2013, 09:40:31 AM
Charizard

Some people are calling them mystery eggs. Personally I'm part of the crowd that wants to see more proof of these existing, because their appearance (in the video citing them) came out one day after release.

I dunno, there are just some things that don't fully add up. Might be just a wanna-be hacker's attempt gone wrong now is being turned into creepypasta.
Old November 2, 2013, 10:12:22 AM
Kyurem

I think if the term for actual Bad Eggs is "Bad Egg" in the fifth generation games, I'll have to file this down as "dubious".
Old November 2, 2013, 10:23:44 AM
Regigigas

We could also call them Mystery Eggs, yeah. I suppose I'm used to that term from emerald.
Old November 2, 2013, 10:28:45 AM
Kyurem

Apparently this is less of a hack and more of a game-breaking bug.

Corrupted network packets?

Last edited by Twiggy; November 2, 2013 at 10:28:57 AM.
Old November 2, 2013, 11:05:28 AM
Administrator

I've heard something about this before, including both Pokémon completely disappearing and Pokémon turning into Bad Eggs. According to Bulbapedia, they likely are Wonder Trade errors and are dangerous to the entire PC box.

With this knowledge, I hope Bad Eggs don't become widespread once the Pokémon Bank releases.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 2, 2013 at 11:05:55 AM.
Old November 2, 2013, 11:16:52 AM
Kyurem

If a trade goes wrong at the wrong moment, data corruption ensues. This is probably what happened.

Somehow, I think a Patch 1.2 is incoming.

Last edited by Twiggy; November 2, 2013 at 11:17:21 AM.
Old November 2, 2013, 11:57:01 AM
Linoone

Is it just me, or Is X and Y almost as glitchy as Red and Green?
Old November 2, 2013, 12:31:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfbane5001 View Post
Is it just me, or Is X and Y almost as glitchy as Red and Green?
Game-breaking glitch that can force starting over: check.
Corrupted Pokémon due to failed trades: check.
Old November 2, 2013, 12:53:19 PM
Charizard

Now I'm kinda anxious about Wonder Trading. I was hoping to eventually have a wonderful plethora of foreign Pokemon to breed shines with. Then again, doesn't seem all too common.

I was always fascinated about how game developers made these things to "solve" an internal problem. Try to access a non-existent Pokemon for some odd reason? Missingno.!
Walk/Surf/Cycle/Verb out of boundaries? Mystery Zone~
I find it interesting, just these little things not meant to be seen.

Last edited by Pokemanmdj; November 2, 2013 at 12:54:52 PM.
Old November 2, 2013, 02:44:07 PM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Game-breaking glitch that can force starting over: check.
Corrupted Pokémon due to failed trades: check.
I'm going to go fishing on some random place to find a Missingno. now.
With so many memes and references hidden in the games I'm surprised they didn't mention something like that. Not even a hidden boss that has it similar to Red on Mount Silver? If Nintendo did that, they would receive every internets, all of dem.....
Old November 2, 2013, 06:06:13 PM
Haxorus

Maybe its the best for me that I dont get X or Y (since I dont have either or a 3DS yet) once most of the bugs and glitches have been patched and fixed. Its funny though that a lot of this stuff hasnt happened in the past few games. Guessing its because its running with new types of features that the game cant handle or read? Im no tech guru but thats my guess anyways.
Old November 2, 2013, 06:25:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pichu62 View Post
Maybe its the best for me that I dont get X or Y (since I dont have either or a 3DS yet) once most of the bugs and glitches have been patched and fixed. Its funny though that a lot of this stuff hasnt happened in the past few games. Guessing its because its running with new types of features that the game cant handle or read? Im no tech guru but thats my guess anyways.
I wouldn't let the bugs keep you from getting the game. They already patched Lumiose City- and the Mystery Egg glitch seems to be an anomaly; meaning that guy in the video is the only one I've seen who's experiencing this problem. If this egg glitch was more widespread, we would have tons of people complaining and posting warnings on sites like Youtube.

So far it's only that one guy who's experiencing the problem- and he could even be lying for all we know. People have found ways to hack the game, which is how we were able to see all of the event Pokémon.
Old November 2, 2013, 11:38:58 PM
Kyurem

I have had a bad egg thing happen to me once and only once on my firered one time. I had a lv68 hitmonlee, then somehow after awhile he turned into a badegg even though he was in my party and eveything.
Old November 2, 2013, 11:57:54 PM
Administrator

Oh, that reminds me that I've gotten the Bag Egg before in LeafGreen. (In the last picture, I had renamed the box to "BAD EGG.")
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	133_8747.JPG
Views:	632
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	5768   Click image for larger version

Name:	133_8750.JPG
Views:	647
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	5769   Click image for larger version

Name:	133_8754.JPG
Views:	641
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	5770   Click image for larger version

Name:	133_8756.JPG
Views:	651
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	5771  
Old November 3, 2013, 12:26:42 AM
Kyurem

If someone somehow gets a Bad Egg in a game, is it possible for said Egg to be removed by Nintendo support (provided that it's the physical copy and can be delivered)?
Old November 3, 2013, 12:34:35 AM
Administrator

Probably, but Bad Eggs really should have a working Release button. I don't get why you can't release an egg.
Old November 3, 2013, 05:19:35 AM
Linoone

Quote:
Probably, but Bad Eggs really should have a working Release button. I don't get why you can't release an egg.
Considering that would be 'abandoning an unborn child', we should be able to give an egg to the day-care man if we have one in our party.
Old November 4, 2013, 04:41:33 AM
Kyurem

Seeing as this is one of these very rare, but possible game-breaking bugs that seem to lie in how Internet connections aren't perfect, I think there might be a patch in the future that prevents and attempts to repair this bug.

Think it's likely?
Old November 4, 2013, 08:56:58 AM
Administrator

I'm not entirely sure. It seems the Bad Eggs are a rather isolated case, and there isn't really any proof of how the bad eggs were "delivered" to his game. For all we know, it could be a failed hacking attempt.
Old November 4, 2013, 09:21:54 AM
Kyurem

I guess we should be glad that this is a freak accident - it doesn't seem like that it's affecting too many players.
Old November 5, 2013, 11:19:50 AM
Regigigas

I'm pretty sure every Bad Egg is spotted.
Oh, wait.

Jokes aside, I hope there's some sort of fix for this soon. I'm quite sure Nintendo doesn't want another Lumiose City incident on their hands.
Old November 6, 2013, 07:18:13 PM
Regigigas

Lol, this is the worst Bad Egg ever. Double negative.
Old November 7, 2013, 05:43:28 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
I'm pretty sure every Bad Egg is spotted.
Oh, wait.
^

Am I the only one with a semi-rational fear that someone with a Bad Egg is going to start trolling Wonder Trade with them sooner or later?

Anyway, this feels like something Nintendo will patch eventually since it can affect everyone, not only the people who try to hack the game and whatnot.
Old February 5, 2014, 03:10:19 PM
Servine

Ive never had a bad egg. D:
Old February 6, 2014, 08:22:52 PM
Charizard

So I've been wonder trading a bunch of Pokemon that are taking up box space like a bunch of Gabites I got when I searched for a hidden ability (which I never found) and then I traded a bunch of Mienfoos I got when searching for a Modest natured one back in White Version. So should I stop wonder trading or do you guys think this is just a fluke? I have over 600 Pokemon on my X and I don't want any corruptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Am I the only one with a semi-rational fear that someone with a Bad Egg is going to start trolling Wonder Trade with them sooner or later?
I feel the same way. I really hope he doesn't trade any of those mentioned in the video.

Last edited by BluFire1337; February 6, 2014 at 08:27:33 PM.
Old February 6, 2014, 10:40:34 PM
Administrator

Certain illegal Pokémon have made it through in the past, such as Gen II and V starters with Hidden Abilities (Contrary Snivy, for instance). However, they have since patched this hole. Snivy with Contrary can still be bred for more such Snivy, but neither the parents nor children are allowed on Rated Battles or in tournaments. There is a chance that Pokémon like these could turn into Bad Eggs, but the latest Bank rules have pretty much blocked most illegal Pokémon.

Here are several relevant definitions:

Kalos Pokémon: A Pokémon bearing the blue pentagon on its status.

Legal and legitimate: A Pokémon obtained fairly within the game.

Legal, but illegitimate: A Pokémon created with a third party tool that does meet the specifications of that Pokémon that can be obtained within the game.

Illegal: A Pokémon created with a third party tool that does not meet the specifications of that Pokémon that can be obtained within the game.

Hacked: An illegitimate Pokémon, which can be either legal or illegal.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 6, 2014 at 10:41:00 PM.
Old February 7, 2014, 11:33:11 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Certain illegal Pokémon have made it through in the past, such as Gen II and V starters with Hidden Abilities (Contrary Snivy, for instance). However, they have since patched this hole. Snivy with Contrary can still be bred for more such Snivy, but neither the parents nor children are allowed on Rated Battles or in tournaments. There is a chance that Pokémon like these could turn into Bad Eggs, but the latest Bank rules have pretty much blocked most illegal Pokémon.

Here are several relevant definitions:

Kalos Pokémon: A Pokémon bearing the blue pentagon on its status.

Legal and legitimate: A Pokémon obtained fairly within the game.

Legal, but illegitimate: A Pokémon created with a third party tool that does meet the specifications of that Pokémon that can be obtained within the game.

Illegal: A Pokémon created with a third party tool that does not meet the specifications of that Pokémon that can be obtained within the game.

Hacked: An illegitimate Pokémon, which can be either legal or illegal.
Is a pokemon considerd hacked like say if i use the AR to re-spawn say a legendary (Like darkrai, shaymin, Dialga, Giratina or Reshiram, Zekrom, ect.) but catch it normally without changing any of stats? (Like you normally would)
Old February 8, 2014, 12:53:33 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Is a pokemon considerd hacked like say if i use the AR to re-spawn say a legendary (Like darkrai, shaymin, Dialga, Giratina or Reshiram, Zekrom, ect.) but catch it normally without changing any of stats? (Like you normally would)
Technically speaking, there'd be nothing wrong with such a Pokémon, however the jig would probably be up if anyone notices two legendary Pokémon with the exact same ID and Trainer name.
Old February 8, 2014, 01:18:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Technically speaking, there'd be nothing wrong with such a Pokémon, however the jig would probably be up if anyone notices two legendary Pokémon with the exact same ID and Trainer name.
Correct, it's the same case I make with cloned Pokémon. If you cloned a Pokémon and sent out the clones on Wonder Trade, the "hack factor" is very low compared to, say, if you battled someone with a team of six identical Pokémon. The other major gray area comprises modifier codes, particularly shininess and IVs. (Encountering Palkia on Route 201 is obviously a hack, though.)
Old February 8, 2014, 10:40:26 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Correct, it's the same case I make with cloned Pokémon. If you cloned a Pokémon and sent out the clones on Wonder Trade, the "hack factor" is very low compared to, say, if you battled someone with a team of six identical Pokémon. The other major gray area comprises modifier codes, particularly shininess and IVs. (Encountering Palkia on Route 201 is obviously a hack, though.)
So basically there are few AR codes that are ok to use then? Cause sometimes i use a re-battle code to re-catch a legendary so i can reset it for better IVs. (Or in my case to RNG for better IVs) But i make sure that its original location is well the original location, cause yeah i dont want a palika caught at route 201, but i want it at the spear piller. Also what about the nature modifer code? That ok too?

Last edited by kakashidragon; February 8, 2014 at 10:42:20 PM.