Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

 
 
  #1  
Old July 9, 2011, 11:07:29 AM
randoguy101's Avatar
randoguy101 randoguy101 is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 690
Default why can I not have an avatar

is there something offending about a ball of fur proclaiming his confusion
  #2  
Old July 9, 2011, 11:30:13 AM
RK-9 RK-9 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: tacoville
Posts: 500
Default

This is happening to me too.

I can't have a Galvantula and Arcanine scuttling around everywhere.
  #3  
Old July 9, 2011, 11:36:15 AM
PokeRemixStudio's Avatar
PokeRemixStudio PokeRemixStudio is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,222
Default

Last night Cat implemented some new moderation features. We've upgraded the infraction system so that having at least 2 unexpired infractions puts you on purgatory, which takes away some of your privileges (such as avatar and signatures) and requires any new posts by you to be approved by a moderator (I approved this thread, in fact). You stop being in purgatory when enough infractions expire to bring your point total below 2. Also, having 5 unexpired infractions results in being banned until enough infractions expire to bring your count below the threshold. We also made the infractions last way longer until they expire. Because these alterations are extremely new and have no idea how the community will be impacted by it, I imagine that there is some tweaking to be done soon. Your two-point infraction is set to expire a year from now... WTF?
  #4  
Old July 9, 2011, 11:47:40 AM
Dragiiin123's Avatar
Dragiiin123 Dragiiin123 is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 355
Default

is that the same for me
  #5  
Old July 9, 2011, 11:49:14 AM
randoguy101's Avatar
randoguy101 randoguy101 is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
Last night Cat implemented some new moderation features. We've upgraded the infraction system so that having at least 2 unexpired infractions puts you on purgatory, which takes away some of your privileges (such as avatar and signatures) and requires any new posts by you to be approved by a moderator (I approved this thread, in fact). You stop being in purgatory when enough infractions expire to bring your point total below 2. Also, having 5 unexpired infractions results in being banned until enough infractions expire to bring your count below the threshold. We also made the infractions last way longer until they expire. Because these alterations are extremely new and have no idea how the community will be impacted by it, I imagine that there is some tweaking to be done soon. Your two-point infraction is set to expire a year from now... WTF?
oh okay
infractions actually having a point now
that's cool
  #6  
Old July 9, 2011, 12:05:34 PM
Aquablast's Avatar
Aquablast Aquablast is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Internet
Posts: 2,074
Default

I am suprise that I still have an avatar after all my infractions/warnings and also I have no points because all of mine are expired, I guess I am just lucky.
  #7  
Old July 9, 2011, 12:06:42 PM
randoguy101's Avatar
randoguy101 randoguy101 is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 690
Default

so why do RK and NismoZ have year long infractions
what the hell did they do
  #8  
Old July 9, 2011, 02:12:48 PM
Jaredvcxz Jaredvcxz is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,233
Default

I just want to say... it would have been a good idea to tell us about it right after (or before) you implement it to avoid threads like this.
  #9  
Old July 9, 2011, 04:32:53 PM
Aquablast's Avatar
Aquablast Aquablast is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Internet
Posts: 2,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
so why do RK and NismoZ have year long infractions
what the hell did they do
I don't know but most of mine is 0 pointer, it just matter on what you did.
  #10  
Old July 9, 2011, 04:44:49 PM
FreezeWarp's Avatar
FreezeWarp FreezeWarp is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
so why do RK and NismoZ have year long infractions
what the hell did they do
Needless to say, the focus isn't on keeping the good members.
  #11  
Old July 9, 2011, 05:16:31 PM
Jaredvcxz Jaredvcxz is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
so why do RK and NismoZ have year long infractions
what the hell did they do
I checked their infraction reports, and the infractions I gave them are only one month. In fact, out of the people in purgatory who posted in this thread (plus nismoz), you're the only person with a year-long infraction.
  #12  
Old July 9, 2011, 05:47:25 PM
randoguy101's Avatar
randoguy101 randoguy101 is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 690
Default

final question:
what the hell did pie do? was he also trolling without us? I don't remember him even posting on VR since we left

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 9, 2011 at 10:47:18 PM.
  #13  
Old July 10, 2011, 04:12:05 AM
Jaredvcxz Jaredvcxz is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,233
Default

All the issuer wrote was trolling on july 9th. Piexing would probably know more.
  #14  
Old July 10, 2011, 04:20:48 AM
NismoZ's Avatar
NismoZ NismoZ is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
so why do RK and NismoZ have year long infractions
what the hell did they do
Actually mine was a 3-point infraction that expires in August for something I did like a few months ago, but it seems that they're being anti-ranbro again and just deciding to make all of them purgatory

Hell, I'll probably get a year-long infraction too when this one expires
  #15  
Old July 10, 2011, 01:18:08 PM
piexing's Avatar
piexing piexing is offline
Volcarona
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 653
Default

Making infractions do something would make sense if it didn't mean they would be given out with ambiguous reasoning in order to punish people unfairly. I don't really understand what good it does since I wouldn't have cared if I hadn't seen that it was done to a few other people as well.
  #16  
Old July 11, 2011, 10:21:52 AM
Aquablast's Avatar
Aquablast Aquablast is offline
Kyurem
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Internet
Posts: 2,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Actually mine was a 3-point infraction that expires in August for something I did like a few months ago, but it seems that they're being anti-ranbro again and just deciding to make all of them purgatory

Hell, I'll probably get a year-long infraction too when this one expires
I really don't believe they are do anti ranbro because some of you guys still have the avatar and some don't. Fly Guy also don't have an avatar so it ain't just you guys. I suggest to closed this thread before it become bad.
 
Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Victory Road ©2006 - 2018, Scott Cat333Pokémon Cheney
Theme by A'bom and Cat333Pokémon