Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 21, 2012, 01:33:00 PM
Administrator

Default Spoiler thread

Got any spoilers? Post 'em here so folks don't clog up other areas and ruin surprises!
Old June 21, 2012, 01:35:23 PM
Haxorus

Iris is the champion.

That is all I have to say.
Old June 21, 2012, 01:36:24 PM
Giratina

Spoilers? Don't know many, but K'
Gym leader order is Cheren -> Homika -> Burgh -> Elesa -> Clay -> Skyla -> Drayden -> Shizui.
And Homika plays the left handed bass. <3 her.
Old June 21, 2012, 05:12:40 PM
Rayquaza

Cool

Big Spoiler    
Wait For it    
This might be hard to take    
Are you Ready?    
Snape kills Dumbledoor

Whew Now that I've got that off my back.

I have to admit I'm really happy that for the first time since Emerald we have a champion with a focus on a certain type. I'm really looking forward to taking down her Hydreigon.
Old June 21, 2012, 06:09:35 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimazone View Post
Iris is the champion.

That is all I have to say.
And now that someone else FINALLY posted here, I can put this:

Hmm... a new installment game where the old 8th gym leader becomes the champion, and an entirely new face that is a water type gym leader takes their place? Hmmm, now where have I seen that before?
HOENN
I want my remakes. :I
Old June 21, 2012, 06:11:06 PM
Giratina

AND THE CHAMPION FOCUSES ON A TYPE?! Wow, maybe this is a cheap remake of Hoenn next thing you know, team aqua and magma are back O_o
Old June 21, 2012, 06:27:36 PM
Regigigas

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.
Old June 21, 2012, 06:30:37 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashArmy View Post

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.
I'm more surprised Mag didn't do it first. He's been posting that all day. XD I hope they change it to the English name when it's translated. They've never really changed sounds or songs, but... they should.
Old June 21, 2012, 06:35:20 PM
Rayquaza

Because that video is not a spoiler, if you're gonna consider it a spoiler then we're better off closing all the threads here in this sub forum!

Has anyone seen the video of the intro yet?
It seems to show a new character who might be the head of Team Plasma.
Archoma's disguise?
Old June 21, 2012, 06:40:52 PM
Giratina

I've seen it. Man, those animations are smooth as butter.
And that can't be Achroma, they have a different hair color and it wouldn't fit that strange blue strand.
I'm gonna be singing D-o-g-a-r-s for a week now. It's a good thing I don't interact with people, that'd annoy them.
Old June 21, 2012, 06:47:36 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Because that video is not a spoiler, if you're gonna consider it a spoiler then we're better off closing all the threads here in this sub forum!

Has anyone seen the video of the intro yet?
It seems to show a new character who might be the head of Team Plasma.
Archoma's disguise?
That's what I said D:
Old June 21, 2012, 06:53:42 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
That's what I said D:
Maybe some people see that the sight of Homika's gym and her special music in it are spoilers to them. It certainly was new to me, so I sort of consider it one.
Even though she's poison, and I hate poison being a grass fanatic, I think she's my new favorite gym leader.
Old June 22, 2012, 08:43:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Maybe some people see that the sight of Homika's gym and her special music in it are spoilers to them. It certainly was new to me, so I sort of consider it one.
Even though she's poison, and I hate poison being a grass fanatic, I think she's my new favorite gym leader.
I agree, Homika is going to be one of my favorite gym leaders. I think the Gym Leader music in BW2 is better than the one in BW.
I like that they kept all the Elite 4 members and allowed them to be rematched at a much higher level. I believe the highest level pokemon that can be fought in the league rematch is a level 83 pokemon, so I really like that they bumped up the difficulty.
Old June 22, 2012, 09:49:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I agree, Homika is going to be one of my favorite gym leaders. I think the Gym Leader music in BW2 is better than the one in BW.
I like that they kept all the Elite 4 members and allowed them to be rematched at a much higher level. I believe the highest level pokemon that can be fought in the league rematch is a level 83 pokemon, so I really like that they bumped up the difficulty.
Hopefully through the challenge mode key or something you can rebattle any of the gym leaders. (And for EXP, I don't want to just "have a good experience" :I) I would like to see how her and Shizui's teams would be updated, a full party of 6 maybe at levels 60-70. That'd be niiiiice.
Old June 23, 2012, 03:41:27 PM
Haxorus

I don't know if I should call this a spoiler or not, but anyways...

I believe Pokemon breeders will infinitely rematch you, to assist in training your pokemon and obtaining money.

And another thing I noticed that shocked me: Look at the Pirate hat prop in the musical in BW1, it's neo team plasma's hat in BW2.
Old June 23, 2012, 04:49:14 PM
Volcarona

I believe that the second I get to Sangi Ranch, I will be hunting for a Riolu. I saw someone fight Cheren with one, and then found out it's rare in Sangi Ranch. Instant addition to my Black 2 team right there.
Old June 23, 2012, 05:40:09 PM
Giratina

Don't know their locations, but by the end of the game, my predicted team will be Serperior, Arcanine, Vaporeon, Lucario, Drifblim, and Black Kyurem.
Old June 23, 2012, 05:58:08 PM
Zoroark

Knowing that you can get Latios/Latias and the Regis, and that you can battle all the Hoenn gym leaders in Black and White 2, that means we might not get RSE remakes oh well.
Old June 23, 2012, 07:12:49 PM
Haxorus

Team plasma has a floating ship that defies gravity. A floating PIRATE ship that is used to freeze Unova.
Old June 23, 2012, 09:52:48 PM
Giratina

This probably doesn't count as a spoiler, but apparently EVERY SINGLE gym has its own theme. With Cheren, being the Normal leader, having the regular gym song.
Homika/Roxie, as we all now, has her band, Dogars performing what I call their theme song.
Burgh has a very chilled and relaxed piano remix.
Elesa has this fashion show thing going on, with the occasional voice saying "Are you ready?" and "Gimme what I neeeeed!" To me, her's is the most spectacular. Not my favorite, but very over the top.
Clay's sounds deep down, like in a jungle or something.
Skyla's is just a soft remix of the original, but with an OCARINA<3
Drayden's is like a final frontier, ultimate challenge song. Which is funny, because he's only the 7th leader this time.
Shizui's is like a peaceful Hawaiian Island vacation-y song.
Old June 24, 2012, 12:59:30 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
Knowing that you can get Latios/Latias and the Regis, and that you can battle all the Hoenn gym leaders in Black and White 2, that means we might not get RSE remakes oh well.
I find it quite the contrary, to be honest. This game has too many references to RSE that the very thing it came to my mind was the remakes. From what I have heard/read, the way you obtain your region map is identical to the way used in RSE. There are also the aqua and magma cave and the fact that neither Groudon nor Kyogre are found within the game.

In terms of the Regis, if you play alone, you can only get two, as you need the other version to obtain the third and by extension, Regigigas.

The way you should look at it is the fact that Hoenn has numerous fans; as much as the original fans of G/S. Remakes of RSE will be profitable, but in my opinion, they might make it for 3DS. So far, many of the 3DS games were remakes of old ones, so I wouldn't be surprised for the first main Pokémon game on 3DS to be a Hoenn remake.
Old June 24, 2012, 03:38:58 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I find it quite the contrary, to be honest. This game has too many references to RSE that the very thing it came to my mind was the remakes. From what I have heard/read, the way you obtain your region map is identical to the way used in RSE. There are also the aqua and magma cave and the fact that neither Groudon nor Kyogre are found within the game.

In terms of the Regis, if you play alone, you can only get two, as you need the other version to obtain the third and by extension, Regigigas.

The way you should look at it is the fact that Hoenn has numerous fans; as much as the original fans of G/S. Remakes of RSE will be profitable, but in my opinion, they might make it for 3DS. So far, many of the 3DS games were remakes of old ones, so I wouldn't be surprised for the first main Pokémon game on 3DS to be a Hoenn remake.
Oh good point there. I really would want the remakes to be on the 3DS too.
Old June 24, 2012, 05:02:32 AM
Volcarona

Looks like there are actual rewards for completing both Pokedex. Completing the Unova Pokedex gives the Round Charm (increases chance of eggs), completing the National Dex gives the Shiny Charm (increases chance of a shiny).
Old June 24, 2012, 07:35:17 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsaberslash View Post
Looks like there are actual rewards for completing both Pokedex. Completing the Unova Pokedex gives the Round Charm (increases chance of eggs), completing the National Dex gives the Shiny Charm (increases chance of a shiny).
I have to say that the reward for completing the national dex is quite satisfying.
Old June 24, 2012, 03:45:15 PM
Zoroark

Looks like you gotta catch 'em all the get something rewarding
Old June 24, 2012, 04:49:25 PM
Giratina

Some stuff I found out while playing-
The medal giving guy goes to every Pokémon center and hands each one out to you after stating what it is.
All trainers have animations, the important ones like your rival and the gym leaders having flashy ones, while classes like the Youngster get simple ones.
The name rater moved from the exit street to Route 4 of Castelia City to the Gym Street of Castelia.
Items in the bags can be auto-arranged in more than 1 way. Don't know exactly how it is, though.
There's an extra spot in the bag, the Convenience Pouch. You can put any item in there that you want from all sections of the bag, for items that you use the most.
And now, since some areas are blocked off, I have to revise my Pre-E4 team. It's Serperior, Vaporeon, Arcanine(If I can get both stones), Ampharos, Lucario, and Sigilyph/Crobat. Haven't decided on that last one.

Last edited by TurtwigX; June 24, 2012 at 04:53:18 PM.
Old June 24, 2012, 05:06:03 PM
Haxorus

I am not 100% sure this is real...but I heard a rumor about Homika's "band theme". Instead of "D-o-g-a-r-s" (japanese Koffing name), It's going to be replaced with "P-o-i-s-o-n". So don't get mad at me if this isn't real! >A<;;;
Old June 24, 2012, 05:11:14 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pichu62 View Post
I am not 100% sure this is real...but I heard a rumor about Homika's "band theme". Instead of "D-o-g-a-r-s" (japanese Koffing name), It's going to be replaced with "P-o-i-s-o-n". So don't get mad at me if this isn't real! >A<;;;
I'd actually like to have it say Poison rather than Koffing. Koffing is 1 letter too many so they'd have to rush some part or something.

Repels also chain now, meaning that as soon as one of them runs out, it'll instantly ask you if you would like to use another.
Old June 24, 2012, 05:25:49 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Repels also chain now, meaning that as soon as one of them runs out, it'll instantly ask you if you would like to use another.
Thank goodness! I hate going back and forth using repels...
Old June 24, 2012, 06:03:32 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I have to say that the reward for completing the national dex is quite satisfying.
Yes but then you'll have to capture every pokemon in shiny form.
Old June 24, 2012, 08:13:29 PM
Giratina

The bike is obtained in Castelia City, and Castelia Cones can be (apparently) bought everyday and by the single or by the dozen.
And the Secret Garden is located through sewer access, just in case you wanted to know. That's where you find the Eevee.
The movesets for a lot of Pokémon have changed in this game. Riolu learns Force Palm at 15 instead of 11, for example (This makes it harder to beat Cheren. More grinding, yay)
Breeders can apparently be battled infinitely. The same one caught me in an eye-catch 3 times.

Last edited by TurtwigX; June 24, 2012 at 08:18:18 PM.
Old June 26, 2012, 10:30:38 AM
Landorus

When you meet Kyremu in it's form exclusive to it's version for the first time, you will be unable to capture it.
Old June 26, 2012, 11:48:16 AM
Giratina

Someone finally posted ;D Info drop time
An update in the map shows a dashed line connecting Driftveil to Castelia. That's a very large cave leading from the Cold Storage/World Tournament to Castelia Sewers. It also seems to lead to the Relic Castle, near where you find Volcarona, but I'm not exploring all of that.
Driftveil was updated. With luxury. Being a trade center for Unova really upped everything. Every house has an elevator and expensive looking furniture.
You get HM02 Fly by going to Route 5 from Bianca. She also tells you about spots between trees, known as hollows, which include Pokémon with Dream World abilities.
Charles the Heartbreaker forces you to do a Triple/Rotation battle before allowing you to cross Driftveil Drawbridge.
In the Pokémon menu, if a Pokémon is holding an item, you can transfer that to another Pokémon instantly without taking and giving.
There's a surprising lack of Rival Battles... I haven't had one for EXP since before my first badge.
Cheren gives you Surf on Route 6 after leading you in to the Weather Institute.
All Gym Leaders and Champions get remixed music for the World Tournament.
Achroma has the sexiest battle music ever. ...That's not really a spoiler, but listen to it, it's dead sexy.
Old June 28, 2012, 01:15:55 PM
Giratina

*What was seen and interpreted from Mistralton City to the Champion Battle*
This is a lot of info, let me spoiler it as to not take up space.
Mistralton City -> End Game    
For some odd reason, you meet Juniper for the first time, and the first thing she does is give you a Master Ball. At least you don't have to wait.
The Tower of Heaven is still there, but Skyla will be ready in her gym when you first enter the city. I'd still go there, though. Pre-gym training and Juniper's waiting with a Lucky Egg.
The move-house has changed location to the World Tournament. Move Deleter, Relearner, and Starter Guy are found in booths.
For easy organization, you can select which kinds of items you want to see when you open the Convenience Pouch.
Twist Mountain and Tubeline Bridge are blocked off, so it seems that the postgame areas are Icirrus City and the routes it's inbetween, Black City/White Forest and the Route with the Relocater, and anything before Skyarrow Bridge. Route 10 has also been taken off the map.
The Kami Trio can't be caught in the game, and the house where you get the storms to activate instead shows you what they are, so you can put them in the Pokédex.
You get to fly in a Cargo Plane to a town west of Undella, and that's where Rebirth Mountain is found.
It looks like they replaced the rich people's house with the underwater bridge that was seen before. It links Undella Town and Seigaiha City.
It's your THIRD Rival Battle in the game! (For EXP, not counting the mandatory World Tournament Battle)
The Three Musketeers no longer have homes, so they'll quite randomly encounter you as you walk through Unova. Completely optional. Virizion Wireless is stationed East of Opelucid, Cobalion is Southeast of Lacunosa, can't miss it, and Terrakion is on Route 22.
Route 10 seems to be blocked off by construction work or something. Other than that, no serious map changes.
When you beat Drayden, New Team Plasma uses their FLYING WARSHIP to freeze over Opelucid City. They're serious. To advance, you have to beat the Team Plasma members there AND a Shadow Triad guy.
Route 21 brings back the WONDERFUL water Route of death. Thankfully it's small.
Your Rival will be in Seigaiha and tell you to fight Shizui or something. His gym is a serious relaxing vacation with some sweet elevator music.
Go to Route 22 and find Terrakion. You don't have to battle it, but Achroma will encounter you give you his Achroma Machine. It moves Crustle, which you need to get to the Plasma Warship again. They just walk away for him, but you're not cool enough, so it fights you.
You have to go to the back of the ship and do a warp panel "puzzle" (It's a puzzle if you want it to be) so you can get a glimpse at how they're freezing Unova. They've imprisoned Kyruem and are abusing his ice powers. After you fight more goons and some important guy in a double battle with the Rival, they fly to Giant Chasm and kick you off.
Giant Chasm is accessible, for the first time,through Route 22. The ease of access Strength Boulder is still near Lacunosa, though.
You, once again, go to the Plasma Warship, and go to the front, where an ACTUAL puzzle awaits. After you clear that, you get to fight ACHROMA~! (Sexy battle music) He likes Steel types. When that's done, you go to a room where you find Ghetsis, but he leaves you to fight the Shadow Triad. Your Rival's there, but he's dumbstruck that the Purrloin that was a gift to his sister was used and evolved by Team Plasma.
From there...you go in to the cave where Kyurem is... and Ghetsis has gone completely insane. He orders Kyurem to impale you with Ice Spears. You're about to die, too, when N swoops in with his dragon and destroys the ice spears. But that's short lived, because Ghetsis makes Kyurem turn N's dragon back into a stone and then he absorbs it, becoming Black Kyurem or White Kyurem. Then you have to fight it, but Ghetsis uses a machine or something that stops all your balls from working. KILL IT and separate the 2 dragons. After that, Ghetsis himself challenges you, and his music and new clothing show just how insane he's gotten. He uses some type of cane now.
When that's done, your friends, the old Team Plasma people, thank you, and you can go on to Route 23, which leads in to Victory Road.
Victory Road. Is completely different. And very, very large. Badge gates are just on 1 bridge, there's a PC before you enter, as usual, and it starts out with what looks like a destroyed castle. It also involves an outdoor area and, huge surprise, a cave. It ends in one of the rooms of the old Victory Road, and you fight your Rival for TM24 Thunderbolt. The old Victory Road seems to have destructified, along with Route 10.
The Elite Four members haven't changed at all, but their rooms and teams have.
The champion, as stated in the first post of this thread, is the girl who knows the hearts of dragons, Iris. She means business.

And that's Black 2 as interpreted by me. The ending is magical.
Old August 2, 2012, 04:12:34 PM
Regigigas

You gotta admit, this is pretty damn good    
Old August 22, 2012, 12:51:41 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashArmy View Post
You gotta admit, this is pretty damn good    
Holy Moly! this game is gonna be awesome!
Old September 20, 2012, 02:53:55 PM
Servine

Quote:

Doesn't matter if it will be profitable. If all they cared about was profit then they would have made us our Pokemon MMO by now.

3rd Gen remakes probably won't come out until at the earliest Gen 6. Why Gen 6? Because that will be the first Gen on the 3DS, Making more people trade in their normal DS to get a discount on the 3DS, making it much harder to get Pokemon from the 3rd Generation games due to no one having a DS Lite anymore so Transfering Pokemon From 3rd to 4th gen would be near impossible at that point.

The reason why there were even remakes of the 1st and 2nd generation games was because when 3rd gen came out, they had completely revamped how they did Pokemon and we just no longer had access to our old Pokemon.

Remakes only exist to give us access to things we lost access to.
Old October 10, 2012, 08:33:28 AM
Rayquaza

With the release of the games, members are free to post whatever they want to discuss in separate threads. No need for this thread any more.