Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 20, 2012, 11:44:31 AM
Administrator

Default Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 General Discussion

Got a comment you want to make about BW2 without making a new thread for it? This thread is for you.

From what I've heard, Victory Road is going to be a long journey this time around. I hope I won't need to use those Ethers I've had stocked up. There really needs to be a way to buy them or get them renewably.
Old October 20, 2012, 11:47:59 AM

Victory Road was long in BW2 if you decided to explore the whole thing. This place had the most kinds of terrain of any kind of Victory Road compared to past generations including: lakes, caves, forests, and mountains. Otherwise, if you just kept straight on the path, it might take you half an hour at most to get through it.

Last edited by Reuniclus; October 20, 2012 at 11:48:21 AM.
Old October 20, 2012, 11:48:52 AM
Celebi

Actually, this Victory Road was the easiest in all the Pokemon games actually.

But that's probably because I went the right way first time completely by fluke.
Old October 20, 2012, 12:22:12 PM

Here's a quick way to make money. You know how you can buy Casteliacones in Castelia City for 100 Pokedollars each? If you happen to sell them to the lady in the RV on Route 5, you will get 2000 Pokedollars, which is a 1900 Pokedollar profit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (2).JPG
Views:	1507
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	3994
If you buy a dozen Casteliacones and sell them this way, you will end up with a 22,800 Pokedollar profit. [(12*2000) - (12*100)] = 22,800
Old October 20, 2012, 12:27:35 PM
Volcarona

Victory Road isn't that long. There's a Doctor half way and you can always Fly back to the Pokemon Center if you're outside.
Old October 20, 2012, 12:39:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Here's a quick way to make money. You know how you can buy Casteliacones in Castelia City for 100 Pokedollars each? If you happen to sell them to the lady in the RV on Route 5, you will get 2000 Pokedollars, which is a 1900 Pokedollar profit.
Attachment 3994
If you buy a dozen Casteliacones and sell them this way, you will end up with a 22,800 Pokedollar profit. [(12*2000) - (12*100)] = 22,800
The only thing annoying is you have to sell them...one cone...at...a...time. It's a great trick for early game to help you afford bulk items, but given you can only do it once per day, it might not be as useful once your money is getting around a half million, which it might by the time you reach the Pokémon League, where you should have plenty of money to sink on a dozen Revives and two dozen Hyper Potions.
Old October 20, 2012, 12:47:15 PM
Shaymin

Really you thought it was long? I personally thought that Victory Road in BW2 was the easiest Road there has been. It was simple, and there weren't really any paths that were false (Or ones that I saw). But it is possible that I just took an easier path than you... But only ones did I go the wrong way, but that was because I had walked away from the game and forgot which way I came from.
Old October 20, 2012, 12:59:07 PM
Administrator

I found that mess of teleporters on the Plasma ship to be a bit of an annoyance, mostly because I didn't systematically go through them and kept running into the same three buttons...and running into the electric fence.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 20, 2012 at 12:59:14 PM.
Old October 20, 2012, 02:10:49 PM
Shaymin

Have you guys been making use of the Dream World much? I am! I just love it! And I've noticed that even interacting with the Dream World brings more people to Join Avenue. It's actually really cool!
Old October 20, 2012, 02:16:31 PM
Administrator

I used it once. Thanks for reminding me to wake up my Azurill I put to sleep on day one.
Old October 20, 2012, 02:36:43 PM
Shaymin

Yeah, I have been using it about daily. I have a few really cool pokemon from it and I love the abilities. I is also fun just o be on it :3

I think my Crustle is in it right now.
Old October 20, 2012, 03:19:37 PM
Administrator

Let this be advice to anyone who plays very infrequently: you lose your items if you don't play for a while. They are instead converted to dream points.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lose items.png
Views:	719
Size:	588.1 KB
ID:	3998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lose items 2.png
Views:	718
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	3999  
Old October 20, 2012, 08:23:36 PM
Giratina

I think I might try the Dream World again this time around. There's no use restricting myself from it, even though it annoys me a lot. And hey, more Dream World means more medals! Things that I care about more!
While Victory Road does appear to be a very large area, there's a pretty simple straightforward path that can take only 20 minutes or less with Repels and eye-avoiding skills. If you're looking for everything, prepare to LOOK.

Oooh, and character redesigns. I love them so much. Plasma looks less goofy and more dangerous, Bianca looks cuter, Cheren looks more serious, Ghetsis looks evil AND insane, and Elesa... umm... she changed her hair color. I think I like Ghetsis' change the most, I think he just looks way cooler than before.
Old October 20, 2012, 09:31:37 PM
Administrator

I hate Sturdy. It's one of the most annoying abilities when training, as you constantly have to endure a reply hit and deal with healing very often. I blame the Roggenrola line, Skarmory, and Sawk/Throh.

The other abilities I hate are anything that inflicts a status ailment on contact, particularly Static, Flame Body, and Poison Point. So many wasted Parlyz Heals, Burn Heals, and Antidotes...

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 20, 2012 at 09:32:19 PM.
Old October 20, 2012, 09:36:19 PM

I don't usually have a problem with abilities, but I'm usually prone to bad luck when my Pokemon faint from a critical hit. I've been prone to crits for a while now in this game, I find it weird that I'm receiving more crits than dealing them (And my Lucario is holding a Scope Lense >_<)
My Pokemon are also prone to infatuation and confusion hax...especially confusion. It's a good thing I've stocked up a ton of Casteliacones so hax doesn't hinder me too much...but it's still quite annoying.
Old October 21, 2012, 12:29:24 AM
Celebi

The dream world is cool, Leppa berries are better than the super rare Ether, because their renewable in the Dream World. Plus it helps complete the Pokedex.
Old October 21, 2012, 05:50:44 AM
Giratina

I remember back in Platinum, I would always plant and grow large amounts of Leppa Berries for whenever I wanted to take on Champion Cynthia or just for when I didn't want to travel to the Pokécenter. Makes me sad that berries can no longer be grown in the Unova soil. But hey, at least you can buy some berries from people scattered around, there are fun Funfest missions about berries, and even the Dream World lets you get and plant some. ...Eeew, I just gave myself a reason to use the Dream World.
Old October 21, 2012, 07:30:07 AM
Shaymin

So I heard about being able to get a shiny Gible (in Black 2) or a shiny Dratini (in White 2) and I was curious so I did some research. Turns out it's actually very easy (post-game)! And here's how:

Spoiler for videos and stuff    

Turns out you have to go to this place similar to the Battle Mountain in XD (though I don't know where it is to tell you), and beat Alder's (very strong) Grandson.

After you do that, go to the little training gym north of Floccesy Town, have an extra space in your party, then talk to him!

Last edited by Luxray13579; October 21, 2012 at 01:06:52 PM.
Old October 21, 2012, 09:24:37 AM
Rayquaza

Critical hits and confusion are too abundant in these games! I am always on the bad side of luck.
Old October 21, 2012, 10:41:07 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
So I heard about being able to get a shint Gible (in Black 2) or a shiny Dratini (in White 2) and I was curious so I did some research. Turns out it's actually very easy (post-game)! And here's how:

Spoiler for videos and stuff    

Turns out you have to go to this place similar to the Battle Mountain in XD (though I don't know where it is to tell you), and beat Alder's (very strong) Grandson.

After you do that, go to the little training gym north of Floccesy Town, have an extra space in your party, then talk to him!

It is shiny? Awesome

For some reason I really want a Shiny Gabite but get Dratini

Anyway, White Treehollow is easy, just long and slightly boring.
Old October 21, 2012, 12:13:15 PM
Giratina

Technically you can trade keys with someone who has Black 2 so that you can get Black City and claim a Gible. That's what I'm doing, except I have Black 2 myself and am trading with a White Forest key holder. But first I have to get in, and I... don't know how.

The Yancy sidequest is really interesting. I can't really do this without internet help after you meet Yancy on the Ferris Wheel, but I'm liking where this is going. Plus, the sound of these trades makes my head spin with delight~
Old October 21, 2012, 12:14:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
...Makes me sad that berries can no longer be grown in the Unova soil...

...Eeew, I just gave myself a reason to use the Dream World.
Yeah, I think this was intentionally. Rather annoying, though, as you have to connect to it every time you need a few more of certain berries and deal with Adobe Flash for a few minutes. (Fun fact: the applet itself is somewhat usable even on older machines and even tablets. What's not usable are practically all the mini-games, making the island useless, which is the easiest way to find certain Pokémon.) I really do miss the loamy soil and remembering where all the berries are located.

Speaking of the mini-games, some are far too easy that they're boring, notably the Pelipper one, and others require too much luck and concentration, like the Wailord one. I have no trouble meeting the threshold score, but I know some of the rarer abilities (or is it moves? I forget) require very high scores.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 21, 2012 at 12:15:36 PM.
Old October 21, 2012, 02:36:26 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
The Yancy sidequest is really interesting. I can't really do this without internet help after you meet Yancy on the Ferris Wheel, but I'm liking where this is going. Plus, the sound of these trades makes my head spin with delight~
It's long and pretty much requires Fly. But it's so worth it though.
Old October 21, 2012, 02:49:32 PM
Celebi

Her trades are epic, but I've only been to like, 3 of her places after you find the item because I'm so useless. I want a Spiritomb ;-;

Oh well, Dream World it is.
Old October 21, 2012, 05:48:47 PM
Giratina

The Unova Link is a really amazing feature if you've got some good friends with you. Especially the ability to choose between Black City and White Forest (Although Black City has kinda changed, so I don't know the significance beyond the gift-mon.). Although, I think the thing with the difficulty could've been handled better. Unlocking the ability to change it for the postgame only? Most of the things you'd want it for, like gym leaders, would have already been gone by the time you have challenge mode. And easy mode isn't all that necessary after the story's over. And you can't just restart the game afterwards like there's only 1 save file. But oh well. I'll make sure that when I get White 2 I give myself the Challenge Mode key before I start the game.
Old October 21, 2012, 07:18:53 PM
Administrator

I think the most annoying thing about raising Arcanine is the fact it's one of the slowest Pokémon to gain levels by amount of experience. It's like maximum Audino farming.
Old October 22, 2012, 05:08:16 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I think the most annoying thing about raising Arcanine is the fact it's one of the slowest Pokémon to gain levels by amount of experience. It's like maximum Audino farming.
What I find more annoying is how evolving it at an early level will prevent it from learning any moves, other than Extremespeed. I cannot believe that I will be keeping my Growlithe until Lv34. Its stats are low compared to other evolved team mates and foes.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; October 22, 2012 at 07:16:27 AM.
Old October 22, 2012, 12:16:04 PM
Giratina

Wait wait wait. Okay. So I switch Black City out for White Forest so that I can finally experience what it's like. So I'm there ready to catch something and then... WHERE TEH HELL IS ALL THE TALL GRASS? Did they just replace the trainers in Black and the grass in White for the Tower and Treehollow? But I wanted to catch something... Oh well, Dratini time.
Old October 22, 2012, 03:52:43 PM

I just recently used the Memory Link to communicate with my Black Version. Besides unlock special cutscenes, does the Memory Link do anything else?
Old October 22, 2012, 04:07:00 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I just recently used the Memory Link to communicate with my Black Version. Besides unlock special cutscenes, does the Memory Link do anything else?
It gives references to your original Black Version trainer's name, the Musical man gives you your old prop box, Cheren and Bianca will battle you with their teams according to which Black starter you chose, and N's Pokémon can be found in the wild. Other than that, no.
Old October 22, 2012, 04:14:53 PM
Shaymin

I like the Memory Link, it makes me feel so proud and nostalgic with the constant "similar trainer 2 years prior" thing!

I don't have Wi-Fi anymore (because I went back to my mom's house) so I'm having major Dream World withdrawal symptoms. Major. I honestly walked down my neighbourhood to find a suitable Wi-Fi signals, but this is Canada, and open, DSi compatible signals are far and few in between. This makes me a sad person. Anybody wanna put a Pokémon to sleep and give me their username and password for the Dream World?

Last edited by Luxray13579; October 22, 2012 at 04:16:45 PM.
Old October 22, 2012, 09:44:02 PM
Administrator

Twist Mountain is VERY long. Do not go in expecting to leave soon. I've been exploring for over two hours and still need to go back to a few forks. I did hear some familiar music from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but I'll probably post about that in the other thread later. Anyone else run through it yet?
Old October 22, 2012, 11:24:29 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Twist Mountain is VERY long. Do not go in expecting to leave soon. I've been exploring for over two hours and still need to go back to a few forks. I did hear some familiar music from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but I'll probably post about that in the other thread later. Anyone else run through it yet?
Oh great, I need to go there to get the fossils and Stone Edge. Also, I've heard the one of the Regi's is there, looks like Regice.

And I'm joining you on the "I hate Sturdy" club.

Last edited by RotomGuy; October 23, 2012 at 12:51:07 AM.
Old October 23, 2012, 12:10:40 PM
Administrator

Mmm, woodchucks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	707
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	4024  
Old October 23, 2012, 06:01:55 PM
Giratina

I'm really liking Challenge Mode. Now whenever I battle I actually feel threatened. And since I don't really grind, it's harder to win due to how I'm slightly underleveled. Like when I battled Hugh in Undella Town. I think combining the amount of Revives I used, 7 or 8 Pokémon fainted. Most of his team was ~5 levels above me. Beating him was tough, but it got me nice EXP and cash, so I'm keeping this thing on.
Old October 23, 2012, 07:32:13 PM
Rayquaza

Am I the only one who is really annoyed by how nearly every pokemon used in PWT uses ice type moves and have some basis around it?
Old October 23, 2012, 08:04:12 PM
Administrator

I haven't messed with PWT much. Is it fun?
Old October 23, 2012, 08:47:19 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I haven't messed with PWT much. Is it fun?
Yes it is really fun, I especially like the triple battles and having to keep track of six pokemon at one.

Plus I'm only one more round away from unlocking the champion tournament.
Old October 23, 2012, 09:01:49 PM
Giratina

Wow, it looks like after you become Unova Champion that Casteliacone popularity shoots right up again, as the line from Black and White reappears. Thankfully nothing about the day or bulk-buying changed, it's just that now you have to wait 30 seconds to actually purchase one.

I find the Pokémon World Tournament to be really fun, even more than the Battle Subway, which I've barely touched. The left hand side battles aren't all that interesting, but the right hand side is FILLED with awesomeness. Great music, nostalgia for those who want it, and it's a fun challenge that slowly gets you some sweet BP. Plus, even if you lose, you get shards which you can save for Move Tutors.
Old October 23, 2012, 09:04:06 PM
Administrator

I never was too much of a fan of triple battles, especially the adjacency aspect, but otherwise, I think I'll try it out.
Old October 23, 2012, 09:08:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I never was too much of a fan of triple battles, especially the adjacency aspect, but otherwise, I think I'll try it out.
It's not all triple battles. The Pokémon World Tournament, unlike the Battle Subway, supports all 4 types of battling styles, though it still has the Battle Subway restrictions on your Pokémon. (3 for Single, 4 for Doubles, 6 for Triple, 4 for Rotation. Also certain ones are banned.)
Old October 23, 2012, 09:11:45 PM
Administrator

Ooh. I personally still like classic single battles, but maybe I'll try rotation more often. I did see something about banned Pokémon but didn't really look into it.
Old October 24, 2012, 07:18:45 AM
Rayquaza

PWT is one of the best additions to the games. It is much more interesting than the Subway.
Old October 24, 2012, 08:47:50 AM
Rayquaza

Well I finally beat the champion tournament and ta-dah!

An Orange Trainer is the second to last rank before the final one, now all I need to do is collect all the medals.

Also the PokeCenter Nurse just asks me if I want the usual now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Snapshot_20121024.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	4028  

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 24, 2012 at 06:54:33 PM.
Old October 25, 2012, 10:34:30 PM
Rayquaza

I am in the need of a lot of shards, mainly red and blue. I can't link to any other DS, so Entralink is out of question. Is there a specific area that has a lot of those?
Old October 26, 2012, 12:28:04 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I am in the need of a lot of shards, mainly red and blue. I can't link to any other DS, so Entralink is out of question. Is there a specific area that has a lot of those?
If you have a 3DS, Dream Radar can get you a few shards. There's also another area which gets you loads, but I've forgotten where.
Old October 26, 2012, 01:38:04 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
If you have a 3DS, Dream Radar can get you a few shards. There's also another area which gets you loads, but I've forgotten where.
No, I don't. I would like to know this area.
Old October 26, 2012, 02:44:19 AM
Celebi

Quote:
No, I don't. I would like to know this area.
Enter the PWT, retire, free shard. While you can't decide the colour, and it takes a while, it is a surefire way to get shards.
Old October 26, 2012, 02:58:10 AM
Giratina

Quote:
It seems like you've never even been to the Entralink to check what's changed. The missions of Black and White have been thrown out, and now there are new Funfest Missions which can be played solo or with up to 100 people. There's one mission you get after beating the champion that gives you nothing but shards. It's easiest to do that one with Repels and in a cave. If you haven't beaten the champion yet, your best bet is probably dust clouds in Relic Passage or quitting the PWT.
Oh, there's another Funfest Mission pre-Nat Dex that gives you shards as well, but its mixed in with some other rare-ish items.

Last edited by TurtwigX; October 26, 2012 at 03:01:14 AM.
Old October 26, 2012, 07:12:12 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
If you go to PWT when you loose or even quit they give you a shard, I've played it and failed so much I probably have 30 of each shard right now.
Old October 26, 2012, 10:39:01 AM
Celebi

I didn't like Sturdy in previous generations.

I really hated Sturdy in this game.

I hate Sturdy with every atom in my body in White Treehollow.

Seriously, Aggron and Golem, while easy to dispatch normally, Stone Edging your last guy when it should have been an instant knock out? Nooooo.

Last edited by RotomGuy; October 26, 2012 at 10:39:33 AM.
Old October 29, 2012, 07:58:33 PM

Am I the only one who hasn't gotten pokerus or something? It seems like it's fairly easy to get in BW2 for some reason, and I haven't gotten it yet. It's not like I NEED it, I'm just wondering how so many people have gotten it.
Old October 29, 2012, 07:59:43 PM
Administrator

I haven't gotten Pokérus yet, but I do have a few traded 'mons in Pearl I can bring forward who have it.
Old October 29, 2012, 11:31:48 PM
Administrator

Hm, another quick question: what are the best places to train at high levels in post-game? Don't count trainers you can only battle once. I know PWT and the Battle Subway are great for endless battles, but they don't provide experience. Is the Elite Four really the only choice? I've never liked grinding there.

Also, who you gonna call? Ghost Eraser! (First person to understand it without looking it up gets a cookie and has played a good deal of the game.)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 29, 2012 at 11:40:23 PM.
Old October 30, 2012, 12:01:25 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Hm, another quick question: what are the best places to train at high levels in post-game? Don't count trainers you can only battle once. I know PWT and the Battle Subway are great for endless battles, but they don't provide experience. Is the Elite Four really the only choice? I've never liked grinding there.

Also, who you gonna call? Ghost Eraser! (First person to understand it without looking it up gets a cookie and has played a good deal of the game.)
I spend too much time with Axew training in Route 1 and Audino with a big Haxorus helping out.

Ghostbusters?
Old October 30, 2012, 12:20:47 AM
Administrator

With Audino hunting? Or what? Is that really the highest levels in the BW2 world? Too bad the challenge key can't help with this.

Not quite. Be more specific.
Old October 30, 2012, 12:55:13 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
With Audino hunting? Or what? Is that really the highest levels in the BW2 world? Too bad the challenge key can't help with this.
Eheheheh. I find myself underleveled once I got thrown into postgame.

You should already have a Lucky Egg.

In the meantime...

*hugs his Axew-Axew-Axew-Axew-Axew-Axew team*
Old October 30, 2012, 08:34:53 AM
Celebi

Quote:

Nupe, White Treehollow/Black Tower. Not only is a wide range of levels available for choice, but you get loads of cash and rewards as well.

Ghost Erasers is a movie in Pokestar studios based of Ghost Busters ^_^

Last edited by RotomGuy; October 30, 2012 at 08:35:26 AM.
Old November 2, 2012, 09:19:22 AM
Kyurem

I must be the only one managing to hear audio drop-outs while playing the game. In battles, sometimes, when sound effects overlap, instruments in the music get dropped. It sounds weird until the next key hits.

16 channels ain't a lot.

On another topic, I must not be the only one longing for other starters.
Old November 2, 2012, 09:31:41 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I must not be the only one longing for other starters.
Indeed. The other games gave starters but not legendaries. This game gives legendaries but not starters ;-;
Old November 2, 2012, 03:38:59 PM
Magikarp

Exclamation Finally have a problem

Hey guys, im new to this but here goes: recently fought the Elite Four again for the second time, was not prepared for their increase in strength. I barely won, I have my Zoroark to thank. Went traveling on route 18, got the magma stone and talked to crasher wake. Said he was going to driftveil city, couldn't find him. No idea where he is. Battled my rival again and mopped the floor with him. Still searching for crasher wake. Anyone know where he is?
Old November 2, 2012, 03:56:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
Hey guys, im new to this but here goes: recently fought the Elite Four again for the second time, was not prepared for their increase in strength. I barely won, I have my Zoroark to thank. Went traveling on route 18, got the magma stone and talked to crasher wake. Said he was going to driftveil city, couldn't find him. No idea where he is. Battled my rival again and mopped the floor with him. Still searching for crasher wake. Anyone know where he is?
I'm not sure if this answer is correct, since I didn't even go to Route 18 yet to meet Wake , but I think he was implying that he was going to be in the PWT, which is in Driftveil City; and you can find/battle him there.

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 2, 2012 at 03:56:49 PM.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:57:39 AM
Administrator

A quick heads up: the Love and Battles film series at PokéStar Studios is quite...strange.
Old November 7, 2012, 12:19:38 PM
Rayquaza

Am I the only won who thinks it's disgusting hows the Straiton Trio cooks for there restaurant are a bunch of Watchogs wearing nothing?

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 7, 2012 at 12:19:55 PM.
Old November 7, 2012, 01:08:19 PM

I have a quick question that might be obvious to some. I just finished beating Area 6 in Black Tower and I received a key that allows me to move to Areas 7 and up. The problem is, I don't know how to access the key...or how to move onto Area 7, to put it more simply.
Old November 7, 2012, 02:12:45 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I have a quick question that might be obvious to some. I just finished beating Area 6 in Black Tower and I received a key that allows me to move to Areas 7 and up. The problem is, I don't know how to access the key...or how to move onto Area 7, to put it more simply.
Go into Unova Link in the title screen.
Old November 7, 2012, 02:27:30 PM
Giratina

Quote:
For one thing, I have no idea what you're talking about. For two, I think you mean you got the key to Black City. That's a Unova Link feature that you use to send Black City to White 2 players or other Black 2 players that have yet to accomplish that. You can move on to Areas 6+ just by scrolling all the way down the menu.
Old November 7, 2012, 05:54:39 PM
Administrator

Hm, I can find out myself once I get there. I only have access to Areas 1-3, but it's extremely easy for now for how low the levels are.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:09:49 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Hm, I can find out myself once I get there. I only have access to Areas 1-3, but it's extremely easy for now for how low the levels are.
It gets hard. Really hard. However after you learn how to avoid the eyes on each floor layout, youll be fine.
Old November 9, 2012, 08:03:13 PM

I finally figured out why I couldn't get to Areas 7 and up. But now I'm curious about something else. Does anyone have the key for White Forest? I can give my Black City key away if anyone needs it.
Old November 9, 2012, 10:34:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I finally figured out why I couldn't get to Areas 7 and up. But now I'm curious about something else. Does anyone have the key for White Forest? I can give my Black City key away if anyone needs it.
You cannot transfer keys over Wi-Fi via FCs. Though now you have me curious, why couldn't you go to the higher areas?
Old November 10, 2012, 03:46:10 AM
Celebi

Question: I know to get to the Nature Preserve, you only have to see every Pokemon in the Unova Dex. In order to get the Shining Charm, do you only have to see every non-event Pokemon in the National Dex?
Old November 10, 2012, 05:12:19 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Question: I know to get to the Nature Preserve, you only have to see every Pokemon in the Unova Dex. In order to get the Shining Charm, do you only have to see every non-event Pokemon in the National Dex?
Nature Pass- See every non-event Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex.

Oval Charm- Obtain every non-event Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex.

Shining Charm- Obtain all non-events in the National Pokédex.

So basically, yeah. Gotta catch 'em all!
Old November 10, 2012, 11:00:11 AM
Giratina

I've been going through the tedious process of trading over all my Pokémon from White to White 2 for my living Pokédex... I must have 200 Patrats on White now, and I've still got all the Kanto Pokémon to trade over. D:

Also I got to Area 10(?) of White Hollow and can now go pick up my Shiny Dratini. Awwww yeah.
Old November 10, 2012, 11:07:11 AM
Celebi

I have a huge load of Pokemon to send over from SS, Diamond and White. This make take a very long time.

Right now, I'm evolving all the Pokemon I find in the dream world.

Last edited by RotomGuy; November 10, 2012 at 11:07:49 AM.
Old November 10, 2012, 01:06:42 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I've been going through the tedious process of trading over all my Pokémon from White to White 2 for my living Pokédex... I must have 200 Patrats on White now, and I've still got all the Kanto Pokémon to trade over. D:

Also I got to Area 10(?) of White Hollow and can now go pick up my Shiny Dratini. Awwww yeah.

You wasted your time catching all those Patrats, why couldn't you just trade them back and fourth one by one like I did?
Old November 10, 2012, 03:08:05 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I have a huge load of Pokemon to send over from SS, Diamond and White. This make take a very long time.

Right now, I'm evolving all the Pokemon I find in the dream world.
Sending them over from SS/Diamond won't be so bad, since you can do 6 at a time and it doesn't take long. Also you don't need to catch one Pokémon in White 2 for each one you want to transfer. The issue with moving them from White is that you're gonna have to go and catch a junk Pokémon to trade over for every single Pokémon you want to transfer. It's so annoying >_>

Grab some great balls and a false swiper and get catching some Patrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
You wasted your time catching all those Patrats, why couldn't you just trade them back and fourth one by one like I did?
I'm going for a 'living Pokédex', which is where you have one of every Pokémon in your boxes at once. Therefore I need enough junk Pokémon to actually get each one over to White.

Last edited by Ningamer; November 10, 2012 at 03:09:26 PM.
Old November 10, 2012, 03:22:48 PM
Administrator

Ooh, sweet, I've heard of those, but the annoying thing is getting all evolutions. Good luck with breeding, the Lucky Egg and Audino hunting.
Old November 10, 2012, 04:35:59 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Grab some great balls and a false swiper and get catching some Patrats.

I'm going for a 'living Pokédex', which is where you have one of every Pokémon in your boxes at once. Therefore I need enough junk Pokémon to actually get each one over to White.
Sweet, I'm almost doing that myself. Went through hours and hours of catching 5% chance Pokémon and even that 1% chance Dragonite. But I still would like to able to use my PC without clutter, requiring at least 5 boxes for my personal use. I already have an overflowing Legendary box from transferring stuff from 4th Gen. (And I only allow 1 for myself, but even that might have to change.)

Also you don't really need False Swipe. Just keep throwing Quicks. A lot of Quicks. Plus when you start filling it up, your chances for Critical Capture go up as well. It's not rare for me anymore.
Old November 10, 2012, 05:48:31 PM
Charizard

To be honest, I think Nintendo is just running out of ideas.
Old November 10, 2012, 06:01:32 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
To be honest, I think Nintendo is just running out of ideas.
Well for one, *GameFreak. Nintendo just licenses it.

Secondly, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But you have to admit, no Pokémon game before this has had such a complex plot. One that spanned over 2 games just to fool those who thought they knew the pattern. I get how some of the new designs are goofy and ripoffs of Kanto and whatnot, but personally, I think this is one of the greatest Pokémon titles and I've had more fun in this than any other. And I have to agree, I can't possibly imagine what they'd come up with next. I gave up trying to predict.
Old November 11, 2012, 01:18:26 AM
Celebi

I recently became aware of a way to greatly increase the chance of shinies. Breed two Pokemon from completely different regions. The chances of getting a shiny is nearly quadrupled
Old November 11, 2012, 02:55:33 AM
Kyurem

I've always wondered why the title screen music is the only piece of fully streamed audio in the game.

On another topic, is it just me, or are old places looking much better here?

I don't like the new C-Gear much, though.
Old November 11, 2012, 05:31:52 AM
Giratina

I had like NO idea that Join Avenue is completely disabled if you change the time even ONCE. Thy should give that a fix for things like Daylight Savings Time. Come on, Nintendo, step it up. Add, like, a button for that. Or do it automatically like every other electronic device. (Granted, I changed to Friday so that I could fight someone, but still.)

Another thing I've noticed is the uselessness of White Forest, minus the Shiny Dratini. They got rid of all the grass, and White Treehollow is just like Black Tower, but I like Black Tower's look and music a lot more. Those places don't even fill up the Pokédex (Because I've checked, and mine didn't get filled.) I guess people might like the looks and music of the Treehollow more, but I can't see anything in it.

Quote:
I recently became aware of a way to greatly increase the chance of shinies. Breed two Pokemon from completely different regions. The chances of getting a shiny is nearly quadrupled
Looks like you've recently found the Masuda Method~ It's still pretty uncommon, though. But combining it with the Shining Charm lowers the chances to a small small 1/1024. That's still pretty rare, but way more common than the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I've always wondered why the title screen music is the only piece of fully streamed audio in the game.

On another topic, is it just me, or are old places looking much better here?

I don't like the new C-Gear much, though.
Well, I've wondered that too as I listened to it and lost the feeling in my legs due to how awesome it sounded. Maybe they're on a head start towards their musical advances, you know 6th Gen, if they keep their handheld streak, on the 3DS will have to outdo the 2 generations of regular DS systems.

The old places HAVE been improved. They can't just keep the perfectly same look after 2 years, they need some UPGRADES.

I miss customizing my buttons, but I like making the rings all pretty~
Old November 11, 2012, 05:52:25 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Looks like you've recently found the Masuda Method~ It's still pretty uncommon, though. But combining it with the Shining Charm lowers the chances to a small small 1/1024. That's still pretty rare, but way more common than normal.
If I ever get the Shining Charm. I'm going to try this method sometime ^^
Old November 12, 2012, 09:09:40 AM
Giratina

I think Cult Classics make more people show up in the theater room to see your movies. I mean, I just made one and both an Old Team Plasma dude AND an ex-Neo Team Plasma dude showed up and gave me Big Pearls~ Some other new people showed up, too. Not only that, but they give you more useful items than if you just shot a regular good movie. (I got Moomoo Milks and Old Gateaux.)
Old November 12, 2012, 10:28:37 AM
Administrator

When I was doing the movies before, I just got a bunch of Escape Ropes and Lemonades.
Old November 12, 2012, 12:40:23 PM
Giratina

Well that's because you did a movie the way you were supposed to. There's probably a chart floating around on one of those sites, but I'm just going off of what I've noticed.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you use your own Pokémon and blonde-afro dude says "Your Pokémon are beginning to look like stars themselves!" then you'll get a special pre-battle animation that's like a shiny Pokémon one, except with a spinning star. (It surprised me, I thought the Nuzleaf that I encountered was special :I)
EDIT: And now thanks to my good buddy Plaz, I now know that the shining stars can be seen by anyone. Except Black/White, most likely. I mean, Pokéstar Studios didn't exist back then.

Last edited by TurtwigX; November 12, 2012 at 01:36:08 PM.
Old November 12, 2012, 07:30:55 PM
Administrator

I just got a standard ending when I used a couple of my own Pokémon, so no special "star" shininess.
Old November 13, 2012, 03:14:28 AM
Giratina

I can remember my 2 strange endings with my Pokémon. One was with my Crobat in Full Metal Cop and the Destroyer Security System killed both me and the cop with lasers. The other was with my Lucario in The Giant Woman 3 where I killed Monica and she destroyed the Unova region. Why is it that strange endings always seem to make a whole lot more than the regular endings?
Old November 16, 2012, 08:11:16 AM
Celebi

I've been running around Unova attempting to catch a few rare Pokemon and I've come to notice how brilliant Quick Balls actually are.

I was scrolling through my Habitat List and found that you could catch Klinklang and Magnezone in rustling grass down at the P2 Laboratory. And can I just say that the rustling grass/whirlpool theme really doesn't fit Audino. >.<

Last edited by RotomGuy; November 16, 2012 at 08:11:33 AM.
Old November 16, 2012, 07:03:55 PM
Giratina

I feel like a complete idiot.

Doing that Yancy sidequest was hard. But I was determined to do it, because I felt like I needed one of the trades to complete the National Pokedex. So after 2 hours of running back and forth between all 15 areas trying to call her and learn more about her life (And she is really cute the way she slowly falls in love with you), I finally unlocked the ability to do the trades. I'm FINALLY gonna get that Spiritomb I needed, since the one that was traded to my Platinum disappeared. (I'm a lonely person, how am I supposed to see 32 people in Sinnoh's Underground?) But that's when I realized... it only disappeared because I caught it in the PokeTransfer Lab. So I didn't even need to do that sidequest at all. Oh well, those Pokemon hold Rare Candies.
Old November 16, 2012, 07:13:59 PM
Administrator

Ah, that just reminded me of the movie titles. I wonder what all the references are?

Full Metal Cop - Full Metal Alchemist Full Metal Jacket + RoboCop
Big Monster - Godzilla
Ghost Eraser - Ghostbusters

Most of the others seem to be references to genres, but not any specific movies. Any other clear ones you might see?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 16, 2012 at 08:00:52 PM.
Old November 16, 2012, 07:50:52 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Ah, that just reminded me of the movie titles. I wonder what all the references are?

Full Metal Cop - Full Metal Alchemist + RoboCop
Big Monster - Godzilla
Ghost Eraser - Ghostbusters

Most of the others seem to be references to genres, but not any specific movies. Any other clear ones you might see?
1- *Fullmetal Alchemist. One word. Considering the space between Full and Metal, I thought of Full Metal Jacket.

2- I see Love and Battles as Love and Basketball. And Brycen-man as one of those superhero movies. And Invaders is an obvious alien movie... probably War of the Worlds.
Old November 16, 2012, 08:00:27 PM
Administrator

Whoops, that's what I meant: Full Metal Jacket, not Fullmetal Alchemist.
Old November 17, 2012, 12:47:21 PM
Giratina

I haven't started this movie series, but from the title and description, I'm guessing Mystery Doors of the Magical Land could be Alice in Wonderland.

Last edited by TurtwigX; November 17, 2012 at 01:40:50 PM. Reason: Spelled the movie title wrong
Old November 17, 2012, 03:59:43 PM
Charizard

Some of the strange endings are awesome.
Old November 17, 2012, 07:10:58 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer_Kylce View Post
Some of the strange endings are awesome.
I especially love the ones for The Giant Woman 3 and Full Metal Cop. Oh man, especially TGW3. It actually made me cry with laughter while repeatedly going WTF. I had to show EVERYONE just how strange it was.
Old November 18, 2012, 07:54:44 AM
Charizard

What about the strange ending to the first "Love and Battles"? One thing you can say, it was very unexpected.
Old November 18, 2012, 11:23:11 AM
Celebi

The only strange ending I've ever had is in Ghost Erasers 4 with the rental Pokemon. I'm trying to re-create with my Rotom so it gets sparkles.