Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 21, 2012, 07:41:51 PM
Administrator

Default Dream World

So, has anyone really been messing much with the Dream World lately? Any favorite things to do or things you hate? What about berry harvesting? Do you target certain berries?

As for me, I hate that Pelipper game. It's very boring and slow. The find-the-Pokémon game is also really slow. The newer games seem alright, though. It's annoying that you practically need to do some of the mini-games to get Dream Points for more berry plots.

Fennel loves trying to explain stuff on the Dream World during those last few minutes when you get pestered to wake up.

(Use this thread for anything involving promotions and codes.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fennel is helpful DW.png
Views:	584
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	4145  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 21, 2012 at 08:32:09 PM.
Old November 21, 2012, 08:36:30 PM

So I went to the Dream World today with my Cradily and I ended up at this place: Dream Park.

Name:	Dream Park.png
Views:	594
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	4146

I've never been to this place before, so I'm curious to see what it has to offer. I'm just not excited for the minigames, like the Serving Drinks game in the picture.
Old November 21, 2012, 09:15:47 PM
Giratina

I was on the DW earlier today and I also went to the PokéPark or whatever it's called. The one new mini-game I found there was a game where you skip on the lake. It's similar to games where launch yourself to get the furthest distance possible, like Learn to Fly.

Cat, you must not be doing something right with the "Search for Pokémon" game because I can beat that game in 5 to 10 seconds flat if I'm lucky. Worst case scenario - I beat it in under 40 seconds. I absolutely despise to mini-games in particular though - blowing out candles and the Sableye gem mini-game. The first is way too slow paced and wastes those precious minutes on the DW while the latter can't tell the difference between a "Z" and a "V".

Also, the ice cream mini-game takes too much time as well. If all the mini-games were just slightly faster, I could probably get 1000 DW points in a single hour.
Old November 21, 2012, 10:08:45 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I typically use the listen thingy, but I figured that's too slow and to just click all the hot spots in each area.

Speaking of time, I think the best optimization is to skip the mini-games that knowingly take a long time until you go through the island five times and to spend any remaining time hunting for berries that need watering.
Old November 21, 2012, 10:11:31 PM
Celebi

Not all the mini-games are that great. I like one or two, but most are just boring.

The Drink Serving game is where I usually do best. I do well in the Ice Skating one as well, but the Pokemon move so painfully slow...

I agree with Cat on the gem one, it never registers my V's.

One question, are stat-raising-in-a-pinch berries available on the DW?
Old November 21, 2012, 10:54:05 PM
Administrator

Like Liechi and Lansat? I don't believe I've ever seen those on the Dream World, but I could be wrong.
Old November 22, 2012, 04:22:16 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Yeah, I typically use the listen thingy, but I figured that's too slow and to just click all the hot spots in each area.
Rather than doing that silly ol' tactic they expect you use, go find the berry the Pokémon lost first than explore no further than 3 spaces away in any direction from where you found the berry. This little tactic of mine always works and usually gets my time under 30 seconds. 40 seconds if the surface is faulty.

And no, Rotom, they aren't. That's why they aren't allowed in the 5th Gen metagame.
Old November 22, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
Administrator

Does the berry sparkle immediately? If so, I might try that.
Old November 22, 2012, 04:47:13 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Does the berry sparkle immediately? If so, I might try that.
Just about. It takes about half a second for it to show up on screen if it's there, but that's still much quicker than listening for Pokémon.
Old November 22, 2012, 09:47:44 PM
Administrator

I tried your method and I almost ran out of time, but I think I had a sub-optimal layout. The berry was in the opposite direction of the direction I chose at the beginning, and it was next to two intersections. It didn't help it was in the last direction I checked too.
Old November 22, 2012, 11:35:12 PM
Kyurem

The most important thing to remember is that during movement or any interaction that takes over the screen that isn't listening, time stops.
Old November 23, 2012, 05:50:37 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I tried your method and I almost ran out of time, but I think I had a sub-optimal layout. The berry was in the opposite direction of the direction I chose at the beginning, and it was next to two intersections. It didn't help it was in the last direction I checked too.
What I do from when I start is map out the first circle that is always there when you start because you will almost always start in a corner and your only choices are to go left or forward. If the berry isn't in that circle, I go out on one of the branch paths and go around the outside path of the map. If there's still no berry, go on the inside paths. You'll find something soon enough.
Old November 25, 2012, 11:43:54 PM
Administrator

I stand corrected.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DW Good time.png
Views:	579
Size:	809.2 KB
ID:	4167  
Old November 26, 2012, 11:18:44 AM
Giratina

Just avoid blowing out candles. That mini-game takes too long to complete if you actually play it.

Also, I'm noticing that going to the DW with specific Pokémon tucked in will determine your likelihood of going to certain areas on the Dream World. For example, when I tuck in my Celebi, I go to the Pleasant Forest and Spooky Manor a lot, but when I tuck in Togekiss, I go to the Windswept Sky quite a bit with a little bit of everything else except for Spooky Manor, which I don't go to at all with Togekiss tucked in. It seems the type of the tucked in Pokémon determines what are you're more likely to go to - maybe because the tucked in Pokémon is going to places where it will be accepted (Celebi going to Grass types) or going to places where it can face its fears (Celebi going to Dark and Ghost types).

Last edited by Quadcentruo; November 26, 2012 at 11:19:18 AM.
Old November 26, 2012, 10:06:09 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Just avoid blowing out candles. That mini-game takes too long to complete if you actually play it.

Also, I'm noticing that going to the DW with specific Pokémon tucked in will determine your likelihood of going to certain areas on the Dream World. For example, when I tuck in my Celebi, I go to the Pleasant Forest and Spooky Manor a lot, but when I tuck in Togekiss, I go to the Windswept Sky quite a bit with a little bit of everything else except for Spooky Manor, which I don't go to at all with Togekiss tucked in. It seems the type of the tucked in Pokémon determines what are you're more likely to go to - maybe because the tucked in Pokémon is going to places where it will be accepted (Celebi going to Grass types) or going to places where it can face its fears (Celebi going to Dark and Ghost types).
I think Spooky Manor appears more likely if you have a Psychic, Ghost or Dark, and Celebi is Psychic type soooo...

Ice Cave (name?) appears more likely for Ice and Dragon types, and Windswept Sky for Flying types, etc.
Old November 27, 2012, 11:04:20 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
I think Spooky Manor appears more likely if you have a Psychic, Ghost or Dark, and Celebi is Psychic type soooo...

Ice Cave (name?) appears more likely for Ice and Dragon types, and Windswept Sky for Flying types, etc.
I've gone to Ice Cave quite a few with Togekiss as well, but not nearly as often as Windswept Sky. I should do a study on the likelihood of going to certain areas with certain Pokémon.
Old December 20, 2012, 12:16:59 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I think I definitely found the easiest way to make money vs. how little you actually have to do. It does pay to have used the Dream World a lot.
  1. Find a Micle Berry. These are easy to find on the Share Shelves of other homes that aren't the default.
  2. Plant it in your garden.
  3. Harvest it after it provides berries.
  4. Plant as many more as you can.
  5. Send any extras to your game.
  6. Sell them to the woman in the motor home on Route 5 at 30,000 Poké each.
  7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 until you have lots of money.
  8. Play mini-games and water others' gardens to get more points for more rows in your own garden.

Also, I've gotten decent at the lake game, but the gem game is really annoying. I can't seem to draw any of the shapes right, and I'm using a mouse.

Edit: Scratch that, I did almost perfect on the gem game right after saying that. >_>

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 20, 2012 at 12:29:43 PM.