Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 24, 2013, 09:39:26 AM
Volcarona

Question I have a question,

but I couldn't find a general question thread so if there is one somewhere I apologize.

In a triple battle, if a Pokémon targets a foe with a multi-turn move such as rollout, and the target faints before the move is fully executed (say, because it was defeated by rollout on the 3rd turn), which Pokémon would be targeted once a new one was sent out, or for that matter, if no new Pokémon was sent out? Would it be the Pokémon in the same position, the Pokémon in the adjacent position, or a random Pokémon?
Old August 24, 2013, 10:16:49 AM
Giratina

Your avatar makes this question so perfect~

For one thing I certainly know your Pokemon would not target its allies after a Pokemon faints. I don't do triple battling but from the way double battles work it would either say that the move missed or it will switch to an adjacent Pokemon. For a move like Rollout my money's on the former.
Old August 27, 2013, 10:51:48 AM
Kyurem

I play triples alot but i never tryed rollout to know who would be picked. Like turt said it might just pick a foe closest to the user as long the foe is in ranged.
Old August 27, 2013, 01:36:23 PM
Rayquaza

The move will end up missing after the Pokemon has fainted, unless it's a move like Rollout or Outrage were it will continuously attack what ever other pokemon is on field.
Old August 30, 2013, 08:40:11 PM
Regigigas

If a new target is sent then it'll probably continue attacking that range. If no other Pokemon is sent then I'm sure it'll go for the next one closest to it. If no Pokemon is close, then the move will fail.

FAIL, I tell you.