Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 3, 2013, 11:43:52 PM
Kyurem

Default Reversal Mountain: Hidden stairs

On my white2 theres these stairs to the far right past heatran's stairs, (keep going far right till u hit the wall) theres an area above this that has stairs, anyone know what this is and can i get to this spot? If not i could find a walk through walls code to solve this mystery.

I've been searching around google and find nothing on this, heck i even tryed going back in areas in the moutain in different seasons and can't find anyway to it. (without the walk through walls thing, which i havnt used yet)
Old October 4, 2013, 07:07:17 AM
Kyurem

Upon further inspection, it doesn't seem to lead anywhere or come from anything. I think it might just be leftover junk from its development stage. I keep looking at the Bulbapedia map and I'm not getting any answers.

EDIT AGAIN: As it turns out, the Reversal Mountain in Black 2 has that staircase accessible, while the one in White 2 is inaccessible. On the other hand, White 2 also has a staircase that is inaccessible in Black 2.

In short, I think it was just the programmer's way to save time, and to maintain continuity between the two different Reversal Mountains.

For more info, check out these two images. See the difference?
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/...tain_1F_W2.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/...tain_1F_B2.png

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; October 4, 2013 at 07:12:26 AM.
Old October 4, 2013, 11:01:25 AM
Kyurem

OK that seems about right. I was thinking that it could be extra data from black2's moutain design. I wounder though....if i used walk through walls i bet the game would freeze if i tryed going down the stairs.
Old October 4, 2013, 06:33:28 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
OK that seems about right. I was thinking that it could be extra data from black2's moutain design. I wounder though....if i used walk through walls i bet the game would freeze if i tryed going down the stairs.
My guess is that the warp for those stairs would be disabled so that it would act like a wall tile, but hey, you're free to try it out.
Old October 4, 2013, 10:26:14 PM
Kyurem

Well first i would to find said code, then see. Plus i found another spot near the breeders house that looked odd so i'll be checking that as well.
Old October 4, 2013, 10:49:08 PM
Administrator

This reminds me a lot of other hidden oddities in Pokémon games, such as the truck near the S.S. Anne.

I believe one or more of the Game Boy Advance games has a door hidden behind a bunch of boxes. To use it, however, you have to scan e-Reader cards or something. I cannot remember how the door works, nor can I remember seeing it myself.

Heck, in Black/White 2, the seasons are a great time to go exploring to find all the little areas that change that were previously blocked off.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; October 4, 2013 at 10:49:21 PM.
Old November 6, 2013, 06:31:18 PM
Keldeo

Bumping the thread a little, but I've been looking for an answer to this since I got White 2 a year ago. Didn't see any solid evidence of this being a beta thing until now (especially with the pictures), thanks.