Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old January 1, 2013, 03:40:33 PM
Regigigas

Default Upcoming Announcement by Jun'ichi Masuda?

Recent commercials advertising Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 have ended noting that an announcement has been scheduled for January 8th regarding Pokémon. Additionally, Masuda revealed in a December Twitter post that he had finished taping an episode of Pokémon Sunday. Based on past appearances being accompanied by a major announcement, it may be inferred that both the episode in question, as well as the January 8th announcement may be connected. The content of the announcement, however, remains unknown at this time.

Source(s):[Jun'ichi Masuda's Twitter Post (Japanese)], [PokeBeach]
Old January 1, 2013, 04:26:00 PM
Administrator

Let's see, BW2 aren't even a year old yet, so I doubt it's a new generation or even a fifth version. I'm willing to bet it might be a spin-off of some kind.
Old January 1, 2013, 05:03:08 PM
Giratina

As much as I know it's not going to happen any time soon, I kind of hope it's a RSE remake for Gen 5. I will force my parents to buy that for me if that ever comes around, but yeah Cat's right. Most likely a spin-off game, I just hope it's an interesting one.
Old January 1, 2013, 09:17:52 PM
Charizard

I am begging for it to be a R/S remake, it would be the game that brings me back into Pokemon.
Old January 1, 2013, 09:28:43 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
I am begging for it to be a R/S remake, it would be the game that brings me back into Pokemon.
I think that is why Cat said it hasn't been a year. They strategically space out the announcements. So I agree, it seems like it should be a spin-off. I don't know, but with the Dream Radar and the 3D PokeDex it may be another 3DS application for BW2.
Old January 1, 2013, 09:45:47 PM

I wonder if it's going to be B/W pinball.
Old January 1, 2013, 10:25:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
I liked the Pinball games. I just hope it's not another Trozei. Ooh, a Wii/Wii U game might be interesting. C'mon, Stadium 3!
Old January 1, 2013, 10:29:34 PM
Rayquaza

It is is most probably a Wii U game, I believe. It is too early for a new main game on 3DS. I think it is Battle Revolution 2.
Old January 1, 2013, 10:40:21 PM
Zoroark

There has not been a Pokemon Ranger game since Guardian Signs.
Old January 2, 2013, 06:24:45 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Let's see, BW2 aren't even a year old yet, so I doubt it's a new generation or even a fifth version. I'm willing to bet it might be a spin-off of some kind.
Considering HGSS was even newer when BW was revealed so that means absolutely nothing Cat.

Why am I the only one on this site that thinks the idea of us getting RS remakes this generation is completely ludicrous at this point?
Old January 2, 2013, 06:28:52 AM
Haxorus

Although I hope it will be a Ruby and Sapphire remake it will probably be a Pokemon Ranger or another spin off game.
Old January 2, 2013, 10:31:30 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Considering HGSS was even newer when BW was revealed so that means absolutely nothing Cat.
It hasn't been a year since the release of BW2 in Japan, while BW was released more than a year after the release of HGSS in Japan. Your information is inaccurate.
Old January 2, 2013, 10:45:29 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
It hasn't been a year since the release of BW2 in Japan, while BW was released more than a year after the release of HGSS in Japan. Your information is inaccurate.
Yeah, we're talking about an announcement here not a release.
Old January 2, 2013, 11:03:49 AM
Zoroark

He has joined the rank and file of Team Plasma. Whatever it is, this can't be good news!
Old January 2, 2013, 02:23:27 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post

Why am I the only one on this site that thinks the idea of us getting RS remakes this generation is completely ludicrous at this point?
Quote:
Quote:

What are you guys even arguing about here? And why?

HG/SS was announced what, 7-8 months after Platinum was out in Japan?
Why does it seem unnatural for a next set of games to be announced 7 months after B2/W2's release in Japan?
(Also, Emerald was released in Japan a whole less than nine months after FR/LG were released in Japan.)
Old January 3, 2013, 03:37:01 PM
Giratina

Quote:
No one knows how much I'd pay to have something that AMAZING. Especially in 3D. Or something like an XD with emphasis on Dream World abilities.

I just hope it's NOT those R/S remakes people keep talking about. The current Wi-Fi situation is annoying and the 3DS's graphics would do way more justice than to try to ask more out of the already-stretched DS limits.
Old January 3, 2013, 05:04:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
No one knows how much I'd pay to have something that AMAZING. Especially in 3D. Or something like an XD with emphasis on Dream World abilities.

I just hope it's NOT those R/S remakes people keep talking about. The current Wi-Fi situation is annoying and the 3DS's graphics would do way more justice than to try to ask more out of the already-stretched DS limits.
The DS is practically dead. BW2 are pretty much the last major titles for it.
Old January 3, 2013, 10:26:10 PM
Rayquaza

But time has changed, hasn't it? If we look at it in a perspective of money, then it is too early for them to announce a new main game, as BW2 is still milking cash out of customers. Of course, a new game might add interest to the 3DS, but marketing-wise, it would be smarter for them to release a main game for the Wii U, which has been released recently and is still in its growth stage.
Old January 4, 2013, 03:40:41 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
But time has changed, hasn't it? If we look at it in a perspective of money, then it is too early for them to announce a new main game, as BW2 is still milking cash out of customers. Of course, a new game might add interest to the 3DS, but marketing-wise, it would be smarter for them to release a main game for the Wii U, which has been released recently and is still in its growth stage.
Now you say that, it's probably the big announcement. Being a new console of course they have to make games for it.
Old January 4, 2013, 11:07:30 AM
Administrator

Just an FYI, Nintendo of America's Twitter account has posted the following:

Quote:
Pokémon fans, mark your calendars! Check http://Pokemon.com on January 8th for some big news!
So whatever this is, it is enough for more then just Japan to take interest. It could be anything at this point really.

Source

On the topic of remakes and stuff, am I the only one hoping it isn't just Ruby/Sapphire remakes? Not that I wouldn't want them, but I'd rather they spent their time designing something NEW instead of just rehashing the old stuff. Again, the only reason we had FireRed/LeafGreen/HeartGold/SoulSilver was due to compatibility issues between the GB/GBC generations and GBA/DS generations. In addition, most non-Pokemon fans didn't take Ruby/Sapphire to well as it was the "end of the good pokemon games". It also seems a bit early to be releasing the 6th gen since there is still plenty of money being made from Black/White 1/2. Though again, anything is possible at this point.

Last edited by Yoshi648; January 4, 2013 at 01:59:38 PM.
Old January 4, 2013, 03:31:34 PM
Administrator

After looking around, most regions' official Pokémon site has a countdown on it now. (I don't see it on the Swedish site or the Finnish site.)

This has to be a major game announcement. The Japanese site doesn't provide any more details.
Old January 4, 2013, 05:44:07 PM
Rayquaza

What ever this is I hope this means we will finally get a global release date for a pokemon game
Old January 4, 2013, 06:10:57 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping it's a console game at this point, especially something with storage capabilities. Across all Gen III through V games, I easily have over 4,000 Pokémon with probably almost 2,000 hours clocked.

Stadium 1 could store 280 Pokémon from RBY (and Green in Japan).
Stadium 2 could store 280 Pokémon from RBYGSC (and Green in Japan).
Box: RS could store 1,500 Pokémon from RSEFrLg.
Ranch could store 1,000 from DP (and Platinum with 1,500 total in Japan).

Of course, if we get a console game, beyond it storing a few thousand Pokémon, I hope it has some classic Stadium features (Gym Leader Castle, Lab, Game Boy Tower, Kids Club) as well as some of the stuff that appeared in Battle Revolution (random battles, DS battles, pretty graphics). An adventure kind of like Colosseum/XD would be nice, too.
Old January 4, 2013, 09:19:44 PM
Cyndaquil

In my opinion, it will be a R/S/E remake or maybe a game like Stadium/Colosseum.
But I hope that one day, they will make a 3D version of one of the generations... Like, a giant 3D world where you can travel with your bike, run into a Pokémon directly without transition, NPC with voices, throw your Pokeball with a Wiimote... Like an adventure game, in fact. But with a Pokemon touch !

( and yeah, I know that it the IV/V gens are in 3D, but not this kind of 3D )
Old January 5, 2013, 12:29:31 AM
Haxorus

Stadium/Colosseum remake for Wii-U? That could work.
Old January 5, 2013, 08:39:48 PM
Giratina

I'm starting to feel off this isn't just some WiFi Event or a boring Spin-Off game. They seem to be hyping it up quite a lot
Old January 5, 2013, 08:52:46 PM
Shaymin

Is it Possible that they are going to stop making the main games, and that is what they are announcing.
Old January 6, 2013, 05:08:04 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Is it Possible that they are going to stop making the main games, and that is what they are announcing.
I doubt it because the way they're hyping it, they make it seem too positive to be something that would disappoint so many fans.
Old January 6, 2013, 06:17:44 AM
Mudkip

Quote:
Its actually PokePark 3.
Proof:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pokepark 3.png
Views:	434
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	4319  

Last edited by Wobbachomp; January 6, 2013 at 06:20:32 AM.
Old January 6, 2013, 12:01:42 PM
Zoroark

As much as I'd REALLY like to see Gen 3 remakes as that was my favorite gen, a new Pokémon or even the gen 6 games seems more likely. It is a little early to be announcing the gen 6 games, but in the past gens GF has revealed new Pokémon before the games of that generation were announced as promotion for them such as Munchlax, Togepi, and Lucario. I get the feeling that a handful of Gen 6 Pokémon will appear in the Genesect movie.
Old January 6, 2013, 01:02:38 PM
Volcarona

I'm kinda annoyed that the majority of the people on the internet all seem to be dead sure that it is going to be RSE remakes. Yes... I do admit I'd love to see them too, however, I'm not sure if I'm joining the bandwagon of "this is what THE announcement is!" I honestly believe it's either going to be another new spin-off game (better not be a puzzle game please, I prefer my Tetris), but I'd personally love to see Pokemon Pinball brought back... I miss that game (it's my childhood~) or even another Ranger game as those are fantastic. It's even possible for another Stadium-like game or Colosseum tittle... but those are at the bottom of my "could be" list. But I've been wrong before, I'm going to either say it's RSE 3DS remakes (cash cow alert) or a new spin-off game all together.
Old January 6, 2013, 01:32:44 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
I'm kinda annoyed that the majority of the people on the internet all seem to be dead sure that it is going to be RSE remakes. Yes... I do admit I'd love to see them too, however, I'm not sure if I'm joining the bandwagon of "this is what THE announcement is!" I honestly believe it's either going to be another new spin-off game (better not be a puzzle game please, I prefer my Tetris), but I'd personally love to see Pokemon Pinball brought back... I miss that game (it's my childhood~) or even another Ranger game as those are fantastic. It's even possible for another Stadium-like game or Colosseum tittle... but those are at the bottom of my "could be" list. But I've been wrong before, I'm going to either say it's RSE 3DS remakes (cash cow alert) or a new spin-off game all together.
If it were a spinoff game then the announcement then the US wouldn't be announcing it on the same day... and plus that'd be a big slap in the face to about 90% of the Pokémon community.
Old January 6, 2013, 01:45:29 PM
Administrator

I know exactly what will happen after the announcement of the new games:

Spoiler Alert:    
A lot of people will be disappointed.

Even if it is either RSE remakes or Gen VI, a lot of folks will be disappointed it's not the other or something completely different.
Old January 6, 2013, 01:50:42 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
I know exactly what will happen after the announcement of the new games:

Spoiler Alert:    
A lot of people will be disappointed.

Even if it is either RSE remakes or Gen VI, a lot of folks will be disappointed it's not the other or something completely different.
I'd be satisfied with either one.
Old January 7, 2013, 06:11:59 AM
Rayquaza

Here is the countdown.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/important_announce/

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 7, 2013 at 06:12:12 AM.
Old January 7, 2013, 07:32:31 AM
Volcarona

Nintendo of Europe, UK and America all say on their Twitter feeds that there will be a Nintendo Direct where Iwata will "share a short message w/ Pokémon news" at 6am EST/11am GMT/12 noon CET.

Last edited by zsaberslash; January 7, 2013 at 07:44:16 AM. Reason: That's all at the same time if you didn't realise.
Old January 7, 2013, 03:00:05 PM
Administrator

At least they're honest with the date; it'll be the 8th pretty much everywhere they announced.

Also, this Ruby/Sapphire 10th anniversary gift announcement is still on the homepage. Make of it what you will.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 7, 2013 at 06:36:23 PM.
Old January 7, 2013, 05:15:42 PM
Administrator

This came up from the Nintendo Direct page

Viewing the code, we can see that the tags nintendo 3ds in it, so this game is very likely going to be for the 3DS.
Old January 7, 2013, 05:19:07 PM
Administrator

Well, that spoils the console idea I had. I'm betting Gen VI or remakes at this point.

(If it is Gen VI, I'm gonna have fun with all the new names, the adopts, and the Team Builder. Please, Pokémon International, give us English names when the Japanese ones are leaked. I don't want to deal with switching them around later.)
Old January 7, 2013, 05:36:25 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Well, that spoils the console idea I had. I'm betting Gen VI or remakes at this point.

(If it is Gen VI, I'm gonna have fun with all the new names, the adopts, and the Team Builder. Please, Pokémon International, give us English names when the Japanese ones are leaked. I don't want to deal with switching them around later.)
If it's a Gen VI, will you wait for it's release in Japan to complete all those projects you have? (Adopts, Teambuilder, etc.)
Old January 7, 2013, 06:14:28 PM
Administrator

Adopts, no, I won't wait. It's really easy to add stuff to that.

The Team Builder most likely won't receive the G6 data until a good while after its American release. I have to wait for veekun to update.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 7, 2013 at 06:14:40 PM.
Old January 7, 2013, 06:21:37 PM

Hmm unless a 5th Gen Pokemon Colosseum/XD/Stadium/PBR game will be on the 3DS, one of my hopes was crushed. However, this does narrow a few things down.

Considering how 6th gen is due sometime in Japan in 2014, it wouldn't surprise me if they started revealing some new stuff regarding Gen 6. I'm indifferent toward the RSE remakes for now, I personally think they should be made after 6th Gen is made on the 3DS. (considering how Pokedex 3D and 3D Pro were on the 3DS, it wouldn't surprise me if those models would be used for this upcoming game).
Old January 7, 2013, 06:25:04 PM
Administrator

Ooh, right, I forgot about that. I know they wanted to get those models out quickly, but a Pokédex app can't be the only use. Putting a Stadium/PBR type game on the 3DS would take away most of the point of owning such a game: playing Pokémon on the TV with the monsters you have caught in the handheld games. It'd be a complete waste to put that on the 3DS rather than the Wii U or Wii.

However, a Colosseum/XD style game could work on 3DS, as it's an actual adventure.
Old January 7, 2013, 06:41:45 PM
Administrator

Uh.... well this is interesting.

"Trivia time! How many possible evolutions of Eevee are there?"

DEFINITELY seems like new Eevee (which we had hints of previously), so this is certainly a sign for next gen
Old January 7, 2013, 06:44:36 PM
Administrator

ĄEEEEEVEEEEE!

Also, there is a programming bug in this countdown:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/important_announce/

The date/time are in Japan Standard Time, but the countdown uses your local time zone. So yeah, ignore the countdown if you don't live in Japan because it doesn't correct for time zones outside JST.
Old January 7, 2013, 07:00:34 PM
Administrator

Corrected countdown!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...a9mon%20Direct

This one should be correct in any time zone.
Old January 8, 2013, 12:58:03 AM
Administrator

GameSpot and Go Nintendo are predicting Pokémon Rainbow, a game with features from the first four generations.

Also, Draconeon. 'Nuff said.

And a Wii U app? Please be Stadium 3!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 8, 2013 at 01:27:45 AM.
Old January 8, 2013, 01:51:10 AM
Kyurem

Right now I'm getting very hyped, but it's going to be in Japanese. I'm going to have fun reading someone's liveblog or reaction threads, I suppose.
Old January 8, 2013, 01:59:00 AM
Administrator

Here it comes~! Feel free to post any ideas that come to mind over the next few minutes, even if it seems like spam.
Old January 8, 2013, 02:00:44 AM
Administrator

Satoru Iwata!

(Oh man, don't lag, please...)
Old January 8, 2013, 02:01:36 AM

*starts watching* I don't want a History on the games, I want the news! :U

Last edited by Reuniclus; January 8, 2013 at 02:01:57 AM.
Old January 8, 2013, 02:02:23 AM
Administrator

Red and Green versions and how they encourage trading
Old January 8, 2013, 02:03:32 AM

Y'know, if they're showing the chronology of Pokemon, it might reveal a new generation at this rate! :0
Old January 8, 2013, 02:04:18 AM
Administrator

Generation II and their purposes, then how the Pokémon games gained popularity outside of Japan. Mention of the delay of the games between Japan and other countries (internationalization).
Old January 8, 2013, 02:07:55 AM
Administrator

Coverage of the advances from Gen III to Gen V.
Administrator

Administrator

Old January 8, 2013, 02:08:35 AM

Gen 6! AHHHHH!

X and Y!?

Last edited by Reuniclus; January 8, 2013 at 02:09:25 AM.
Old January 8, 2013, 02:09:44 AM
Administrator

Pokémon X and Y!

EPIC!

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie

(Also, the server froze during the whole time the trailer played. )
Old January 8, 2013, 02:10:15 AM
Administrator

Release in OCTOBER!
Old January 8, 2013, 02:11:13 AM
Rayquaza

The fact that the fire starter is based off Lynx makes me not mind the fact we could get another Fire/Fighting starter.

Not a big fan of the character designs.

Well there is no way I'll be able to go back to sleep now.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 8, 2013 at 02:12:09 AM.
Old January 8, 2013, 02:12:04 AM

The starters look nice :3 I just don't like the Water one....we have too many Pokemon like that. :c
Old January 8, 2013, 02:13:45 AM
Giratina

This is definitely the Gen I get with the Fire starter, unless the final evolution is Fighting AGAIN I can't believe he said everywhere... he said everywhere...
Old January 8, 2013, 02:14:12 AM

X and Y.

Um...okay.

I guess they ran out of colors/jewels to name the games after? And oh well, no R/S/E remakes it seems. But...dang, a 6th gen already? I didn't expect this.

Last edited by Cyrus; January 8, 2013 at 02:14:37 AM.
Old January 8, 2013, 02:14:15 AM
Volcarona

Anybody who missed it or wants to watch it again can see it here: http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10951

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 8, 2013 at 02:27:26 AM.
Old January 8, 2013, 02:14:25 AM
Administrator

New thread up! http://victoryroad.net/showthread.ph...869#post272869

New board up! http://victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=257

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 8, 2013 at 03:39:29 AM.