Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 4, 2009, 06:03:56 PM
Haxorus

Default Fake Moves, Pokemon, And Abilities You Want To See In Gen. 5

What moves, abilities, and Fakemon did you make up and want to see in Gen. 5? Post your ideas here!

I thought up a move, inspired by a glitch move from Gen. 1.

MOVE: Chemotherapy

Heals the opponent, then poisons him the next turn. A great first-turn move!
Old November 4, 2009, 06:24:21 PM
Haxorus

Default Re: Fake Moves, Pokemon, And Abilities You Want To See In Gen. 5

Sounds nice. I would like a move that forces opponents into using their items. You could use it on your team to get a faster heal or something as well.
Old November 4, 2009, 06:48:04 PM
Administrator

What if the opponent doesn't have any items (theoretically) or it is during a battle with another player?
Old November 4, 2009, 06:52:22 PM
Administrator

Supernova: Teach it to an electric Pokémon and it blinds everyone on your opponent's team (blindness will be a new status effect where it will cause the targeted Pokemon to attack random things like the ground, themselves, and their trainer).
Old November 4, 2009, 06:54:36 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon
What if the opponent doesn't have any items (theoretically) or it is during a battle with another player?
If they don't have any items, then it will say: "But it failed!"

If it's against another player, the game uses the item for them automatically.
Old November 4, 2009, 08:23:50 PM
Volcarona

A split evolution starter, instead of three starters to chose from, you start with one new pokemon, that evolves into three different pokemon depending on where you evolve it at, and then it evolves again into two different pokemon from those three, so in all you would have a normal starter, a fire/water/grass type secondary, and then 6 different final forms, that would each counter a different one. That way, there would be lots of different versions of your starter, rather than just three separate lines of evolution and three separate starters.
Old November 4, 2009, 08:27:18 PM
Charizard

I would like to see some pokemon evolve 3 times insted of the traditional 2. I think it might be interesting. Also if there was a legendary that could evolve, hmmmm.
Old November 5, 2009, 02:30:05 AM
Rayquaza

We already have a thread for Gen V
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=12946&start=15
Old November 5, 2009, 07:02:07 AM
Administrator

That topic is about the games in general; this topic is focused on the moves, Pokémon, and abilities.
Old November 6, 2009, 02:42:35 PM
Keldeo

Advent pokemon. =w=
Most people won't get this, but a very well done fan made hack of pokemon fire red was made and it used characters from the touhou series. By using a sun stone on them they would become "Advent". When this happens there stats are swapped in odd ways. Most of the time it will take a tiny bit of stats from the others and invest it into another. The learnable moves also changed drastically when this happened and occasionally even its type. This would make pokemon alot more versatile. Sorta like how Kirlia can turn into either gallade or gardevoir only seen more often. =p

An example of the final form compared to Advent form.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhoudex/EX_Ran

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Touhoudex/Advent_Ran
Old November 8, 2009, 08:11:13 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648
Supernova: Teach it to an electric Pokémon and it blinds everyone on your opponent's team (blindness will be a new status effect where it will cause the targeted Pokemon to attack random things like the ground, themselves, and their trainer).
Blindness already exists (Mystery Dungeon)
Old November 9, 2009, 09:33:08 PM
Regigigas

Sweeping Kick: Fighting, Attacks both pokemon in a double battle.
Brute Brawl: Like Close Combat but Dark.
Restore: HM. Gets rid of anything affecting the battle: Weather, Light Screen, Trick Room, Spikes, Aqua Ring, etc. Outside of battle, it eliminates temporal disturbances so you can enter different areas.
Old November 19, 2009, 08:28:36 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed
Restore: HM. Gets rid of anything affecting the battle: Weather, Light Screen, Trick Room, Spikes, Aqua Ring, etc. Outside of battle, it eliminates temporal disturbances so you can enter different areas.
They have this. Its called defog. I know it can clear spikes, light screen and weather, but Im not sure about trick room.
Old November 19, 2009, 09:18:08 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed
They have this. Its called defog. I know it can clear spikes, light screen and weather, but Im not sure about trick room.
Fine then, how about this: Restore heals all pokemon on the field by 1/4th hp.
Old November 21, 2009, 02:53:20 PM
Shaymin

I'm really persistant about it, cuz I think it'll be cool: Pokemon A Version and B Version. (A and B standing in for the actual name) Pokemon A would have a gravity Pokemon (for now, we'll call him Gravitros, cuz it's a corruption of gravity.) Its special move would be Gravity Move. It'd either do one of two things: A) Cause the opponent's gravity to increase and sink into the ground, dealing a massive amount of damage, or B) It would lighten the opponent to the decreased gravity of space, rendering it immobile. (This status condition would be like an elongated flinch.)

B Version's mascot would be a vaccuum legendary. We'll call him Dyson. Dyson's special move would be Vaccuum Rip. It'd do one of two things: Drain the opponent's HP by half of what it currently has, or suck the opponent into a vaccuum rift, dealing massive amounts of HP.
Old November 22, 2009, 01:59:32 PM
Joltik

An ability called "Reverse" or something, an ability that reverses the effects of moves such as absorb, leech life, giga drain, etc. Still damaging you, but insted of healing the opposing pokemon, it damages them equal to what they would gain insted. Just to mock their butts.

Secondly, MORE FIRE POKEMON, ugh. For those who don't start off with a fire type, it's ridiculously hard to find a good fire type later on, why isn't there more and better fire types to find early on?

Perhaps a new poketype all together? There's Dark types, why not Light types? In theory, that way, you could have two new legendaries, a dark/something legendary, and a light/something legendary. Who knows.

Speak your opinion! May come up with more later.
Old November 22, 2009, 03:31:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincenDarkstar
Secondly, MORE FIRE POKEMON, ugh. For those who don't start off with a fire type, it's ridiculously hard to find a good fire type later on, why isn't there more and better fire types to find early on?
YES, VERY YES. There are definitely not enough fire types. I remember seeing, in the Prima PBR strategy guide, a list of all the fire types in the games. I though "That's it?!". Then I looked at the water types.
Old November 22, 2009, 03:40:37 PM
Joltik

Because of the utter lack of fire types there's hardly any fire types even WORTH using! Maybe Arcanine? But that's about it. I've always been a sucker for fire and dragon types, but there's no good fire types!!! PLENTY of good dragon types! And there's also a huge ammount of water types. Why isn't there a place, like a lava cave, where you can get at least 6-7 different fire types? 17 fully evolved fires. 4 of them legendaries, 4 starters!! I'm not sure how many fully evolved water types there are, but what I do know, there's a total of 92 of them, making it the most abundant of types. Gods!

So yes. More fire!!
Old November 23, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
Shaymin

You know, I just realized, the Gravity and Vaccuum Pokemon might need to have their own type. If not, Gravity'd be Ground/Ghost and Vaccuum'd be Ground/Dark. The nature of the effects of gravity and vaccuum in the laws of physics makes these types somewhat fitting.

Pokemon C Version would have a kickass mascot. How does an Annihilation Pokemon sound? (Annihilation in this case representing what happens when matter/antimatter theoretically combine.)

Annihilation Pokemon- For our sakes, and cuz it's funny, we'll call him Ahnuld. His signature move would be Destruction: Exactly like Explosion/Selfdestruct except it doesn't harm the user. His type would be Dark/Steel.

All these Pokemon would have the following as their abilities:

Gravitros: Float - Effects of weather are negated when applied to this Pokemon, all ground type moves miss.
Dyson: Nonexistant - Physical attacks have a higher chance of missing and do less damage.
Ahnuld: Not Allowed - Any effect that modifies stats, such as Growl, Trick Room, and any abilities are negated.
Old December 1, 2009, 10:03:39 PM
Volcarona

A new type is actually a very good idea, the trick would be to balance it withing the existing types.

I once read about a fan game of Gen. II (Pokemon Prism) that had 5 new types in it: Wood, Gas, Wind, Abnormal, and Sound.

Perhaps a new type that is weak to all others?
Old December 2, 2009, 05:26:35 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincenDarkstar
Perhaps a new poketype all together? There's Dark types, why not Light types? In theory, that way, you could have two new legendaries, a dark/something legendary, and a light/something legendary. Who knows.
I thought Arceus would have been a whole type on his own, preferably something like light but oh well it wasn't meant to be.....yet(hopefully)