Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old September 20, 2010, 06:17:43 PM
Zoroark

Default Spoiler suggestion/request

I just ran into a user with a bunch of Gen. V Pokémon in his signature. I'd rather not have seen it, but it's not a big deal. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that there are probably others on this forum who don't want to know too much about Black and White before their region's launch of the games, so I was thinking it would be nice if things like this signature could be put in spoilers until Black and White are on the market around the globe and not just in Japan.
Old September 20, 2010, 11:01:10 PM
Administrator

Hm, it wouldn't be a bad idea to impose avoiding such spoilers in avatars. Of course, we'd have to allow exceptions to artists and such who have such drawings in their avatars, but I highly agree with it for signatures.
Old September 21, 2010, 06:39:04 AM
Rayquaza

If you can give us a link to that member, we can ask him to put spoilers.
Old September 21, 2010, 12:16:55 PM
Zoroark

I don't remember who he was or where I saw it, but if I see him again, I'll let you know.
Old September 21, 2010, 12:20:17 PM
Celebi

Do you remember what Pokemon it was? I know some people who had Gen V Pokemon in their sig removed them when the lawsuit scare was posted. You probably seen those before they were removed. However, if someone is parading around with these "outlawed" sprites, knowing which one it is will help. I have a pretty good memory when I see something. If it's an active member, I can tell who it is. If it's a newb, then not so much.
Old September 21, 2010, 01:07:08 PM
Zoroark

Well it was last night, long after the scare. And I don't know any of their names. I know one looked like a Seviper, but more eel or leech-like, and the other was that big brown and green thing that looks a bit like Abomasnow.
Old September 21, 2010, 05:11:52 PM
Celebi

I found him: http://www.victoryroad.net/member.php?u=1266 There is a TON of Gen V Pokemon in his sig.
Old September 21, 2010, 05:28:14 PM
Zoroark

Yup, there he is
Old September 21, 2010, 11:34:39 PM
Administrator

I added a spoiler tag to that signature.

Anyway, what do you think of making it a rule?
Old September 22, 2010, 02:36:32 AM
Zoroark

I don't particularly care, but there may be other members who really don't want to see that stuff. And there could, of course, be some members who want to see it out. Whatever you decide won' bother me.
Old September 22, 2010, 03:39:01 AM
Celebi

It doesn't bother me. If Nintendo snoops around here, looking for sprites, it'll be that member who'll get in trouble, not anyone else. He should be warned about it to see if he just didn't know or is being an ignorant rebel.
Old September 22, 2010, 07:15:38 AM
Giratina

I think that if a signature contains too many 5th generation Pokémon or other major spoilers, then spoiler tags should be used to respect people who don't wish to see them.
Old September 22, 2010, 08:52:06 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I think that if a signature contains too many 5th generation Pokémon or other major spoilers, then spoiler tags should be used to respect people who don't wish to see them.
Maybe we shoud take a vote. I personally have no problem. I don't think anyone does. I just think they're a little scared of the Nintendo thing.
Old September 22, 2010, 02:15:37 PM
Zoroark

Well if Nintendo snoops around here, it will be the site administrators who get in trouble, not the member. From a legal standpoint, they're responsible.
Old September 22, 2010, 02:23:12 PM
Celebi

Not much can be said if everyone was warned. Cat still has the B/W sprites up.
Old September 23, 2010, 12:22:28 PM
Kyurem

Just a small bit to say, either someone should edit the Spoiler Tab so it says there are Black and White sprites in it, or someone should tell Sergei to do it, since someone not wanting to see the images may open the spoiler tab not knowing whats in it and may get an unpleasant surprise.

Also, I think that enforcing some sort of rule on spoilering Black and White stuff on the forums, but people should be able to talk about it in the Chatbox without worrying about it. That way, things aren't so hush hush about something pretty much everyone on the site who doesn't worry about spoilers will be talking about.
Old September 26, 2010, 08:17:36 PM
Zoroark

I agree with... everything you just said.
Old September 27, 2010, 09:06:03 AM
Shaymin

@Jason
This has nothing to do with the lawsuit scare. Go look on Serebii, they still have sprites up themselves. It's just about people not wanting to be spoiled.

@PE
I'm pretty sure there's a no signature option in the User CP, if you want use that. Maybe there could be a don't show avatars/profile pictures option added as well?
Old September 27, 2010, 01:57:39 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
@Jason
This has nothing to do with the lawsuit scare. Go look on Serebii, they still have sprites up themselves. It's just about people not wanting to be spoiled.

@PE
I'm pretty sure there's a no signature option in the User CP, if you want use that. Maybe there could be a don't show avatars/profile pictures option added as well?
Actually, it could have something to do with the scare, but I think its common opinion that that wasn't real - Nintendo would never send something like that legitimately. It was just an Anti-Pokémon person wanting to scare Serebii and the others. Very immature on the senders part, anywho.

And yeah, the no sig thing is commonly used. The same can be done for avatars.
Old September 27, 2010, 07:58:30 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
@Jason
When was it against the law to be cautious? Stop hating!
Old October 1, 2010, 03:01:10 PM
Giratina

I had a warning on my signature a while ago, and it said something like "Do not post spoilers about Pokemon B/W without putting it in a spoiler first".

I do agree with the idea of using spoilers AND THEN LETTING PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IT IS before people get spoiled. Being spoiled ruins the fun of surprise.
Old October 2, 2010, 10:28:29 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
I had a warning on my signature a while ago, and it said something like "Do not post spoilers about Pokemon B/W without putting it in a spoiler first".

I do agree with the idea of using spoilers AND THEN LETTING PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IT IS before people get spoiled. Being spoiled ruins the fun of surprise.
It's common courtesy to put what's in the spoiler. If it's B/W news and there's no warning, that person should have it removed... and infracted. There's been enough warning for it.