Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think that a new type or new types will be introduced in X and Y?
Yes 12 63.16%
No 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old April 19, 2013, 12:51:59 PM
Zoroark

Default New type(s) in X and Y?

So we've seen what's been revealed about X and Y so far and lots of people (including me) think that a new type or 2 will be introduced in this generation. There is quite a bit evidence to back this up, but I wanna here what you guys think. Do you think there will be a new type? Answer the poll and discuss below!
Old April 19, 2013, 12:57:19 PM
Administrator

Nah, I'm doubting we'll get a new type...but given Sylveon's type still hasn't been revealed, it sure will be a surprise, so I'm not entirely throwing the possibility out the door.
Old April 23, 2013, 02:00:28 PM
Zoroark

I agree with Cat on this. That could mean a new type, but me and some friends thinks it's gonna have an existing type (Im guessing Dragon, but am probably wrong)
Old April 25, 2013, 08:26:28 PM
Regigigas

Nah. What more could they add? Plasma type?

inb4 Light type is mentioned
Old April 27, 2013, 02:47:25 PM
Zoroark

There's been a rumor floating around about a fairy type. Before you think I'm a crazy person who doesn't know what he's talking about, get this; the person who started the rumor has been right before. Back in the fall of 2012 there were a lot of rumors about what Nintendo had in store. This person mentioned a 3D Mario game for Wii U, which has been confirmed, DK Country Returns 3DS, which has also been confirmed, and mentioned something about the next Pokémon games. The only thing he said that has been disproven so far is that it'd take about 2 more years to complete. His exact quote was, "Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis.A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms.
"(Source: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/su...d-the-next-gen) The stuff in the bold has been confirmed. The guy mentioned how there'd be a new type introduced. This guy's been pretty accurate so far, so it's very likely that a new type will be introduced.

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; April 27, 2013 at 02:48:56 PM.
Old April 27, 2013, 06:03:56 PM
Administrator

That's about as reliable as the prediction I made in 2001 that the next PlayStation console would be called the PS3. It's just looking at Nintendo history and doing basic math.
Old April 27, 2013, 07:49:20 PM
Shaymin

I will be really mad if Gen 6 is mostly new forms, it is gimmicky.
Old April 28, 2013, 09:07:55 AM
Haxorus

I am personally not sure. When I think about it, the only type that comes to mind is light type, which sounds like a cheap rip off the electric type. If another type is added, I just hope it is something weak to poison type.
Old April 28, 2013, 09:35:11 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
I will be really mad if Gen 6 is mostly new forms, it is gimmicky.
Yeah I hope it'll just be 2 or 3. Forms are gimmicky.
Old April 28, 2013, 10:38:22 AM
Charizard

I think there might be a new type. Crystal Type or Light or Fairy Type (There's a crapton of "Fairy Pokemon") would be pretty cool. Maybe a Music Type or something even? I mean there are a couple of Pokemon that have musical traits. Just some thoughts.
Old April 28, 2013, 01:24:07 PM
Shaymin

I wouldn't be okay with a fairy type and... Rock-type pretty much covers Crystal, IMO.
I would be okay with a Sound, Light, or Cyber/Digital type.

There are really not that many types that haven't been covered, and you could make a good group of Pokemon of.
Old April 28, 2013, 03:57:26 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
I wouldn't be okay with a fairy type and... Rock-type pretty much covers Crystal, IMO.
I would be okay with a Sound, Light, or Cyber/Digital type.

There are really not that many types that haven't been covered, and you could make a good group of Pokemon of.
Sound type sounds pretty good, actually. And isn't Psychic already the "Light" type? Honestly, I just think they created Dark to balance out the Psychic type so it won't be OP like in Gen 1.

Ice/Rock = Crystal, me thinks. Good thoughts, good thoughts!