Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Role-Playing in Main - Yey or nay?
Yes, it should be allowed 4 20.00%
No, it should not be allowed 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old October 28, 2010, 12:45:33 PM
Giratina

Default Role-Playing in Main

One thing that's been getting noticed a lot lately is role-playing in the Main chat room. A lot of people don't think it's a problem, and that it's perfectly fine. OTHERS, on the other hand, hate it, and think it shouldn't be allowed. So what do you think?

I think it should be banned from Main, at least. If you wanna RP, RP in Lounge or something, not in the main room. The main room's for general chat, not for nonsense such as RPing.

Now I can hear you saying "But sir, I can't download the chat program!". To that, I say YOU'RE A ****ING MORON. Geez, can't you think of ANY other way to chat with a group of people?! MSN, AIM, *****, is there NOTHING you can get?! Windows computers even come with a basic version of Windows Live Messenger pre-installed, you must have at least ONE other way to RP than spamming our chatroom.
Old October 28, 2010, 01:13:59 PM
Giratina

...People who hate it can go to the Lounge, as it sounds like you're saying more people don't mind it versus the people who hate it.
Old October 28, 2010, 02:33:55 PM
Floatzel

I was talking with Cat a while ago, and he said that one of the features he intends to put in VRC X (X=10) is a dedicated RP room. However, he also said that development on VRC X probably won't begin until January due to it being completely rewritten in a new programming language.

ANYWAYS I don't think it should be allowed. I mean I don't mind it, but sometimes it can alienate people who are using the web version of the chat on either a computer that isn't yours or a non-Windows computer (e.g. a school computer for whatever reason or a Mac respectively).
Old October 28, 2010, 02:40:36 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
The main room's for general chat, not for nonsense such as RPing.
I read RPing as piexing for a second and lol'd.

I heard (read: saw) in the new VRCP super exclusive v9.6 there was an RP room. I ask, why not carry it over the the more public releases?
Old October 28, 2010, 02:41:22 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
...People who hate it can go to the Lounge, as it sounds like you're saying more people don't mind it versus the people who hate it.
The poll says otherwise though.
RPing in main room can be somewhat irritating when people want to talk, and it seems like everything but the RP comes to a standstill. Lounge would be the best place for RPing or as nin suggested any other chatprogram.
Old October 28, 2010, 02:42:03 PM
Haxorus

the closed room should be turned into an rp room
Old October 28, 2010, 03:38:23 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Trident11 View Post
the closed room should be turned into an rp room
The (closed) room can't be turned into a room specifically for RPing.

We have a Serious Roleplaying board for those genuinely interested in this. Since I'm on OS X, I can't go into Lounge, meaning all I see when I look up at the chat is RP chatter that looks like it was ripped from the pages of a stupid shojo comic.
Old October 28, 2010, 04:27:34 PM
Regigigas

Like Lite said about the Serious Roleplaying board, it really should be used more than it is. Only a select few people use it including myself, but other users should be more considerate of people talking in the chat. From what i've heard theres going to be a RP specific section in the chat program's future realease so maybe people should just be a little more patient.
Old October 28, 2010, 04:31:59 PM
Keldeo

Default No Role-Play in Main or Lounge.

I think that Main should be used for conversations and all that, but I would have some serious problems with it though, I'm sure that most people here that don't do Role-plays in main, might leave Victory Road, (I know, I would) But Lounge shouldn't be used as a role-play room as well, since you can chat with others and it won't be lost in the clutter of words all around it, I would vote for a role-play room (or maybe two) in VRC, and it might stop the role-play for a while, and maybe access to a chatbox on site would be helpful, that and /b/uizel. (Of Course I think you should have a number of posts in order to access these rooms.)
Old October 28, 2010, 11:16:23 PM
Giratina

I think that Main should be used for having normal conversations with members, not for RPing. Therefore, I voted for disallowing it over there.

Last edited by Shadow; October 28, 2010 at 11:16:52 PM.
Old October 29, 2010, 08:30:23 AM
Volcarona

If people Role Playing in the main chat, it would be hard for users who just want to have a general talk with other users which makes it chaotic. Therefore I don't think people should Role Play in the chat but instead in the Serious Role Playing forum or there should be a seperate chatroom dedicated to Role Playing.
Old October 29, 2010, 09:47:08 AM
Volcarona

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but anyway, how do I get into the Serious RP boards? Everytime I try to post, I get denied.
Old October 29, 2010, 09:50:13 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but anyway, how do I get into the Serious RP boards? Everytime I try to post, I get denied.
It's basically a board that everyone can see, but not everyone can post in. Cat decided that it should be invite-only, however I really don't think the way he went about doing it(show everyone a big board, but make them ask before posting) was that good, myself. Hopefully he opens it to everyone then if they spam once they get kicked out, instead of the current format.

Anyways, yeah, the RPing gets kinda annoying. 10.0 should fix it, but I think it should be cut down on. I mean, we have the Game Corner RPing board AND the Serious one. If you wanna RP, do it there, not in the Main chatroom, please.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; October 29, 2010 at 09:51:41 AM. Reason: Spelling