Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 12, 2012, 08:57:45 PM
Kyurem

Default I just noticed that my music library is a total mess

So many albums! I guess I really like buying music and putting everything in one basket. No album art for some from bundles kinda ruins it, though.

Anyone else's music library look like a mess (e.g. too many artists, no album art)?
Old December 12, 2012, 09:37:35 PM
Giratina

I can only partially agree with this. My iTunes library is as neat as can be with all my songs neatly packed into proper playlists categorized by when and where I first heard them, and what they're from actually. But my regular music library in one of my Desktop folders? Complete discord. Barely album art to be found anywhere and songs are just thrown all over the place. Some things I have are even tagged improperly, sometimes on purpose. And that's why I only pay attention to my iTunes library, which I'm still trying to organize further.
Old December 12, 2012, 10:14:16 PM
Administrator

I've been ripping CDs, buying random songs off the 'net, and (formerly) recording songs off the radio for around 11 years now. You don't even want to know how messy my folders are, especially with a huge range of formats, bitrates, and tag quality.
Old December 13, 2012, 07:31:06 AM
Haxorus

I have lost track of the amount of playlists I have for the various different types of music I listen to....
Old December 27, 2012, 11:33:02 PM
Shaymin

I purposely take time off free time I get to sort my music together so that I can at least find some song without having to remember the title of the song... Basically. Video Game Music is sorted with the Artist being the Publisher and the Album being a game.
So an example is the Ending Credits from HeartGold/SoulSilver. The Album is Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, and the Artist is Nintendo. That sort of thing.

Basically two Artists rule my Music folder. "Nintendo" and "Random"

The Random one has a bunch of weird songs I decided didn't need an artist for me to find... or had a really REALLY obscure artist where I just said "Screw it."
Old December 28, 2012, 03:08:35 AM
Giratina

I just got this new laptop during Christmas, so I honestly don't have any music at all All I do is search songs up on Youtube anyways so I don't think I will be downloading much at all...