Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media > My Little Pony

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 8, 2013, 12:01:19 PM
Administrator

Default MLP TV movie confirmed!

During the Toy Faire 2013 event, Hasbro showcased their future plans for many of their franchises. Of these, we got confirmation that there will be a TV release movie for My Little Pony. Details are still scarce at this point, but the fact we got confirmation there will be a movie is pretty awesome.

In addition, we also got this interesting bit:
Quote:
Whoa! Mr. Frascotti acknowledged “Bronies”; thanked them for being great fans. My Little Pony TV Movie announced. He also mentioned that there will be a New IP for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. This new IP is for Older Girls; Teenage and above. The name of the IP will be revealed at a special “Pink Carpet Event” at San Diego Comic Con 2013. My best guess is that this is the rumored “Equestria Girls” trademark.
Hmm, a pony spin-off targeted to older audiences?

Source: Equestria Daily

Last edited by Yoshi648; February 8, 2013 at 12:02:48 PM.
Old February 8, 2013, 12:08:23 PM
Administrator

Hmm, this could work, but it's definitely a risk. Movies of TV series tend to be last ditch efforts, especially if sequels are involved in the future. Of course, Friendship is Magic has already done four specials, so I guess it's not too far-fetched.
Old February 8, 2013, 12:42:45 PM
Regigigas

I had suspicions a while back as to why there were only 13 episodes in Season 3. I'm so happy they have confirmed my suspicions, but I hope the older teenage girls thing doesn't skew it too much off the path that it's not FiM anymore.

Basically, Hasbro, you've got the opportunity to deliver a good movie. Just don't screw it up.
Old February 8, 2013, 03:56:56 PM
Regigigas

The only real issues I can see with a MLP spin-off targeted for older audiences is that it would either have new characters that we wouldn't like, or it would be too full of brony-related media that we'd feel as though it was an attempt at pandering to the older demographic.
Other than that, everything else sounds pretty neat.