Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 28, 2012, 06:30:42 PM
Volcarona

Default 1.5 Redstone Update

In case you hadn't heard, Redstone is getting a massive overhaul, including new circuitry components (notably a capacitor) and mechanics, functional, useful rail systems, some sort of allocator block (nb4 Shade says something about mods), and the possibility of a new, perhaps nether-specific ore that the dimension itself direly needs.

Pretty cool stuff, but no good deed goes unpunished. For redstone enthusiasts such as myself, it'll mess up the timings and, even worse, mess up the BUD switches. For anyone who's visited my base, I use those things everywhere. Hopefully a BUD block will be implemented. It'd certainly compact my 'retina scanner' doors quite a bit. My redstone-to-obsidian transmuter wouldn't be easy to fix.

Even so, I'm looking foreward to it. What are ya'lls thoughts on it?
Old November 29, 2012, 02:53:22 AM
Charizard

Can't wait, even though I already struggle at using redstone I'm sure I could learn eventually
Old November 29, 2012, 09:52:53 AM
Volcarona

Where did you obtain such information because I can't find it on any of the official sources I know of.

If true, It'd be interesting to see how already existing contraptions are affected.
Old November 29, 2012, 12:09:04 PM
Giratina

*sees "1.5" and "redstone"*
Just had to click on the thread (that and this is part of the board I moderate over).

I haven't really worked too heavily with Redstone, so I won't be affected by all the updates too much. Probably should wait until 1.5 to make any contraptions, however.

Also, isbragg, click here. It has a video taken at Minecon where Jeb and friends announced 1.5 and the changes.
Old December 16, 2012, 05:13:47 AM
Regigigas

*inserts obligatory "MODS" *

Yes, the allocator does sound cool, mainly useful for sorting items into chests. It's about time they start adding a bit of automation to vanilla. I'm actually hoping this update implements at least a few things from the RedPower mod [at least the Timer circuit, which would make redstone clocks obsolete], since if the allocators work like in the mod version, they will require a redstone pulse to operate.

A very fast sorting machine made using allocators