Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old January 14, 2013, 06:37:36 PM
Shaymin

Default Starter Types Announced

According to Serebii, it has been confirmed that Fennekin, Chespin and Froakie are pure Fire, Grass and Water-types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serebii.net
Nintendo has sent out some new details regarding Pokémon X & Y. Specifically, it has confirmed that the types of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie will be pure Grass, Fire and Water respectively.
Now, don't let this get to your heads. Only the base evolution types were announced. It's still possible for their evolution to gain another type. What do you think, is such a thing still possible?
Old January 15, 2013, 03:19:20 AM
Giratina

That would be fine with me if they're all pure fire, water, grass. We've had each already at least once. Blastoise (water), Sceptile (grass), Typhlosion (fire) and many more. Those are all pretty neat pokemon, and I'm sure it'll be pretty neat when the secondary and final evolutions come out too! I can't wait to see what they turn out to be.
Old January 15, 2013, 06:30:55 AM
Rayquaza

That doesn't remove the chance of them being double type. I am confident that at least the fire starter will gain another type, and I do hope all three of them get another type, since single types these days can't compete much.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; January 16, 2013 at 05:52:29 AM.
Old January 15, 2013, 11:13:33 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
That doesn't remove the chance of them being double type. I am confident that at least the fire starter will gain another type, and I do hope all three of them get another type, since single types these days can compete much.
Indeed. I just hope that I won't be seeing yet another Fire/Fighting type again, even if there is a theme going on.
Old January 16, 2013, 02:12:20 AM
Keldeo

I think the starters becoming duel types that form anouther type triangle would be pretty cool and interesting, have it go the other way around so grass isn't weak to the fire type and what not.