Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 12, 2013, 09:35:48 PM
Kyurem

Default Pokémon X and Y v1.2 [mandatory for online functions]

Pokémon X and Y update version 1.2 is now made available. Check out the eShop - your region doesn't matter.

Quote:
1.2 Change Log (December 13th):
Fixes an occasional bug causing Pokémon not to learn new moves after evolving through Wonder Trade.
Fixes an occasional bug where certain captions for Trainer PR Videos were not unlocked in Lumiose City.
Updates an Internet communication issue.

1.1 Change Log (October 25th):
Prevents the occurrence of a rare issue in which players are unable to resume playing after saving their game in certain areas of Lumiose City. More info Players already affected by this issue will also be able to resume playing normally after downloading and installing this update data.
Prevents errors which sometimes occur when using certain functions of the GTS (a feature allowing players all around the world to exchange Pokémon).
This patch should allow everyone to participate in Rating Battles again. This patch is also mandatory for online play from now on.
Old December 12, 2013, 10:04:46 PM
Keldeo

Glad they decided to take care of this. I was not looking forward to battling people with the possibility of Battle Analyzers floating around.
Old December 12, 2013, 10:43:50 PM
Administrator

Oh good, no more cheating.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 12, 2013 at 10:44:59 PM.
Old December 12, 2013, 11:51:56 PM
Kyurem

It's a bit unfortunate that there's a bit of collateral damage when it comes to the patch, but I'd rather have a cheat-free game.
Old December 13, 2013, 11:12:16 AM
Kyurem

You know, i think i battled someone once that used this battle analizer thing. He did take awhile to make a move, it took us 30mins just to complete a 3v3 match on battle spot.
Old December 13, 2013, 04:20:35 PM
Charizard

What exactly IS a battle analyzer?
Old December 13, 2013, 04:45:37 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFire1337 View Post
What exactly IS a battle analyzer?
What read about it, it made your opponet know what attacks you pick for your pokemon during a online battle. For example you had a fire-type use ember, your opponet i believe uses the battle analyer to know u used ember and then do something like switch out to another pokemon to take less damage. I also read that your opponet will know your Stats, Evs, Ivs, and all that stuff. So pretty much its pokemons True Hack. (kinda like Playstation and Xbox have)
Old December 13, 2013, 11:03:42 PM
Administrator

The opponent was capable of seeing your entire team, as well as each Pokémon's moves, stats, and held item.
Old December 14, 2013, 11:45:12 AM
Charizard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
What read about it, it made your opponet know what attacks you pick for your pokemon during a online battle. For example you had a fire-type use ember, your opponet i believe uses the battle analyer to know u used ember and then do something like switch out to another pokemon to take less damage. I also read that your opponet will know your Stats, Evs, Ivs, and all that stuff. So pretty much its pokemons True Hack. (kinda like Playstation and Xbox have)
Oh that's not right. I'm so glad that Game Freak fixed that. No one needs to have that kind of foresight (no move pun intended) about a battle. This removes the very core and essence of what a Pokemon battle is. A Pokemon battle is about skill, being able to use type advantages and fight through type disadvantages with your knowledge and ability as a trainer. It's not about having a machine do that for you. So like I said, I'm glad GF fixed it.
Old December 15, 2013, 12:07:46 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFire1337 View Post
Oh that's not right. I'm so glad that Game Freak fixed that. No one needs to have that kind of foresight (no move pun intended) about a battle. This removes the very core and essence of what a Pokemon battle is. A Pokemon battle is about skill, being able to use type advantages and fight through type disadvantages with your knowledge and ability as a trainer. It's not about having a machine do that for you. So like I said, I'm glad GF fixed it.
Its like GameFreak used "FutureSight" to know that they would should fix this. Good thing though, now we can use Zoroark without anybody knowing its him. (unless they figure it out anyways)
Old December 15, 2013, 12:10:00 AM
Administrator

I'm actually surprised how many times I've been fooled by Zoroark, both in actual battles and in the Battle Institute/Maison. The worst part of the latter is that they tend to see through the guise. (Illustrate a Ghost type and see what happens.)