Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 31, 2010, 08:29:05 PM
Floatzel

Exclamation Slowpoke Well T0urnament: Rule Discussion and Brackets

Here's the bracket! The tournament will be on April 24th, and this topic will close on the 17th

Bottom section of round 2 will be Round Robin style
And here we are to discuss the rules! Additions, Removals, Changes, whatever you think is needed for the rules is here!
The current rules:
1.No Legendary Pokemon allowed with the exception of Phione. Along with this, you may only have one of any pokemon species on your team.
2. No cheating or hacking!
3. Pokemon MUST be Lv.70 or lower and battles are level 50-set.
4. If you A) Are 10 minutes late for your battle or B) Disconnect 3 times NO MATTER THE REASON, you are disqualified
5.You may only have one status-changing move per pokemon on your team. Sleep Clause is applied.
6. One of the two people in the battle must tell me in the C Box who won the battle after it's over, and this will go on the honesty rule. If I notice a disagreement, I will review the team and based off of type weaknesses, determine the winner.

Last edited by Sphinx; April 19, 2010 at 08:18:21 PM.
Old April 1, 2010, 05:36:41 PM
Giratina

So wait, let me get this straight,

you can only have a single status move on your team?
But, let's say, Jolteon hits a pokemon with a thunder-bolt and then paralyzes it, then say, a milotic hit a different pokemon with ice beam and freezes it.

Would two moves with status afflicting side-effects be ban? Because you can't help being lucky with those moves....
Old April 1, 2010, 06:50:02 PM
Floatzel

No, that combo is fine. BUT, say Jolteon hits a Lapras with Thunder and paralyzes it, then does that to another pokemon while the Lapras is still paralyzed.
Old April 1, 2010, 07:47:25 PM
Keldeo

Thats kidna a useless clause. Sleep is really the only overpowered status ailment sooo....
Old April 1, 2010, 08:08:24 PM
Floatzel

I guess I'll change it to Freeze and Sleep clause
Old April 1, 2010, 08:30:40 PM
Giratina

I would get rid of freeze clause because there are no moves that cause freezing,
so its kinda random when a pokemon freezes.
Old April 2, 2010, 07:17:08 AM
Charizard

April 24th...still pretty far away...you should definitely PM everyone as a reminder a few days ahead of time.
Old April 4, 2010, 05:05:31 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyvernSphinx View Post
The current rules:
1.No Legendary Pokemon allowed with the exception of Phione.(You should change that to no ubers, check smogon.com) Along with this, you may only have one of any pokemon species on your team.
2. No cheating or hacking!
3. Pokemon MUST be Lv.70 or lower and battles are level 50-set. (Why must they be level 70 or lower? Setting the battle to fixed level-50, it will automatically lower or raise a pokemon to level 50)
4. If you A) Are 10 minutes late for your battle or B) Disconnect 3 times NO MATTER THE REASON, you are disqualified
5.You may only have one status-changing move per pokemon on your team. Sleep Clause and Freeze Clause are applied. (Freeze clause should be removed because there are no moves the directly cause freeze, so it would be random whether or not a pokemon gets frozen)
6. One of the two people in the battle must record a video of it (with VS Recorder, put the video number in the tournament room of the chat program). If neither records a video, both are disqualified
Comments are in parenthesis and under lined.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; April 4, 2010 at 05:06:42 PM.
Old April 7, 2010, 05:08:26 PM
Kyurem

I think we should PM you the results of a battle. We don't want people peeking at the videos and learning teams.
Old April 10, 2010, 12:46:16 PM
Kyurem

When is your guys next tournament? Sorry if i ask this here but i don't know where to ask this stuff at yet so you know, move this post if you must, but let me know where it goes in a pm so i can post there.

Last edited by Buizel456; April 23, 2010 at 09:53:56 PM. Reason: Grammar/Spelling.
Old April 10, 2010, 07:47:34 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Whens your guys next tournament? Sorry if i ask this here but i dont know where to ask this stuff at yet so you know, move this post if you must but let me know where it goes in a pm so i can post there.
Well, the next tournament is the main tournament of April. Tourneys are always the last Saturday or Sunday of a month, and sign-ups usually appear about half-way throught the month. Go to the tourney section and look for the thread for this month's tourney to learn about it. It is Gen. 3 Pokemon only.