Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

 
 
  #1  
Old January 8, 2013, 03:52:07 AM
Magmaster12's Avatar
Magmaster12 Magmaster12 is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: You would know
Posts: 4,960
Default Storyline

What do you guys think the story line for the game might be about, like what would the villian's team goal be, what will your rival's back story be, ect.
  #2  
Old January 8, 2013, 08:29:15 AM
TediousRamen's Avatar
TediousRamen TediousRamen is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 100
Default

There's not nearly enough information to speculate on this. Coming up with ideas you want to see in the series is more like fanfiction than predicting.
  #3  
Old January 12, 2013, 04:48:38 AM
Magmaster12's Avatar
Magmaster12 Magmaster12 is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: You would know
Posts: 4,960
Default

Then that makes it a better chance to speculate then.

I think there might be two evil teams, each them will be going after Xerneas and Yveltal separately. Who ever captures either pokemon will be able able to control large sums of pokmon that are there decedents. The teams goal is to make a giant army of pokemon to take over the world.
  #4  
Old January 12, 2013, 09:33:25 AM
hinorashi's Avatar
hinorashi hinorashi is offline
Zoroark
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mahogany Town
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Then that makes it a better chance to speculate then.

I think there might be two evil teams, each them will be going after Xerneas and Yveltal separately. Who ever captures either pokemon will be able able to control large sums of pokmon that are there decedents. The teams goal is to make a giant army of pokemon to take over the world.
Cool fanfiction.
  #5  
Old January 12, 2013, 09:34:31 AM
TediousRamen's Avatar
TediousRamen TediousRamen is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Then that makes it a better chance to speculate then.

I think there might be two evil teams, each them will be going after Xerneas and Yveltal separately. Who ever captures either pokemon will be able able to control large sums of pokmon that are there decedents. The teams goal is to make a giant army of pokemon to take over the world.
Well since you're speculating I suppose you have some evidence then.
  #6  
Old January 12, 2013, 09:39:09 AM
Magmaster12's Avatar
Magmaster12 Magmaster12 is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: You would know
Posts: 4,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TediousRamen View Post
Well since you're speculating I suppose you have some evidence then.
Well I'm basing it off the theme of the game, seriously what's wrong with that?
  #7  
Old January 12, 2013, 11:12:41 AM
PureAurorae's Avatar
PureAurorae PureAurorae is offline
Haxorus
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 444
Default

To the people who are having a go at Mag, the whole point of this thread is what you THINK the games storyline might be about.
  #8  
Old January 12, 2013, 12:52:44 PM
PokeRemixStudio's Avatar
PokeRemixStudio PokeRemixStudio is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,222
Default

Since virtually nothing has been revealed, aside from two legendaries, starters, and non-sequitur footage, I believe it's safe to THINK that the storyline involves magical munchkins. Who try to capture the lengendaries with their psychic powers. It could be anything at this point.
  #9  
Old January 12, 2013, 12:54:07 PM
hinorashi's Avatar
hinorashi hinorashi is offline
Zoroark
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mahogany Town
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
To the people who are having a go at Mag, the whole point of this thread is what you THINK the games storyline might be about.
If it has no basis to be presumpted, it fails to be an educated guess when you're making up characters, teams, professors, et al. You have invented a plot and character: this is a fanfiction. This is not my opinion, it is a fact. If anyone wants to take arms, declare a crusade on logic and reality.

Seeing a vase knocked over, creating a character named George Smith who's an alien from Mars who broke into your house to break it, and getting mortally offended when anyone holds this suspect might be what you think, but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Then that makes it a better chance to speculate then.
A lack of evidence doesn't make a crime easier to solve by filling in the blanks with your choosing.

Last edited by hinorashi; January 12, 2013 at 12:54:48 PM.
  #10  
Old January 12, 2013, 01:10:09 PM
TediousRamen's Avatar
TediousRamen TediousRamen is offline
Charizard
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Well I'm basing it off the theme of the game, seriously what's wrong with that?
No, you're basing it off a motif.

That'd be like predicting Black and White would be about reruns of I Love Lucy because it uses Black and White as motifs.

The theme, however, is the central topic of the story and, I'm assuming you've played Black and White, the theme to Black and White was not about monochrome sitcoms.
  #11  
Old January 12, 2013, 01:15:49 PM
Reuniclus's Avatar
Reuniclus Reuniclus is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Desert...help me
Posts: 3,300
Default

Guys, this isn't a thread for a debate. Take it somewhere else. *locks*
  #12  
Old July 13, 2013, 01:52:19 PM
Reuniclus's Avatar
Reuniclus Reuniclus is offline
Moderator

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Desert...help me
Posts: 3,300
Default

Alright, I've opened this thread up for anyone who wants to speculate what the Storyline will be.

Just a reminder that this is a speculation thread. Critically going against one's thoughts or opinions will result in this thread being closed again.
  #13  
Old July 13, 2013, 02:08:56 PM
Tarellethiel's Avatar
Tarellethiel Tarellethiel is offline
Floatzel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 194
Default

Well then, time to have my brain spew out nonsense that's just plausible to listen to...
But in all seriousness, the legendaries have been revealed to be the pokémon of "Life" and "Destruction". Wow. They went from Time and Space to Yin and Yang to Life and Death. Additionally, there is finally a death god in the pokémon world, so I have even more reason to be mad when people use Giratina in fanfiction to represent the Grim Reaper just because its a Ghost-type.
That, in my opinion, means something big story-wise. Kalos has been stated to be a region teeming with natural beauty. Also, the species designation of "Destruction Pokémon" can mean more than a child-friendly mask for "Death Pokémon". Perhaps Kalos was a region filled with natural beauty, Fairies, and Grass-types in addition to the standard type distributions of the world. However, Team Flare, the task force of a rising company, is beginning to pollute the ecosystem in order to further industry and make more money. This massive surge of destruction and death drew the Death God, Yveltal, to the region. Little did they know, but the Life Goddess Xerneas dwells in a forest in Kalos. She rises up against Death to save her world. In the great conflict between Life and Death, Team Flare is planning to capture both pokémon to sell on the black market or some such thing. The hero(ine) of the game must both calm the conflict between the Legendaries and stop Team Flare before it's too late. But a new force is also rising. Pokémon Z has been awakened by the great battle, and it will not stop until it has achieved its goal...
Naturally, Pokémon Z would not have much of a part in the story of X or Y, waiting until Z is released to strike.
  #14  
Old July 14, 2013, 07:41:14 AM
Magmaster12's Avatar
Magmaster12 Magmaster12 is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: You would know
Posts: 4,960
Default

I'm pretty sure Xerneas and Yveltal are base off of Norse Mythology since they're both of European origin.

According to Wikipedia.
Quote:
Creatures live within Yggdrasil, including the wyrm (dragon) Níđhöggr, an unnamed eagle, and the stags Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraţrór.
They're supposed to represent life and death similar to Xerneas and Yveltal.
Expect Pokemon Z to be a Serpent by the way.

Yggdrasil also seems to already be made into a pokemon as well, Oorotto the Grass/Ghost Tree that hasn't been officially revealed.
  #15  
Old July 14, 2013, 08:31:50 AM
RotomGuy's Avatar
RotomGuy RotomGuy is offline
Celebi
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Woop.
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
I'm pretty sure Xerneas and Yveltal are base off of Norse Mythology since they're both of European origin.

According to Wikipedia.


They're supposed to represent life and death similar to Xerneas and Yveltal.
Expect Pokemon Z to be a Serpent by the way.

Yggdrasil also seems to already be made into a pokemon as well, Oorotto the Grass/Ghost Tree that hasn't been officially revealed.
Is that Grass/Ghost eventually confirmed to be revealed? I want that type combination so badly.

Also, I think Team Flare will attempt to catch and sell the legendaries to another villainous team.
  #16  
Old December 1, 2013, 07:43:38 PM
Magmaster12's Avatar
Magmaster12 Magmaster12 is offline
Rayquaza
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: You would know
Posts: 4,960
Default

It's been almost two months and it's given me time to think about the game.

I really did enjoy it a lot but I was pretty surprised critics bashed the game for it's story line. Personally, I think the story line to BW is incredibly overrated, N and Team Plasma want to liberate Pokemon! Why? Because apparently trainers we never really see are bad to there pokemon! It felt incredibly one sided to me which is why I do give the plot to BW2 some credit, Hugh's backstory actually and Ghetsis having remaining followers just made more sense to me.

But XY's story?
Um is there any real story at all?

Team Flare's leader Lysandre, has zero motivation or backstory what so ever he's just going with this random plan to destroy the world because he is angry for what ever reason. Cyrus is probably my favorite character because at least they were subtle about him and his own back story. In XY Lysandre is just there because this game needs a conflict, but the time we spend with him feels pointless and a waste becuase its just hard to care. And then half way through the story line they introduce a new character AZ out of no where and we're supposed to feel so emotion for this character and what's happened to him as if it's supposed to be the one big plot twist. To bad you need a proper introduction and subtly before you can actually establish something like that.

Finally there's Diantha. My god not only is she the most bland, mary sue like, and boring champion ever but she is also easy. When I saw Diantha I figured she would either be the champion or the villain team leader. Although I do have to admit I was caught off guard since the game itself seems to admit you forgot her two second cameo in the way beginning of the game! At least other champions have done something, but Diantha does jack squat, E4 member Malva has a better back story then her!

So yeah while this game has some really good features the storyline is REALLY bad compared to previous games, like they're even saving their good story idea for the third game now!

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 1, 2013 at 07:44:09 PM.
  #17  
Old December 1, 2013, 09:14:40 PM
TurtwigX's Avatar
TurtwigX TurtwigX is offline
Giratina
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Strawberry Field- permanent stay
Posts: 3,088
Default

While I agree with you on that X and Y's story was trash, you're wrong about Black and White's story. It was never about N or Team Plasma, it was about Ghetsis's 15 year plan to raise a robot to summon legendary Pokémon and to convince the entire region to relinquish their Pokémon, becoming ruler of the world. It was pretty complex compared to BW2's.

My problem with X and Y is the total disregard of story. The game focuses on its new elements and how battling is enhanced. Characters get bland introductions and bland roles unless they have something to do with battling, like Leader Korrina. She is the most interesting character because of her frequent appearances long before you even get to battle with her. Then after you do, you battle with her again but this time to show off Mega Evolution. Everything else was bland and dropped in. I can barely remember anything about the gym leaders, Elite 4 members, or anything else. I only felt close to Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, and Serena because of how often they appeared.
  #18  
Old December 2, 2013, 03:46:06 AM
Dragonite's Avatar
Dragonite Dragonite is offline
Keldeo
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Your refrigerator.
Posts: 1,095
Default

Wait, X and Y had a storyline?

No, I'm not kidding.

So this dude named Lysandre who looks like he could be Alder's cousin shows up and gives us the Holo Caster thing at the beginning. Fair enough. Then he keeps on showing up, and introducing some different random characters who may or may not have even been named, and I'm like, "Oy, can you just go away and get on with the game already? You're not doing anything, you don't have anything interesting to say, now please just let me gawk at the game's graphics in peace!" So we finally get to move on, and there are some minor and seemingly random blips in the peace like the thing with the Power Plant and the Poké Ball Factory. And then sometime around the 7th Gym it turns out that . . . oh wait, that orange triangular guy was the plot? What? Really? I thought he was just some kind of weird artist or something, the way he kept talking about beauty, not a villian who would take over the game if he had a chance!

And then there was the thing with the Champion, Diantha. "I remember you," she says. "What? No you don't. I've never seen you before. You must be thinking of someone else," was my first reaction. And then I watch someone play the game, and I remember who Diantha is. "Oh wait . . . I do remember you. From all the way back by the FIRST Gym Badge. You appeared for like a minute in a half, in total, in Lumoise and Couramine. They might as well have made Professor Sycamore's assistant the Champion, for all that one had to do with the story. I liked it better when people like Lance and Cynthia and N/Alder/maybe Iris were Champion, since they actually had a role in the game (or, in Iris' case, the prequel) so that we at least remember who they looked like.

tl:dr don't made fun of the plot in X and Y, make fun of the fact that someone had the nerve to publish a game without a plot.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 17, 2014 at 08:04:37 PM.
  #19  
Old December 7, 2013, 03:44:36 PM
Sub-zero's Avatar
Sub-zero Sub-zero is offline
Regigigas
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lin Kuei Temple, Arctika
Posts: 754
Default

Lol, everyone just forget about it's story. There's no story, bland characters, and waaay to kiddy friendly with the new Exp. Share mechanic. Team Flare is pretty much the blandest team out there. Worse than Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua's use of Pokemon.

Eh, I didn't like BW's story, either. I mean, I loved Ghetsis' theme and his background, but the story revolved around him twice. It was pretty good in BW, but BW2.. Neh. COLRESS, is where it should've been at in BW2. And it was, but he was still character no. 2.

Still think Emerald had it best with interaction with the villains and the legendary Pokemon. Cyrus comes close since his character was explained well which is where Magma/Aqua pales in comparison. (Manga terms, Magma/Aqua wins, hands down.
 
Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Victory Road ©2006 - 2018, Scott Cat333Pokémon Cheney
Theme by A'bom and Cat333Pokémon