Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 6, 2012, 10:11:08 PM
Charizard

Default GTS discussion thread

Hello everyone!

Ever had an interesting trade on the GTS before?
Or some awesome Pokémon who got snatched by someone else just at the last second?
Or finally got that Pokémon you've been wanting for a long time?

If so, this thread is for you!
Post any interesting stories about the GTS!
(Even if you think it isn't that interesting, do post anyway; we never know )

When I first got access to the GTS in Diamond, I spent houuuuuuurs there, you'd never believe it.
I did random trades all the times just for the sake of trading, and it was fun.

At the time, the only event-only legendaries I had were all Gameshark'd from Gen III since I had no other way of obtaining them.
So I was thrilled when I could obtain legitimate event Pokémon from the GTS.

I think the first event Pokémon I got from the GTS was MT BATA Ho-oh (French version of MATTLE Ho-oh, technically not an event Pokémon, but I count it as one.)
Then I got several Aura Mew and some CHANNEL Jirachi and I was very happy about it.
Interestingly never came across a MYSTRY Mew.

Then several months later, I heard that there was a Milotic event in Japan (Saikyou Milotic, for those interested.)
I learned that it came without a Classic Ribbon, so I headed to the GTS.
Managed to snatch one and loved it to death.
I remember that it had the wrong date tag on it, said it was obtained on November 22nd 2007. The original owner must have had the wrong date set on their DS when they obtained it.

First thing I did was teach it Ice Beam + Surf, went at Stark Mountain and stayed there for a while, grinding Milotic against the wild Pokémon in there.
I remember it went pretty fast, but it was also incredibly fun.

Sadly, I don't have that Milotic anymore. :/

Another thing I did as well, back in the days I spent my internet time on another Pokémon forum.
We started a thread there with the intent to obtain a Celebi from Colosseum, then clone it tons of time with the GTS and give them away to people from that forum.
Was my very first time cloning Pokémon, and I actually believed that it could corrupt my save file (>_>)
Ended up having many of these Celebi and gave them away, was pretty nice.

Talking about cloning, I had found a shiny Oddish like a day before my birthday in 2008.
Once I evolved it into Gloom, I cloned it with the GTS so I could have both shiny Vileplume and shiny Bellossom. Good times

Last edited by Pingouin7; August 6, 2012 at 10:14:10 PM.
Old August 7, 2012, 01:34:03 AM
Administrator

I rarely see much fair and legit stuff on the GTS anymore, so I might as well not mention most of the shiny hacks I saw on there or the people wanting level < 9 Mew. Way back in the spring of '07, I got a fair trade of a Dialga for a Palkia, but someody sniped it before the trade went through.
Old August 7, 2012, 03:32:57 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I rarely see much fair and legit stuff on the GTS anymore, so I might as well not mention most of the shiny hacks I saw on there or the people wanting level < 9 Mew. Way back in the spring of '07, I got a fair trade of a Dialga for a Palkia, but someody sniped it before the trade went through.
Many of those post suck requirements not because they want them, but because they know these are impossible to get. Thus they have more time to clone their Pokémon.

As for me, I used it the most in Platinum, when I completed the National Dex. The GTS provided me with many legends as well as unobtainable Pokémon and starters. After Platinum though, I didn't bother to use it.

The most interesting trade I received was a legitimate, shiny Ho-oh. It was splendid.
Old August 7, 2012, 01:01:05 PM
Charizard

Whenever I spent time on the GTS, mostly all I did was look at the event Pokémon and try and snatch them.

Since Celebi and Jirachi were mostly people trading their Gameshark'd Pokémon, I would keep putting them back up on the GTS for another Celebi/Jirachi until I obtained one from Colosseum or a 10 ANIV one.

Sucks that nowadays, I have very little reasons to want to trade on Wi-Fi/GTS, seeing as I can obtain pretty much any event by myself.

But yeah, @ Spirit of Time, shiny Ho-oh is a very nice shiny.
Old August 7, 2012, 03:58:28 PM
Landorus

The only thing I never understand is why people want < 9 Ledgendaries nowadays. It's ridiculous and you won't get anything from it.
Really all that gets from you is that you waste your time.
But that's just my opinion about things.
Old August 7, 2012, 06:11:53 PM
Charizard

I know right.
This is why I find Black/White's GTS much less enjoyable than Diamond/Pearl's.

Back in D/P, I rarely saw any of these trades asking for random Lv. 9 and under legendaries (And when I did, they asked for like Jirachi, which is perfectly possible at Lv. 5)
There was also the occasional person asking for Lv. 9 and under Mew, but nothing too bad.

However, in Black/White, if you look at pretty much any legendary Pokémon, every single person asks for Zekrom or Reshiram Lv. 9 and under :L
Old August 7, 2012, 06:17:31 PM
Regigigas

I dont use GTS unless im designing a team
Old August 8, 2012, 02:21:07 AM
Rayquaza

As I told you guys, the reason they ask for such impossible wants is that because they know people can't afford them. Therefore, they can have more time to clone the Pokémon they have put there.
Old August 8, 2012, 10:34:04 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
As I told you guys, the reason they ask for such impossible wants is that because they know people can't afford them. Therefore, they can have more time to clone the Pokémon they have put there.
But that makes no sense, seeing as cloning through the GTS is impossible in B/W.
Old August 8, 2012, 11:28:23 AM
Giratina

I was able to get a Japanese Ditto from a British person. It only cost me my normal Ditto. Seems like a fair trade, maybe even a bit redundant.
Old August 9, 2012, 02:55:32 AM
Kyurem

One thing I've noticed that I usually get better luck at getting a trade through if I offer Pokémon instead of seeking them.
Old August 9, 2012, 05:20:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
One thing I've noticed that I usually get better luck at getting a trade through if I offer Pokémon instead of seeking them.
This times 100. In fact, I was just about to say something similar to this. Instead of trying to change my search specifics for an hour trying to find someone who's offering a Deino for something that's actually possible, I decided to offer up my Metang for a Deino and two days later (next time I checked the GTS), someone had taken my offer and I had a Deino.