Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 23, 2012, 06:04:36 PM
Servine

Question Error Code 86420 on Black/White

Okay. So I really don't have to re-write everything I'm having issues with with my WiFi connectivity via Pokemon Black, so the following is the post I made on the Nintendo Tech Support Forums (with no help after 2 weeks).

I've been trying to both use my Game Sync, and connect with friends via the WiFi Club, but keep getting error messages. I'm using my new 3DS to connect to the internet, and it seems to be working just fine (including other Pokemon Black features, such as Random Matchup, GTS, etc...). It only seems to be these two things giving me issues. I've actually been having these issues since November with my DS Lite, before I transferred my connection settings to the 3DS. I had no problems before then, constantly putting my Pokemon to sleep and waking them up again. I don't have any problems with any of the other devices I've used my router for (2 Laptops, 2 other DS Lites, and a Nintendo Wii). I know how to change my Router's settings to work with my DS Lite, and my 3DS can use the WPA/WPA2 connection like the Laptops and Wii. My router will only accept one connection type at a time (I've changed it multiple times to WEP to work with the DS Lites). Just recently, I decided to trade a friend with his game using the Wifi Club. We kept getting error code 86420. When 3DS is entered as the system, it says that it could not connect to the internet (which is most obviously not it). When DS Lite is entered as the system, it says there was a problem connecting between the two people, and listed some suggestions to help. We know that it's not his game/internet that's causing the problems, as he's been trading and battling with other people. I've tried disabling my router's firewall, and forwarding my ports, as suggested. Still without any luck. I've also tried manually connecting with the router, entering each individual field that may be useful to help connecting easier [(DNS (Primary and Secondary), MTU value, Subnet Mask, etc...]. Again, nothing. The only thing I haven't tried to do is filter Mac addresses, which I'm honestly not sure how to do, though I've found the settings page for it. (Yes, I know how to get to my 3DS's Mac address.)
I'm using a Belkin Router, model F7D5301v1; if that helps.

Is there anyone that could help me? Especially in a most convienient form of step-by-step? I'd be very much obliged.

Last edited by Ditto616; July 23, 2012 at 06:22:03 PM.
Old July 23, 2012, 08:16:57 PM
Giratina

There is another member who is having issues with this same error. The issues with connecting with friends could be their router and not yours. As for Game Sync, it could be due to Nintendo's server acting up for Game Sync, but not for random wi-fi battles. It's possible that Nintendo is changing up their servers for the English release of B2W2 which is causing stability issues with their internet services.
Old July 23, 2012, 10:42:57 PM
Servine

I've seen that thread before, though it wasn't quite any help...
It's interesting that you have that theory, because I've been having Game Sync issues since November 2012... <_<
But thanks for the incite...