Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 3, 2012, 09:41:36 AM
Kyurem

Default Hailey Begins Her Journey

Hailey was using her computer up in her room in Oldoak town. She looked out the window. She could see the Pokemon Lab from there. She thought about how she had heard late last night that the Pokemon Professor recently received a shipment of starter Pokemon. 'Oh, I've always wanted to become a trainer,' she thought, 'This is my perfect chance! I hope he has something cute!'

She stood up, and proceeded to walk downstairs into the living room, and to the front door. "I'll be right back, I'm just heading out to the Pokemon Lab." She then opened the door and walked outside.
Old September 3, 2012, 02:57:53 PM
Shaymin

Outside the House:
Hailey's house was relativity close to the lab. It was about 3 houses away. It wouldn't be a long walk, and it was better that it was sunny out. It was a little windy too. Above in the sky there was a large brown bird, a Fearow, flying high.It was flying against the wind. A small dirt pathway lead from Hailey's house to the Lab.
Old September 3, 2012, 03:23:22 PM
Kyurem

Hailey walked slowly down the path, watching in awe at the various bird Pokemon flying overhead. There seemed to be more of them than usual today. When she got to the lab, she opened the door slowly and poked her head in. "Hello...? Is anyone there?"
Old September 3, 2012, 05:11:38 PM
Shaymin

There was a man that was really young on the far side of the room. We was writing something down in the his book. There were many scribbles in there. At the sound of her polite voice, he turned around. Storax stood up from his stool and looked at Hailey. "Well hello!" He said with a smile, but monotone. His smile was charming. "Who are you, ma'am?"
Old September 3, 2012, 05:47:33 PM
Kyurem

All of Hailey's shyness disappeared when the Professor greeted her. She stepped inside and closed the door behind her. "I'm Hailey McIntyre," she said with a smile. She bowed slightly upon saying this; having lived in Japan for a few years, it had become second nature to her. "I take it you're the Pokemon Professor?"
Old September 3, 2012, 06:59:44 PM
Shaymin

"Indeed, I am Professor Storax. It is nice to meet you, Hailey." The Professor walked form the stool that he standing next to to Hailey. "I heard that you would be coming. You mother told me that you would be starting your journey soon. Good for you." Then he walked to a cart that held PokeBalls and he wheeled the cart over to her. Then looked her in the eye. "These are 18 select pokemon that I offer to you for your life. You may pick one." He smiled at her. He loved the moment were a trainer got their first pokemon.
Old September 3, 2012, 07:07:06 PM
Kyurem

Hailey picked a ball at random, and released the Pokemon from it. A Skitty jumped from the ball and onto the cart. "Aww, it's so cute!" She picked up the Skitty and let it settle down in her arms. She then looked at Storax. "I'll take this one."
Old September 4, 2012, 04:41:56 PM
Shaymin

[COLOR="DarkRed"]

"Good choice, ma'am." Professor said to Hailey. "Take care of it, okay?" He said, and gave a worried look. He then petted Skitty's head like a cat. "This is a really nice Pokemon. Ah! Give me a second." He then walked over to the table in the back and gathered some items that weren't visible from Hailey's standpoint. He walked back with an eager bounce. "Take this!" He held out his and to reveal 5 Pokeballs and 2 Potions. "You will need these to start out."
Old September 4, 2012, 06:35:32 PM
Kyurem

Hailey took the items. "Thank you!" She went back to the door and opened it. "Bye!" She waved, and walked out the building, closing the door behind her.

Once she was outside, she set the Skitty on the ground and returned it to its ball. She then started running back home to tell her mom about it.

(OOC: so what do I do with my trainer profile now?)
Old September 5, 2012, 05:34:23 PM
Shaymin

As Hailey was walking home a women started walking across the street a few yards in front of her. The lady then turned in the middle of the path and looked at Hailey. "Hailey?!" She called to her. "Is that you, Honey?" If you focussed your eyes, you could see that it was her mom.
Old September 5, 2012, 06:09:10 PM
Kyurem

"Mom?" Hailey slowly walked towards her. "What is it?"
Old September 6, 2012, 04:12:43 PM
Shaymin

"Oh nothing, I was just going to drop of some food for Alissa." She held up a bag with had a wrapped loaf of bread and a few fruits in it. It was pretty full. Alissa is Hailey's mom's friend. She is currently sick so people have been giving her family food. "How did it go over there?"
Old September 6, 2012, 04:16:31 PM
Kyurem

"It was good! I picked a Skitty for my starter." She let the Skitty out of its Pokeball, and it ran up to Hailey's mom and rubbed against her ankle, and purred.
Old September 7, 2012, 02:23:45 PM
Shaymin

Hailey's mom made a aww when the Skitty rubbed up on her. "It is so cute!" She picked Skitty up and help Skitty in her arms. "What are you going to do?"
Old September 7, 2012, 03:37:52 PM
Kyurem

"Don't you remember, mom? I'm going to take on the Pokemon League!"
Old September 7, 2012, 08:45:44 PM
Shaymin

"I do remember" She looked at her feet. "Does this mean goodbye? When will I see you again?"
Old September 8, 2012, 07:35:58 AM
Kyurem

"I will bring my X-tranceiver, you know. I can call you whenever!" Without waiting for a further reply, she ran off into the house to pack.

'The items that Storax gave me, my laptop, a change of clothes, my X-tranceiver,' Hailey thought, 'That should be enough, right?' She went back outside, and gave her mom a goodbye hug. "I'll be sure to call you as soon as I get to Paradora city!"

Last edited by NismoZ; September 8, 2012 at 07:08:42 PM. Reason: town =/= city
Old September 8, 2012, 07:02:56 PM
Shaymin

(Paradora)

"Love you!" She said as Hailey was walking away. It was a getting sunnier it seemed as she walked farther away, a good way to start he journey. And hopefully her journey would only get better than this weather.
Old September 16, 2012, 09:30:58 AM
Kyurem

Hailey walked through the town, taking in its sights and sounds, her Skitty following her. Her journey seemed to be off to a good start, even before she left the town she was in. Eventually she got to the first route, and looked around.

Last edited by NismoZ; September 16, 2012 at 09:31:18 AM.
Old September 16, 2012, 04:13:24 PM
Shaymin

The entrance of the route was adjacent to the lab. That was made so to be convenient to the new trainers in the region. The route between is very straight with only one turn near the end. The route was long, seemingly perennial, but it only took about 3-4 hours to cross if you didn't stop for a break. And a neat, light-brown, dirt path lead you to the next destination.
Old September 16, 2012, 05:09:29 PM
Kyurem

Hailey turned to her Skitty. "Well, this is where it starts." Then she started advancing along the route.
Old September 17, 2012, 03:27:25 PM
Shaymin

(That was a little short.)

The route didn't have much to offer. Lying before Hailey was aw clear route. There were a few things along the path. There was an average - inconspicuous woman walking the road. There was a lare bush that was overgrowing near Hailey. But in the distance there was a strange, shrill sound coming from the forest; it sounded sort of odd.

Last edited by teamplasma; September 19, 2012 at 01:21:23 PM.
Old September 17, 2012, 06:58:05 PM
Kyurem

(sorry, I was trying to get you to describe the route in more detail)

Hailey walked along the path, stopping where the bush was. She saw it rustle out of the corner of her eye. She saw a pair of glowing eyes, which upon seeing Hailey look in its direction, disappeared into the bush. Hailey shrugged and looked down at Skitty, which rubbed against her leg.
Old September 19, 2012, 01:30:37 PM
Shaymin

( this isn't easy to see what you are wanting from your character)

As soon as the eyes disappeared they cam back. This time they returned with a small growl, which was so small that you could still hear that ringing in the distance. The woman now was passing Hailey's path, walking away from their scene. And as that happened the eyes in the bush became more focused on Skitty, crescendoing its growl.