Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 25, 2010, 02:10:21 AM
Zoroark

Default Pokemon: The Later Years

This roleplay is for me and Connec10 only *Warning, May have typos*

PLOT: Pokemon: The later years is about a boy named Dan Ketchum, who, as you might have guessed, is Ash Ketchum's son. This takes place back in Pallet Town. Since Ash became a trainer, pokemon have migrated due to many climate changes. Ash is currently 35 years old. And his son is just turning 10 tomorrow, soon along the way, he will meet a friend who wants to be a great trainer also.
Story starts below
__________________________________________________ ________________
Narrator: Dan Ketchum was about to turn 10 tomorrow, but there was a slight problem, Professor Oak had passed away at age 92. His father, Ash went to the pokemart and bought a pokeball, and caught a Duskull for him.

Dan: Thank you so much dad for the pokemon, I really love it! I can't wait for tomorrow, when I start my Pokemon journey.
*the next day*See ya later Dad and Mom, looking at his pokedex, all shiny and new. And then he walked out of the town, and he came across a peculiar boy.
Old September 25, 2010, 02:26:39 AM
Floatzel

Piél called his Riolu, which was rolling around in the grass. 'There is nothing happening here, Riolu. I think we should just call it a day and set home.', he said. Riolu jumped up, pointing to a little boy, who was approaching the two. Seeing the PokéBall the boy had with him, he lauded the Riolu. Walking towards the little boy, he called out 'Hey! Hey you! Do you want to battle?'
Old September 25, 2010, 02:35:20 AM
Zoroark

Dan said, "Hey, can't a guy just have a leisurely walk through route?" His Duskull was nudging him, "Do you really want to battle?" His Duskull nudged him again, "Fine" Dan said. Dan said, "Okay, Duskull, use Shadow Punch!" Duskull hit his Riolu with a striking blow to the head.
Old September 25, 2010, 02:52:52 AM
Floatzel

Both trainer and Pokémon weren't prepared for this, and thus Piél could only watch in shock, as his Riolu flew through the air, thinking 'Oh that is a well-trained Duskull, hitting that hard on her!' , but he released a sigh of relief as he saw that the Riolu landed on its feet, able to fight back. 'I think I know what to do then. Riolu! Shadow Claw!', he commanded it, and in an instant, the Riolu charged towards the Duskull, hitting it hard with the attack. For himself, Piél said 'Dark-types are weak to Ghost-typed attacks. Only a slim chance it can fight after this.'.
Old September 25, 2010, 03:28:40 AM
Zoroark

Duskull managed to levitate after it hit the ground, and Dan commanded, "Duskull, Pain Split! Thus reversing the damage and Duskull can fight again, and Dan yelled, "Duskull, Shadow sneak!" Dan thought that should finish him off.
Old September 25, 2010, 03:55:54 AM
Floatzel

'Oh what...!?', Piél said in disbelief, as he heard his foe. Being weakened by the Pain Split, the Riolu couldn't hold itself on its legs after being hit by the Shadow Sneak, falling to the ground unconscious. He picked it up, holding it in his arms, and then turned to his opponent. Reaching into his pocket, he got a mere 1000 Poké out, holding it towards the boy. 'I think you have earned yourself that money. Don't get mad at me: You don't look very experienced, yet have a Duskull this strong. Where did you get it from?', he said to him, waiting for the response.
Old September 25, 2010, 04:14:49 AM
Zoroark

Dan said, "My dad caught it for me and gave it to me as a present, and I think 1000 Poke is well enough, but I have to admit, you're pretty good at battling, would you like to come along on my adventures around the Pokemon world with me?" Dan then hands an ultra ball to Piél.
Old September 25, 2010, 04:28:13 AM
Floatzel

'Oh yes, sure I do want, the name's Piél, by the way!', Piél exclaimed, further adding 'Also thanks for the compliment. Riolu and I have fought through many battles before, but I never thought to find someone who can beat her around here. I'm curious about who your dad is, able to catch a Pokémon, strong like this, and able to give you these expensive Ultra Balls.' Looking at the Riolu, his face became more worried. 'I really don't like to see her like this. Can we head for a Pokémon Center please?', and on noticing he forgot to ask for the boys name saying 'Oh? Where are my manners... What is your name?'
Old September 25, 2010, 04:46:50 AM
Zoroark

My name is Dan, nice to meet you Piél. Of course we could go to the Pokemon Center, My dad is Ash Ketchum. By the way, before we leave Viridian City, I will need to go to the pokemon mart to get both of us some max revives and full restores.

Last edited by GuildmasterWigglytuff; September 25, 2010 at 04:47:09 AM.
Old September 25, 2010, 08:14:46 AM
Floatzel

'Waitwaitwait wait! Did you say Ash Ketchum was your father? THE Ash Ketchum?! I'd never have thought I'd meet his son...' While the first parts were directed to Dan, the last was more spoken for himself. Suddenly, a very sharp feeling of major pain was shooting through his body, forcing him to go on his knees, almost making him fall unconscious. Trying to hide his pain, he wanted to explain to Dan that everything was alright, but just before he could open his mouth, another wave of pain shot through his body, making him fall unconscious.
Old September 25, 2010, 05:13:34 PM
Zoroark

Dan became fearful, seeing his friend go down like that and soon, he felt a sharp pain in his back, and he screamed, "Help!" and he soon became unconscious. And when he became conscious, he realized he was in a factory warehouse. He was tied up, and he screamed help again. Then he heard a reply, "I will never let you go! This is revenge for my father!" "Who are you", said Dan. "I am James J.R, my father was always getting blasted away by your dad", said the mysterious voice. Quietly, he pulled a pokeball from his bag. He quietly said, "Go Duskull, go scout him out, but conceal yourself in the shadows" While Duskull was doing that, he sees an emblem on the arm of the chair, it says G.R. And the mysterious voice said again, "5 years ago, Team Rocket merged with Team Galactic to form Team Galactic Rocket".
Old September 27, 2010, 05:59:05 AM
Floatzel

When Piél woke up, the sun already was setting. Slowly standing up, he looked around, just to notice he still was on the same spot as before, Route 1 in front of Veridian City. Upon noticing the Riolu, which leaned against a low wall with closed eyes, a small smile could be seen on his face. 'At least you're awake. That's good.'. It opened its eyes upon hearing this, and slowly moved to his legs, still suffering from the injuries of the fight. 'Oh yeah. Let me see what I have to ease your pain.' Searching for anything that could help it, he also added 'I wonder where Dan is... Maybe he went for help, what do you think? Ah, there we go...', pulling a Super Potion and an Oran Berry out of the bag. 'Now hold still, so I can treat you.'

Applying the Super Potion, he noticed Riolu holding a pen. Upon finishing, he asked the Riolu for the pen. 'Can I have this pen for a short time?' But it thought of it as a kind of personal treasure, not willing to give it away. Fortunaly, he already thought this would happen, thus calmly replying 'So can I ask you to trade it for something then? I know you really love Oran Berries...', holding the berry towards it. The Riolus eyes widened as it saw the berry, dropping the pen and pouncing for his hand, taking it out of his hand.

While it was distracted eating the berry, he picked up the pen. Examining it, he could see a yellow 'G' and a red 'R' on its side. 'G.R.? I wonder what this is supposed to stand for...' Turning to the Riolu, he ,being very worried, said 'Riolu, I think Dan's in trouble. We've got to search for him! Let's head for Viridian City. Maybe someone has seen him there.' It jumped on his shoulder, pointing to a building in the distant. 'You think he is in there?' The Riolu puts his arms akimbo, making an angry face at Piél. 'O-oh sorry! I just sometimes forget you can see peoples auras...', and, slightly embarrassed patting its head, adding 'Good girl. Well, at least you have done the math, haha....haaaaah...', blushing red as it began to pat his head, alongside with sending a thought that he shouldn't worry too much about it to him. 'Oh well, I think we should get moving then', he exclaimed in a sigh, beginning to walk towards the building.

As they came nearer, he could see that it was a factory warehouse, two men in black uniform standing in front of the door. A big 'G' and 'R' could be seen on their arms. 'Hm...I still wonder why... Riolu, think you are ready to take them on?' As an answer, it jumped off his shoulder, putting its serious face on. As they approached them, the men turned towards Piél, yelling 'This is no spot for little kids! Turn around and go back to mommy!' Getting frankly angry at this, he shouted 'Either you let me in, or I force you to!' The men laughed. One of them stepped towards Piél 'Do you really think you can take on Team Galactic Rocket? Look at you. I mean, look at you! What do you think you'll be able to do with such a puny Pokémon like this? I'll show you, but don't you be crying when I'm finished with you!' Reaching for his PokéBall, the man yelled 'Purugly, go!'

'Purugly, huh? Big mistake...', Piél thought, looking at the Riolu, which then nodded, preparing for an attack. The man was rather surprised to see they weren't scared by the sight of his Pokémon, but he soon catched himself again, and commanded it to use Body Slam on the Riolu. It charged towards it, but just before the Purugly was near enough to use its attack, the Riolu unleashed a quick, yet powerful Aura Sphere, hitting it in the face. The Purugly stopped dead in its track, and after some second falling on it's side. The jaws of the two men dropped down, and as Piél began looking towards them, they panicly ran into the building.
'If you were as strong as you are fast... That was as easy as to steal sweets from a Kakuna...', he snidely said. 'Let's follow them, Riolu. I'm sure they lead us to where Dan is.'

Last edited by Connec10; September 27, 2010 at 09:49:52 PM. Reason: Getting some spaces in, for the sake of readability...
Old September 27, 2010, 12:38:31 PM
Zoroark

He heard a sound, lots of talking and he heard James JR's voice say there was a breach in the security and the first thought that popped into his head was, "Piél has come to save me" He noticed another sound, he heard his Duskull Using Shadow Ball on the rope he was able to get up from the chair and he said to Duskull, "let's go find Piél"
Old September 29, 2010, 11:28:05 AM
Floatzel

Entering the building, he heard alarm bells starting to ring. 'That was fast. We'd better hurry then! I don't want to keep all the fun for myself.' Just as he wanted to walk off, the Riolu pulled on the leg of his jeans, pointing to a small hallway. Piél could see several shadows, maybe four or five of them, they still were too far away to precisely be counted. Being worried, he silently whispered 'Ah dang... If it was just two, we might could have beaten them, but four?! Wait, I've got an idea...'.

He bended down to the Riolu, telling it his plan. It first looked at him in disbelief, but as he, rather quick, finished, it nodded. While the shadows approached them rather quick, the Riolu hid behind some crates standing in a dark corner nearby, fully concealing it in shadows. And so he waited for the shadows to step into the light, approaching him...

Last edited by Connec10; September 29, 2010 at 11:28:26 AM.