Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 5, 2010, 03:53:15 PM
Mudkip

Default Sequencing MIDIs by ear...

...is not easy.

I said on the sticky I would attempt to make a MIDI out of the Palkia battle theme from PMD Time/Darkness/Sky. This is what I have so far.

Lots of things from 0:35 on up to the loop are probably wrong. That cadence has a lot going on at it and it's hard to hear. Oh, and there's no percussion, because I think it's more important to get the pitched instruments correct first.

*will work on this more tomorrow*
Attached Files
File Type: mid PMD-palkia_wip1.0.mid (17.0 KB, 370 views)
Old March 5, 2010, 06:00:02 PM
Administrator

Sounds quite accurate, actually. Very nice work, just like your awesome Divine Medley. (Hey, have there been any updates on that?)
Old March 5, 2010, 06:42:12 PM
Mudkip

Well, you know, the Divine Medley is actually what I wanted these midis for, since it's supposed to be a medley that honors all the legendaries as of Generation IV (so that means I should include Ho-oh and Lugia's new themes from HGSS), but is centered around Dialga and Palkia (so I shouldn't be ignoring their themes from spin-off games). You already provided a midi for the Ho-oh and Primal Dialga ones, so that left Lugia and Palkia.

When the time comes that I'll be getting back to work on that, I'll make its own thread.