Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old August 24, 2010, 10:37:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I meant like having a bigger text limit. I think now it's 2000 characters including BBCode, but me (And quite a lot of people) want it higher. Since we can hide it under spoilers I see no problem with it, really. It doesn't have to be a big increase, maybe just a few hundred characters.
I already raised the limit to 3,500. There is a chance moderators might have a different limit than regular users, though.
Old August 24, 2010, 11:32:13 AM
Giratina

Oh, you did? I guess I didn't notice... Last time I tried having a big sig it was 2000...

Thanks!
Old August 26, 2010, 09:38:09 AM
Celebi

How about an Elite 4! If this idea does happen, can I be one because I had the idea?
Old August 26, 2010, 02:33:00 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
How about an Elite 4! If this idea does happen, can I be one because I had the idea?
The Elite 4 has already been discussed as a Gym League addition in the future, so you're not suggesting anything new.
Old August 27, 2010, 11:15:03 PM
Celebi

Oh. Can I be one anyway? And I have an idea, how about to challenge the next elite 4 person, you must defeat the one before
Old August 27, 2010, 11:28:10 PM
Administrator

Rotom, that question is best suited to private message. However, to save having to send one, the answer is no.
Old October 3, 2010, 10:46:12 AM
Regigigas

That within the next chat release, we get a official RP room. That, or disable the use of /me, because people have used it to turn main into roleplaying central.

Last edited by DashArmy; October 3, 2010 at 10:46:42 AM. Reason: forgot to specify chat
Old October 3, 2010, 12:19:44 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
That within the next chat release, we get a official RP room. That, or disable the use of /me, because people have used it to turn main into roleplaying central.
10.0 shall have user-created rooms, so that "problem" will be fixed.
Old October 3, 2010, 03:51:56 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
What's wrong with the RP section on the forums? Or the /b/uizel section?
Old October 23, 2010, 08:29:21 AM
Celebi

For banned users, how about something telling us why they are banned on their username?
Old October 23, 2010, 08:32:12 AM
Giratina

Quote:
For banned users, how about something telling us why they are banned on their username?
Because sometimes it is too private to be mentioned. But I do see where you're coming from, maybe a brief description. Very brief..

Last edited by SK; October 23, 2010 at 08:32:32 AM.
Old October 30, 2010, 06:36:33 PM
Kyurem

This is involving the Gym Badges, and I'm not sure if you (Freeze) are still working on them, but is there anyway they could be made a bit more... noticeable?

It may just be me, but I don't think there is a place to actually look at people's badges, and the link to give them out always kind of escapes me. It would be nice to have them somewhere someone could actually look at them. (and if they already are somewhere like that, a simple link would suffice as a fair response)
Old October 30, 2010, 06:45:18 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
This is involving the Gym Badges, and I'm not sure if you (Freeze) are still working on them, but is there anyway they could be made a bit more... noticeable?

It may just be me, but I don't think there is a place to actually look at people's badges, and the link to give them out always kind of escapes me. It would be nice to have them somewhere someone could actually look at them. (and if they already are somewhere like that, a simple link would suffice as a fair response)
See the Quick Links at the top bar? Click that then press My Badges.
Plus they're on everyone's profile, just press the Community tab.
Kinda noticeable, just gotta know where to look. :\
Old October 31, 2010, 05:10:59 AM
Giratina

Freeze did ask me to make miniaturized versions of the badges for displaying in this^ little bit above a post. Not sure if he's gonna implement them but... eh.
Old November 1, 2010, 05:35:12 AM
Volcarona

Suggestion:
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but anyway, a random idea just came to my mind.

With all the new remixers joining the forum, why not host a monthly remix contest?
Old November 1, 2010, 07:22:11 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
Suggestion:
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but anyway, a random idea just came to my mind.

With all the new remixers joining the forum, why not host a monthly remix contest?
If you feel like you can organize and run a whole contest for remixes, then there's no problem to hold one yourself. Before you decide to do that, though, be sure to contact someone like Cat to approve your idea first. Also, making a poll asking members about their opinion for a contest of remixes gives you a good idea of how accepted it is.
Old November 9, 2010, 08:00:08 PM
Floatzel

I suggest we get a new board (or two boards) similar to the TCoD's laughing/crying cupboards.
Old November 13, 2010, 07:28:32 PM

I've been grinding BP in the Battle Tower lately, and it occured to me that we really don't have a place to share battle videos. Although we do have the Battle & Trade boards, we don't really have a place to put battle videos, or warstories (example of a warstory found here) I suggest a Sub-Board to Battle and Trade to exhibit and rate each others' battles.
Old November 13, 2010, 10:16:46 PM
Administrator

Hm, do you think it would be okay to simply start with a single thread, and if it proves popular, then we could create a board for it? Something like "The Official Battle Videos Thread" could work, perhaps?
Old November 14, 2010, 05:25:45 AM

That sounds like an alright idea. Make it a sticky thread in Battle and Trading or something to that effect, right?
Old November 14, 2010, 05:37:16 AM
Volcarona

Relating to that last suggestion about the battle video forums, maybe there should be an Official VR Battles account on Youtube. An entire Youtube account just dedicated to recorded battles of VR members.
Old November 14, 2010, 05:52:25 AM

Quote:
Relating to that last suggestion about the battle video forums, maybe there should be an Official VR Battles account on Youtube. An entire Youtube account just dedicated to recorded battles of VR members.
Well, technically there is. It's just no one runs it anymore. I can't even remember who started it. If we really wanted someone to do it again though, we'd probably need someone with a DS Capture Card, for better quality than just a video camera.
Old November 29, 2010, 02:17:48 PM
Zoroark

There should be a competitive battle thread and in it there should be a warstory thread.
Old November 29, 2010, 06:10:30 PM
Administrator

There is already an entire board for battling/trading.
Old November 30, 2010, 12:51:34 PM
Regigigas

I suggest we add three boards into Artwork, Music, Fan-Fiction and Other Media: Images, Audio, and Video. Or something of the like, because it's filled with mostly sprite and signature shops.
Old November 30, 2010, 08:49:50 PM
Administrator

I certainly agree that there should be a separate board specifically for sprite and signature shops.
Old December 1, 2010, 08:11:01 AM
Celebi

How about the new category: Artwork Stores.
Old December 1, 2010, 05:14:46 PM
Kyurem

This isn't really a suggestion, but do you guys plan on adding B/W Pokemon to the user ranks. If you do maybe you can increase the number of posts a user needs to get the specific rank and maybe add new ranks.

If this was already spoken about, or suggested I'm sorry for not payin' attention. <_<
Old December 1, 2010, 06:21:43 PM
Regigigas

Thumbs up

Quote:
How about the new category: Artwork Stores.
Great idea. I second this. And to Shinycrobat's suggestion: can we wait until english names, so a better majority of our users can understand them? Of course, I'm fine with it either way.
Old December 2, 2010, 05:58:24 AM
Kyurem

I'm fine with waiting for the English names, but I was just givin' a suggestion for it.
Old December 2, 2010, 08:15:09 AM
Giratina

Post ranks and staff ranks have already been discussed between staff, and (I think) we've decided on changing them once B/W are released internationally.
Old December 2, 2010, 10:03:44 AM
Celebi

Garchomp: Onokusu
Entei: Tornelos
Add at 10,000 (i know no one might ever get there for a LONG time: genosekuto)
Old December 2, 2010, 08:37:14 PM
Mudkip

Maybe we can add wifi hubs!
Like display a series of games that use wifi connection,enter your fc then when ur done u can create your own hub where members can just chat trade or battle easily. While inside the hub there can be up to 4 members also displaying their fc for the game
Old December 2, 2010, 09:16:49 PM
Administrator

Hmm, that could make a viable addition to VRC if enough people would actually use it.
Old December 12, 2010, 03:50:25 PM
Volcarona

Make an Metroid board in "Other Video Game Forums"? It just seems like it should be done.
Old December 26, 2010, 09:35:27 PM
Floatzel

I think there should be a sub-forum for Game Corner called Mafia, dedicated to that game.
I saw one on Butterfree's tCoD forums, and it looks really fun.
Old December 27, 2010, 01:49:23 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryseeker99 View Post
I think there should be a sub-forum for Game Corner called Mafia, dedicated to that game.
I saw one on Butterfree's tCoD forums, and it looks really fun.
I don't really believe that we need a sub-board just for this game, since Victory Road isn't a forums dedicated to Mafia mostly, and you won't find the majority of members interested in this sub-board. This leads the sub-board to inactivity. It is better to relate any topic of this game to usual Gaming board, where it will sty active.
Old December 27, 2010, 09:29:57 AM
Kyurem

I'm pretty sure things about the site chat would go on here.

Basically, fix the reverse posting issue on the site chat. It's too often when I go to put two posts in a row, and then it lags enough while posting the first one to let me type up the second post, then they come up as posted at the same time and they're reversed.

Also fonts on the site chat would be nice.
Old December 27, 2010, 09:34:27 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I'm pretty sure things about the site chat would go on here.

Basically, fix the reverse posting issue on the site chat. It's too often when I go to put two posts in a row, and then it lags enough while posting the first one to let me type up the second post, then they come up as posted at the same time and they're reversed.

Also fonts on the site chat would be nice.
Its all in the works my friend
Old December 27, 2010, 11:16:08 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I don't really believe that we need a sub-board just for this game, since Victory Road isn't a forums dedicated to Mafia mostly, and you won't find the majority of members interested in this sub-board. This leads the sub-board to inactivity. It is better to relate any topic of this game to usual Gaming board, where it will stay active.
VR doesn't need to be a Mafia-dedicated forum for it to be successful: just look at TCoD, its Mafia is HUGE even though it is only a small part of the site. But without anywhere to call its own, it would be thrust deep into the background by the other games.
Old December 27, 2010, 11:27:25 PM
Giratina

Quote:
VR doesn't need to be a Mafia-dedicated forum for it to be successful: just look at TCoD, its Mafia is HUGE even though it is only a small part of the site. But without anywhere to call its own, it would be thrust deep into the background by the other games.
The thing is, do we have enough Mafia fans for the sub-forum to be successful? If the answer is yes, then the idea may become more valid for discussion, as there's no need to create a sub-forum which will barely have any thread in it.
Old December 28, 2010, 10:11:45 AM
Cyndaquil

Ehm... I don't know if this is already suggested or just plain stupid, but I saw that Bulbapedia doesn't have an article about 'our' forum. Maybe we could create one?
It would be pretty cool to have one, and maybe a good advertisement.
So who's with me? (It's hard to create an entire article by yourself, you know!)

EDIT: I moved this post here because The Spirit of Time told me too.

Last edited by FeyBart; December 28, 2010 at 10:13:00 AM.
Old December 28, 2010, 11:33:19 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The thing is, do we have enough Mafia fans for the sub-forum to be successful? If the answer is yes, then the idea may become more valid for discussion, as there's no need to create a sub-forum which will barely have any thread in it.
Well then, I will make a poll in Casual Debate to find our Mafia fans.
Old December 28, 2010, 11:46:00 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyBart View Post
Ehm... I don't know if this is already suggested or just plain stupid, but I saw that Bulbapedia doesn't have an article about 'our' forum. Maybe we could create one?
It would be pretty cool to have one, and maybe a good advertisement.
So who's with me? (It's hard to create an entire article by yourself, you know!)

EDIT: I moved this post here because The Spirit of Time told me too.
Sounds like a valid idea. However, the article will need to be properly written and include a brief glimpse of the most important information about the forums, such as its history. This can be a consuming task to the staff's effort and time, but I won't deny that the end result will ultimately be rewarding.

Quote:
Well then, I will make a poll in Casual Debate to find our Mafia fans.
Alright, you can do that. However, you're not really /debating/ anything by asking people about their opinions, so I think the Gaming forum will be a better place.
Old December 28, 2010, 11:49:45 PM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Sounds like a valid idea. However, the article will need to be properly written and include a brief glimpse of the most important information about the forums, such as its history. This can be a consuming task to the staff's effort and time, but I won't deny that the end result will ultimately be rewarding.
That's true, but if we make two groups, one with more experienced users who collect information and history, and one with less experienced users (like me) who write the article, it shouldn't be to time consuming. However, if we want this plan to succeed, we do need concrete action. Shall I make a poll to see who would like to join the project? And if so, where can I do that?
Old December 29, 2010, 01:13:05 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyBart View Post
That's true, but if we make two groups, one with more experienced users who collect information and history, and one with less experienced users (like me) who write the article, it shouldn't be to time consuming. However, if we want this plan to succeed, we do need concrete action. Shall I make a poll to see who would like to join the project? And if so, where can I do that?
Don't worry; I have already raised the suggestion to all the other staff members, and we're currently discussing it. We'll keep you updated as soon as we reach a consensus.
Old December 29, 2010, 01:38:21 AM
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Don't worry; I have already raised the suggestion to all the other staff members, and we're currently discussing it. We'll keep you updated as soon as we reach a consensus.
Okay! Nice. I hope it'll go through. It'll be much work, but probably worth it. Maybe we could copy/paste the article on Wikipedia and Pokemonwiki too. (Or slightly change it.)
Old December 29, 2010, 08:18:53 AM
Volcarona

Could we possibly request games in the VR Arcade? (like flash games like Super Smash Flash or Robot Unicorn Attack?)
Old December 29, 2010, 11:37:11 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
Could we possibly request games in the VR Arcade? (like flash games like Super Smash Flash or Robot Unicorn Attack?)
I think this is a good idea, I'd like to see some more flash games. (And I bet I could beat you all at Robot Unicorn Attack) >:3
Old December 31, 2010, 12:52:51 AM
Celebi

I think there should be a sub-forum for farewells, because I have seen lots of people post farewells in introductions.
Old December 31, 2010, 01:05:40 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I think there should be a sub-forum for farewells, because I have seen lots of people post farewells in introductions.
A sub-forums just for farewells is not appropriate. We already have a thread in which you can say bye.
Old January 7, 2011, 03:49:32 AM
Regigigas

I think we should have custom user titles. It'd be a better place to put a little joke or whatever than my location or signature.

Last edited by Leaftail; January 7, 2011 at 03:51:50 AM.
Old January 7, 2011, 03:52:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu Lapras View Post
I think we should have custom user titles. It'd be a better place to put a little joke or whatever than my location or signature.
Ain't gonna happen. Sorry.
Old January 7, 2011, 04:17:26 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Ain't gonna happen. Sorry.

Why not?
Old January 7, 2011, 04:24:46 AM
Administrator

It's just one of those things I decided early on that I wasn't going to allow folks to edit themselves. I can't really explain at the moment.

(I'm a bit tired, so that last message might've sounded a bit harsh.)
Old January 7, 2011, 11:34:15 AM
Regigigas

>:U

One more:

I want to be able to edit our own threads' titles. I have a thread called "Merry Christmas from Hihidaruma." Well, that's obsolete now, and nobody's changed it yet. (Uh, any staff member reading this feel free to change that please.)
Old January 13, 2011, 11:57:39 AM
Haxorus

Quote:

One more:

I want to be able to edit our own threads' titles. I have a thread called "Merry Christmas from Hihidaruma." Well, that's obsolete now, and nobody's changed it yet. (Uh, any staff member reading this feel free to change that please.)
I don't think that is even possible. Unless you will be promoted to the moderator rank just to edit your titles.
Old January 13, 2011, 12:48:02 PM
Kyurem

Quote:

One more:

I support this, and it is, as far as I know, rather simple to implement via the usergroups.
Old January 16, 2011, 11:56:06 AM
Kyurem

I think should be an emoticon. :la:, specifically, because that's what it is on dA.
Old January 16, 2011, 11:58:32 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ
I think should be an emoticon. :la:, specifically, because that's what it is on dA.
Quote:
Things I will not approve:
- More smilies. There already are enough. I might even deprecate some.
Old January 16, 2011, 10:26:56 PM
Regigigas

I understand the reason for having the "Show/Hide Full Signature" buttons, but would it be possible to implement a button to automatically select larger signatures to be viewed in their fullest? It's kind of a little bit of a pain in my twees to have to click "Show Full" on every signature, only to have to do about half of it over again on the next page.
Old January 17, 2011, 04:01:39 AM
Administrator

You'd have to ask Freeze about that one, but I know quite a few (high-posting) users take the liberty to rack up nice 600-pixel-tall signatures in there. You sure you want to endure those every single time the post goes by after you saw it fifty times?
Old January 17, 2011, 04:31:31 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
I understand the reason for having the "Show/Hide Full Signature" buttons, but would it be possible to implement a button to automatically select larger signatures to be viewed in their fullest? It's kind of a little bit of a pain in my twees to have to click "Show Full" on every signature, only to have to do about half of it over again on the next page.
My goodness, I know I dont really have authority here to decide anything, but just saying, implementing that idea would KILL anyone that browses VR on a handheld device (phone, DS, iPod, etc.). My phone already takes ages to load a thread on VR. 90% of the loading is all signatures. Im not sure about other mobile device users, but for some strange reason, my DS and phone show random signatures in full automatically.

Last edited by AnathemA; January 17, 2011 at 04:32:49 AM.
Old January 17, 2011, 04:44:02 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
My goodness, I know I dont really have authority here to decide anything, but just saying, implementing that idea would KILL anyone that browses VR on a handheld device (phone, DS, iPod, etc.). My phone already takes ages to load a thread on VR. 90% of the loading is all signatures. Im not sure about other mobile device users, but for some strange reason, my DS and phone show random signatures in full automatically.
Actually, don't think of it that way because you'd need to enable it first, so it'd be your fault if you implemented it and surfed on a browser that couldn't handle it.

Oh, and I think that Vel's idea should be implemented. HOWEVER, there must be a blacklisting feature....if that's even possible. Basically you'd enable it but would be able to put in usernames into a list that'd make their signature appear in the smaller format.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; January 17, 2011 at 05:03:25 AM.
Old January 17, 2011, 11:21:25 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
It would in fact be quite simple - I can do it later today.

Quote:
...You are aware that you can disable signatures en-mass, right? xD

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot5.png
Views:	561
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1729

(Anyone want me to implement this on a per-browser basis?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Actually, don't think of it that way because you'd need to enable it first, so it'd be your fault if you implemented it and surfed on a browser that couldn't handle it.
This much /is/ true.

Quote:
Oh, and I think that Vel's idea should be implemented. HOWEVER, there must be a blacklisting feature....if that's even possible. Basically you'd enable it but would be able to put in usernames into a list that'd make their signature appear in the smaller format.
Isn't that just a bit overcomplicated? xD

Better scenario:
  • Click button to show all signatures by default.
  • Click button to show /this/ signature in shrink mode!

(We just have the reverse right now )
Old January 18, 2011, 07:01:58 PM
Floatzel

A Victini Style. 'Nuff said.
Old January 18, 2011, 07:07:38 PM

Quote:
My phone already takes ages to load a thread on VR. 90% of the loading is all signatures. Im not sure about other mobile device users, but for some strange reason, my DS and phone show random signatures in full automatically.
You can disable the showing of signatures under "Edit Options" in the User CP.
Old January 19, 2011, 05:42:12 AM
Regigigas

I generally use the New Posts feature to see new posts, but it's several pages long. Would it be possible to add a "Mark Thread As Read" option so they won't appear in the New Posts anymore...or at least until there's a new post afterwards?

Currently the only way to remove them from that list is to post in the thread.
Old January 19, 2011, 05:42:50 AM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
You can disable the showing of signatures under "Edit Options" in the User CP.
But we don't have options to block images and smilies in signatures...

Either way, thanks- loads 100 times faster on my Wii, PC, and 3DS!

Last edited by Heart's Soul; January 19, 2011 at 05:43:03 AM.
Old January 19, 2011, 06:40:48 AM
Volcarona

Ooh, wow, thanks for reminding me xD.
Old January 31, 2011, 04:53:13 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
This wouldn't surprise me since Cat likes to give everyone he talks with a mod/assistant mod status.
seriously !? It's that easy !
Old January 31, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewtwoFreak21 View Post
seriously !? It's that easy !
Pretty much. See: Shade & JC
Not really. :V
Old February 1, 2011, 06:53:17 AM
Volcarona

Newsletter, awesome to see it up, but the text was the same color as the background.

I'm not sure if im the only one, but think I saw someone else posting about this too.

Edit: Oh yes, suggestion.. Almost forgot ._.

Change the BG color maybe? I'm thinking dark blue (Same tone as the FBlue theme). Grey does look rather pretty on dark blue IMO.

Other Edit: Oh, nevermind, the theme I'm using makes all the text come out as grey.

Another Suggestion: Make the newsletter compatible with the FBlue theme. I do love that dark bluey-ness

Last edited by AnathemA; February 1, 2011 at 07:23:07 AM.
Old February 1, 2011, 08:30:08 PM
Volcarona

Theres also a list somewhere on the inet that list all the mobile browsers useragents. I have to find it again bug me if you want be to go find it.

here http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 1, 2011 at 08:31:08 PM.
Old February 4, 2011, 11:31:26 AM
Giratina

Can we get .7z file attachment support?
Old February 4, 2011, 01:43:17 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
Can we get .7z file attachment support?
Done.

(I haven't done anything adminy in a while, so thank you )
Old February 4, 2011, 01:45:41 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
(I haven't done anything adminy in a while, so thank you )
I really know how that feels. :I
How about letting PMs or maybe even VMs have attachments? I think that's been suggested before...
Old February 4, 2011, 02:16:36 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I really know how that feels. :I
How about letting PMs or maybe even VMs have attachments? I think that's been suggested before...
Not possible with vBulletin as far as I know, and its beyond my reach of modding expertise. I'd be curious if somebody could find a mod that did that, though.
Old February 4, 2011, 06:08:13 PM
Linoone

Quote:
Not possible with vBulletin as far as I know, and its beyond my reach of modding expertise. I'd be curious if somebody could find a mod that did that, though.
I heard about one for vB 4.0 but we will never switch to that!

Honestly, if you know anything about vBulletin, you'd understand me. I'll look around the internet. When I'm not making remixes that are slowly reaching PRS's quality.
Old February 4, 2011, 07:14:33 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
I heard about one for vB 4.0 but we will never switch to that!

Honestly, if you know anything about vBulletin, you'd understand me. I'll look around the internet. When I'm not making remixes that are slowly reaching PRS's quality.
I'm not completely sure I understand what you're insinuating... however, I do know more than enough to know that the following would break/have to be painfully migrated should we upgrade to vBulletin 4:

• All Styles
  • Most (if not all) Modifications
  • Most (if not all) Template Modifications
  • And a crapload of other stuff.

There actually is a reason, believe it or not. Nor does vB 4.0 offer any overly enticing features that would make switching any more beneficial.
Old February 4, 2011, 09:34:46 PM
Volcarona

Joking/Still partly serious suggestion: Shouldn't March 6th and 4th should be marked on the VR Calendar?

Last edited by AnathemA; February 4, 2011 at 09:35:03 PM.
Old February 5, 2011, 02:26:39 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Joking/Still partly serious suggestion: Shouldn't March 6th and 4th should be marked on the VR Calendar?
As far as I know, Victory Road's Calender mark the important days of the current month. In other words, the days marked are all related to February. Once March starts, the Calender will mark both of these days.
Old February 5, 2011, 03:47:50 AM
Giratina

Actually, the part at the bottom of the index shows all upcoming events for the next 30 days, and you can add a date to the VR Calendar for any month at any time. I've just added Black and White's release dates to the calendar.
Old February 5, 2011, 08:30:23 AM
Regigigas

I would like a personal notepad in my user CP. I used to have one back at the cave of dragonflies and it was really useful.

Also: I want my gender to be visible with my username. I'm kinda tired of people thinking I'm a girl.

Last edited by Leaftail; February 8, 2011 at 07:20:31 PM.
Old February 18, 2011, 09:31:55 PM
Administrator

Hm, I could see if such mods exist for those.
Old February 20, 2011, 12:27:23 PM
Linoone

Quote:
Hm, I could see if such mods exist for those.
Is it that hard to call upon it?

(Oh, and to my knowledge, such mods exist)
Old February 20, 2011, 01:03:27 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaftail View Post
Also: I want my gender to be visible with my username. I'm kinda tired of people thinking I'm a girl.
You're wish has been granted.

(I considered coding the Memo mod myself as well, but I'm sure it'd just be reinventing the wheel.)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; February 20, 2011 at 01:03:40 PM.
Old February 20, 2011, 01:09:25 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
You're wish has been granted.

(I considered coding the Memo mod myself as well, but I'm sure it'd just be reinventing the wheel.)
Instead of just text, could we get some fancy schmancy icons instead?
Old February 20, 2011, 01:29:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Instead of just text, could we get some fancy schmancy icons instead?
I second this. I would like to see the ♂ and ♀ icons, and maybe something like a question mark for undisclosed or not show it at all.
Old February 20, 2011, 06:53:20 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I second this. I would like to see the ♂ and ♀ icons, and maybe something like a question mark for undisclosed or not show it at all.
I was talking more like an image ( ) than the text symbols, but that works too.
Old February 20, 2011, 06:54:29 PM
Administrator

Yeah, that's what I was referring to by the word "icons." Whichever is easier would be my preference.
Old February 21, 2011, 07:30:22 AM
Celebi

I could make those images, if you wanted.
Also could the little green light that is next to your name go blue if your on the chat? I'm tired of trying to VM people when they are chatting and I don't know it.
Old February 27, 2011, 03:52:33 PM
Volcarona

I would like the ability to upload XPS files. I have made a thread that I want to upload an XPS file of mine in, but can't. XPS files are created when you print to Microsoft Office (Document/Image(Depends on Windows Version) Writer. I know that Windows XP and up have the program needed to view these files already installed as part of the OS.

Last edited by isbragg; February 27, 2011 at 03:56:09 PM. Reason: Grammar clean-up
Old February 27, 2011, 05:02:59 PM
Kyurem

What's wrong with PDF? They're largely the same thing.
Old February 27, 2011, 11:02:47 PM
Volcarona

I don't have a way to make PDFs. If there was a program that could convert XPS files to PDF files, I don't know about it.

EDIT: Just found some through a Google search.

Last edited by isbragg; February 27, 2011 at 11:07:31 PM.
Old February 28, 2011, 12:59:57 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbragg View Post
I don't have a way to make PDFs. If there was a program that could convert XPS files to PDF files, I don't know about it.

EDIT: Just found some through a Google search.
If it helps, you can do it in Microsoft Office 2007+ as well.

If not already installed: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

Then:
(Totally not my image.)
Old March 3, 2011, 11:57:32 AM
Haxorus

A moblie skin for VR would be nice on my iTouch.
Old March 8, 2011, 09:05:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbragg View Post
I would like the ability to upload XPS files. I have made a thread that I want to upload an XPS file of mine in, but can't. XPS files are created when you print to Microsoft Office (Document/Image(Depends on Windows Version) Writer. I know that Windows XP and up have the program needed to view these files already installed as part of the OS.
Quote:
If it helps, you can do it in Microsoft Office 2007+ as well.

If not already installed: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

Then:
IMAGE (Totally not my image.)
Oh, I forgot to mention that I added support for XPS to the attachments with the same limitations as PDF.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 8, 2011 at 09:07:14 PM.
Old March 9, 2011, 01:14:45 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Oh, I forgot to mention that I added support for XPS to the attachments with the same limitations as PDF.
...In all fairness, there is reason not to do so: Mac users can't read them, but nearly everybody can read a PDF. (The same applies to Windows 2000)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; March 9, 2011 at 01:18:00 PM. Reason: Actually both KDE and Gnome include default support, so I was wrong there.
Old March 11, 2011, 11:40:37 PM
Volcarona

Yeah i agree pdf is much better.

For win:
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Linux & mac http://localhost:631 or you add printer gui should have pdf writer