Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 16, 2013, 01:06:38 PM
Administrator

Default The problem with digital

As most of us know, a lot of 3DS games are available both physically and digitally, and many folks speculate X and Y will be available digitally. There's just one thing that breaks that theory:

Where will the save file go?

I'm quite sure they wouldn't want to put it on the SD card where it can very easily be copied, backed up, or hacked. Or would it go on the internal memory?
Old January 16, 2013, 08:40:52 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
As most of us know, a lot of 3DS games are available both physically and digitally, and many folks speculate X and Y will be available digitally. There's just one thing that breaks that theory:

I'm quite sure they wouldn't want to put it on the SD card where it can very easily be copied, backed up, or hacked. Or would it go on the internal memory?
I don't think there exists any 3DS game that saves to the internal memory. Because they can't. Data on the SD Card are designed for easy back-ups, though I'm sure that they probably have some safeguards in place (like an online check if there's been access by something other than the game on the data).
Old January 16, 2013, 09:20:15 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post

What have they done for past games with save files(maybe NSMB2)? Also why would backing up be a bad thing? If they don't give 3 save files then backing up the game would be ideal for multiple playthroughs.