Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 2, 2011, 05:05:01 PM
Pikachu

Default No Evee evolutions this generation :/?

Am I the only one UPSET that they didn't make any evee evolutions? I hope Game Freak doesn't stop, there always' interesting and always some of my FAVS! What do y'all think? If you think they should stop making them tell me why

Last edited by romario.taylor_GANG; March 2, 2011 at 05:05:22 PM.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:10:53 PM
Shaymin

inb4A'Bom

And I guess it's okay because they wanted to make everything new this gen, so you have to make some sacrifices, plus it's not like they won't finish the line ever, probably in Gen 6/7 they will.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:10:55 PM
Landorus

Well, for one thing, there aren't ANY evolutions of ANY pokemon from previous generations in this one...

Just saiyan.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:12:23 PM
Servine

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get any Eeveelutions this gen, but meh, what can you do? I'm sure we'll get more next time we have a gen that "ties in" with past ones.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:15:39 PM
Keldeo

I actually like this Generation though, it's sad to see that was no other country add-ins, but it's still a good Generation in my opinion.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:25:54 PM
Pikachu

I'm not disappointed with any of the new Pokemon but i do wish they had some evolutions that tied into D/P
Old March 2, 2011, 05:29:12 PM
Volcarona

I was very disappointed in the distinct lack of new evolutionary forms, ESPECIALLY with that whole Mamanbou thing that SHOULD HAVE been luvdisc's evolved for. And, as for no new eeveelutions, I have just one thing to say about it:

I has a angir    
RAEG!!!1!!1!!

But seriously, I was so excited for new eeveelutions... and we got none! I was devastated. Someday, though... eevee will expand its elemental reach to all corners of the type spectrum and will be realized as the superior species of all pokemon! *gets dragged off in a strait jacket*
Old March 2, 2011, 05:34:49 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'bom View Post
I was very disappointed in the distinct lack of new evolutionary forms, ESPECIALLY with that whole Mamanbou thing that SHOULD HAVE been luvdisc's evolved for.
OMG, this. I was so angry when I found out Luvdisc didn't evolve into Alomomola. They look so similar, they should have been related. ): Mostly I was just hoping that Luvdisc would evolve and stop being pathetic. Boo.

I totally thought Tauros would evolve into Bouffalant too, and I was hoping Miltank would get an evo as well. I guess not.
Old March 2, 2011, 05:44:34 PM
Zoroark

I think hazeon will exist. I also made glitchyon, the ??? type eeeveelution, in my new pokemon hack victory road version.
Old March 2, 2011, 06:19:02 PM
Zoroark

I must agree that two specific Pokemon should be evolutions of previous Pokemon and they should be: Luvdisc - Alomomola and Tauros - Bouffalant. I feel these Pokemon are too similar to not be evolutions.
Old March 2, 2011, 07:47:33 PM
Regigigas

The thing that annoys me is that Mamanbou was clearly DESIGNED as a Luvdisc evolution, but when they decided there would be no evolutions this Gen they figured "eh, we need another water type, throw it in." I ruins the value of both pokemon.
Old March 3, 2011, 02:50:55 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
The thing that annoys me is that Mamanbou was clearly DESIGNED as a Luvdisc evolution, but when they decided there would be no evolutions this Gen they figured "eh, we need another water type, throw it in." I ruins the value of both pokemon.
^^^^
I wonder... maybe they could make them related in the Ruby/Sapphire remake? They could make a new item and if you traded with Luvdisc holding it, it would evolve into Alomomola. I doubt it, though.

Actually, I don't think Eevee will be getting any more evolutions. So far, every Eeveelution has been a type that used to be special. The only special type left is dragon, and I personally don't see a dragon-type Eeveelution.
Old March 3, 2011, 03:10:19 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaftail View Post
Actually, I don't think Eevee will be getting any more evolutions. So far, every Eeveelution has been a type that used to be special. The only special type left is dragon, and I personally don't see a dragon-type Eeveelution.
Ahaa i highly doubt it but would be a sweet addition though.
Old March 3, 2011, 06:49:25 AM
Regigigas

The way I figured it, new eeveelutions come every even numbered generation (not counting Gen 1 since they were introduced there)

Espeon/Umbreon came out in Gen 2
Leafeon/Glaceon came out in Gen 4
So hopefully a new pair comes out in Gen 6
Old March 3, 2011, 07:45:47 AM
Rayquaza

People were anticipating more evolutions from Eevee, but I find it fine not to have them in this generation. I actually like the idea of having a new beginning. I assume that if other regions appear, which are close to Unova, new monkeys of different types will appear. That's my guess. I think the spread of Eevee has been already shut down to allow the monkeys to get their respective awareness.
Old March 3, 2011, 08:01:29 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I actually like the idea of having a new beginning. [...] I think the spread of Eevee has been already shut down to allow the monkeys to get their respective awareness.
A new beginning? You mean like Generation 3?

Drop eevee for monkeys? I think I'm gonna be sick. The monkeys are just clones of each other with their types switched. Now, before people jump me and say "Olol but what about all the eeveelutions? They are clones with types switched, too!", I just want to remind people that eevee is one pokemon that can become any of these types. These monkeys are set in their type. Instead of having six different pokemon encompassing three lines at one type each, eevee has eight pokemon encompassing one line and eight types.

Eevee is clearly better due to its versatility and adorable-cuddly appearance, which ALL of its evolved forms have. Pick it up, Nintendo! The crowd wants Eeveelutions, and not just two new ones! Give us the whole rainbow of them! Oh, and make eevee and its evolutions the fighting gods they rightfully deserve to be kthx.

*Steps down off of his soap box*
Old March 3, 2011, 08:04:39 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:

Drop eevee for monkeys? I think I'm gonna be sick. The monkeys are just clones of each other with their types switched. Now, before people jump me and say "Olol but what about all the eeveelutions? They are clones with types switched, too!", I just want to remind people that eevee is one pokemon that can become any of these types. These monkeys are set in their type. Instead of having six different pokemon encompassing three lines at one type each, eevee has eight pokemon encompassing one line and eight types.

Eevee is clearly better due to its versatility and adorable-cuddly appearance, which ALL of its evolved forms have. Pick it up, Nintendo! The crowd wants Eeveelutions, and not just two new ones! Give us the whole rainbow of them! Oh, and make eevee and its evolutions the fighting gods they rightfully deserve to be kthx.

I am not hating Eevee, but I stating the facts. Many Pokémon were created to replace the older ones, and the monkeys are not any different. Since the time they were shown, almost everyone claimed that they are the new Eevee, and they said the truth. Game Freak won't hesitate in creating five more Pokémon with their evolutions.
Old March 3, 2011, 08:08:44 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
I am not hating Eevee, but I stating the facts. Many Pokémon were created to replace the older ones, and the monkeys are not any different. Since the time they were shown, almost everyone claimed that they are the new Eevee, and they said the truth. Game Freak won't hesitate in creating five more Pokémon with their evolutions.
I know you're not hating eevees. I just love them so much that I tend to sound a bit aggressive some times. I mean, look at this: You'd have to be totally mental to not love it!

As for GameFreak not hesitating... *gathers up his torches and pitch forks*

I guess right now I just have to settle for making them myself and giving them stats, movepools, dex entries, etc.
Old March 3, 2011, 08:29:46 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
People were anticipating more evolutions from Eevee, but I find it fine not to have them in this generation. I actually like the idea of having a new beginning. I assume that if other regions appear, which are close to Unova, new monkeys of different types will appear. That's my guess. I think the spread of Eevee has been already shut down to allow the monkeys to get their respective awareness.
I agree, with this friesh set of new Pokemon the next gen could potentialy be just as good. The next gen will surley have evolutions of this gen and it will be very interesting.
Old March 3, 2011, 07:00:24 PM
Kyurem

Quote:

Awwwwww!

So yeah, the base evolutions for the monkeys are pretty cute (and I normally don't care about cuteness, but monkeys are some of my favorite animals) even if the evolutions for them are pretty lousy.

I personally am a little sick of all of this excessive loving of the Eeveelutions. The Eeveelutions aren't bad Pokemon, but to call them over-glorified would be an understatement. Where's the love for the other Pokemon? I don't see any reason for Game Freak to continue the Eeveelution line when they are already so beloved, while they leave their other Pokemon in the dust.

But that's just me.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; March 3, 2011 at 07:00:55 PM.
Old March 3, 2011, 07:33:00 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I don't see any reason for Game Freak to continue the Eeveelution line when they are already so beloved, while they leave their other Pokemon in the dust.

But that's just me.
Their being loved so much is the exact reason why Game Freak should continue to make more. It's good business sense. The more people love something, the more they are willing to buy stuff pertaining to it (heck, I was starting to lose interest in pokemon until I found out about leafeon and glaceon. Because of eeveelutions, they retained a customer). My point being (for all you cute-resistant folks out there) is that there would be a logical reason to continue the eeveelutions.

As for other pokemon being left in the dust, why would they do that? What's to say they couldn't satiate eevee fans that are screaming for the full rainbow of eeveelutions AND make new evolutionary forms for all the pokemon that desperately need them (like most of the early-game pokemon)?
Old March 4, 2011, 12:20:09 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Their being loved so much is the exact reason why Game Freak should continue to make more. It's good business sense. The more people love something, the more they are willing to buy stuff pertaining to it (heck, I was starting to lose interest in pokemon until I found out about leafeon and glaceon. Because of eeveelutions, they retained a customer). My point being (for all you cute-resistant folks out there) is that there would be a logical reason to continue the eeveelutions.
Good business? Although there might be a select handful like you who feel another evolution would be fun, many and I mean many would and do think that expanding on an already expanded Pokemon would be boring and pointless. I don't know anyone who's ever thought that if there is not an Eevee evolution they will stop playing or lose interest.

Last edited by Falco; March 4, 2011 at 12:20:39 AM.
Old March 4, 2011, 07:53:55 AM
Giratina

Quote:

I agree in that the Eeveelutions are neater than the evolutions of the monkeys, pertaining to the fact that the latter look very similar to each other although they are separate Pokémon. However, I feel it is time to move on to something new after so many generations; the Eeveelutions feel 'complete' as they are right now:

Normal - The original type.
Electric, Fire, Water, Grass - Elemental types which complement one another (more or less).
Dark and Ghost - can be regarded as counterparts to each other.

Ice is separate because it is not really an elemental type (considering how it is, or supposed to be, originally 'derived' from water). Perhaps something like Rock or Steel might have complemented it, but it is definitely not obligatory.

By the way, due to the fact that Gen V is supposed to be far away from the previous generations, I wouldn't be surprised if no new Eeveelutions are introduced in the later generations. It makes sense for it to be that way, anyways.

Last edited by Shadow; March 4, 2011 at 07:54:39 AM.
Old March 4, 2011, 09:28:09 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I agree in that the Eeveelutions are neater than the evolutions of the monkeys, pertaining to the fact that the latter look very similar to each other although they are separate Pokémon. However, I feel it is time to move on to something new after so many generations; the Eeveelutions feel 'complete' as they are right now.
I guess it's just because I'm a bit OCD. It's not 'complete', as you put it, because there's not one for each type. Like I said, OCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
By the way, due to the fact that Gen V is supposed to be far away from the previous generations, I wouldn't be surprised if no new Eeveelutions are introduced in the later generations. It makes sense for it to be that way, anyways.
You make a good point. However, pokemon from previous generations are still in Unova. I'm not sure of the details, since I'm trying to keep it a surprise for myself, but there are special ways to get them, so they do appear in the wild there.

Last edited by A'bom; March 4, 2011 at 09:28:49 AM.
Old March 4, 2011, 11:45:26 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Their being loved so much is the exact reason why Game Freak should continue to make more. It's good business sense. The more people love something, the more they are willing to buy stuff pertaining to it.
Not always true. Not letting something just end gracefully can usually end in a lowering of its quality (TV shows and movie franchises come to mind easily). But yeah, Pokemon are completely different, so I'll try to make my point clear when actually talking about the subject at hand.

Its unrealistic for Game Freak developers to make evolutions for all of the older Pokemon, since Diamond and Pearl, the games that added a large range of new evolutions, didn't even come close to helping all of the Pokemon that needed it. If, hypothetically, the next generation of Pokemon was announced today and it was revealed that there were to be evolutions for older Pokemon, I would much prefer much-needed evolutions for Pokemon like Dunsparce, Spinda, Luvdisc (curse you deceitful Mamanbou), Qwilfish, and a whole array of other Pokemon than even more Eeveelutions.

Oh, and as to what Shadow mentioned about the Eeveelutions being complete, I think that they are made to correspond to the original "Special" types from Generation 3 and before. (Water, Fire, Electric, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dark, and Dragon). As such, if we do get an Eeveelution, I think it is a pretty safe bet to assume that it's going to be a Dragon-type!
Old March 5, 2011, 06:28:45 AM
Giratina

Quote:
If, hypothetically, the next generation of Pokemon was announced today and it was revealed that there were to be evolutions for older Pokemon, I would much prefer much-needed evolutions for Pokemon like Dunsparce, Spinda, Luvdisc (curse you deceitful Mamanbou), Qwilfish, and a whole array of other Pokemon than even more Eeveelutions.
Agreed 100%. At least most of the Eeveelutions are usable in some way, unlike the Pokémon which Kaz mentioned (maybe excluding Qwilfish). So it's a much better idea to introduce evolutions to these Pokémon rather than adding more Eeveelutions in the next generation(s).

Quote:
Oh, and as to what Shadow mentioned about the Eeveelutions being complete, I think that they are made to correspond to the original "Special" types from Generation 3 and before. (Water, Fire, Electric, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dark, and Dragon). As such, if we do get an Eeveelution, I think it is a pretty safe bet to assume that it's going to be a Dragon-type!
Which, with the presence of Glaceon (the 'odd-one-out'), will make the Eeveelutions fully complementary to one another.
Old March 5, 2011, 07:53:14 AM
Volcarona

Maybe I made it sound like I wanted the rest of the eeveelutions all at once. That's not the case; just one per generation would satiate me. I agree that there are a bunch of other pokemon that desperately need evolved forms. I guess in the mean time I'll just have to design my own, huh?
Old March 5, 2011, 06:55:33 PM
Zoroark

A-Bom...they lied to you.

There ARE Eeveelutions in this Generation    

Phanteon

Toxeon

Old March 13, 2011, 05:56:37 PM
Zoroark

I think it sucks! I was hoping for a Ghost and Flying type Eeveeloutions!
Old March 16, 2011, 07:21:49 AM
Pikachu

Wish they did a dual type eeveelution as the last one. Dragon/ Flying would be awesome.
Old March 16, 2011, 09:05:36 AM
Mudkip

The real question is where will the Eeveelutions go after running out of Elements? Give a third form to them?
Old March 16, 2011, 04:39:58 PM
Haxorus

@Abom
>lose interest because of ONE EVOLUTION OF AN OLD POKEMON THAT IS PECULIAR YET SUCKS

you are a horrid man
it's like saying "OH NO ARCANINE EVO RAGEQUIT GAME FOREVER"
Old March 17, 2011, 01:04:45 AM
Zoroark

Just remember he's allowed his opinion so no need to call him 'horrid'.