Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 12, 2013, 06:06:25 PM
Volcarona

Default TPM Plays Through Y

So yeah, I got Y tonight and I may as well make a thread describing my experience

Badges: 0

Part 1: A New Adventure (Because Why Not)    
So I go through the opening, and I choose the blonde male character, because it fit me. Chose my name to be TPM (it seems to fit me more than my actual name these days...), and started off...

...To be greeted by an excellent demonstration of the game's 3D cutscenes with a neat little clip of a Fledgling flying through my house and waking me up. I found the mirror by accident, even though it's what I needed to do. I learn of my friends and how they're getting Pokémon, and they make me follow them through a gate, where I encountered... the shortest, most pointless "route" in history! It's about 15 blocks long, has no grass, and only signifies the next town because the terrain changes from rock to brick. Maybe it will have a purpose later, but for now I think they should've just connected the 2 towns.

I meet up with all of my new friends, and get to pick a starter! I decided to pick Fennekin, since I was thinking of using one from the start. It was a male (breaking a streak of 4 straight female starters), and I named it Mozi (short for Mozilla). Then I got this letter to take to my mom, so I went back home.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE OMG SURPRISE RIVAL BATTLE BET YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT!!! ...Yeah I was a bit surprised by it even though it always happens. It was a Chespin against a Fennekin, both level 5, so it wasn't a question of who won, but how long it would take. And I get a luck burn on my first Ember. It wasn't a hard fight.

When I get back to my house, I saw what looked like a Rhyhorn ride or something, so I get on it. I press a button to get off, and I dismount the ride. I was really curious why this was here, so I got on it like 8 more times waiting fro SOMETHING to happen. Eventually, I go in and deliver the letter. I go back out and- OH MY GOD THE RHYHORN WAS REAL. I wonder if it got annoyed that I was jumping on and off it for no reason...

Anyway, off for adventure in Vaniville Town Extension!

Team    

Team:

Mozi (Fennekin ♂/Level 5)

-Scratch
-Tail Whip
-Ember
-
Old October 12, 2013, 06:57:29 PM
Volcarona

Badges: 0

Part 2: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa; Now Where Do I Go?    
I really hope there are legit marts and Pokémon Centers in coming towns. It took me 5 minutes to see the green house in Aquacorde Town (Vaniville Town Extension). That sold Potions. Out of like 4 houses there xD

Oh hey, there's a Poké Ball house on the other side. 5 Potions and 10 Poké Balls later, I'm broke. At least I got a Premier Ball, so there's that. So I explore Aquacorde Town a little more and here's what I got, condensed:

-OOH, Camera Spot. Seems a bit mysterious, but I think I know what it is already.
-Don't really like the quick snap of the camera when you're near a side entrance. Maybe a slow pan if you stand there for a bit near a building like that, not a snap over though. It just seems too... excited about the angle, kinda like "HEY YOU CAN ENTER HERE, LOOKY LOOKY". Just a minor nitpick though, not too annoying.
-Heh, you can sit in the chairs on the upper level. Neat little detail

Well, off to catch some things at Avance Trail (Route 2)! None of the major Pokémon sites have any percentages regarding wild Pokémon, so I have no idea what lies in store. I fight off a Pidgey and Scatterbug hoping something interesting comes. Mozi's Ember is making quick work of everything so far. After Mozi hit Level 8, I figure maybe this route has nothing more than Scatterbug, Pidgey, and the occasional Zigzagoon.

And that's when I hit the catching a Pokémon tutorial and Serena encounters a Bunnelby, on the same route. And then I find a Fletchling, also on the same route. Turns out I want one for my final team~

(After a quick wombo-combo by the naming screen and a Fletchling named "D", I reset to try that part again...)

Yep. Fletchling was totally Level 3 and female the whole time. No doubt about that. Never male and Level 2, nope, you must have seen that wrong. *ahem* So now I have a new Fletchling, named Feuiles (combo of the French words for "fire" (feu) and "wings" (ailes) - I'm feeling rather French )

Now to train Feuiles to Level 5-6 before ending this little part nicely~ Every battle feels and looks like a 3rd-person perspective straight out of Pokémon Battle Revolution, and I AM LOVING EVERY SECOND OF IT.

Team    

Mozi (Fennekin ♂/Level 8)

-Scratch
-Tail Whip
-Ember
-

Feuiles (Fletchling /Level 6) *NEW*

-Tackle
-Growl
-Quick Attack
-

Last edited by ThePokeMan; October 12, 2013 at 06:57:41 PM.
Old October 13, 2013, 09:41:13 AM
Volcarona

Badges: 1 (Yay!)

Part 3: The Part Where Details Died    
So I decided to try the Super Training in Santalune Forest. An hour later I looked up to the clock and realized it is quite addictive. Also, the minigame itself was handmade for rightys; handling the Circle Pad and the stylus in one hand at the same time is NOT easy D:

I get to Santalune City, and walk around for a bit before I realize the first gym is here. I go in, slightly weakened, and fight a couple trainers. Bad idea. Turns out you can't leave the gym until after you beat Viola... I ended up losing the first time because I only had poor Mozi to fight with >_< However, I recovered and got the Bug Badge after a fairly easy battle!

Onto the next route, and I learn the new mechanic; flower grass. This is where Flabébé appears, yellow flower form if it was found in the yellow flowers, red flower form if it was found in the roses. Except for that one time I found an orange flowered one in the yellow flowers, and then spent 45 minutes trying to replicate it...

Anyway, on to Lumiose City, city of light! NOW we get to meet Prof. Sycamore in all his French-y musical glory! I get to battle him too, and he has all 3 Kanto starters! And then I get to choose one after I win! I decided to pick Squirtle for my final team, and got a free Mega Stone to boot! Now, with the north end of Lumiose City closed off, I guess it's off to Route 5!

Nothing really on Route 5, other than some rails for your new pair of Roller Skates. However, I still caught a Pancham for my final team here before moving on to Camphrier Town.

At this point, the game has really ramped up the pace, since immediately after going to the place I have to go (Shabboneau Castle), we're already going off to Route 6 to investigate a Snorlax! And then off to Route 7 to get a Poké Flute! I can't, like, catch my breath or something? And when is the second gym? It feels like eons ago I beat Viola with a Fletchling and Fennekin...

So now my journey has left me off at a castle that costs $1000 to ENTER. Seems like a good place to split parts, but... I did sooo much more last night, so I'll put the rest in another section.

Part 3.5: The Part Where Details Died, Part 2    
Anyway, the castle. Apparently the guy who owns this castle owns a Poké Flute, and we need it for the Snorlax. He also owns a solid gold Milotic. Fancy. To get the Poké Flute, I need to find his Furfrou, which got lost in the garden in the back. It's there, and I need to play a cornering minigame to retrieve it. Then, FIREWORKS! After that fun little sidetracking, back to Route 6 to get the Snorlax up. He was still a bit grumpy, so I trapped him in a Poké Ball for a few seconds to calm him down. Apparently, that means you own him, so I stored him in the PC.

Now, down the LOOOOONG Route 6, which took a good 15 seconds to go down with the super fast Roller Skates. Then, I got to experience the first cave, short as it was. On to Route 8, where I found member #5 of my team; a small but powerful Inkay! (At this point, I stopped for the night, at 3 AM)

Started the day with a quick grinding session to get everyone up to snuff. By the end of it, the level were about even. At Ambrette Town, I learned of an intern with Fossils in Glittering Cave that I should talk to for the Fossils. Then, I got to Route 9, and RHYHORN RIDE! It seemed so fun trudging across spiky rocks on a Rhyhorn, blasting away boulders

Up to the present: Next to Glittering Cave, ready to get that intern and hopefully find the second gym!

Team    

Mozi (Braixen ♂/Level 19)

Blaze

-Psybeam **NEW**
-Flame Charge **NEW**
-Ember
-Howl **NEW**

Feuiles (Fletchinder ♀/Level 18)

Flame Body

-Tackle
-Ember **NEW**
-Quick Attack