Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 10, 2011, 07:54:42 PM
Charizard

Default Celebrating Pokemon Black and White, in GXSCC!!!

Been a while since I've been on the forums but to celebrate the release of Black and White version, here is a special on my youtube!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; March 16, 2011 at 05:55:18 PM.
Old March 11, 2011, 08:03:51 AM
Giratina

This sounds pretty dang good, I really like it! But I can't help thinking that this isn't actualy "8-bit" music, more just "video-game-esque" music... It doesn't quite sound 8-bit. But don't get me wrong, I really like how it sounds, and you've done an awesome job!
Old March 11, 2011, 10:07:20 AM
Shaymin

... o3o Nice job.
*downloads the MP3s*
Old March 13, 2011, 09:30:17 PM
Charizard

Yes, true. It's not "true" 8-Bit as it utilizes more channels than normal 8-bit music sounds but it's still stinkin' awesome!
Old March 16, 2011, 06:12:01 PM
Administrator

Pros
- Pretty well edited together Never mind, it's not a medley.
- Sounds decent except at times of too many clashing notes
- The notation itself sounds pretty good Never mind, you didn't notate it.

Cons
- GXSCC (I hate this program. I really do.)
- Calling it 8-bit (Please change the phrase "8-bit" to "GXSCC" in the title of the video and its description.)

I get very picky when it comes to mixes made with GXSCC, especially when someone calls it "8-bit." It's one of the most abused programs used in remixing. Often times, things sound better through proper synthesizers or with a variety of instruments than when rendered through GXSCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
Yes, true. It's not "true" 8-Bit as it utilizes more channels than normal 8-bit music sounds but it's still stinkin' awesome!
Well, at least you already know the other point I was going to make about most GXSCC remixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furryvcxz View Post
Cat, some reviews are best left unsaid. Ever hear of "Constructive criticism"?
Yes, but there can be a point when you gave too much constructive criticism that you just can't feel sorry anymore. At least that's how it is with me.

Same as all those stupid "8-bit remix" videos that use GXSCC and a downloaded MIDI; I just rate them 1/5 and move on. They require no talent, they sound stupid (at least to me), and almost take credit for painstakingly notating the whole thing.
Me personally, I don't think GXSCC sounds too bad, depending on what song you are "remixing". But Cat is right, it takes almost no talent.

And Jaredvcxz is right
And I know I already mentioned my dislike of GXSCC to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
The first image looks quite nice. 9/10

About the second, I'll have to state my opinion about not crediting the original work. This is for the same reason I hate most "8-bit" GXSCC works on YouTube; they just grab someone else's MIDI, plug it in, and claim it as their own work. The same holds true with your second image. PLEASE CREDIT ARKEIS. I KNOW ARKEIS IMAGES WHEN I SEE THEM. Don't just say "credit to Google Images". That's like crediting the phone book for the food from a restaurant! 2/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai
ok look, i just posted this picture because people liked it. I just goggled all the pictures i used so OBVIOUSELY I didn't exactly keep track of everything!!! IF you want the credit for whatever reason just tell me!!!! I'm just posting this because people like it and if you find a problem, don't deleat! Just message me your name and credit and whatever! I just basically made a collage without thinking so please. I'm just some guy who posted a picture, I'm not some preoffessional claiming that I 100 percent made it. I have no idea who made these so plz!
The two videos, while credited, are just visualizations. So, meh. 3/10 each.
With that out of the way, would you mind posting the actual MIDI file so we can enjoy how it sounds properly, and would you mind editing "8-bit" in your video to "GXSCC," please?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 21, 2013 at 11:39:53 PM. Reason: "Nevermind" is not a word
Old March 16, 2011, 08:55:44 PM
Charizard

Ha ha ha, oh Cat. Sometimes I feel like you can't just enjoy something. But I know what you mean.

For one Cat, I have no synthesizer or midi software. I am trying to get my hands on Cubase but that's in a long while.

Second, I only made this for fun as a mere celebration.

Thirdly, cannot post the midi files due to forum rules against roms

Lastly, the visuals were thrown in as a visual effects test with Trapcode form. I originally intended the video as a test and not an actual music video. The 8-Bit stuff was for hitting 2 birds with one stone.

Also, I like how you repost old work from several years ago when I was just some noob out there with Adobe Photoshop Elements with no experience with images I've found on Google. But just so it makes you feel better, the images have been fixed with credit a long while ago

Not to sound mean but you need to take a break man! You take it way too seriously although I do understand with all your experience in music and whatnot. But geeze, please.
Old March 17, 2011, 11:06:25 AM
Giratina

Well done! I hope you post more of your music over here in the future.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:48:09 PM
Kyurem

Great Job!
Old March 19, 2011, 01:39:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
Ha ha ha, oh Cat. Sometimes I feel like you can't just enjoy something. But I know what you mean.

For one Cat, I have no synthesizer or midi software. I am trying to get my hands on Cubase but that's in a long while.

Second, I only made this for fun as a mere celebration.

Thirdly, cannot post the midi files due to forum rules against roms

Lastly, the visuals were thrown in as a visual effects test with Trapcode form. I originally intended the video as a test and not an actual music video. The 8-Bit stuff was for hitting 2 birds with one stone.

Also, I like how you repost old work from several years ago when I was just some noob out there with Adobe Photoshop Elements with no experience with images I've found on Google. But just so it makes you feel better, the images have been fixed with credit a long while ago

Not to sound mean but you need to take a break man! You take it way too seriously although I do understand with all your experience in music and whatnot. But geeze, please.
Sorry if it sounded too harsh, but I just have a strong ire towards GXSCC and an even stronger one towards anything that calls itself 8-bit that is made with GXSCC and/or its sounds. I wasn't pointing out the flaws in the previous videos again; the red-highlighted part was included to show that I have previously stated my dislike for that program to you before.

Wait a minute...how the heck did you remix combine the files in this without an MIDI sequencer?! And yes, you can post the MIDI file. That rule is for ROM files, not musical dumps. *listens again*

Never mind, then. You didn't remix anything. You just dumped a bunch of MIDI files, opened them in GXSCC, and called it an 8-bit remix, which took no more than 30 minutes altogether. What did you spend the other 99 hours doing? Waiting for Trapcode to render the visualization?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkraiGiratina
So originally I made this back when Pokemon Black and White came out in Japan but the rendering time was so long I never had time to make it. Took me almost 100 hours. Trapcode Form isn't friendly to me.
This is what you did, is it not?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 21, 2013 at 11:39:25 PM. Reason: "Nevermind" is not a word
Old March 20, 2011, 07:33:13 AM
Celebi

Awesome Darkrai! I love it!
Old March 20, 2011, 07:55:55 AM
Charizard

Cat, yes, since I am a visual effects artist and NOT a composer, it indeed took me a short while for the music and most of the time working and rendering the actual video.

Also, it's not that hard to convert .sseq's into a .midi.

Dude, just enjoy or ignore it. No amount of ranting is gonna convert the whole world let alone my video into your skillful music making. If you want so bad for people to stop using this program, then why don't you just make some kind of video tutorial on true 8-bit or something, maybe even code your own software for all I care. I'd actually really like that. But please, you really need to calm down. The video is staying up no matter your reasons and hatred against its music.
Old March 20, 2011, 10:58:49 AM
Volcarona

The problem isn't so much that you used GXSCC, it's that you're taking credit for something you didn't do.
Old March 22, 2011, 12:10:16 AM
Charizard

Sorry to dissapoint you but I never once claimed I owned or made the music. If you read the description which I actually worded carefully, it says I made the video aspect of it back when it came out in Japan but it took too long to render. I never claimed anything regarding the music.

I also said that I made the special OF 8-bit remixes, I never said I MADE the 8-bit remixes.

You guys might want to read carefully before making accusations.
Old April 20, 2011, 09:11:10 AM
Linoone

It's okay I guess, you could've done with arranging the midi to fit the retro style better.