Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > Role-Playing: Sign-Ups and Characters

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 26, 2011, 05:47:21 PM
Volcarona

Lightbulb PMD: Children of Oddity

This is the very first time I'm using characters from a novel I'm writing IRL :3. Consider this a treat. The six siblings I'll be playing as are my copyright, so if you steal them, you're in deep trouble. Now that I've scared the stupid away, let's make the RP :3.

As of right now, anyone's welcome to join, and I need some people who can play the roles of all the members of Wigglytuff's Guild, along with a rival team and such. Others can fill positions for a job or a friendly team. Prepare to deal with children who have multiple problems, disorders, quirks, and diagnoses. Learn from them, and you may be able to help understand those who actually have it.

If anyone is willing to make a guild of their own and play as all the characters, I'm all for it. Due to the size of the character list involved, I wanted to keep it fairly simple, and keep the 1st half of the RP story strictly PMD. The 2nd half is where the real story starts to develop and the plot may change significantly. I want to ease other RP'ers into something they're familiar with before the 2nd half of the s

Please note: My characters can use magic that can mix with a Pokemon's moves. I will decide what happens and record it in the first post.

1/6

Name: Neil Krevesteen

Personality: Friendly and polite, but has a dark side like Blackadder when in a bad mood. Has Asperger's Syndrome. Sometimes doesn't catch onto subtle social cues, but can fend for himself. Sometimes pedantic. Don't get on his nerves or he might use his impressive grasp of English to hurt someone. He tries to control himself the best he can, but sometimes it slips out. Has a few problems with girls when they flirt because of his wealthy family. He thinks they flirt with him for money, but will be open and honest to those he trusts. Likes to explore new places, but also revisit the ones he is most fond of. Excellent memory and quick thinking makes him difficult to deceive or lie to. Sometimes stretches in awkward, sometimes uncomfortable ways. Clever and intelligent.

Species: Mienshao

Weapons/Usual Equipment: Magic and whatever he can find.

History: Trust me, if I wrote it, I'd be here until my dad retires from work. Let me weave it into the RP.

Strengths: Highly intelligent and clever. Fairly strong, but nothing noteworthy. Great memory and leadership skills.

Weaknesses: Due to his Asperger's, he's a bit clumsy. Has trouble walking down steep stairs sometimes. Sometimes a bit socially awkward. There's also his hurtful words when angered.

Miscellaneous: Tends to get along with his other siblings better than anyone else.

Quotes:

"Gengar doesn't do much to hide his vanity..."

(bad mood) "90 percent of the money we make goes to the Guild? Balderdash. What kind of jip joint do you run with 90 percent of everyone's money? That's higher than my great uncle's chance for Osteoporosis. We're not paying. If you have a problem with that, then you can kiss your precious exploration team goodbye."

2/6

Name: Daniel Krevesteen.

Personality: Since he has Bipolar disorder, he can be quite irritable. Dangerous when he has a severe mood swing or when someone really annoys him. Can be seen as a bully or a psychopath at first glance but he's really more of an angry policeman. Protective of his siblings and anyone who puts them in danger will be in even more danger themselves. Suffers from high blood pressure and hypertension.

Species: Ursaring.

Weapons/Usual Equipment: Magic, fists, and plenty of strength to back him up.

Strengths: Powerful. Able-bodied and not afraid to speak his mind, especially when he can do it with his fist. His real potential shows when he tries to protect someone. Determined and fearless.

Weaknesses: Easy to anger. He can be very dangerous, given how unstable he is. If someone pushes him off the deep end, he will lose it and attack. For safety's sake, he has to keep as relaxed as he can, due to his high blood pressure, hypertension, and Bipolar Disorder. When he has a headache or a nosebleed, that's a warning sign that he's close to hurting himself really badly, like a stroke or a coma as a body response.

Miscellaneous: He doesn't get along too well with his youngest brother, Andrew.

Quote:

"See this?" *holds up berry that belongs to a Pokemon*

"That's my berry! Give it back!" (Pokemon)

(Angry) "Tell me where my brother is or I'll *pulverize* your stupid berry!"

"Don't you roll your eyes at me, lady!"

3/6

Name: Stanley Krevesteen

Personality: Has to be supervised at all times, especially when in a dangerous environment. Has ADD and PDD-NOS. He is hopelessly lost when it comes to figures of speech and will take it literally. This could cause him to take action based on what he interpreted. Another problem is his curiosity. Having ADD, he has a lack of awareness of his surroundings and focuses only on the object he's looking at. If he sees an alarm button, he won't see the sign, he'll just press the button, wanting to know what it does. Has a tendency of asking strange questions to anyone. He's innocent and naive, and one could compare him to a little kitten. He doesn't have any qualms with wanting to cuddle with someone, but sometimes he comes off as cute to some people.

Species: Riolu

Weapons/Usual equipment: Magic, just like his other siblings.

Strengths: Intense level of focus, at the cost of awareness of his surroundings. Can remember little details and will point something out if it doesn't add up. Gifted at math and algebra (though for the sake of my lack of such skills, the best I can do is make him gesture and calculate). Graceful, acrobatic, and agile. Incredible accuracy, helped by math skills.

Weaknesses: His inattention and curiosity have landed him in so many dangerous situations in the past. Can be a constant source of worry for others who fear for his safety. Has a condition called Pain Asymbolia, aka Pain Dissociation. He can feel pain, but he doesn't suffer from it. It's just a feeling, and as a result, he can fall and break an arm, but not wince. While this may seem like a gift at first, when combined with his other problems, it can be very bad for him. He never winces if struck or hurt in any way, so no one can really tell if he's in any health-related danger. Just imagine if you were playing PMD and you had no health bar or number, only a question mark. It'd be very hard to cope with.

Miscellaneous: As his sister, Miranda feels the need to look after him. They have developed a mother-child relationship over time, and if Stanley is upset or scared about something, Miranda is the first person he goes to. Seeing Stanley scared or upset is a very troubling sign, just like when a dog cowers in fear in the dark because it senses something that its owner can't.

Quotes:

1: "Neil, someone told me that putting ammonia and bleach together is dangerous. Is this true?"

2: "Neil, if you close the fridge door, does the little light stay on?"

3: "Miranda, someone was on the phone. He said I may have won $1 million."

4: Miranda: Stanley, what are you doing in my underwear drawer?

Stanley: Andrew told me to look for his slingshot; he told me it was in this drawer.

Miranda (to herself): I wish Andrew would stop telling him to do things like this...it's not funny.

4/6

Name: Miranda Krevesteen

Personality: She's like a mother to her brothers, especially with Stanley. In fact, she acts a lot like her own mother. She always seems to know something nobody else knows and sometimes "teases" the others, trying to keep them hopeful that she can pull a miracle out of her sleeve. She usually doesn't tell them what it is until the time is right for her. However, like all her brothers, she has a dark side of her own. She can be vindictive and vengeful, determined to get her revenge on whoever did her or her friends and family wrong. She has an unforgettable "death stare." If she gives you her death stare, you're in deep trouble. It takes a lot for her to get to that point, but it has happened before. Has a mellow and relaxed tone of voice for the most part.

Species: Gardevoir.

Weapons: Magic, and her knowledge of unarmed combat and self-defense.

Strengths: The wisdom that every good mother has. Uses common sense and good judgement. Not afraid to protect herself or others, and knows how to fight in self-defense.

Weaknesses: It takes a lot for her to hate someone, but if that happens, she's vindictive and vengeful. Will hunt down anyone who she hates. She can get very frustrated if things go horribly wrong and things are thrown into chaos.

Miscellaneous: She is a twin to Neil.

Quotes:

1: "You're panicking again, NO. I refuse...I *refuse*... to let you panic."

2: "Open the door, open the stupid door."

3: "That's just a bat, Simon. They'll only hurt you if you hurt them. Which there will be more, so you'll just have to deal with it."

5/6

Name: Simon Krevesteen

Personality: Suffers from PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) and OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder). Obsesses over cleanliness and order. Can't stand a mess. Shows signs of paranoia. Extremely afraid of falling objects, which were responsible for the death of his parents, thus bringing the PTSD along with them. If he hears something crash or bump all of a sudden, he'll immediately take cover as a reaction.

Aside from his abnormal behavior under those circumstances he's very science-minded and even invented various gadgets and items back home. Serious-minded, and a bit solemn at times. A bit of a pessimist at times when things aren't looking so good in a given situation. Very high IQ, which he seems to make more use of since the death of his parents and the psychological damage he suffered.

If in a danger that doesn't involve falling objects, he's actually quite courageous, as long as he doesn't have a reason to worry about something falling directly on top of him. Tries to be at least somewhat happy, but is easily upset when his parents' deaths are mentioned. Sometimes notices that his constant worrying is a burden on his siblings and tries to fight it, but if he doesn't see an improvement, he starts to feel miserable.

Species: Dewott

Weapons: An Uzi pistol that he crafted as an experiment to see whether it could fire magic spells. It turned out to be a success. Can also be loaded with live ammunition.

Strengths: Mechanical genius. Amateur inventor/scientist with a high level of intelligence. Although he's very afraid of falling objects and excitable sometimes, he's perfectly fine in a dangerous situation. Extensive knowledge of microbiology and pathology, a hobby of his, which he can use to warn his friends about potentially unsafe areas during their adventures.

Weaknesses: As mentioned before, he's really scared of falling objects and is hyper-vigilant in caverns and mountains. If someone scares him deliberately with either, he can get very nasty to the point where he pulls out his magical gun. Absolutely hates anyone who uses his fears against him. Excitable when a sensitive topic is involved, like falling objects or his parents' deaths.

Miscellaneous: Can temporarily face his greatest fears if a friend of his is in serious danger. Miranda tries to desensitize him to falling objects sometimes, with moderate progress.

Quotes:

"I really don't like caverns. All those stalactites. Who's to say we won't get impaled by one?"

"'Germs' can kill you. They can kill you in so many ways; some of them worse than you could imagine...or stomach."

"I know someone who tried to scare me with the very thing I'm afraid of. He quickly stopped once I pulled this out. (pulls out his magic Uzi pistol.)"

6/6

Name: Andrew Krevesteen

Personality: ADHD. Full of energy and sometimes spends it in an annoyingly playful and childish way. A bit mischievous and a very clever prankster. Because he has ADHD, he can make careless mistakes in various situations. Usually happy, but hyper, and makes noises sometimes when he's in his own little world. Like Stanley, he does explore his environment in a careless way sometimes. Sometimes doesn't quite understand the concept of personal space and will carry his playful and frenetic behavior onto others. When he isn't quite so hyper, he's curious, innocent, and naive like Stanley.

Species: Pachirisu

Strengths: Very active and energetic. Very fast. Hard to deter him from what he wants to do. Usually in a good mood, especially when he's running around everywhere. Clever prankster and can set up elaborate schemes, distractions, and anything of a mischievous or playful nature.

Weaknesses: Hyperactive. Can easily make careless mistakes because his mind wanders from time to time. Annoyingly playful. In a humorous sense, he seems to sap the energy from everyone around him as they start to get tired of his behavior. Inattentive to his surroundings like Stanley, but not quite as oblivious. Doesn't really understand how the world works. He isn't really able to hold out on his own in a fight, given his age and his cute yet fragile form. Sometimes gets bored during long lectures and anything he hears goes in one ear and out the other.

Miscellaneous: Likes to tease Daniel, who is also the subject of many of his "minor" pranks.

Quotes:

"DOOSH!" (pretends to punch something)

Neil: Andrew, do you have an idea what irony is?

Andrew: It's like goldy and bronzy, only it's made of iron.

Neil (frozen grin): ...yes. >_>

This thread is in progress and will be updated as I write more. Talk to me if you want to apply for any position, whether it be Guildmaster Wigglytuff, Chimecho, a rival team, partners, etc.

(The whole point of this RP is to take a beloved PMD game and turn it on its head, starting with my characters .

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; August 23, 2011 at 07:38:27 AM.