Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 25, 2011, 06:14:52 AM
Mudkip

Cool Restarted my SoulSilver

Hey everybody, I had restarted my SoulSilver after transfering my Feraligator (Chompers, dont ask) and someof my other Pokemon. I now have a Meganium, Pidgeoto, Setrat (soon to be a FurretI, the red Gyradoes, and a Ratttta (i dont care if I spelled it wroung). I have the Zeypher Badge (Falkner), Hive Badge (Bugsy), Plain Badge (Whitney), Soul Badge (Morty), cant remember the name of the badge Badge (Chuck),Mineara Badge (Jasmine), and the Glacier Badge (Pryce). I am currently at the Radio Tower battling Grunts. Any ideas?
Old October 25, 2011, 01:08:15 PM
Shaymin

Some of your pokemon (like Ratatta) are not very good. Here is what my team usually looks like.

But that is just me, I think you should also train a lot before you do much in the game (that is my strategy).

Last edited by teamplasma; October 25, 2011 at 01:09:28 PM.
Old October 25, 2011, 04:12:43 PM
Charizard

I restarted HeartGold a while ago too, but haven't got around to actually playing it yet...
Old October 26, 2011, 06:52:08 AM
Mudkip

Default UPDATE

Hey everybody, Its me again. I have beaten the Blackthorn Gym and got the Rising Badge http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/...2a38fff176.jpg

BTW Watch out for her two Dragonair. Their Dragon Pulses can be killer. Right now I have the Master Ball and I saved in front of the Kimino Girls. My brother (going unnamed because he does not have a account on VR) and I made a deal that I will battle him vie IR and if he wins I will have to wait until he catches up to me.
Old October 26, 2011, 07:25:51 PM
Kyurem

Well, if your team is the same as the one you posted in the thread, then I'd say it needs to be edited a bit.
First off, take the Furret and Rattatta away. They won't do you much help past the first couple gyms, really.
I'd say go and get the Extremespeed Dratini from the Dragon's Lair and raise it. Dragonite will prove to be a great addition to your team later on.
I also caught a Gastly and Machop in my SoulSilver and raised them to Gengar and Machamp, which proved to be a great choice.
You could also replace the Pidgeotto with Togetic, which you should have gotten already as a Togepi.
You should also consider getting a Fire type like Houndoom, or an Electric type like Ampharos for your team.
Old October 26, 2011, 10:08:23 PM
Zoroark

It's literally a year to the day that I bought HG/SS with two years worth of saved money and the farthest I've ever bothering going in SS was Ecruteak and Lake of Rage.
Old October 28, 2011, 10:01:52 AM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Well, if your team is the same as the one you posted in the thread, then I'd say it needs to be edited a bit.
First off, take the Furret and Rattatta away. They won't do you much help past the first couple gyms, really.
I'd say go and get the Extremespeed Dratini from the Dragon's Lair and raise it. Dragonite will prove to be a great addition to your team later on.
I also caught a Gastly and Machop in my SoulSilver and raised them to Gengar and Machamp, which proved to be a great choice.
You could also replace the Pidgeotto with Togetic, which you should have gotten already as a Togepi.
You should also consider getting a Fire type like Houndoom, or an Electric type like Ampharos for your team.
I have a a Pidegeot now andtraining my other Pokemon. BTW Is Kangaskan prounounced Kangaskan or Kangashen? I say the first one but my broher says otherwise
Old November 8, 2011, 06:57:34 AM
Mudkip

Post UPDATE 2.0

Hey everybody it me, Reshiram5. Sorry I havent been on since October 28 I was having troubles with my life that I dont need to get into detail. Anywhy I gone through the Victory Road. Compare to Diamond it has a very easy layout.
At the entrance I met Joseph (my Rival) and the battle was pretty easy except for his Magneton and his Typhlosion. His Magneton kept on Paralyzing me and the Typhlosion has a monster of an a attack and defense. Then I battled Will of the E4. He was easy also except his Slobro was annoying with its mildly high attack and defense.

I saved in front of Koga. So gice your comments so far and tell me your ideas. Of course because im battaling the E4 I cant change my team but still you know.
Old November 8, 2011, 01:43:37 PM
Shaymin

Mind updating us on your team?
Old November 9, 2011, 06:01:14 AM
Mudkip

Default Team Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Mind updating us on your team?

Oh, hey Teamplasma I have'nt seen you on the forums in a while. My team right now is Meganium, Lugia, Pidgeot, the red Gyradoes, Onix, Golbat
Old November 9, 2011, 02:03:41 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram5 View Post
Oh, hey Teamplasma I have'nt seen you on the forums in a while. My team right now is Meganium, Lugia, Pidgeot, the red Gyradoes, Onix, Golbat
Really? I am online all the time!!! And It sounds fine to me, but I hate Lugia!!! But that is just me.
Old November 10, 2011, 05:33:39 PM
Mudkip

Red face True True

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Really? I am online all the time!!! And It sounds fine to me, but I hate Lugia!!! But that is just me.
You know your right I just havent been on in a while and the few times I am your not. I dont want to sound mushy but besides 7Dewott your one of my best friends on VR
Old November 14, 2011, 09:08:52 PM
Kyurem

You know i was planning to restart my SS someday. I think sometime around newyears maybe i would have to move some pokemon to one of my other games first to save my 4th gen teams so i can use them in the future.
Old November 15, 2011, 06:11:10 AM
Mudkip

ITS ME, THE BEST PERSON ON VR THAT YOU WILL EVER MEET. Nah im just kidding its Reshiram5. Right now I have tried multiple times to beat the Elite 4 (Why didnt anyone tell me that the Grass-Type starters are hard to train). All iv done is nickname some of my Pokemon. Like my Pidgeot. The closest iv gotten to beating the E4 is getting to Bruno's last Pokemon, his Machamp.
Old November 15, 2011, 06:31:54 AM
Landorus

Quote:
ITS ME, THE BEST PERSON ON VR THAT YOU WILL EVER MEET. Nah im just kidding its Reshiram5. Right now I have tried multiple times to beat the Elite 4 (Why didnt anyone tell me that the Grass-Type starters are hard to train). All iv done is nickname some of my Pokemon. Like my Pidgeot. The closest iv gotten to beating the E4 is getting to Bruno's last Pokemon, his Machamp.
Well, they were very easy for me.(but that's probably due to the fact I had a level 57 Dialgia on my team, but I never used it until I got to the dragon user) One huge problem with your team: One electric type move, you're done for. Look, you can't just rely on one pokemon to save you from any electric types. I know, team building is really tough.
Old November 22, 2011, 11:37:12 AM
Mudkip

Hey guys, havent played in a while since im catching up on Inuyasha (dont know what it is, look at my Avatar, CP photo, and my signature) anyway I helped my brother get to the Cave of Origions in HG and he dosent know how to unlock Groudon/Kayogre event. If you guys know how please post it and he would be very grateful.
Old November 22, 2011, 11:57:29 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Hey guys, havent played in a while since im catching up on Inuyasha (dont know what it is, look at my Avatar, CP photo, and my signature) anyway I helped my brother get to the Cave of Origions in HG and he dosent know how to unlock Groudon/Kayogre event. If you guys know how please post it and he would be very grateful.
This is for Pokemon Soul Silver, am I wrong? Then why are you talking about Pokemon Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire?
Old November 23, 2011, 04:15:51 PM
Mudkip

Smile New Team and Update

Hey dudes and dudettes, Reshiram5 here for another update on my SoulSilver. First of all I had some battles with my brother. I dont know bout you guys but I think my brothers level 50 Snorlax (named Snoozy) that has the move set Rest,Snore,Sleep Talk, and Yawn is kinda unfair doncha think? We also had what he calls a "Magikarp" trade which is one of my useless pokemon (Cough cough, Magikarp) that I just needed for my Pokedex for an Egg that hatched into a Level 1 Bulbasaur (this is my brother talking) I USED HACKS!!! >:3
Old November 24, 2011, 08:56:26 AM
Servine

No, it's called strategic. But yanno, what would be better:
Snorlax @ leftovers
EVS: 252 HP/252 DEF/4 SPD
-Sleep Talk
-Rest
-Heavy Slam
-Yawn
So when he's not asleep, Heavy Slam comes in affect.
Old December 5, 2011, 04:31:16 PM
Kyurem

I started over like a month ago on my SS, and i got a few things left to do but i started over so i could get better Shiny RNG frames for my game and i found like 5 very good frames. (If you dont know what RNG is look it up on google or smogon)
Old December 6, 2011, 06:22:02 AM
Mudkip

Thumbs up Updation

Yo whats up guys its me. Geez I cant even remember how long its been since I talked to you. So far I am stuck at the 4 E4 which is the dark type ( why cant i remember her name help me out please) anywhey her first Pokemon Umbreon pulverized me with a couple of Faint Attacks. And you whats worse. I kept on taunting and laughing at me by doing like 100 Double Teams because all I had left was my Kingler. By the way it know Guiotine(scuse me if i spelled that wroung) now but not then, if only it could have landed at least once Umbreon would have fainted. so what do ya think?
Old May 23, 2012, 08:28:13 AM
Mudkip

Default Long Awaited Update

YO EVERYBODY, I have been tackling the E4 and the Champion multiple times and have failed. 2 times I have have gotten to Lance's 2nd Pokemon. First time I beat his Gyradoes and then I could'nt land a hit on his Aerodactul, Second beat his Gyradoes and then his Charizard just popped up I was like "Holy [insert favorite curse word here], its his Charizard" I hit him a couple of times with Hydro Pump from Lugia but then he destroyed me.
Old May 23, 2012, 10:19:20 AM
Mudkip

Default Ruby/Saphire/Emerald to HeartGold/SoulSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dewott8 View Post
This is for Pokemon Soul Silver, am I wrong? Then why are you talking about Pokemon Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire?
Their is a aftergame thing where you can eather get Groudon or Kyogre in the Cave of Origins (located on the route right after the Safari Gate)
Old May 24, 2012, 08:11:10 PM
Kyurem

You know i could trade you a pokemon to help with the E4 your having trouble with. I also got Soul Silver.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:35:47 PM
Mudkip

That would be great. What Pokemon do you have up for grabs?
Old May 26, 2012, 02:38:00 PM
Kyurem

Mostly anything. I can migrate a high lv pokemon from my emerald version that i been using for u to have and use.
Old June 2, 2012, 02:11:17 PM
Mudkip

Default Update number ??? (IF YOU DONT GET THAT REFERANCE YOU SHOULD GET OUT OF THIS THREAD N

Hey people, lately i have been training my pokemon for element/type battles. If you don't know what i mean its using pokemon of one specific type. Currently I am training my tentecool to be the strongest Tentecruel ever. I am going to challenge my bro's friend to a battle. Him using his Onix. Me using my then Tentecruel (It has whirlpool and waterfall). Who will be rooting for me?
Old July 30, 2012, 10:59:49 PM
Charizard

So? Where are you up to now?

I just restarted HeartGold again, too.
Picked Totodile, and I plan on keeping this save file.