Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old September 11, 2010, 12:25:35 AM
Administrator

Default A flood of new Pokémon in CoroCoro

A bunch of new Pokémon were released in CoroCoro this month. Here is a list of the new monsters:
  • Janobii - evolves from Tsutaaja, and is a pure grass type Pokémon with its ability as Overgrow.
  • Chaofuu - evolves from Pokabu with Fire/Fighting type and the ability Blaze.
  • Futachimaru - evolves from Mijumaru with a pure water type and the ability torrent.
  • Churine - a grass Pokémon with the ability Chlorophyll or Own Tempo. It is exclusive to Pokémon White.
  • Choroneko - is dark typed with the ability Limber or Unburden. It is said to be obatined by 'N'.
  • Monmen - the grass typed Pokémon that is exclusive to Pokémon Black. Its ability is Mischievous Heart or Slip Through.
  • Baffuron - a bull Pokémon with the ability Reckless and Herbivore. It also learns a new move called Afro Break.
  • Dangoro - a Rock typed Pokémon with a new move called Strike Down.
  • Mebukijika - It is Shikijika's evolution. It also changes it color with the change of the seasons, and has the ability Chlorophyll or Herbivore.
  • Yooterii - he puppy Pokémon. Its ability is Pick-up, and has a move called Cheer up that boosts both attack and special attack.
  • Tamagetake - Grass/Poison typed with Effect Spore. It has a new move called Clear Smoke.

Some additional moves were also reveled related to old Pokémon we previously knew.
  • Boappu is fire-typed with the ability Gluttony. It has a move called Burst Flame.
  • Hiyappu is water-typed with the ability Gluttony. It has a move called Boiling Water than can also inflict a burn, although it is water-typed.
  • Emonga has a new move called Elci Ball.
  • There is a move for Victini that is called Flaming Sphere. It induces a burn and hits all Pokémon on the field.
  • Basurao has got two different forms depending on the versions. Yet is water typed nad has two abilities; Reckless and Adaptability.
  • Desukaan has a new ability called Mummy. If it gets inflicted with a physical attack, the attacker will become a Mummy.
  • Ononokusu is dragon typed and has a new move called Dragon Tail.
  • Denchura is Bug/Electric with Compoundeyes or Tension. Its Tension ability prevents the opponent's Pokemon from eating Berries.
  • Doryuuzu is Ground/Steel with either Sand Gun or Sand Power. It knows a Ground-type attack called "Drill Liner" which has a high critical hit rate.
  • Tabunne is a Normal Pokémon with a new move called Healing Wave that restores the HP of its allies. It has two abilities; Regeneration and Healing Heart.
  • Reshiram's signature move is called Cross Fire, while Zekrom's signature move is called Cross Thunder. If one of them get hit first by the other's signature move, their signature move will become stronger.

Another information were also shown regarding general things.
  • The first gym is going to be Grass, Fire and Water gym. There are three leaders, Dento (Grass), Poddo(Fire) and Kon(Water). It all depends on your starter. If you choose a grass starter, you will battle Poddo, and so on. It is like your rival battles.
  • Aloe, the second gym leader runs a normal typed gym.
  • The main menus of the games are going to hold: Continue, Mystery Gift, Battle Tournament (for battling friends), Game Sync (for the Dream World), Wi Fi settings, Mic Test, and Transfer Machine.
  • Transferring from Gen IV will be done wirelessly and in Huin City after saying specific words.
  • Zoroark will be battled in the Illusion Woods, while Zorua in a building in Huin City..
  • The Dream World will be played on your computer, and on a Dream Island. Various Pokémon will be found in various areas.
  • You receive Munna by borrowing it form Mukamo.
  • There are mini-games in the Dream World. When you play well with the, the Pokémon you caught in the Dream World will be sent to your game version.
  • A new character called Geechisu is a Team Plasma executive.
  • You can travel to new islands with the ships that depart from Huin City.

Scans (large images!):
Spoiler Alert:    

UPDATE
One of the scans has unknown validity. Details:
Fake scan details    

It was stated on PokéBeach that the scan is part of a removable section, so the printing design is slightly different. However, the numbers are still backwards, and that could only be a fake, a printing error, or the insert placed into the magazine upside-down.

Possibly fake scan:
Spoiler Alert:    

Sources: CoroCoro, Serebii, PokéBeach, 2ch, Bulbapedia

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 11, 2010 at 06:47:03 PM.
Old September 11, 2010, 12:25:55 AM
Administrator

Someone who isn't lazy, please expand the opening post.
Old September 11, 2010, 12:50:25 AM
Regigigas

Geesh these games are getting close.

I like the monkey trio, and I like the gym leader trio. I don't like that you only fight one, I was hoping it would be a triple battle, plus a gym leader with only one pokemon sounds too easy.

New pokemon, some are good some are meh. I'm definitely using Basurao, not sure how the forms work. Glad to finally get confirmations on those four unknown pokemon, someone will be happy to see a certain tomb's face. Deer evolution is cool, rock pre evolution is cool, hopefully the buffalo isn't related to tauros, as I think they're different species. Glad the starters are confirmed. I like the dark cat an the pokeball mushroom. The other two grass pokemon, the puppy, and tabuune, I don't like so much.

Team Plasma is weird. I don't know why they have a knight theme, but their boss is cool looking. what are those drawing things on his sides? N is of course as cool as ever.

I hate the event pokemon: Celebi, the shiny beasts, Victini, and the Zoro family. When are we going to get those events here? If we don't, how do we get those pokemon? Also not sure if I liek dream world, I probably won't use it much if at all.

Last edited by Sableyed; September 11, 2010 at 12:51:18 AM.
Old September 11, 2010, 01:20:19 AM
Shaymin

The main thing I can't wait for is the full Pokedex release in a few days.But yeah, Things are getting close.
Old September 11, 2010, 01:25:08 AM
Rayquaza

I bet the plasma leader might be in relation with N.

Desukaan finally got revealed I know some certian use that will be very happy about this.

When I saw Mebukijika's other forms I actually cracked up.

I personally like all the desghns of the new pokemon except for Tabunne, I find it to human like.
Old September 11, 2010, 04:02:37 AM
Zoroark

THERE. Are you happy Technomancer? There's your precious Desukan.
Old September 11, 2010, 04:14:55 AM
Celebi

Lets keep technomancer away from this thread, and WOW!
Basurao forms! Huzzah! I like the blue one, I wonder which game it is in, because Serebii said Basurao's form is different depending on the game you have.
Tauros evo I think! THe rumoured Minotauros might be true!
That mushroom has a pokeball on it's head. Not ANOTHER pokeball imposter.
Now it's proven that shikiajaika is NOT a stanler pre-evo (told you so) and its winter form looks cool.
Denchura is cool and CUTE! ADORABLE! Another defo team member.
Glameow rip-off. But this time it looks like it approcahes with a dog equivalent.
Aww, Baurossu. But sadly, I have decided on my water type.
That thing that looks like a Grass Castform is sooooo cute! I like! I like!
Rock circle. Gigaiasu pre-evo. Betcha.
I think Mijumaru is having fighting type evo's, but I have a feeling Pokabu will as well. So I am also boycotting all fire/fighting starters.
But one lets me down. Tabunne. It is just, meh. Terrible.
These can't be fake. There is just NO way this can be fake.

WHAT? Munna is a one time oppertunity? Like Eevee? That... is.... so..... AWESOME!
And, Mam-mam-mamanbou isn't evolving from Luvdisc? And that isn't a tauros evo? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WHY IS CHURINE POKEMON WHITE ONLY? That has completely changed the game I am getting. Pokemon White FTW!

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; September 11, 2010 at 10:44:45 AM.
Old September 11, 2010, 04:39:40 AM
Rayquaza

Phew! At last I am done editing it! There were a lot to write about!

Cat, what are Baossu and Hiyassu? I couldn't find them to write about them.

I also have a confirmation that there is no evolution nor pre-evolution from other generations in this generation.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; September 11, 2010 at 04:40:47 AM.
Old September 11, 2010, 04:48:56 AM
Giratina

AEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

My excitement meter is off the charts. I want these games, NOW. But Denchura's front has me disappointed, and Tabunne is AWFUL. Overall, though, pretty awesome.

@Spirit, Baoppu and Hiyappu are the fire and water monkeys from the trio.

Last edited by Ningamer; September 11, 2010 at 04:50:03 AM.
Old September 11, 2010, 05:02:59 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
WHAT? Munna is a one time oppertunity? Like Eevee? That... is.... so..... AWESOME!
And, Mam-mam-mamanbou isn't evolving from Luvdisc? And that isn't a tauros evo? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
That sucks big time!!

WOW!!! Those new pokemon look pretty cool, the monkey trio is beast, I'm glad the starters 1st evolution is the same but I dont like there 2nd evolutions that was reveled, plus Ononokusu is like my 2nd favorite B&W pokemon besides Kibago. All of those pokemon lok really cool and I cant wait for B&W to come out!

P.S. A bull with a Afro!!!!
Old September 11, 2010, 05:05:44 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
@Spirit, Baoppu and Hiyappu are the fire and water monkeys from the trio.
It was Cat who typed them, not me. I only added the information.
Old September 11, 2010, 05:43:40 AM
Volcarona

Sweet! I'm soooooooo excited for the english realese!
NOTE: Mabey the Deskuan man will be quiet now......
Old September 11, 2010, 06:01:53 AM
Rayquaza

Desukaan sounds scary. Its ability is really strange.
Old September 11, 2010, 06:19:19 AM
Giratina

Desukaan actually looks pretty badass. Though I'm curious to see what Mummy is...
Old September 11, 2010, 06:37:09 AM
Rayquaza

New information: You can travel to new islands from Huin City.
Old September 11, 2010, 06:37:17 AM
Celebi

I'm assuming the "Puppy Pokemon" is that semi-Growlithe clone with the fuzzy face. o3o I luvs him! The new cat looks cool too, but reminds me of Glameow. I hope the evo isn't purring and ugly. :B The "fire Aipom" has funny sad eyes. (Reminds me of Magby.) And that little deer Pokemon.... Bambi evolves into his dad? Ahh! <3
Old September 11, 2010, 06:47:30 AM
Rayquaza

I want to choose Tsutarja, but I am getting addicted to the deer's evolution.
Old September 11, 2010, 06:51:08 AM
Regigigas

Whew. Desukaan actually looks better than expected. Its ability is kinda confusing, though.

Ahh, puppymon is soooo kyooot! <3 I might use this one.

NeoGeodude is ugly. Seriously. Tabunne looks weird, but I wouldn't say it's ugly.

I want the cotton ball Pokemon! But I also want Rankurusu. And Zekrom. Black or White? I can't decide! >.<

So the guy from that one cutscenes is just an executive? Then who's the leader?

Two evolutionary families that look like Pokeballs? How the heck can there be any Pokemon that evolved to resemble Pokeballs if they were a new invention? Shouldn't that take, like, thousands of years of evolution? But Pokeballshroom still looks way better (and slightly more original) than Voltorb.

So Basurao has version-exclusive forms? Then which one are they going to use in the third version?

So many questions! i can't wait until it's released!

Last edited by Leaftail; September 11, 2010 at 06:51:58 AM.
Old September 11, 2010, 07:19:34 AM
Kyurem

Holy gee this is awesome! I KNEW something had to be up when 13 people we looking at the news section. Many of of these Pokemon look pretty good I think, and its good they are finally starting to reveal some of the Pokemon that aren't unevolved and cutesy. I'm getting more and more excited by the day!
Old September 11, 2010, 10:09:18 AM
Landorus

* Idno58 has caught the OMGDESUKAAN flu *
Old September 11, 2010, 10:15:56 AM
Celebi

Now catch the OMGCHURINE flu.
Old September 11, 2010, 10:33:02 AM
Haxorus

Okay. This is me when I scrolled down looking for Desukan...

/./Scrolling... Scrolling... Scrolling, nothing yet..././

/./Shouting at the top of my lungs, hair standing up on end, goosebumps everywhere/./

"HOLY S*** HE'S F****** WAY MORE AWESOME THAN I EVER COULD HAVE IMAGINED OOOMMMGGG DESUKAN IS HERE GJR OGHJRAOGH REAPHJRPGJ

HTOWE UJGTOJGOWAOTJ EGPIEGR"

I was so loud I woke up my wife in the other room. ._.

BUT STILL HOLY B*LLS DUDE

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; September 11, 2010 at 10:41:05 AM.
Old September 11, 2010, 10:41:42 AM
Shaymin

WOW that's alot but only if they showed the 3rd evolutions of the starters... didn't someone put them on a different thread
Old September 11, 2010, 11:05:48 AM
Banned

The Mijumaru evo looks very cool.
Old September 11, 2010, 11:06:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Baoppu and Hiyappu are the fire and water monkeys from the trio.
That was a mistake on my part. I do not like how they put the dakuten on the "fu" character below it, making it look similar to "su." That was with the low quality scans originally posted, and I failed to check them again after the new ones were up.
Old September 11, 2010, 01:54:16 PM
Zoroark

Did I ever mention how Doryuuzu is the best 5th gen Pokemon EVAR!?!?!!? No? Well he is.
Old September 11, 2010, 04:03:53 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
[*]Futachimaru - evolves from Mijumaru with a pure water type and the ability torrent.

The 'Fettuccine' Pokémon looks better in the scans than in the previous images.
[*]Choroneko - is dark typed with the ability Limber or Unburden. It is said to be obatined by 'N'.

This one reminds me with Glameow, only it looks cooler and more wicked.
[*]Baffuron - a bull Pokémon with the ability Reckless and Herbivore. It also learns a new move called Afro Break.

This seems like a pretty cool Pokémon for me.
[*]Mebukijika - It is Shikijika's evolution. It also changes it color with the change of the seasons, and has the ability Chlorophyll or Herbivore.

Wow. This is one heck of an amazing evolution!
[*]Tamagetake - Grass/Poison typed with Effect Spore. It has a new move called Clear Smoke.

Looks more original than Voltorb for me...

[*]Desukaan has a new ability called Mummy. If it gets inflicted with a physical attack, the attacker will become a Mummy.

Desukan looks so badass! I definitely like it, although I don't fully understand its ability.
[*]Ononokusu is dragon typed and has a new move called Dragon Tail.
[*]Denchura is Bug/Electric with Compoundeyes or Tension. Its Tension ability prevents the opponent's Pokemon from eating Berries.
[*]Doryuuzu is Ground/Steel with either Sand Gun or Sand Power. It knows a Ground-type attack called "Drill Liner" which has a high critical hit rate.

Those three guys are just pure awesomeness.
[*]Aloe, the second gym leader runs a normal typed gym.

I didn't expect her to be a Normal-type gym leader. Not that it is a bad thing, after all.
[*]A new character called Geechisu is a Team Plasma executive.

Looks like an evil person to me. I like him.
I'm not going to repeat myself again, but I'm just going to say that I can already hear my heartbeat out of excitement!
Old September 11, 2010, 04:34:46 PM
Keldeo

"The buffalo pokemon learns a new move called "Afro break"
Pfffffft
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok ok sorry sorry. xD Im leaning more and more to getting the water starter. Sure his first form has an icecream head, but he turns out pretty cool looking. Some kinda otter samurai it looks like. Oh and those monkeys are awesome. They look like a hippie trio. Im guessing they work like minun and plusle only for triple battles? Also if the gym leader is using one they must be fairly strong. Kinda interested now...

EDIT: ALSO OH YEY! YET ANOTHER FIRE/FIGHTING STARTER. :I

Last edited by Sunny; September 11, 2010 at 04:35:32 PM.
Old September 11, 2010, 06:27:26 PM
Zoroark

One of them is fake: http://i52.tinypic.com/24wrrzd.jpg

But I really like the look of Miju's evolution, and its name sounds really cool too: Futachimaru.

Last edited by Buoysel; September 11, 2010 at 06:29:15 PM.
Old September 11, 2010, 07:39:52 PM
Servine

afro break..... it makes me think or black people with afro's (im not being racist) but that move is so weird it funny

I JUST LOVE YOOTERI

i want desukan to die ..... >_< wait....isnt it already died

Ononokusu way to be original ulgy giritana

wooguru .... he will taste good in thanksgiving

Mebukijika awsome and all but if its a male i think there shouldnt be any pink flowers on it

swana pretty self explanitory name

doryuuzu awsome but the face kinda reminds me of a staraptor

(CHAO)buu choabuu yea all we need ANOTHER fire and fighting .... and to think infernape wasnt enough

basurao carvanna wanna-be
Old September 11, 2010, 07:56:31 PM
Kyurem

AWESOMSAUCENESS MORE GRASS TYPES!!! THAT'S ALL I'M PAYING ATTENTION TO, THOUGH DESUKAN IS AWESOME TOO! OMG! OMG! OM- *shot*

I'm really excited for B/W now. Hurry up, Sept.18th!
Old September 12, 2010, 12:57:37 AM
Celebi

Oh no! Fake? Well, I hope Churine isn't fake. He's ADORABLE!
Old September 12, 2010, 03:28:55 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoysel View Post
Hmm... this makes me a little suspicious. But who would spend such a long time to make a fake scan which looks EXTREMELY similar to the original ones? Honestly, it looks too good to be fake for me.

Last edited by Shadow; September 12, 2010 at 03:29:23 AM.
Old September 12, 2010, 06:33:40 AM
Zoroark

I don't think it's fake. It's wayyyy too elaborate for that.
Old September 12, 2010, 06:39:12 AM
Rayquaza

It is not fake. Serebii and Pokébeach aren't dumb to fall in such a trap.
Old September 12, 2010, 07:16:23 AM
Haxorus

I don't care if that last scan is fake. :l

As long as page six is real, the rest don't matter to me.

... It is real, right? T-T
Old September 12, 2010, 07:18:17 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post
I don't care if that last scan is fake. :l

As long as page six is real, the rest don't matter to me.

... It is real, right? T-T
Yes, page 6 is real. The only pages which we're unsure of are 14 and 15, though I don't think they're fake.
Old September 12, 2010, 09:42:10 AM
Celebi

YAY CHURINE IS REAL!