Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Tournaments

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 3, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Default DECEMBER 2012 TOURNAMENT - Rotation Rumble! Discussion

I highly apologize for missing the annual November tournament, but don't fear! Though normally from what I've seen, many people like to do Brawl tournaments for December, but I haven't gotten contacted in months for anyone to do a tournament, so I'm taking over this month.

As anyone could see by the title, this month we're doing Rotation Battles, something new to 5th Gen, and the tournaments here on Victory Road. If anyone actually needs an explanation, please post below.

As for the rules, we'll be using the normal Flat battle instead of No Restrictions, not only to keep preparation to a minimum for those wishing to participate, but to also keep the battle times down. If you've ever seen a rotation battle, you'd know that they can last quite awhile. Anyway, the rules are as follows:

• Flat Battles - Pokémon will fight at level 50 or below. Any Pokémon above level 50 will be autoleveled down to 50, however any below WILL NOT be leveled up. 6 Pokémon may be brought, but 4 will be used in battle.
  • Item Clause is in effect - Pokémon may not hold the same item.
  • Species clause is in effect - You may not use two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number on the same team.
  • Wonder Launcher will be turned off and will not be used during the battle.
  • The following Pokémon cannot be used: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

If I missed anything, please note it in a response. Also, this is not the sign-up thread. That will open on Friday, hopefully.

Last edited by Ditto616; December 3, 2012 at 03:28:46 PM.
Old December 3, 2012, 06:11:00 PM
Giratina

When does this tourney plan to happen? (I know nothing is set in stone as of right now)
Old December 3, 2012, 08:57:46 PM

Planning on December 28th. It's not on Christmas, so I'm hoping people will be able to make it on that day. If we don't get a considerable number, we'll fix it.
Old December 4, 2012, 03:19:22 AM
Giratina

Inb4DecemberTourneyMovedToJanuary. Hahaha but its fine I can wait. I just hope I'm not doing anything when it happens
Old December 4, 2012, 03:27:24 AM
Rayquaza

It happens that on February the Gym League will carry out an event for a month in which all battles will be Rotation. The rules are the same as the ones described above. Therefore, I want to highlight that if any of you participate in this, then you would also be preparing for the Gym League's event.

Good luck to all.
Old December 7, 2012, 06:54:44 PM
Giratina

I'm asking this for clarification. That banned list has a bunch of legendaries in it, but are the Uber Pokémon allowed or disallowed?
Old December 7, 2012, 07:38:27 PM

That's something that can be totally up to everyone participating. Honestly, I don't think it'll be that big of an issue, since most OP Pokémon that are in the Ubers also cross over into the Legends category anyway, but put up your own opinions and let's see where this runs to.