Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 13, 2014, 10:41:41 AM
Volcarona

Default Your Favorite Pokemon and WHY

Hello everyone. Its interesting to know what everybody's favorite pokemon is. However, to me, it is even more interesting to get an understanding of why people love the pokemon tbat they do! Fondness for a pokemon can arise from a plethora of reasons such as liking their design, using them in game, watching them in the anime, their competitive prowess and more!

For me, my favorite Pokemon would have to be Infernape. Infernape reflects me as a person more than any other Pokemon in the game. It is a fast strong attacker who is on the short side when it comes to height. I played football and I wrestled in high school and I am also on the short side. I love to workout and my favorite workouts are of the high flying calisthenic kind as well as training in parkour and free running. Monkeys are naturally experts at calisthenics as well as masters of their own body weight. Not only are they incredibly strong but amazingly acrobatic as well. Also, Infernape's fire type and fighting spirit reflect my firey and passionate personality as well as my competitive nature. I fell in love watching Infernape in the anime and using him in my first ever Nuzlocke where Infernape was my only pokemon to survive the whole game. I enjoy its competitive use as well even though it has certainly lost much viability since Gen 4. That is the story behind why my favorite pokemon is my favorite! I hope I can read and learn about your stories too!

Last edited by MattyBrollic; March 21, 2015 at 11:35:20 AM.
Old August 13, 2014, 06:22:29 PM
Volcarona

I guess this one wasn't much of a hit =/
Old August 14, 2014, 05:58:05 AM
Joltik

My favorite Pokemon is Mewtwo. Mewtwo was one of the first Pokemon that I traded for in Black 2, and it was really special for me and my cousins to get such a strong Pokemon. I have used it in my in-game team ever since, even though it was an adamant nature. Mewtwo seems like it can defeat anything, as long as you know what you're doing. When I heard Mewtwo was getting a Mega Evolution, I was overjoyed, but not as overjoyed as when I saw Mega Mewtwo X/Y have the highest base attack/special attack of all Pokemon. The fact that you can catch Mewtwo in every generation but II and V also made me happy. I know that I've beaten a game when I catch Mewtwo. Mewtwo is also badass in the first movie, where it just wants to destroy stuff. In most games, once I catch Mewtwo, I say bye to a team member and put Mewtwo in as its replacement. Hope you enjoyed my speech!
Old August 14, 2014, 06:14:34 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 101 View Post
My favorite Pokemon is Mewtwo. Mewtwo was one of the first Pokemon that I traded for in Black 2, and it was really special for me and my cousins to get such a strong Pokemon. I have used it in my in-game team ever since, even though it was an adamant nature. Mewtwo seems like it can defeat anything, as long as you know what you're doing. When I heard Mewtwo was getting a Mega Evolution, I was overjoyed, but not as overjoyed as when I saw Mega Mewtwo X/Y have the highest base attack/special attack of all Pokemon. The fact that you can catch Mewtwo in every generation but II and V also made me happy. I know that I've beaten a game when I catch Mewtwo. Mewtwo is also badass in the first movie, where it just wants to destroy stuff. In most games, once I catch Mewtwo, I say bye to a team member and put Mewtwo in as its replacement. Hope you enjoyed my speech!
I very much did! I love Mewtwo! I loved that his Mega Evolutions gave him the highest base stat total of ALL Pokemon even including Arceus!
Old August 14, 2014, 08:43:43 AM
Floatzel

My favorite pokémon is Mew, but Mewtwo also has a special place in my heart. They are a duality and it feels odd to only talk about one, so I will discuss both.

Mew represents innocence and humility to me. I also see her as the pokémon representation of femininity. She has a childlike innocence and just wants to have fun, but she defended her beliefs and way of life when she was called upon to do so. She is young at heart but has the wisdom of a very ancient one. She is like a faerie, forever innocent but wiser than any mortal. She takes the guise of a regular creature because she doesn't need the glory, and instead is humble.

Mewtwo represents self-righteousness to me. I also see him as the representation of masculinity. He feels purposeless and wronged by society and the world. He victimizes himself to the point of self-hatred. He doesn't know who he is. His creators didn't give him a reason to live. So he decided, in his arrogance, to make his own destiny. He wanted to be a god, to create life and destroy it. He was arrogant and selfish.

I once was a Mewtwo. I was angry at the world and resentful of God for making me this way. I have begun a journey to grow out of such beliefs, aspiring to become more like Mew and be happy with what I have. This duality of Mew and Mewtwo helps shape my outlook on life. I believe that I can become a better person.
Old August 14, 2014, 10:06:17 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarellethiel View Post
My favorite pokémon is Mew, but Mewtwo also has a special place in my heart. They are a duality and it feels odd to only talk about one, so I will discuss both.

Mew represents innocence and humility to me. I also see her as the pokémon representation of femininity. She has a childlike innocence and just wants to have fun, but she defended her beliefs and way of life when she was called upon to do so. She is young at heart but has the wisdom of a very ancient one. She is like a faerie, forever innocent but wiser than any mortal. She takes the guise of a regular creature because she doesn't need the glory, and instead is humble.

Mewtwo represents self-righteousness to me. I also see him as the representation of masculinity. He feels purposeless and wronged by society and the world. He victimizes himself to the point of self-hatred. He doesn't know who he is. His creators didn't give him a reason to live. So he decided, in his arrogance, to make his own destiny. He wanted to be a god, to create life and destroy it. He was arrogant and selfish.

I once was a Mewtwo. I was angry at the world and resentful of God for making me this way. I have begun a journey to grow out of such beliefs, aspiring to become more like Mew and be happy with what I have. This duality of Mew and Mewtwo helps shape my outlook on life. I believe that I can become a better person.
Beautiful!!! :')
Old August 14, 2014, 10:07:45 AM
Giratina

I have two favorite Pokemon:

Gengar - It just looks so cool, and it's useful competitively, it's Gen 1 OG BAMF.

Hawlucha - Hawlucha resembles me the most as it is "The Wrestling Pokemon". Wrestling is what takes up and consumes my life, so I relate to Hawlucha in that way. It's design is pretty cool, it's good in battle, plus it get's a unique move in Flying Press (even though I don't use it competitively)!
Old August 14, 2014, 11:25:23 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
I have two favorite Pokemon:

Gengar - It just looks so cool, and it's useful competitively, it's Gen 1 OG BAMF.

Hawlucha - Hawlucha resembles me the most as it is "The Wrestling Pokemon". Wrestling is what takes up and consumes my life, so I relate to Hawlucha in that way. It's design is pretty cool, it's good in battle, plus it get's a unique move in Flying Press (even though I don't use it competitively)!
Yea Hawlucha is an awesome fit for you haha I was so excited to see a wrestling Pokemon when Hawlucha was first revealed
Old August 15, 2014, 01:04:06 PM
Keldeo

My name's "Dragonite . . ." Hmm . . .

But yeah, that thing. It's big, it looks like a complete dork that should never even have wings, and it's still an OU powerhouse. Dragonite <3
Old August 15, 2014, 03:25:05 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
My name's "Dragonite . . ." Hmm . . .

But yeah, that thing. It's big, it looks like a complete dork that should never even have wings, and it's still an OU powerhouse. Dragonite <3
Hahaha fair enough!
Old August 17, 2014, 08:35:24 PM
Kyurem

I'd have to go with Lilligant. Lilligant seems frail and weak, but she can be surprisingly deadly in the right hands. And she's just so pretty~!

Discounting Grass-types from the list entirely, I'd probably go with Rayquaza or Gallade. Both of them are awesome, the former being my first experience of being defeated by a wild Pokémon, and the latter being my favorite design in Generation IV, the generation where I had almost lost my connection with Pokémon, due to being ostracized for being a Pokémon junkie.
Old August 18, 2014, 05:03:13 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW View Post
I'd have to go with Lilligant. Lilligant seems frail and weak, but she can be surprisingly deadly in the right hands. And she's just so pretty~!

Discounting Grass-types from the list entirely, I'd probably go with Rayquaza or Gallade. Both of them are awesome, the former being my first experience of being defeated by a wild Pokémon, and the latter being my favorite design in Generation IV, the generation where I had almost lost my connection with Pokémon, due to being ostracized for being a Pokémon junkie.
Awesome list!
Old August 18, 2014, 08:10:11 AM
Administrator

Well, it would simply have to be Zoroark. At first, I'm not sure why I liked the Pokémon after its reveal. I wasn't much into foxes (they're now right after cats for favorite animal family--although, technically Vulpes is a genus), nor did I really like Dark-types beyond Umbreon and Mightyena. I think what I found interesting the Illusion ability, how it could masquerade itself as any appearance it desired. Nowadays, the answer is a little more clear. It's incredibly sneaky, it's got a cool appearance, and having one on your team feels like a novelty.

However, I cannot leave this post without mentioning runner-up Typhlosion, who has never been lower than #3 in my top favorites since discovering it over a decade ago. I just have a thing for Fire-types, and I can't really explain this one that well.
Old August 18, 2014, 08:50:46 AM
Pikachu

Without a doubt Deoxys is my favorite pokemon. There is no other pokemon like him. Ever since watching destiny deoxys he has become my favorite from battling raquaza(got lucky with that surprise attack.) I usually use a choice specs deoxys-a as a lead in ubers(not recomented on smogon) and destroy every lead he is faced with
Old August 18, 2014, 09:14:00 AM
Volcarona

Those are two great stories! I love fire types too Cat!

And I have had many bulky Pokemon obliterated by Karls stupid Choice Specs Deo-A.
Old March 21, 2015, 11:25:28 AM
Charizard

Electivire is definitely my favorite. Since gen 2 came along I loved Elekid, and Gen 4 only made the evo line even cooler in my book. I am actually currently working on breeding for a competetive Electivire. His movepool is pretty sick.
Old March 21, 2015, 11:34:09 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveman View Post
Electivire is definitely my favorite. Since gen 2 came along I loved Elekid, and Gen 4 only made the evo line even cooler in my book. I am actually currently working on breeding for a competetive Electivire. His movepool is pretty sick.
That's awesome! Electivire is hella fun to use!