Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 5, 2010, 10:07:07 AM
Joltik

Default Would you give up this world to be reborn in the Pokemon world?

I guess this question is slightly... morbid, but ah well.

If you were given the option to be reborn in the Pokemon world, if you die right now, would you take the offer? Anyone who is close to you will join along in your decision, so you'll still have your family in the Pokemon world and still be able to meet your best friends.

Yeah, seems like a fantasy, but think about it. All the experiences, memories, accomplishments, and dreams you've had in this life, are you willing to just give it up to go to the Pokemon world?

I would. As long as my family is coming along with me, yup, I'm good.
Old December 5, 2010, 01:08:07 PM
Regigigas

Ummmmmm.... Are we talking Suicide here? Do you have kool-aid?

Seriously, when you're "reborn" do you start as a baby? Do you keep your old memories? Are you even the same person? Also, how do you know your family would want to come with you to a completely different world? Maybe they're happy where they are, it seems bad to force them along with you. Would they be reborn before you and still give birth to you? Living in a Pokemon world might be fun, but this sounds sketchy.
Old December 5, 2010, 01:29:15 PM
Shaymin

Only if JAD could go with me then yes, otherwise no, I'd like to stay sitting here on my laptop chatting with all my friends.
I think my life is actually going pretty, I have nice friends, a good family, I do OK in school. But to be a Pokemon, that would be like a dream come true!

Last edited by Luxray13579; December 5, 2010 at 04:16:34 PM.
Old December 5, 2010, 01:54:37 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGISJAD View Post
Only if Lux could go with me then yes, otherwise no, I would take the suckishness of the real world just so that I could be with her, even ifi it were a non-Pokémon world.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; December 5, 2010 at 01:56:23 PM.
Old December 5, 2010, 04:38:30 PM
Volcarona

I wouldn't give up everything and go to the Pokemon world. But I would choose Pokemon coming to the real world. But maybe they don't want to give up everything and go to the real world. Hmm... This is a tough desicion.

Just get rid of those CoD addicts who bash Nintendo and I'm good.
Old December 5, 2010, 06:26:57 PM
Haxorus

Yes and no. Can I still become a professional Celloizer and be a PKMN Trainer at the same time? If so, then yes. If I had to give up music, heckz naw.
Old December 5, 2010, 07:34:30 PM
Keldeo

Oh Yeah, I would in a heartbeat, I wish I was an Umbreon.
Of course to stay away from humans, I'll be far away as possible.
Old December 5, 2010, 07:41:56 PM
Administrator

Hmm, this is a pretty thought-provoking thread. I'd likely accept the offer. Being reborn as a human in the Pokémon World seems fun, especially if I could be in a similar situation as I am now with the forum and such. As a Pokémon...well, as a Zoroark, there are a lot of variables involved. Both of them combined? Heck yes!
Old December 5, 2010, 08:53:58 PM
Shaymin

No.

I would, however, like to be able to -visit- other fictional worlds. Dying then being reborn into the Pokemon world is just... That sounds like you're trying to suggest some sort of religious formation. (First person to bring up Arceus/Arceism gets mauled. By me. With a nine-iron golf club.)
Old December 5, 2010, 09:24:22 PM

I'd have to say yes. The experiences of growing up in a pokemon world, being around pokemon, going on journeys, partaking in battles, it's been my desire ever since picking up that Pokemon Yellow cartridge as a kid...I wouldn't want to leave my family, I would prefer they be in the pokemon world too.
Old December 6, 2010, 03:30:53 PM
Haxorus

i would't just because of reality. if the pokemon word were real, most of the pokemon's attacks would kill you if you were to get hit.
Old December 6, 2010, 05:10:24 PM
Pikachu

No! I would not give this world up to go into a Pokemon world. I like Pokemon and all but it's not my whole life, I do think it would be cool if Pokemon existed but not if it meant giving up on this world.
Old December 6, 2010, 07:02:24 PM
Floatzel

Yes. I would totally do that, I would be a PKMN Trainer, and totally worship Arceism, cause he is The Man. *Uses Aegis Defence to nullify all of lite's attacks (MWAHAHAHAHA)*
Old December 7, 2010, 04:55:45 PM
Giratina

Yes I would. But I wouldn't be part of any religion. I would be born as Red because I'm a loner, so I wouldn't really bring anyone with me.
Old December 7, 2010, 05:14:31 PM
Kyurem

This really makes you think hard about everything.

I wouldn't like to reborn in the Pokemon world or any other fictional world. I follow Pokemon and everything, but it's not my whole life. I like my life the way it is. I have good friends. a family I love, good grades, and hopefully a successful future. I wouldn't give up the life I have right now cause it ain't guaranteed it'll be any better in the Pokemon world. =P
Old December 10, 2010, 05:59:56 PM
Volcarona

That might be tempting to give everything up in my life to go to the pokemon world, but I wouldn't. I have a lot of reasons to live and can't picture myself giving up my goals, dreams, and the memories I have with other people and sharing with them.

If we have a chance to reborn in the pokemon world, will we able to remember our previous life? Are we able to choose if we want to be a human or a pokemon or we have to accept the choice we stuck with? Is the pokemon world is peaceful, friendly, and no war, or a twisted world like the horror Alice the Wonderland song where as you wander in the world, eventually die in the painful way?

Because I can't be certain how we portray ourselves in the pokemon world if we get the chance to reborn there since there are many situations we can't control and determine if it's matches our ideal pokemon world.
Old December 28, 2010, 08:57:43 PM
Joltik

I would absolutely LOVE Pokemon to be real. Living in the Pokemon world with my family and friends would be the best.

The only thing is...I wouldn't want to be reborn. I don't want to go through childhood again. (*shudders*)
I'd rather just be transported there right now!
Old December 28, 2010, 11:15:03 PM
Rayquaza

I won't. I prefer to live a life which has both pros and cons rather than living in a world which is too perfect. What makes life nice and what actually gives it a taste is the unpredictability of it and how you will be happy and sad, and not only happy.
Old December 29, 2010, 05:30:39 AM
Zoroark

I don't know if I would or not... Do they have Nintendo in the Pokémon world?
Old December 29, 2010, 06:02:12 AM
Cyndaquil

Pff... I don't know. Maybe for a cookie.
Old December 30, 2010, 12:33:55 PM
Servine

Yes, I would. As long as I get to change my personality. Then again, how would that work? If I changed any part of my emotions, then technically, I wasn't reborn. Unless you want to start talking about souls, and please, don't.

Besides all that, I would. Honestly, I could care less if my family came. I wouldn't mind being alone. I just would like to be in a world w/ pokemon. As long as it's like the manga, and not like the anime. The anime is too happy. It wouldn't work. Plus, we couldn't all be trainers. Let me use Shadows of Almia as an example. Only maybe a couple of the kids at the school were training to be rangers. Sure, they all wanted to work for the Union, or at least thought they were doing good. But! There was, and is at all times, only 5-8 kids in the school. Yet, there were so many people that were happy as they were. The jam-maker didn't want to be an operator or anything. In fact, there are only about 20 rangers in all of Almia, and that's being generous. Another good example that game provides, as well as the whole Ranger section as a whole, is that there are hundreds of jobs you didn't know existed. Tell me, who makes the pokemon food? Who manages the Safari Zone? Heck, who manages the regular animals? And yes, there are regular animals. There isn't only 649 species of animals we know of, and yet be so advanced. In addition, training professionally seemes impossible. Listen, who wanted to be a professional football player in school? How many of them were picked up by Manchester or Liverpool? None. Unless you went to a huge school, none of your friends hit it big. In fact, most of them are in the same town they were born in. Most people have pokemon as we have cats and such, and probably only battle as a past-time. So, while yes, I would want to be in the pokemon world, I know I probably would not be a trainer, but more likely a store clerk or something of the sort. [/RANT]
Old January 1, 2011, 05:53:58 AM
Volcarona

I honestly don't know.

I'm just glad I'll never have to make that decision.
Old January 3, 2011, 12:46:13 PM
Giratina

REINCARNATED AS A POKEMON!? SRSLY!? *Kills self*
Okay, seriously, Only if all my friends go with me, I end up in the Mystery Dungeon world, my Mystery Dungeon team is with me, and I MUST be Turtwig. And family, can't forget those guys.
TurtwigX is from Mystery Dungeon, so that wasn't much of a hard choice. But...there are many cons to this decision as well...I wouldn't be able to sprite flash anymore...

Last edited by TurtwigX; January 3, 2011 at 12:47:41 PM. Reason: This post needed more Turtwig funnies.
Old January 3, 2011, 11:57:42 PM
Volcarona

Talking

i will do this if
1.i have my laptop
2.my account on victory road,facebook and others will still working
3.my rabbit come with me
4.my family come with me
5.all my friends come with me
6.i will be a lucario

all these and i will go!!!(if 3,4and 5 won't happen i will go)

Last edited by lucarioLOVER; January 13, 2011 at 08:37:39 AM.
Old January 9, 2011, 07:43:46 PM
Haxorus

I seriously wish that could happen. Just think about! Catching little Pokemon in REAL life. Now that is epic win.
Old January 10, 2011, 04:09:35 AM
Volcarona

Tempthing, but think about this. We hold that world in such high esteem. If we were to wake up tomorrow, with no memory of our world, and a completely integrated person in the Pokemon world, will we still see it in the same way we do now?

Sadly, we wont. We'll just take that world for granted, and see it the same way we do our world.

The only way I'd go is if I still had memories of my past, but even then, I couldn't live with myself for abandoning my past like that.

But if Pokemon suddenly turned REAL, now thats a whole new story.
Old January 22, 2011, 03:27:56 PM
Pikachu

i would definitly go to the pokemon world to be with pokemon and to KICK EVERY GENERATION EVIL TEAMS BUTS TEAM ROCKET ETC

but i want my laptop my games and ds and tv and wii and everything else
and i still want to keep my memory of everything i know about pokemon in real life

but i would go to the pokemon world i love pokemon now and forever
Old January 22, 2011, 11:01:29 PM
Haxorus

Don't hate me, but...

I would actually like that, I think my own personal life is a little too boring and sad to be anything exciting. It would be a little too happy and everything though, I agree.
Old January 25, 2011, 04:58:47 AM
Servine

I would say yes because I could get to see Mew and other legendary pokemon.
Old January 29, 2011, 02:42:37 PM
Pikachu

Yeah, as long as like, my family and stuff would be with me. Other than that, no I wouldn't.
Old February 4, 2011, 05:15:52 PM
Joltik

Thumbs up

Tough question, but...
YES, YES, A MILLION TIMES YES!!!
Pokemon are my LIFE. I would be forever grateful to live in a world and be a Pokemon.
Seeing a kid walking down the street with a Bulbasaur...
Pidgey flying in flocks in the sky...
Pokemon battles with friends...
I would be...Magikarp. No I would NOT I WOULD BE GIRATINA!!! Guess why...?
Exactly.

Last edited by OriginForme; February 4, 2011 at 05:19:04 PM.
Old March 27, 2011, 05:12:27 PM
Servine

Default Why living in the pokemon universe would suck

Assuming I got to be either a Pokemon, or a human with with a Pokemon companion like a trainer or a ranger or something, I would do it in a second!! This is an ugly world filled with people I don't understand. The Pokemon world seems so beautiful in the anime and movies. So many places untouched by humans or even unseen! And I love Pokemon!! They're the perfect companions in every way. I would take my Pokemon and set off on a long journey through the wilderness. I get excited just thinking about all the places I'd see and Pokemon I'd meet. And if I guess if I felt like it I could still go visit my friends since they'd be around too

Last edited by Light Vaporeon; March 29, 2011 at 02:55:21 PM.
Old March 31, 2011, 11:22:12 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Vaporeon View Post
This is an ugly world filled with people I don't understand.
That's beautiful. Sums up everything I've been saying about the general human populous for some time now.

If I could choose where I was born, and I could still meet everyone I've met in this life, friend or foe, I completely would.

As a man with family, this prospect seems even more tempting. Me and the missus could travel the world, gathering friends around us, then settling down somewhere in the Silver Mountain range and starting our family.

Also, as long as I get to have/find my companions in-game, I would be happy. I can't imagine making the journeys without them.

tl;dr 100% yes.
Old April 9, 2011, 07:39:20 PM
Linoone

I would definantly do it. I would try to become the strongest dark type trainer in the world. I would definatly have an Umbreon.
Old April 9, 2011, 08:15:00 PM
Zoroark

As much fun as it would be to permanently live in a Pokemon world (preferably as a trainer), I'd personally prefer it being a temporary escape. I would think of it as Wonderland (or Underland as the right name) as a place Alice went to escape away from her "dreary" life.

It won't be long til something like this is a reality for "virtual" reality (har har), but that's a different discussion.
:3