Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 15, 2011, 08:17:14 PM
Shaymin

Default Teamplasma's Art.

It's me, plasma! And I wanted to show off the things I have been drawing.. all of them are on my deviantart, but I won't your comments. I (of course) have a lot more in my sketch book then on deviantart, also I take requests, but that is for my shop.

Very Large Images. (New update)    

My Custom Pokemon. (Large and sketchy images, you may want to zoom out)    

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Name: Teer
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Description: The 'tears' coming from its eyes are actually pouches of water that constrict when to add water to Teer's system and power its moves. It lives in underwater caves protected by its parents and higher evolutions. Teer is the starter pokemon of teamplasma's region. Teer is 1 3/4 feet tall and weighs 45lbs.

Name: Melipout
Type: Water/Fighting
Description: Melipout is the evolved form of Teer; Which evolves at level 16. The large tubes that rap around Melipouts face are like Teers 'tears'. The dots on its body are sources of power. Melipout weighs 125lbs. and is 4 1/2 feet tall. It guards the caves in which the baby Teer live in.

Name: Karakty
Type: Water/Fighting
Description: Karakry is the full evolved form of Teer. Karakry may look like it doesn't have arms but the lower two tubes around is waist come apart (along with the ball in the middle) to make arms and hands. The tubes have the same functions as Teers do, but now Karakry has 2 very large water containers on the back of it. Like the past evolutions all of the tubes and containers of water are clears so you can see how much water they have left in their systems. Karakrys guard the caves where Teers and Melipouts live. It ways 360lbs. (probably because of the water) and is 7 feet tall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrowd.png
Views:	798
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	3625
Name: Shrowd
Type: Ghost
Ability: Cursed Body
Description: Shrowd is very much like a cloth that looks like it is being picked at the top. It is black on the outside, but red on the inside. It is said that there have been incidents where people have disappeared when with it. Mostly with teenagers and children.

Shrowd has been said to keep spirits of it's captives in its head. It is not been determined what happens to the bodies though. That is still a mystery.

My first Sea monster. I hope to do more! I also hope you like it because out of no where I pulled it out of my self. Comments? Should I put it on Deviant Art? ALSO... Please don't remind me that the eyes are messed up >.<    

My original glameow sketch    

Original Weedle Sketch    

Simplicity Art    

Name:	Miles Power.png
Views:	736
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	4737

Name:	Me.png
Views:	741
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	4738

Name:	Gally.png
Views:	700
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	4739

Name:	Skye.png
Views:	724
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	4740

Name:	Porygon.png
Views:	722
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	4741

Name:	Ninjas.png
Views:	726
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	4742

Name:	Zueq.png
Views:	711
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	4743

Last edited by teamplasma; April 8, 2013 at 03:47:40 PM. Reason: Adding Photos
Old October 16, 2011, 05:47:44 AM
Landorus

Wow. If I drew somthing like that, I would most likely fail. Keep up the great work!
Old October 16, 2011, 07:16:35 AM
Kyurem

Whoa! You're great at this, huh? I never would have been able to draw things as good as you! I think they're excellent. If traced over the scanned versions of what you've drawn, it would make for really clean and nice artwork, no?
Old October 16, 2011, 07:32:38 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
Whoa! You're great at this, huh? I never would have been able to draw things as good as you! I think they're excellent. If traced over the scanned versions of what you've drawn, it would make for really clean and nice artwork, no?
If I went over them, yes, that would make them "cleaner" but as someone who likes drawing, the sketchy look is my signature. Also that is tracing and that is frowned upon, even if it is my own drawing. XD

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 16, 2011 at 07:33:14 AM.
Old October 16, 2011, 07:41:15 AM
Kyurem

I think I would call that "digitizing your own art". But to each own accord, I guess? I always thought that sketches are cute, but I do also have a love for digitized art. When you trace over it, I wonder what good (or bad) would come out of it? After all, you did draw it, huh?

Sketch or traced, it's still art in the end... and I must say that I love your sketches!
Old October 16, 2011, 03:16:38 PM
Kyurem

Pretty nice work, plasma, keep it up.
Old October 21, 2011, 10:11:42 AM
Shaymin

Two other ones have been added. On these two (shinx and glameow) I drew them, then I traced them because the first time around it was way too sloppy. And you don't need to tell me that Glameow is wiskerless.I DID practice these two first with a "Pokemon Sinnoh Superstar" book.

I take requests at my shop! (In sig)
Old October 22, 2011, 08:44:20 AM
Kyurem

The new pieces of art sure look different, and neater, too! Do you still have the originals around?
Old October 22, 2011, 08:53:22 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
The new pieces of art sure look different, and neater, too! Do you still have the originals around?
I have the Glameow one yes. But my drawing papers and such are at my other parents house, I will not be able to post them until either late Sunday or after school on monday.
Old October 22, 2011, 08:56:18 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
I have the Glameow one yes. But my drawing papers and such are at my other parents house, I will not be able to post them until either late Sunday or after school on monday.
Don't worry too much about that - as long as they are there, it's all fine! I can wait.

What other stuff are in the pipeline now?
Old October 22, 2011, 09:19:15 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
What other stuff are in the pipeline now?
What?
Old October 22, 2011, 06:41:48 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
What?
What other stuff are you planning to draw? Sorry for not making it clear.
Old October 22, 2011, 07:23:10 PM
Shaymin

Sorry, I have problems with receiving clarification.

I don't know. I want to try a Marowak, but at the same time I want to do a whole scene or pokemon.
Old October 22, 2011, 08:42:02 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Sorry, I have problems with receiving clarification.

I don't know. I want to try a Marowak, but at the same time I want to do a whole scene or pokemon.
A whole scene? You started out with just images of one Pokémon - I think the request with two Pokémon and an object is a start, huh? After you are done with that, you should be able to work you way up, up until a whole scene.
Old October 23, 2011, 06:06:21 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
A whole scene? You started out with just images of one Pokémon - I think the request with two Pokémon and an object is a start, huh? After you are done with that, you should be able to work you way up, up until a whole scene.
Well I will post this one scene I made a while back and then we can talk. That reminds me, I have more drawings in another sketch book of mine. I will post them later today or tomorrow.
Old November 5, 2011, 08:26:02 PM
Servine

It's good. Try drawing more stuff in unique poses.
Old November 6, 2011, 10:37:52 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailbot View Post
It's good. Try drawing more stuff in unique poses.
I have some to post, they should be on soon, but they are all in 'unique' poses.
Old December 7, 2011, 11:07:17 PM
Joltik

well they are nice, you should create a deviantart to put your artwork
Old December 8, 2011, 04:37:29 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Infinity View Post
well they are nice, you should create a deviantart to put your artwork
http://lane1205.deviantart.com

I thought I already gave a link but I guess not :9
Old December 11, 2011, 11:07:01 AM
Charizard

Very nice work. I bought myself a Bamboo tablet with the intention to learn how to draw and such, but I'm not very good at sticking to things I'm bad at

Nice work though ;3
Old December 11, 2011, 11:20:29 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Very nice work. I bought myself a Bamboo tablet with the intention to learn how to draw and such, but I'm not very good at sticking to things I'm bad at

Nice work though ;3
I bought one too and it is very hard to get used to.
Old December 18, 2011, 10:29:46 AM
Shaymin

LARGE ANNOUNCEMENT!:

I have now add 3 of my custom pokemon/fakemon. They are the water starters for my region. CHECK THEM OUT!!!
Old January 9, 2012, 08:51:21 AM
Floatzel

Nice, the Eevee and the Linoone are my favourites. Keep up the good work~ ^^

Last edited by SilverX; January 9, 2012 at 08:51:39 AM.
Old January 9, 2012, 02:38:16 PM
Shaymin

Thanks I am really looking for more comments on the ones I made.
Old January 9, 2012, 05:18:58 PM
Floatzel

Your three water starters...
Teer- I wanna hug it and make it stop crying. D: *hugs it*
Melipout- Those power circles remind me of jingle bells, for some reason. Also, it's forehead seems kinda empty. You might want to add some more pattern up there, or something like antennae, or hair.
Karakty- It doesn't look really related to the other two that much, and the legs should be less round, and further up on the body. Also, make it's feet bigger and give it toes. It look like it needs to be propped up against something to make it upright.

Overall, Teer is adorable, *hugs it* Melipout needs more 'oomph' to him, and Karakty looks sorta out of place with the rest of them. (Not saying Karakty looks bad- on the contrary, I think he looks pretty cool.)

But still, great work on all of 'em!

Last edited by SilverX; January 9, 2012 at 05:19:22 PM.
Old January 9, 2012, 06:32:02 PM
Shaymin

Thanks, that really helps!
Old February 10, 2012, 07:04:57 PM
Shaymin

Guess who just made a sea monster?
Old February 13, 2012, 03:30:09 PM
Floatzel

YOU DID! Okay, I guess that was pretty obvious. I like the sea monster, although the eyes are a little uneven and disproportionate.

The tentacle masses seem illogical to. (You should make a creature seem as anatomically correct as possible) How does it use the tentacles to propel itself through the water? It can't do it like a squid/octopus because of it's large tail and bulk. Also, the tail seems a little awkward...
I can't make out the different parts of the tail and the 'fins' on it.
Plus, there are weird pointy things coming off of the sea monster near the tenatcle/wing/fin thingies. What are those?

The Sea monster's idea is nice, but you should probably consider redoing it from different angles. When I draw something, like a dragon, I draw a side view, along with a bottom, top, and a lot of 3/4 views, just to make sure everything looks normal from all angles. Otherwise they don't always look right.

I can't wait to see more! You're really good! *lurks*

And this is slightly unrelated, but I REALLY want to make a sprite outline of your baby water starter. Could I? Pretty please? :3

Last edited by SilverX; February 13, 2012 at 03:35:30 PM.
Old February 13, 2012, 06:07:20 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX View Post
YOU DID! Okay, I guess that was pretty obvious. I like the sea monster, although the eyes are a little uneven and disproportionate.

The tentacle masses seem illogical to. (You should make a creature seem as anatomically correct as possible) How does it use the tentacles to propel itself through the water? It can't do it like a squid/octopus because of it's large tail and bulk. Also, the tail seems a little awkward...
I can't make out the different parts of the tail and the 'fins' on it.
Plus, there are weird pointy things coming off of the sea monster near the tenatcle/wing/fin thingies. What are those?

The Sea monster's idea is nice, but you should probably consider redoing it from different angles. When I draw something, like a dragon, I draw a side view, along with a bottom, top, and a lot of 3/4 views, just to make sure everything looks normal from all angles. Otherwise they don't always look right.

I can't wait to see more! You're really good! *lurks*

And this is slightly unrelated, but I REALLY want to make a sprite outline of your baby water starter. Could I? Pretty please? :3
Well I like that you are helping me! Also you got to understand all I do is sketch what is on my mind and do (mostly) EVERYTHING from scratch and barely have reference. I don't usually have the patients for all angles (Or important angles). An I usually draw things kinda head-on or a side view because I have a hard time with a angle view and getting everything all proportionality.

Another thing is that I should actually give a description of its parts functions because I think you are looking at them wrong (But only on some parts). The flares of tentacles are for hiding itself. it can be blown out in large fluffs and it can slim down on its skin while it is swimming. It is a rather slow animal. And those things near its tail are how it feels because it has a not-so- sensitive body for its own protection, so it doesn't have to stop if it gets stabbed it ignores that pain. So they basically are all of its senses.

Once again THANKS!!!, your advice ALWAYS helps!
Old February 14, 2012, 06:22:15 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Well I like that you are helping me! Also you got to understand all I do is sketch what is on my mind and do (mostly) EVERYTHING from scratch and barely have reference. I don't usually have the patients for all angles (Or important angles). An I usually draw things kinda head-on or a side view because I have a hard time with a angle view and getting everything all proportionality.

Another thing is that I should actually give a description of its parts functions because I think you are looking at them wrong (But only on some parts). The flares of tentacles are for hiding itself. it can be blown out in large fluffs and it can slim down on its skin while it is swimming. It is a rather slow animal. And those things near its tail are how it feels because it has a not-so- sensitive body for its own protection, so it doesn't have to stop if it gets stabbed it ignores that pain. So they basically are all of its senses.

Once again THANKS!!!, your advice ALWAYS helps!
Ah, okay. That makes more sense...
And if you are having trouble with proportions, you should try a 3/4 view of the head or a side view of the head. That way you don't have to worry about getting eyes in proportion with the other one and aligning them and all that stuff.
Old February 26, 2012, 12:54:24 PM
Shaymin

I am uploading a Weedle sketch and full drawing. I did it for a warm up to a request at my shop. Anyways I just thought I would share this with you!
Old February 26, 2012, 06:07:02 PM
Regigigas

You could really use a drawing tablet for your PC
Old February 26, 2012, 06:16:17 PM
Shaymin

I bought one but couldn't figure out how to use it, so I am staying with the pencil for now
Old June 27, 2012, 09:06:52 PM
Shaymin

I am uploading a Drifblim. I did this for an thing I am dong to improve my skills. I think I passed. I had to sketch as lightly as possible, then after the light sketch is doen, make it thick. I wasn't supposed to let people see like here the light sketch is, so you can look for places where I missed the sketch when I was darkening lines.
Old August 1, 2012, 04:11:28 PM
Shaymin

Here is my newest thing. It is a pichu! I am going through a Pichu phase I think... But it is the first of this kind of art and many more to come... I will try to sooth you with more drawings later. Enjoy this. This kind of stuff is Simplicity Art. I dont know how good I am though...

Also, please like this post so I know you viewed it.
Simplicity Art.    
Old August 3, 2012, 08:56:06 AM
Shaymin

Hey guys! Today there is another SimArt and this one is of Eevee. You can find the pic I did it of in the first spoiler... I think it maybe close to the top of it. But I changed the mood of it and made it to happy/cute (like most SA's as supposed to be). So here it is.

CLICK THE PIC!    

Name:	eevee.png
Views:	1314
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	3351

>.> the tail is messy...
Old August 3, 2012, 06:10:37 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Hey guys! Today there is another SimArt and this one is of Eevee. You can find the pic I did it of in the first spoiler... I think it maybe close to the top of it. But I changed the mood of it and made it to happy/cute (like most SA's as supposed to be). So here it is.

CLICK THE PIC!    
Attachment 3351

>.> the tail is messy...
I like this! The tail doesn't seem messy to me, it looks fluffy >w<
Also, almost none of the color is coming out from the lines, so that's a good sign as well! Keep up the awesome work!
Old August 27, 2012, 07:30:09 PM
Shaymin

Shrowd is now uploaded. It is under Custom.

Also, on this one I tried to make the fakemon out of a description I wrote before hand.
Old November 22, 2012, 09:25:00 AM
Shaymin

Hey guys! It has been a while for new stuff. I made you something for Thanksgiving!
CYNDA-CYN!    
Click the pic.Click image for larger version

Name:	Cyndaquil.png
Views:	1165
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	4149

Comments?
Old November 22, 2012, 03:40:11 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Hey guys! It has been a while for new stuff. I made you something for Thanksgiving!
CYNDA-CYN!    
Click the pic.Attachment 4149

Comments?
It's a cute lil' stout Cyndiquil~! It's pretty cute, I like the cell shading on it. Nice job, Plaz!
Old December 2, 2012, 05:40:13 PM
Shaymin

I AM ENTERING A CONTEST! And honestly I want to win. SO, I need suggestions. In the contest the category I am entering is one that says "Make a pokemon with the species name "Jewel Bug". So I would like your help on what you think about this sketch I just did.

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	1023
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	4188
It is something new, and I haven't done anything like it before.

For some reason it was tilted sideways.
Old December 6, 2012, 03:59:35 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I AM ENTERING A CONTEST! And honestly I want to win. SO, I need suggestions. In the contest the category I am entering is one that says "Make a pokemon with the species name "Jewel Bug". So I would like your help on what you think about this sketch I just did.
Attachment 4188
It is something new, and I haven't done anything like it before.

For some reason it was tilted sideways.
The Jewel Bug looks more like a Key Item to me for some reason. Make it more... Pokémon, OK? Some more prominent eyes somewhere couldn't hurt.
Old January 4, 2013, 05:11:21 PM
Shaymin

This is about as Wintery as it gets with me. :]

Name:	Cubchoo.png
Views:	608
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	4318
Old April 8, 2013, 03:49:49 PM
Shaymin

The last two days I have been doing this kind of stuff a lot! Comments?
NEW BATCH!    

Name:	Gally.png
Views:	553
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	4744

Name:	Me.png
Views:	561
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	4745

Name:	Miles Power.png
Views:	553
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	4746

Name:	Ninjas.png
Views:	565
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	4747

Name:	Porygon.png
Views:	552
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	4748

Name:	Skye.png
Views:	551
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	4749

Name:	Zueq.png
Views:	548
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	4750
Old May 27, 2013, 02:44:26 PM
Shaymin

Hey guys! I started doing a new kind of art on GIMP. It is really fun, but kinda time consuming.

Name:	Squirtle.png
Views:	542
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	4894
(Click it to see the full image)

Last edited by teamplasma; May 27, 2013 at 02:44:52 PM.