Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 4, 2014, 03:08:23 PM
Keldeo

Default ORAS 'be gettin' Easy Mode, it seems?

Going to steal something one of my friends pointed out about one of the ORAS trailer videos real quickly here:

Brawly's apparently going to only have two Pokémon,* a level 17 Machop and a level 18 Makuhita. This is in contrast to the Ruby and Sapphire, where he had the more traditional setup of a level 16 Meditite, level 16 Machop and a head-and-shoulders level 19 Makuhita.

The average level of his teams then and now isn't too different, but as I understand Pokémon the fact that he only has two instead of three, and nothing significantly higher leveled than the others, should make a big difference in how the battles runs.

Thoughts?

* Okay, I don't know exactly where I got those numbers from. The image clearly suggests otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5tg6FIH.png
Views:	557
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	6408  

Last edited by Dragonite; September 4, 2014 at 06:29:46 PM.
Old September 4, 2014, 03:33:22 PM
Joltik

Well, for one thing the second gym leaders of Kanto, Unova (BW), and Kalos have 2 Pokemon, so it's not that big of a change. Also, the teams could change between now and November. I would actually prefer Brawly having 2 Pokemon, considering my first 6 Pokemon games took place in Unova or Kalos. But if this is his final team, I would find it odd that they're giving him a Machop over a Pokemon native to Hoenn in Meditite.

EDIT: Crap, level 16? (I read Makuhita's level as level 18, even on the image, so don't judge me.) This means more than likely Brawly's Machop in this game will be a lower level than Roxanne's Nosepass in Emerald! If all the gym leader's Pokemon are lower levels, I am going to be disappointed. THIS BETTER BE EASY MODE!

Last edited by User 101; September 4, 2014 at 06:59:17 PM.
Old September 4, 2014, 03:58:31 PM
Rayquaza

XY was already was too easy I'm pretty annoyed.
Old September 4, 2014, 06:26:22 PM

Maybe there will be different modes in the game and you can choose from the beginning? I must agree that level 16 is waaaay too low of a level for the 2nd gym.
Old September 4, 2014, 06:43:07 PM
Keldeo

That's what I'm hoping. Although I think it's unlikely that they'd show a reference to difficulty modes as a passing shot in a trailer like this \: