Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old April 8, 2010, 08:15:22 PM
Shaymin

Default GEN 5 POKEMON GAMES REVEALED - Pokémon White & Black

http://kotaku.com/5513079/
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

"Get ready for new Pokémon games, Pokéfans, as the latest entries in the popular monster-collecting series - Pokemon Black & Pokemon White - have just turned up on the franchise's Japanese website.

There's a logo, there's the names, and...that's about it! We'll apparently be learning - and hopefully seeing - more come April 15.

These two titles will be the first fifth-generation Pokémon games, and the first all-new titles in quite some time. They'll be released sometime this Fall, for the Nintendo DS."

(The news story was posted on April 8th and therefore isn't April Fools, even though I thought it was when a friend showed me it.)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 9, 2010 at 10:56:59 AM.
Old April 8, 2010, 08:19:12 PM
Shaymin

You know what's so ironic about this? As JAD posted this in chat and asked me to move it, Back in Black was playing in iTunes.

The logos look kinda sleek. I like it. Hopefully Black and White will insinuate really cool looking mascots.
Old April 8, 2010, 08:22:09 PM
Charizard

You know what this means, guys?

The third version will be Pokemon Gray. lol
Old April 8, 2010, 08:25:35 PM
Shaymin

Sweet!
Old April 8, 2010, 08:52:59 PM
Floatzel

The names are boring. I'm just glad it isn't Pokemon Turquoise and Coal. I want to make fake games named that!
Old April 8, 2010, 08:55:39 PM
Haxorus

I hope maybe that they make it a little more 3D, If you know what I mean. Maybe have every Pokemon have a model for battle, and a sprite for other things. Ya know, push the DS to the limit!
Old April 8, 2010, 09:00:33 PM
Volcarona

...And the racial conflict begins.
Old April 8, 2010, 09:02:28 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
Hmmm so im not the only one too think something like that might happen? ,:3

It happened with Jynx soo.... >3>
Old April 8, 2010, 09:58:09 PM
Volcarona

DAMN IT!!! When it comes to Pokemon I'm ALWAYS LATE!!!
Old April 8, 2010, 10:06:26 PM

One of my predictions for possible 5th-gen names was Yin/Yang, so Black/White comes pretty close to that.

For a 3rd following game, Chrome would totally be a cool choice for a name.
Old April 8, 2010, 10:21:06 PM
Linoone

Now we're back to simply naming after colors. White counts as a color, right? Reading Lite's post makes me want some kind of Thumbs Up system for posts and stuff. Like Youtube.
Old April 9, 2010, 01:37:15 AM
Giratina

Although the names are a bit simple, the logos look really amazing.
Also, I don't think the games will cause racial controversies, since I'm 100% sure nothing offensive is intended. I think they chose those specific names just to make the games sound more classic.

Anyways, I'm very optimistic about the 5th generation games till now, and I can't wait until more information is revealed about them. I hope they turn out to be even better than Pokémon HG/SS.

Last edited by Shadow; April 9, 2010 at 01:40:46 AM.
Old April 9, 2010, 01:59:45 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragornbird View Post
Darn you beat me to it.
My last name is Gray so maybe I should wait until that comes out.

Last edited by Magmaster12; April 9, 2010 at 01:59:58 AM.
Old April 9, 2010, 03:07:12 AM
Zoroark

Figures they're called black and white. All I can think of is the original red and blue games.

Seems like Nintendo is high off nostalgia right now and wants everything to feel like "way back then." Fortunately, they're good at this and no one can put them down for it very easily.

Oh well. I figured they'd finally reveal a "light" Pokemon type to counter "dark" (theory still, but pretty obvious), but two games with these titles must either mean "black" is for a featured dark Pokemon and "white" is for a featured light Pokemon or something entirely different.

I know I could quite honestly be wrong, but doesn't it seem obvious? I mean, what else can you derive from a title like this? Realistically?

I invite anyone to debate me on this.
Old April 9, 2010, 03:28:37 AM
Giratina

Talk about boring names...
Old April 9, 2010, 03:31:06 AM
Rayquaza

The names are normal, but hopefully, the games won't. I think that the mascots of these two games are two different colored legendary Pokemon following the title of the respective game.
Old April 9, 2010, 03:39:22 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
The names are normal, but hopefully, the games won't. I think that the mascots of these two games are two different colored legendary Pokemon following the title of the respective game.
Light and Dark Legendary Mascots? Maybe? (Darkrai wasn't a mascot. It just got a movie.)
Old April 9, 2010, 05:18:41 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Also, I don't think the games will cause racial controversies, since I'm 100% sure nothing offensive is intended. I think they chose those specific names just to make the games sound more classic.

Anyways, I'm very optimistic about the 5th generation games till now, and I can't wait until more information is revealed about them. I hope they turn out to be even better than Pokémon HG/SS.
Doesn't matter if anything is intended. In every single failblog youtube video where it's a Black person that fails, you get overrun with Racist comments such as: "Typical N-word." and "I lol @ how much these stupid blacks fail." etc.

It's really sad to see. I smh at nintendo for doing these names because it WILL cause racism controversy.

anyways, Inb4pokemongrey

makes you wonder though. About the legends. I think that pokemon Black's legend would be dark type...so does that mean white would be...light type?????
They've already revealed Zoroark, which is a Dark type. Looks to me like these games are going to be centered around Light and Dark. Maybe that means that In Black, you play in the Evil organization??? In either case, the champ of the game could be the main playable character from the other game. As they have become the master of light/Darkness and you have become the master of Darkness/light, depending on your game.
Oh man that makes me antsy. Freak nintendo, don't screw this one up.

Last edited by Flare Soru; April 9, 2010 at 05:27:19 AM.
Old April 9, 2010, 06:24:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyvernSphinx View Post
The names are boring. I'm just glad it isn't Pokemon Turquoise and Coal. I want to make fake games named that!
No they're not. I like the new names because they're about as simple as you can get: colors.

Quote:

I'm actually willing to bet money that that will be the third game's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
I hope not. *stares at American translators, wondering if they'll mess up something this simple*

Quote:
I hope they turn out to be even better than Pokémon HG/SS.
Agreed.
Old April 9, 2010, 06:34:51 AM
Regigigas

I seriously thought this was some kind of joke, until I saw on Serebii. This is..........I don't know how to respond to this.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:06:22 AM
Regigigas

Let's just hope they're not IN black and white.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:07:01 AM
Haxorus

I MUST IMPORT THESE!!!!! WAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old April 9, 2010, 07:11:31 AM
Haxorus

Pokemon Black and White? lol they ran out of Gem names..
Anyway, looks interesting.
New Region? New Pokemon?
Nice, i hope we can travel to hoenn too for the lulz.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:21:25 AM
Floatzel

Alright. Sooner or later I'm going to mail Nintendo saying:
"Stop with the color names. We need more gems. Like Garnet and Jade. You have Red, Blue, Green, Yello, FireRed, LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. Seriously, stop with the color names. Make something else up with like..............I don't know! Just figure something else out other than gems and colors!"
I bet the Black(RACIST) mascot is going to be like some type of mashed up remake of the Giratina sprite. And White(RACIST) is going to be a mashed up version of Celebi or something like that. Maybe even mashed-up Mew. XD
Oh well. These logos look pretty sweet. Atleast be as good as the originals. Don't create a whole new Pokedex. Don't make up 150 new Pokemon. Keep some oldies in there too!
Well, my thoughts of this game are hopefully good.
Old April 9, 2010, 07:46:31 AM
Administrator

Simple yet effective names. However, I'm guessing the names are going to be changed when coming overseas to something like Light and Dark, but who knows. Looking forward to seeing more!
Old April 9, 2010, 08:16:17 AM
Zoroark

I don't mind the names much. All I care about is that these games are decent enough for me to put hours of gameplay into them.
Old April 9, 2010, 08:44:43 AM
Servine

I'm genuinely excited. <3
Old April 9, 2010, 09:09:41 AM
Zoroark

Default If you had to pick which one would you buy? Black or white?

So, Black and White are the upcoming main sereis pokémon games! Which one are you getting? Personally, I'd wait until the mascots were revealed.
Old April 9, 2010, 09:14:29 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRayquaza View Post
Alright. Sooner or later I'm going to mail Nintendo saying:
"Stop with the color names. We need more gems. Like Garnet and Jade. You have Red, Blue, Green, Yello, FireRed, LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. Seriously, stop with the color names. Make something else up with like..............I don't know! Just figure something else out other than gems and colors!"
I bet the Black(RACIST) mascot is going to be like some type of mashed up remake of the Giratina sprite. And White(RACIST) is going to be a mashed up version of Celebi or something like that. Maybe even mashed-up Mew. XD
Oh well. These logos look pretty sweet. Atleast be as good as the originals. Don't create a whole new Pokedex. Don't make up 150 new Pokemon. Keep some oldies in there too!
So what if there colors? =w=
And lets not judge what the legendarys or the game are gonna be like before we even seen it. All we've seen so far is the name.
Old April 9, 2010, 09:47:37 AM
Mudkip

At first I was like fgsfds, but I quite like the names now actually.
Old April 9, 2010, 09:59:28 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
Let's just hope they're not IN black and white.
I laughed at this.

Also, I find no reason for these games to cause racism. I mean, don't black and white colors exist naturally?! Seriously, you can't just say that if this is black then you are racist.
Old April 9, 2010, 09:59:57 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
"Stop with the color names. We need more gems. Like Garnet and Jade. You have Red, Blue, Green, Yello, FireRed, LeafGreen, Gold, Silver, HeartGold, and SoulSilver.
You sir, are stupid. Gold and Silver are elements, smart one. Also, the whole (RACIST) thing you did was stupid as well, getting a cheap joke out of the names that wasn't even funny just reassures me that your argument is invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3000 View Post
Pokemon Black and White? lol they ran out of Gem names..
Uh, no. Once again, cheap joke that wasn't even funny. Plus, what's the whole OMG IT'S GOTTA BE GEMS. Thing all about? You think the games will suck cause they didn't choose Garnet and Topaz?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyvernSphinx View Post
The names are boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Talk about boring names...
See the above.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; April 9, 2010 at 10:05:07 AM.
Old April 9, 2010, 10:01:40 AM
Administrator

I'll pick whichever one has the cooler legendary.
Old April 9, 2010, 10:04:27 AM
Rayquaza

I agree with Cat. It is just like in Diamond & Pearl. There, I loved Dialga, until it grew to become now my favorite Pokemon. Now, I think I will be waiting to see the mascots. However, current;y, I am 70% with Pokemon Black, as the color black is my favorite color.
Old April 9, 2010, 10:07:56 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I'll pick whichever one has the cooler legendary.
I'll probably do the same, however if they're like the way I say B/W should be made(Black is where you play as a Team, White a normal trainer), i'll probably pick up both. =3
Old April 9, 2010, 10:15:07 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
I'll probably do the same, however if they're like the way I say B/W should be made(Black is where you play as a Team, White a normal trainer), i'll probably pick up both. =3
I doubt your idea, although it sounds interesting. GameFreak will never do two Pokemon gmaes at the same region with two different play style. The changes between the two games will be rather minor.
Old April 9, 2010, 10:18:12 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD
I've always wanted to have(well, I wanted to make this game if I got into working with Nintendo somehow...)a game like Pokemon Light and Dark.
There'd be VERY huge differences between the two.
Light would be you as a kid, like the normal games, just battling and making your way to the Elite 4, while some group of bad guys wants to cause devestation.
In Dark, you'd BE a bad guy who wants to cause devestation, you'd have a very similar play(you start out as the new guy/girl in the team) and move your way up in the ranks. I don't know how it would work, without some plot twist or something(If in Light you beat the group, but Dark you won, then lolwuts start popping up). Maybe the Elite 4 to you could be the kid from Light and his friends or something. :0

(C)This idea copyright OMGITSJAD/James D. All Rights Reserved, and he doesn't want some ROM hack popping up taking his idea.
Even though Magmaster said B/W earlier in that topic, I actually elaborated on what my idea for the games would be. =3
Old April 9, 2010, 10:48:12 AM
Kyurem

:79: <---Me

Holy crap this is awesome! I actually like the names because of how simplistic they are, I'm kind of glad that they didn't choose to give the games names based on gems. I'm probably going to buy White version (I really hope that "racist" jokes don't explode all over the internet.), but I might buy Black if the exclusives really draw me in. and now we wait, for more information to be revealed...
Old April 9, 2010, 11:28:50 AM
Zoroark

I really hope the version mascots are revealed on Pokémon Sunday, and then I;d see which one is cooler. What I also hope is that the mascot of White version is a light type and Light could be a new type introduced in these games, and the mascot of black would be a dark type. I also want the idea of having pokémon following you reintroduced in these games. I'm getting both games, but if I would have to pick between one of them it'd be the game with the mascot I like best. Also, I think you should be able to catch both mascots in one game, just like in HG/SS you were able to get both in either game no matter which one it was. Since the 3DS won't be out for a while, my guess is the third game will be on the 3DS and the first two will be on the DS and DSi. I just hope TPC puts LOADS of effort into these games

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; April 9, 2010 at 11:31:00 AM.
Old April 9, 2010, 11:32:40 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
hope is that the mascot of White version is a light type and Light could be a new type itroduced in these games
I whole-heartedly disagree! I don't want any new types, I want them to stick with that is here already. The types seem balances as is, and adding a new type could really shift things out of line. If this is the case, then the White version legendary would probably be either Normal-type or Flying-type.
Old April 9, 2010, 12:05:21 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I whole-heartedly disagree! I don't want any new types, I want them to stick with that is here already. The types seem balances as is, and adding a new type could really shift things out of line. If this is the case, then the White version legendary would probably be either Normal-type or Flying-type.
Good point.
Old April 9, 2010, 12:30:20 PM
Giratina

I like these names, it's sort of like going back to the beginning when they just had R/B/Y/G.
Old April 9, 2010, 12:57:46 PM
Regigigas

They preempted themselves? I'm surprised they didn't milk the Pokémon Sunday reveal for as much as possible.
Old April 9, 2010, 01:14:34 PM
Kyurem

Hmmmm, perhaps when they translate it, the games will be Ebony and Ivory. I really like those names!

Last edited by Alakazamaster; April 9, 2010 at 01:14:58 PM.
Old April 9, 2010, 01:23:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Simple yet effective names. However, I'm guessing the names are going to be changed when coming overseas to something like Light and Dark, but who knows. Looking forward to seeing more!
With all of the previous games, the names have always been translated to mean the exact same thing, so it's probably going to be black and white in english, too.
Old April 9, 2010, 01:29:52 PM
Shaymin

Oh wow the names are so orignal. I can't wait!
Old April 9, 2010, 02:26:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:

No, it is going to be Pokémon Oreo.
Old April 9, 2010, 02:41:31 PM
Kyurem

Careful Yoshi, mixing "Oreo" with brand names can be hazardous...

Oreo Barbie.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; April 9, 2010 at 02:41:58 PM.
Old April 9, 2010, 02:58:35 PM
Zoroark

0_o Orea Barbie is weird. I can see where your going, AlakazamMaster.
I will moist likely not but I'll proably import one of these games and then i'll get the other one in english or maybe both in english but the one I like better in JPN.
Old April 9, 2010, 03:27:13 PM
Charizard

I going to get the "Black Version"
Old April 9, 2010, 08:30:57 PM
Giratina

I bet the Japanese names are Black and White and stupid Americans will ruin the awesomeness with "Light and Dark" or "Bright and Eerie". Translators can ruin alot of games. And it is quite strange that some people find these games racially offending.
Old April 9, 2010, 09:42:33 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Careful Yoshi, mixing "Oreo" with brand names can be hazardous...

Oreo Barbie.
I know its a joke to slutty barbie dolls, but alot of black people (including myself) take being called an oreo rather offensively. However, seeing a black barbie doll with oreo on the box causes me to laugh hysterically. (call me a hypocrite.)
Old April 9, 2010, 10:16:16 PM
Mudkip

I hope they create a Light type :3
To balance out dark~ I always thought they had dark.. so why not light? ;3 ;P
Old April 10, 2010, 12:39:34 AM
Shaymin

I don't think they'll make a new type, but you never know.
Old April 10, 2010, 04:26:13 AM
Rayquaza

No new types they've never found anything wrong with them for 10 years they shouldn't change now.
Old April 10, 2010, 06:29:19 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Hmmmm, perhaps when they translate it, the games will be Ebony and Ivory. I really like those names!
That's the names of 2 of my cats. D:
If so then I'll be getting Ebony because She's my kitty. :3
Old April 10, 2010, 08:49:45 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
No new types they've never found anything wrong with them for 10 years they shouldn't change now.
That's the kind of stuff that doesn't promote or allow any change at all.
We should aspire for them to have more groundbreaking change instead of the same old same old with a new coat of paint over it all.
And besides, if stuff like that was said when G/S came out, then Steel and Dark would've never came out!

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; April 10, 2010 at 08:50:57 AM.
Old April 10, 2010, 08:56:56 AM
Regigigas

The type changes in Gen II were more or less necessary, though, because the entire balance was broken. It's not broken now, so there honestly is no need to change it unless the developers just feel the need to have more types. However, there are so many type combinations that haven't been utilized yet under the current system that I see no need for a new type just yet. And if there is one, I sure hope it's something more original than "light." :/
Old April 10, 2010, 03:12:00 PM
Floatzel

I found something with the Pokemon. I bet it doesn't matter but it's worth posting.
Like HeartGold and SoulSilver, you can only get certain Pokemon in certain games.
So in Black and White, it's going to be Mr. Mime for White, Jynx for Black. Jynx made Black pop out for me.
Old April 10, 2010, 03:33:33 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I found something with the Pokemon. I bet it doesn't matter but it's worth posting.
Like HeartGold and SoulSilver, you can only get certain Pokemon in certain games.
So in Black and White, it's going to be Mr. Mime for White, Jynx for Black. Jynx made Black pop out for me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
HAHAHAHA.
HAHAHAH.
AHAH.
HA.
OWAIT THAT'S NOT FUNNY.
Me like everyone else is fed up with the racial stuff.
End it now, please.
Old April 10, 2010, 04:14:48 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
That's the kind of stuff that doesn't promote or allow any change at all.
We should aspire for them to have more groundbreaking change instead of the same old same old with a new coat of paint over it all.
And besides, if stuff like that was said when G/S came out, then Steel and Dark would've never came out!
Ok that makes sense. Then the Psychic type would be just as broken as way back in Gen 1. Steel and Dark were meant to put the Psychic type in it's place, and at the moment nothing is vicioualy broken. Adding a new type could seriosuly mess things up if done incorrectly.
Old April 10, 2010, 06:57:34 PM
Zoroark

Quote:

This is exactly what nearly at least one person on every Pokemon says, to try get some cred when this does happen. But since so many people take credit, no one knows who was the first to say this.. (not that it would take a genius)
Old April 10, 2010, 09:53:32 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Ok that makes sense. Then the Psychic type would be just as broken as way back in Gen 1. Steel and Dark were meant to put the Psychic type in it's place, and at the moment nothing is vicioualy broken. Adding a new type could seriosuly mess things up if done incorrectly.
This. Pokémon doesn't possess the luxury of, say, some PC games to apply patches to maintain balance, so if the alpha version of the game is unbalanced, then that game will remain unbalanced for good. The developers won't be able to fully anticipate what the competitive community will be able to figure out in terms of strategies and such, and with any change as major as adding types there will always be the possibility of breakage.
Old April 11, 2010, 01:41:11 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Or maybe, when they translate it, the games will be Black and White!

Why change the names of the games from Japan? The only thing that needs to be translated to something different is the Japanese names for each of the Pokemon.

And plus, the names Ebony and Ivory just don't sound all that great.
Old April 11, 2010, 04:14:38 PM
Rayquaza

Here are the possible starter silouets.
http://video.najoomi.com/videos/DCuh...e-version.html
I don't think it's real.

Last edited by Magmaster12; April 11, 2010 at 04:15:55 PM.
Old April 11, 2010, 06:09:21 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's real.
I'm sort of hoping they are. I dig 'em.
Old April 11, 2010, 06:11:58 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I don't think it's real.
Nah. Those aren't real. I've seen that image before they even talked about Black and White and they are fake.
Old April 11, 2010, 07:24:31 PM
Volcarona

that would be cool if they were real...It's a DOLPHIN!
who wouldn't want a dolphin?!?
Old April 14, 2010, 12:30:12 AM
Zoroark

Not digging the visuals of this game right now from what I've seen. Shame too. They could have been more creative or really pushed the system, but it looks too similar to our current game engines besides a slight camera change.
Old April 14, 2010, 04:29:57 AM
Rayquaza

That is kind of pushing, either you;ve been playing to many PSP games or you havn't noticed that it is unless you espect like what they had in Super Mario 64 DS which I think looked pretty bad.
Old April 14, 2010, 12:46:57 PM
Regigigas

Quote:

If the names did cause racial controversy, things would start resembling all the fanatics who kept saying "Pokemon is evil and goes against religion, ect." It`s annoying when people make a huge deal out of the smallest things. If such scrutinizing were to be done, then we clearly haven`t grown and improved as a humanistic society enough.
Old April 14, 2010, 12:54:57 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
If the names did cause racial controversy, things would start resembling all the fanatics who kept saying "Pokemon is evil and goes against religion, ect." It`s annoying when people make a huge deal out of the smallest things. If such scrutinizing were to be done, then we clearly haven`t grown and improved as a humanistic society enough.
True, everyone would let it bother them, so I hope Gamefreak USA gives the games new names.
Old April 14, 2010, 01:19:56 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLiquid View Post
This. Pokémon doesn't possess the luxury of, say, some PC games to apply patches to maintain balance, so if the alpha version of the game is unbalanced, then that game will remain unbalanced for good. The developers won't be able to fully anticipate what the competitive community will be able to figure out in terms of strategies and such, and with any change as major as adding types there will always be the possibility of breakage.
Very true.

Firstly, some people here are anticipating a re-naming of the games as "Light and Dark" to avoid racial references. Personally, I wouldn`t mind that xD I take a fair bit of pride in the fact that my middle name means "Light" when translated to English. And Dark`s pretty cool, too.

Anyway, back to typing.

I personally considered Arceus to basically be a "Light" type when I learned about it. Though the type doesn`t exist in-game, they gave it a Signature move which uses shots of light, in order to keep it from taking any particular "side" of the Pokemon Universe. They made it a normal type to keep it neutral as well, so people would be able to think of it in any role (with plates, that is). If they WERE to create a Light type, that would instantly have to be applied to Arceus, and Judgement would definitely be under the type category. Flash Cannon would also become a Light-type move if it were introduced. There is one thing that made me fairly sure there wouldn`t be any more types, though. In the movie Arceus:Chokoku no Jiku e, Arceus shows all 16 of it`s Life Plates, and it`s stated it can defend against every attack because of them. If they were to add an extra type, there would have to be a Plate to correspond to it, and since Arceus is from the earliest area of the Pokemon Universe`s timelime, this would interfere with continuity as well, making it even more questionable as to whether another type will appear.