Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 14, 2010, 12:08:23 PM
Joltik

Default War in Pokemon

So let's say that the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova got in a dispute and went to war. How do you think they would go about it and what kinds of strategies would they use?

For example would some regions use poison pokemon to poison the other sides troops? Would Gyarados be a viable choice in a naval attack? What kinds of pokemon could act as foot soldiers. I'm thinking mostly fighting and normal pokemon for this job.

Also how could certain areas be disrupted? I'm thinking that with Fortree city being mostly forest, another region could launch a fire pokemon assault.

Also please don't say "They'll just destroy each other with legendaries." Remember, legendaries are not easy to awaken by humans. Of course it happens in the games. But not everybody has the skill and knowledge to awaken Dialga and Palkia.

Anyways, discuss!
Old December 14, 2010, 12:37:55 PM
Haxorus

Unova would have the distance, surely. And Hoenn used to be covered in war (Lucario Movie) and that Hoenn and Sinnoh are islands. Kanto and Johto would be the first to fight. So, I say Unova would win, after the other 4 fight so long they all die out, while Unova stays off in the distance sending in a few troops sometimes.
Old December 14, 2010, 04:58:37 PM
Volcarona

Baistly (Or however you spell that ) I say Sinnoh because my first main game was Pearl.

But realistically, Unova because, like Ultimazone said, they can just relax while everyone else is killing each other. But there is the Lake of Rage where a bunch of Magikarp have evolved. So if Jhoto can get by the other regions fine then they can launch a surprise attack on Unova using a bunch of Gyarados.

Last edited by LucarioMario; December 14, 2010 at 04:59:10 PM.
Old December 15, 2010, 02:55:46 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimazone View Post
And Hoenn used to be covered in war (Lucario Movie)
*CoughthatwasKantocough*

Unova would probably be most likely to win. Considering Lt. Surge fought in a war and used electric Pokemon to paralyze enemies, my bet is most Unova (I'm assuming he was from Unova) soldiers used that strategy. Maybe they could use Maggyo as some sort of land mine?

Or, assuming the first four regions are all the same nation, odds are they wouldn't be fighting each other (unless it's a civil war), and they would instead gang up against Unova.

Last edited by Leaftail; December 15, 2010 at 02:58:05 PM.
Old December 16, 2010, 10:52:32 AM
Landorus

Well, when it comes to legendary pokemon, Sinnoh has them all beat. Kanto just has the Mews and the legendary birds, Johto has Ho-oh, Lugia, and the legendary dogs, Hoenn has the creators of Earth, Unova has the Yin and he Yang, but Sinnoh has The creators of Time, Space, and Dimensions, Master of Sleep, master of Volcanoes, Master of Nature, Masters of Emotions, a titan, oh, and did I mention they have god?
Old December 16, 2010, 04:07:41 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Also please don't say "They'll just destroy each other with legendaries." Remember, legendaries are not easy to awaken by humans. Of course it happens in the games. But not everybody has the skill and knowledge to awaken Dialga and Palkia.
Old December 17, 2010, 10:56:42 AM
Rayquaza

Well, if we discuss the history between Johto and Sinnoh, we will find that the Sinnoh ancestors traveled to Johto, so many, or most of the Johto people are cousins of the Sinnoh people. If we think about it even more in a war-like thing, I'd say that Johto and Sinnoh would be allies. Kanto is in a dangerous spot, since Sinnoh can attack from the seas, while Johto attacks from the land. We also need to consider the strong Pokémon of Sinnoh. Lake of Rage is a very important thing, and even Mt. Silver, since both give Johto an advantage. Hoenn is not in a better spot, since it can be surrounded overseas. What makes the matter worse is that Cynthia is familiar with the myths of Sinnoh and thus, she has the ability to awaken the three titan dragons, whether she is in Sinnoh or even in Johto. Buck's grandpa does know a lot about Heatran, and I won't be surprised if he can control it with Magma Stone. In Johto, Morty has the ability to awaken Ho-Oh, which is yet a problem for the enemies. What is even bad, if there are people (Like Mr. Pokémon) to be able to access the Embedded Tower and actually awaken the weather trio.
I don't really know about Unova, but the distance doesn't mean that it is going to win.
Old December 17, 2010, 11:58:52 AM
Volcarona

Hey guys, aren't we forgeting someregions?
Just thought we should think about those guys.
Old December 17, 2010, 12:16:03 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
Hey guys, aren't we forgeting someregions?
Just thought we should think about those guys.
Well, tropius, those guys still have all the same pokemon as the games they're spun off of. Doesn't count exactly.
Old December 17, 2010, 05:01:24 PM
Servine

First of all, that picture is forgetting Oblivia, Orre, and that thing in Trozei. Plus TCG Island and PMD 1+2, but those three probably don't count, since they are seperate universes. Secondly, Idno, let's see what your saying... they have the same pokemon, so they don't count? Let's apply that to real life then. Canada is just full of French and English people, so that doesn't count, right? Or Eastern Asia. Japan and China have very close history, and most everyone over there are a lot alike, so they don't count? Anyways, more arguing. (Boo...) Spirit of Time, where does it say all these people can do these things, or that all these things would happen? Kanto, I doubt would be against Johto, due to the facts that they are so close, both physically and mentally. They share many areas, like Mt. Silver, or Tohjo Falls. However, think about the fact that they share the same Pokemon League, in Kanto. All of those strong, highly regarded trainers will most likely go to Kanto. Hell, Koga's daughter is a gym leader in Kanto, so I doubt the Elite Four would willingly attack their friend's daughter. Another thing on what you said, why would all, in fact, why would ANY fight legendaries fight for anyone? In fact, Cobalon's quad would most likely lead an effective anti-human campaign. Think, here, four strong pokemon giving obvious reasons why to leave humans. Then, the rangers, who are, accourding to that there map, are both directly east and south of it. (I would use this one instead, that one has a fake region on it) would take a heavy toll against that thought of war. Honestly, the strongest region would have a good chance of being Orre, what with all those strong trainers coming for their famous arenas, as well as their positioning. Think about it, they have a huge desert in which they could fight in, using it to their advantage. Although, sadly, if they leave, or if the desert is penetrated, they have barely any protection. So, taking all these factors into consideration, I personally believe I'm going insane, and have just rambled for the past 10 minutes.
Old December 18, 2010, 04:49:54 AM
Rayquaza

In the very first post, only the main five regions are mentioned so the other spin-offs are not counted.

Two, physical positions do not affect the enmity between regions. An example to that is World War 2 in which Hitler fought with all the Europeans, although they were close to him in terms of boundaries. However, when I said about Johto and Sinnoh being related to each other, then I referred to the shared ancestors. In other words, we can say that the people of both the regions are more of cousins. We have seen this getting proved by the SinJoh Ruins.

Three, I never said that the legendary Pokémon are willing to fight with humans. In fact, I said that in Sinnoh there are people who can control some legendary Pokémon, and so is in Johto. Therefore, they can use them in their war.

What also matters is that you mentioned that Mt. Silver and Tohojo Falls are shared between both the region, although it is not true. Both the places are located in Johto, and the map proves that. Having a mountain in your back is always referred to being a good strategy in wars in history. Also, The Elite Four, despite being strong, can't afford to win a whole war on their own, especially with the back-up of the people of Sinnoh (who also happened to have an Elite Four as well as the strongest champion).

Something you mentioned, which is actually good against the people of Unova is the fact that their legendary Pokémon not only can't be controlled by the people, but they are hated by them, which is a disadvantage.
Old January 4, 2011, 09:12:38 AM
Charizard

Lt. Surge would just nuke everybody.
Old January 9, 2011, 05:43:36 AM
Volcarona

Hmm.. this thread is interesting.

TL;DR version - Stop talking about the Pokemon Trainers, start discussing military

Long Boring Philosiphied Version.    
Oblivia, Almia, Orre and all the smaller regions would definitely not involve themselves, they're simply too small to have a large enough army to counter the other regions. Although Almia might, seeing as how they are bigger than the other regions I mentioned.

All you guys are forgetting something BTW. I know some people can control legendary Pokemon, Kanto has Red, Sinnoh has the strongest champion and all that other stuff, but dont forget that however extraordinary these people are, they all share something in common, they are all CIVILIANS.

I doubt the Kanto Military would enlist a 16 year old to help defend a nation and I doubt the people that have the experience and wisdom to control legendary Pokemon would be ignorant enough to participate in war. Heck, if some idiot forced some legendaries to fight, they could seriously screw up the universe. Time would stop flowing if Dialga died, the universe would fade to nothing if Palkia died and the world would be flooded or baked in heat if any of the weather trio died.

Some people say that the Elite Four and Champion, the strongest Pokemon trainers in all of a region (that is, until your 10 year old persona comes and destroys them) may fight in a war, but I don't think the Elite Four is secretly a military service. Anyone with the strength and skill to become a member of the Elite Four must obviously love Pokemon quite alot. Their Pokemon have most likely gone through years of arduous training and bonding with them. I doubt they'd wage their beloved partner Pokemon in a silly war and risk the chance of them dying.

The only person that we KNOW will fight in a war is Lt.Surge. But then again, he might be retired.

Don't forget that war is waged with military forces, not 10 year old kids.

Last edited by AnathemA; January 9, 2011 at 05:49:05 AM.
Old January 12, 2011, 09:43:37 PM
Volcarona

Provided that no legendarys would not be used, that every nation was on its own, and that they are all reachable by the others, Johto or Kanto would take over one or the other, while hoen would likely end up having to amass armys of wailord to traverse the sea, as would Unova (with their water types), Unova's distance would come at somewhat of a defensive advantage, while an offensive disadvantage. For them to send in troops of whatever pokemon they had available, they'd have to ship them over using boats, which wouldn't be nearly as sturdy as the mass amounts of wailord that both Sinnoh and Hoen would be able to send at them. Johto or kanto, whichever prevailed, would have to take either Sinnoh or Hoen in order to eventually win. Sinnoh, given its larger amount of diversity in wildlife of pokemon to send over, would have its disadvantages- less wailord to use as boats than Hoen. If Hoen wasn't able to capture Sinnoh, then Johto/Kanto would, while Unova would struggle to attack while being attacked by whatever the others sent at it. Hoen would also have keckleon to use as spys, Salamence and Altaria as strong fighters and aerial travelers as well as wingull to use to send over other smaller pokemon to fight.

Johto's best (almost unique) fighters would likely be tyranitar and dragonite, of which kanto would only have dragonite, meaning that given the close boarders, Johto would likely win.

Another interesting thing, would be Alakazam, which are fairly common as abras, in all of the regions except Unova. This would be another reason for Unovas quick defeat, as Alakazams could easily be amassed for transit, as they are only required to be traded to evolve. Then again, Unova has other psychic types they could use for the same purpose. If it is presumed that these psychic types could not teleport entire armys of pokemon into other regions major citys and just own everything, then Unovas distance would still be a factor.

tl;dr version- The Johto or the Hoen region would prevail.
Old January 15, 2011, 10:06:20 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
hoen would likely end up having to amass armys of wailord to traverse the sea
I think submarines would still be more efficient.
Quote:
Hoen would also have keckleon to use as spys, Salamence and Altaria as strong fighters and aerial travelers as well as wingull to use to send over other smaller pokemon to fight.
Technically, you can find all four of these Pokemon in Sinnoh, and all of them excluding Kecleon in Unova.

Quote:
Johto's best (almost unique) fighters would likely be tyranitar and dragonite, of which kanto would only have dragonite, meaning that given the close boarders, Johto would likely win.
Again, you can find every Pseudo-legendary except Garchomp in Unova post-national dex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
Another interesting thing, would be Alakazam, which are fairly common as abras, in all of the regions except Unova.
*coughAbra'sfoundinWhiteForestcough*

Firstly, people can import Pokemon from other regions. Just because you can only find Altaria or Wailord in the wild in one region doesn't mean soldiers can't get their hands on one another way, perhaps through the use of Pokemon hunters (except, you know, Pokemon poaching is illegal, but you get my point). Secondly, I believe regular weapons and methods of transportation would still be more efficient than using Pokemon. Unova has an advantage in regard to technology, because it is the most advanced region of them all. Thirdly, are the four Japanese regions not the same nation? If they were, they wouldn't be fighting each other! They'd all team up against Unova!

Assuming Pokemon would be used in war and the Japanese regions are not the same nation, I believe Unova would win. Including the post-national dex Pokemon, they have nearly every pseudo-legendary and the most Pokemon unique to the region. Many of Unova's Pokemon are unusually powerful. For example, the record for highest special attack of all non-legendaries was 135 prior to gen V. Now Shandera, with 145, Hihidaruma's Daruma Mode, with 140, and Urugamosu, with 135, all either tied or beat that record. No Pokemon unique to Unova has a BST under 250, and no fully-evoled Pokemon has a BST under 400, both of which are a first for any generation, which is amazing considering this is also the biggest generation yet. Jiheddo and Sazandora are known to be very aggressive. The Hitomoshi line is capable of stealing people's souls. The Tamagetake line and Maggyo can be used like land mines, spewing toxic spores or paralyzing anyone who steps on them. Daikenki and Futachimaru can fight like samurai, using the swords on their bodies. Accelgor (I give up trying to remember their Japanese names) have ninja-like speed, and can spy on the enemy or steal their weapons, important documents, etc. If Pokemon were used in warfare, Unova would have a huge advantage.

Last edited by Leaftail; January 15, 2011 at 10:58:06 AM.
Old January 15, 2011, 11:59:58 AM
Haxorus

Using what you could have as your advantage. You may not understand me at this point.

Let's take the fact that Kanto is in serious trouble. They have a huge disadvantage against Johto. The government of Kanto could negotiate with Team Rocket, ah see what I did there? Team Rocket is very powerful, they have money, pokemon and equipment. They could use that as an advantage.

Looking at Hoenn, equipping Aqua to the plans.. Aqua could provide soldiers, Pokemon and even submarines for travel.

Sinnoh, on the other hand could hook up Team Galactic. Providing them with what they need. They could use Team Galactics advanced information and technology. Like summoning legendary Pokemon and control them for in-war battles.

Give the bad guys what they want, and they'll give you what they have.
But then again, the bad guys could use this as their own advantage and betray the government.

Last edited by Dilster3000; January 15, 2011 at 12:02:36 PM.
Old January 15, 2011, 12:28:08 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3000 View Post
But then again, the bad guys could use this as their own advantage and betray the government.
Uh, yah.

If team galactic captures Dialga/Palkia using the government's assistance, they're not going to use them to help Sinnoh win the war, they're going to use them to destroy the universe.
Old January 16, 2011, 02:36:38 PM
Servine

Ok, so IMO, Hoenn would be the first to loose. (Sadly, as Hoenn is my favourite region) One reason being that, going with what Dilster said, they don't have an evil ream anymore, so there's a disadvantage. (I don't like that idea regardless, so...) Also, their pokemon, while IMO, have the best designs, they're the weakest, bar Kanto, who really isn't that varied. However, we really don't know, as Gens II + IV take place 3 years in the future to gens III and I, we have to assume that Hoenn, who has yet to be remade, has had SOME kind of advancements, especially if what happened in LaRousse City is any indication to what's to come. Shinnoh is probably the best, in terms of defence, as they can simply hide in the mountains and snow, sort of like Switzerland. I don't think legendaries will be involved in the slightest, bar the trio Cobalon leads. Honestly, I don't believe that legendaries will be willing to help humans. Sure, people like Buck know rumours of how to control things like Heatran, but really, the truely powerful ones, like Arceus, are pretty much impossible to get to. Ones like Heatran and Uxie aren't much stronger than regular ones. In fact, ones like the Regis are really pretty bad at battling.

So, to sum it all up, Hoenn looses first, and Shinnoh will either win, or be the last to loose.
Old January 16, 2011, 08:06:08 PM
Kyurem

Odd how I'm writing a fanfic sort of on this subject.

I dtill haven't decided who's going to win/lose, though it probably won't be anybody in this case. Of course, Kanto/Johto should watch out, seeing as they're right next to each other. In a real-life scenario, I'd say Sinnoh'd probably win. Mainly because of Kanto/Johto's location, Hoenn's location in relation to the Sevii Islands, Kanto's territories, and Unova's complete detachment from everyone else.
Old April 20, 2011, 03:57:33 AM
Servine

Hoenn's landscape is too delicate, it would never enter a war. It couldn't even handle the battle between Groudon and Kyogre. Johto seems a peaceful, relaxed and traditional place, preserving its culture and customs. I don't see why they would benefit by entering a war...they even maintain the brass tower, that it's burned, in homage to Ho-Oh. Now Kanto had(?) team Rocket scientists that developed Mewtwo, and the head of this organization was actually one of the gym leaders...talk about a corrupt system! So they might have war potential. I don't know much about Sinnoh... and Unova doesn't seem an agressive place...it seems neutral. (maybe that's what Gamefreak was looking for?)

Last edited by Pflanze; April 20, 2011 at 03:59:06 AM.