Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 28, 2012, 01:05:35 PM
Volcarona

Default isbragg's Weekly Pokemon League Blog

isbragg's Weekly Pokemon League Blog
Where I blog about my local Pokemon League

This is my first time seriously attempting a blog, so if it seems a bit messy at first, you know why.

A few details about the League & The Most Recent Times
The League I participate in is located at a place called Game Cafe in Independence, MO. You can find me there just about every Saturday from 2-8PM central time hanging out and playing Pokemon with 30+ (sometimes 40+) other Pokemon fans. We enjoy the video games and the Trading Card Game.

This past Saturday was the day of the Boundaries Crossed Pre-Release. We always hold two PRs on the same day along with a free video game tournament. I participated in all three events that day. I didn't pull much of anything in the first PR besides a Computer Search. I was able to trade it for a full-art Cresselia-EX. I won only one match in the first PR. The second PR saw me pulling a Black Kyurem-EX. Once again, only one match was won. I am not a competitive battler by any stretch, so I initially didn't want to enter the video game tournament. I eventually did and had my team beat down quickly in each match. I'm not complaining about all the losses, I enjoy playing, win or lose.

As you can see, this blog is designed to give a quick overview of what I do at the League. Tune in every Saturday at 10PM central time for the latest.

Last edited by isbragg; October 28, 2012 at 01:06:23 PM.
Old November 3, 2012, 09:29:24 PM
Volcarona

Hacker Beatdown!

Today's League activities were not that interesting this time around; just find somebody and battle. I played one card game match, which I lost. Then there was a video game match I played against a hacker. She had a shiny Keldeo and a Therian Forme Tornadus that wasn't from Dream Radar (to top it off, she was using a DSi). She said she got them through a "DNS code". I still managed to beat her with two Pokemon left on my team.

I also played two full 4-player matches of Pac-Man VS., of which I won both.
Old May 7, 2013, 08:29:06 PM
Volcarona

This Blog's not Dead!

Just a quick update to say that this blog is still kicking, even if I have been busy with other stuff.

This past Saturday saw me making the trip all the way to Omaha, NE to participate in their Prerelease for Plasma Freeze. The place was small, but quaint. Crap pulls and crap play were par for the course as I won only one match out of 6.

I plan on participating in Nationals this year. It will be my first experience at a tournament bigger than States, and likely my first experience in a multi-day event. I have been improving my game and deck and believe I may be able to win a few matches there.

I also passed the Professor Exam and am now a Pokemon Professor. This means I can officially judge tournaments and run my own League if I wanted to.