Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > Crystal Islands

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 2, 2010, 08:54:53 PM
Kyurem

Default Crystal Islands: Sprite Section Expanded, Pokedex Bug Fixes, More

Although I haven't done much work on the site for my spring break, I did finally do some work on Crystal Islands. First of all, the sprite section has been expanded to include Pokémon sprites from Pokémon Red and Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire, LeafGreen and FireRed, and Emerald, including Emerald and Crystal animations. There have also been several improvements throughout the PokeDex, most being bug fixes. First of all, the Pokémon color is now displayed like it should, and their height/weight is also displayed in Imperial units. The different tables are also presented more uniformly, with most columns being evenly spaced. Finally, Pokémon cries and footprints are both working now. You will need to have an HTML5 Audio/OGG Vorbis-capable browser in order to listen to the cries, through; Firefox 3.5+, Opera 10.50+, and Chrome 3+ will all work, while Safari and Internet Explorer will not. Outside of the PokeDex, I have also made some changes to the search engine: Floatzel.net is indexed so you can search both at once, and convenient links are provided when you search key content, like "Pokémon Diamond".

Finally, on a smaller note, Safari and Internet Explorer versions less than 8 both use the old layout by default, while the old layout should display properly in IE8 without having to disable the "compatibility mode" (IE7 still has some slight problems with the menus). In Safari, there is a bug I will need to fix before using the advance layout by default.
Old April 3, 2010, 12:51:15 AM
Administrator

Oh wow, I never actually used the search before. Now that I just tried it, it is really cool. That's easily one of the best features.
Old April 3, 2010, 07:14:25 AM
Giratina

I have a suggestion that you may or may not use:

How about splitting the sprites in every section to four categories: Kanto Pokémon, Johto Pokémon, Hoenn Pokémon and Sinnoh Pokémon? The reason behind this is because pages like the 'Overworld Pokémon Sprites' in the Pokémon HG/SS section takes quite a lot of time to load. Any other categories can work, too.