FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 18, 2010, 03:52:06 PM
Kyurem

Default Live Action Fairly Odd Parents Movie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fai...dParents#Movie

Quote:
"The Fairly Oddparents will celebrate their 10th anniversary September 4 with a live action movie. The live action Fairly Odd movie entitled A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow up Timmy Turner! was announced in July 2010 and will be released sometime in 2011. Drake Bell will play Timmy Turner, Curb Your Enthusiasm star Cheryl Hines and Seinfeld star Jason Alexander will be the title characters (Cosmo and Wanda), Daniella Monet from Victorious will play Tootie, and the villian who is a oil tycoon who wants Cosmo and Wanda's powers (Hugh J. Magnate) will be played by Steven Weber. The plot is Timmy Turner is grown-up, but still is in school and acts like a kid in order to keep his fairies. But when he sees Tootie as an beautiful woman, he has to choose between her and his fairies. Vicky is also in the film."
What? 0_O

I feel like my childhood died inside
Nickelodeon cartoons aren't meant to transfer into Live Action movies. I mean look at Avatar: The Last Airbender it's just... bad
I thought cartoons are meant to stay as cartoons

Drake Bell is supposed to be playing Timmy Turner

I mean like why a live action movie? o_O
Old August 18, 2010, 04:48:37 PM
Rayquaza

Can't be as bad as Fred Movie.
Old August 18, 2010, 04:52:11 PM
Giratina

Fairly Odd Parents?! That's one of my favourite cartoons! They can't make a live action movie of it! It should stay as a cartoon! NO!

Nickelodeon, you're going downhill. Fast.

Last edited by Ningamer; August 18, 2010 at 04:52:31 PM.
Old August 18, 2010, 06:20:35 PM
Volcarona

Oh god. You know, they only did live action TV shows to compete with Disney.
But, still, this sums up my reaction:
Old August 18, 2010, 06:33:30 PM
Kyurem

They should just keep cartoons as cartoons. Everything is Real People with them now. They have iCarly and Big Time Rush and that True Jackson VP show

inb4 live action Spongebob.

Last edited by Shiny; August 18, 2010 at 06:34:02 PM.
Old August 18, 2010, 06:41:38 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
They should just keep cartoons as cartoons. Everything is Real People with them now. They have iCarly and Big Time Rush and that True Jackson VP show

inb4 live action Spongebob.
Old August 18, 2010, 06:43:08 PM
Kyurem

That's just... disturbing very disturbing
Old August 20, 2010, 01:11:31 PM
Regigigas

In my opinion, this may be WORSE than the fred movie. I mean, why make this?
Old August 20, 2010, 01:15:17 PM
Shaymin

This is kind of stupid. Why did they have to do something that incompetent? Also, Drake Bell looks nothing like Timmy Turner, at all. He looks funny in all pink though .
Old August 20, 2010, 01:27:49 PM
Shaymin

As I've said before in a previous thread, Now a days, they'll make a movie out of anything.

Also why aren't they, I don't know, Actually getting a kid to play Timmy?!
Old August 20, 2010, 01:29:54 PM
Kyurem

The Plots supposed to be Timmy Turner growing up but hes still a kid so he gets to keep his fairies

Yeah I don't know

It's gonna be weird though with whoever is playing as Cosmo and Wanda o.o
Old August 20, 2010, 02:36:35 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
Also why aren't they, I don't know, Actually getting a kid to play Timmy?!
That's the point of the movie. Timmy is 23, but still acts like a kid so he can keep his godparents. He then finds love, but has to choose between maturity and his godparents.
Old August 20, 2010, 03:22:32 PM
Regigigas

But when he sees Tootie as an beautiful woman, he has to choose between her and his fairies.

I don't like nick or the show but that actually sounds interesting. I might considering watching it.
Old August 20, 2010, 04:23:15 PM
Landorus

No... no no no no no! NO! N-O! God where has the child entertainment company gone wrong!?
Old August 21, 2010, 05:51:58 AM
Kyurem

Nickelodeon has to stop somewhere. I mean, The Last Airbender was a good concept, but... what the hell are they going to do with this?
Old August 21, 2010, 09:01:15 PM
Joltik

hm thisd doesnt seem to interest me although i did like the cartoon
Old August 22, 2010, 04:27:25 AM
Linoone

I was going to say this looks terrible but Drake is so awesome I may just watch it.
Old August 22, 2010, 08:12:47 AM
Volcarona

What happen to cartoons these days? Nowadays most of the kids show are turning into real life. It's not really bad but when you turn cartoons into real life...
Old August 22, 2010, 08:38:46 AM
Volcarona

*sigh* Now, I'm not going to be surprised if they make a live action Danny Phatom, what other cartoons are you going to screw up now, Nick? What next? A LIVE ACTION JIMMY NEUTRON?! You know what, *eff* Hollywood for this. Nickeledeon has now offically killed my childhood dreams. Why Nickelodeon, why?

Last edited by Mario227; August 22, 2010 at 08:45:03 AM.
Old August 22, 2010, 10:00:09 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Drake is so awesome.
Wait...

WHAT!?

Anyways, back on topic... No, Nickelodeon. Just no. This is going to be like that live-action Aqua Teen fiasco. GOOD CARTOONS DO NOT WORK WELL IN LIVE-ACTION.

But then again, these ARE the idiots who cancelled Invader Zim, the Amanda Show, and countless others, so... I'm not surprised that they'd screw up one of their highest-rated shows just for ratings from kids just out of their diapers. These guys just seem to target below usual cartoon demographics, and if the ratings are high OUTSIDE the demographic, yet terrible INSIDE, they scrap it. This is NOT what ANYBODY wants. I'm sure Butch Hartman (whose views on Adam West do not differ from adult cartoon director Seth McFarlane's, making the show more mature than it should be, might I add) is being forced to complete this project by Nick execs and is regretting hiring the writer who came up with such a terrible script.

In conclusion, (tl;dr version) this is the worst idea Nickelodeon has ever come up with. And I'm not bringing up any of their OTHER fiascos.

PROS: Nothing.

CONS: Everything.

Why? Just why!?
Old August 22, 2010, 11:32:41 AM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 View Post
Wait...

WHAT!?

Anyways, back on topic... No, Nickelodeon. Just no. This is going to be like that live-action Aqua Teen fiasco. GOOD CARTOONS DO NOT WORK WELL IN LIVE-ACTION.

But then again, these ARE the idiots who cancelled Invader Zim, the Amanda Show, and countless others, so... I'm not surprised that they'd screw up one of their highest-rated shows just for ratings from kids just out of their diapers. These guys just seem to target below usual cartoon demographics, and if the ratings are high OUTSIDE the demographic, yet terrible INSIDE, they scrap it. This is NOT what ANYBODY wants. I'm sure Butch Hartman (whose views on Adam West do not differ from adult cartoon director Seth McFarlane's, making the show more mature than it should be, might I add) is being forced to complete this project by Nick execs and is regretting hiring the writer who came up with such a terrible script.

In conclusion, (tl;dr version) this is the worst idea Nickelodeon has ever come up with. And I'm not bringing up any of their OTHER fiascos.

PROS: Nothing.

CONS: Everything.

Why? Just why!?
Invader Zim is still on and Amanda cancelled the Amanda show not them. Also the show isn't that bad and Nick is aimed towards children (usually), you don't have to bash the station just don't watch it.
Old August 22, 2010, 12:46:19 PM
Landorus

I'm with emperorempoleon. The entertainment center has been hypnotized by flashy pop stars and terrible music. Everything's gone downhill, even Cartoon Network, who hasn't even shown any signs of Bieber Intoxication.
Old August 23, 2010, 06:14:32 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
*sigh* Now, I'm not going to be surprised if they make a live action Danny Phatom, what other cartoons are you going to screw up now, Nick? What next? A LIVE ACTION JIMMY NEUTRON?! You know what, *eff* Hollywood for this. Nickeledeon has now offically killed my childhood dreams. Why Nickelodeon, why?
Well, the good thing is they're making a SPINOFF FOR SHEEN instead of a lve action movie. Great, isn't it ?.
Old September 8, 2010, 11:21:18 PM
Haxorus

What's so good about live action? What happened to cartoons? I thought they were still cool, but apparently not, and I want to know why there is NO good cartoons on disney/nick/CN
Old September 9, 2010, 10:02:21 AM
Kyurem

What... is this. This is perhaps the stupidest idea I have ever seen. This makes so little sense its not even funny.
Old September 9, 2010, 10:30:47 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
I mean look at Avatar: The Last Airbender it's just... bad.
I think that was more the fault of Mr. M. Night Shymala-la-la. His movies are always ...lacking that oomph to make them great.

I'm on the fence with this one. I mean... I would like to see more Fairly Oddparents, but not with Drake Bell. Ugh!! It would certainly be interesting to see just how they ruin it, but it'll be nice to see how they tackle the cartoon to live action hurdles.
Old September 10, 2010, 01:28:51 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
What... is this. This is perhaps the stupidest idea I have ever seen. This makes so little sense its not even funny.
I feel the same way and when hollywood sees a good cartoon they just have to turn it into a movie but Scooby Doo and The Flintstones were the best based on cartoon movies.
Old September 10, 2010, 01:33:22 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
I feel the same way and when hollywood sees a good cartoon they just have to turn it into a movie but Scooby Doo and The Flintstones were the best based on cartoon movies.
Both Scooby Doo and the Flintstones are classic cartoons. If they messed those up, there will be BLOOD! (I think we're in need of a Jetson's movie. He he.)

Nickelodeon is going overboard with shoving their cartoons into movies, and vice versa. I can't watch Madagascar anymore without thinking about that crappy penguins show they somehow got. Same with (Back to the) Barnyard and Jimmy Neutron.
Old September 10, 2010, 07:42:42 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
Well, the good thing is they're making a SPINOFF FOR SHEEN instead of a lve action movie. Great, isn't it ?.
Oh thank god. If they can not f**k it up, I might see it. When reality became the thing to CN, Nick, and Disney,.....All hell broke lose. With live action, I would gladly go to CN, Nickelodeon, and the Disney Channel buildings and go kick them in the balls and say "HEY! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SMOKING!". I guess CN, Nick, and Disney thought cartoon were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo last decade. Personally, I would perfer it Nick did re-runs of the same episode (of Spongebob or something). All I can say is, anything on tv that's reality (and the new pokemon episodes, no offense to the big pokefreaks who like those episodes). But, this is garbage. We are dissapointed, CN, Nick, Disney. Most importantly, I think they're dissapointed of themselves as well.
Old July 1, 2011, 03:35:04 PM
Rayquaza

Here is a trailer for it.

Watch in horror!

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 1, 2011 at 03:37:01 PM.
Old July 1, 2011, 03:49:46 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Watch in horror!
Looks kinda okay, actually. I'll watch it.
Old July 1, 2011, 04:01:16 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Looks kinda okay, actually. I'll watch it.
Anything with fart jokes in the trailer isn't worth watching.
Old July 1, 2011, 04:14:22 PM
Charizard

I'm actually kind of interested in this, I grew up with the show, and I really want to know just what the heck is going to happen in the movie.

The only question is: WHY A LIVE ACTION MOVIE!? I understood why they made one of Scooby Doo, as well as Avatar, but THIS!? Seriously, what were you thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
What's so good about live action? What happened to cartoons? I thought they were still cool, but apparently not, and I want to know why there is NO good cartoons on disney/nick/CN
No good cartoons? NO GOOD CARTOONS!? You sir, need to watch Phineas and Ferb. Speaking of Phineas and Ferb, I heard rumors that Disney is making a live action movie of THAT, thankfully, it's only a rumor.....
Old July 1, 2011, 06:33:20 PM

That CGI... is like the most uncanny thing I've ever seen. It looks pretty lame overall.
Old July 1, 2011, 11:56:57 PM
Kyurem

The CGI looks like the same crappy one in the Jimmy Neutron and Fairly Odd Parents crossover made years ago.
You'd think they'd at least improve it.
Old July 2, 2011, 06:27:20 PM
Volcarona

I'm somewhat fine with the concept, though it feels kind of awkward since Timmy's trying to act like a 10 year old at 21 or something.

But, the trailer, just, seriously, who thought it'd be a good idea to turn a cartoon like this into a live action movie?
Old July 3, 2011, 08:08:03 AM
Volcarona

Yeah, funny story. I was sitting here at my computer doin' my own thing while my brother was watching TV behind me. Then, the trailer for it came up. It was the first time either of us had seen it. Of course, I continued doing my own thing on my computer. When the commercial was over, my brother turned to me and said, "Did you--"

I promptly interrupted and said, "We will pretend that never happened."

And he said, "Right. Good."

In all seriousness, you know a show has reached the end of its lifetime when a live-action movie is made of it. Actually, at that point, the show is on a heart and lung machine and someone is being paid obscene amounts of money to perform constant CPR on it while scientists are working in a secret underground lab trying to create a method of reanimating the dead.
Old July 4, 2011, 12:50:20 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
I'm not going to be surprised if they make a live action Danny Phatom
I actually think that could be pretty cool if done well.
But I think you guys are over-reacting. live action =/= worst thing ever. This could be a very good movie if they stay true to the show.
Old July 5, 2011, 10:14:35 AM
Zoroark

I was actually quite impressed with the movie trailer I managed to catch the other day.
Old July 6, 2011, 12:45:21 AM
Servine

^That image sums up my reaction upon hearing of this movie for the first time.

There actually was once a time I was alright with the show. I mean, there were some good jokes here and there, and it had a good run. I actually gave up when I started barely watching TV, but made it official when Poof came in. Things were getting stale for me, personally.

And then here comes a live action movie... That trailer has such terrible CGI and... he's 23 and JUST getting attracted to females? Er... I guess he wished he'd go through puberty when everyone else is done.

...Also, how'd Tootie go from an annoying little kid with glasses and ADHD to a generic teenage "hot stuff wannabe" lady?

Last edited by Glitchy Furrystuff; July 6, 2011 at 01:22:35 AM.
Old July 6, 2011, 04:29:27 PM
Volcarona

It's not that bad. Except it has unfunny jokes and crappy CGI.
Old July 6, 2011, 06:17:58 PM
Haxorus

The only things that I want to see in this movie are Mr. Crocker and Jorgen. I thought Crocker was okay until the "atomic runs" part and Jorgen looks creepy. I guess I'll just have to wait until it comes out to see how they pull them off.
Old July 9, 2011, 04:28:57 PM
Haxorus

So far the movie looks pretty good.
Old July 11, 2011, 08:50:52 PM
Zoroark

The only good thing I noticed about the trailer was that Cosmo and Wanda have their normal cartoon voice actors.

Also, how is it that after 13 years, Mr Crocker looks younger?
Old July 20, 2011, 05:39:48 PM
Linoone

I watched about 5 minutes of it before I just changed the channel. It was just so... horrible, in my opinion
Makes sense, though.. I've pretty much grown out of Fairly Odd Parents, since I used to love watching it a few years ago, but now I just watch TBS or Comedy Central or something